Priestesses of the Goddess Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,502 Followers

She closed her eyes and reached for the goddess. Well, not the goddess herself. She had never felt truly worthy of such a thing. But she sought the next best thing, Lano. She tried hard to imagine what her other mother would say and do in this situation. And she came away empty. Nothing. She was nothing. But that lost little girl. Fatherless and now motherless too.

She felt her own winds rising. The winds of doubt. Not just doubt in herself. That she was accustomed to by now. No, this was far, far worse. Doubts in the goddess herself. Why would anything, any being, choose someone so inadequate as her for such a position of wisdom and power? And if the goddess could not be trusted to select a priestess worthy of her, what else could she not be trusted with?

Her sister's body shook violently upon the bed, drawing her back from her thoughts. The woman seemed to be genuinely convulsing in some sort of fit now. But even as she did the most blood curdling screams erupted like lava from her mouth. "NO," seemed to echo off the walls of her bedchamber and fill the whole temple with fear and dread.

Mya trembled as she wondered for the first time if they were going to lose their precious sister as they had their other mother.

***

Soji rushed to her sister's side. Drawing her hand up and placing it over her heart even as she watched Mya mirror her actions. She saw the doubts and insecurities that always seemed to lurk just behind her little sister's eyes. But now was no time for those. "Help me, please," she begged. "Focus and help me save her, sister mine."

The younger woman nodded as tears began to flow down her cheeks. Soji felt the scalding heat of her own as they trekked down her cheeks. "That's right, cry sweet sisters. Tears. Water of the goddess to cleanse and heal," they chanted together. She focused all of her energy upon her sister.

Then it hit her. The screams were deafening. Blood was everywhere. Bodies lay strewn about them. The alter of the goddess was shattered. And they huddled together...the three of them. Once powerful, now powerless to stop it. And together they cried for mercy...

Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,502 Followers
12