Priestesses of the Goddess Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,504 Followers

She felt a strong arm about her waist as Tam pushed her to safety, facing the other man. She noticed then that his eyes which had been as dark as the evening sky, as black as the others, now glowed a bright gold like unto the softer yellow star that ruled Tavia's late afternoon.

His voice was a sure as her own when he spoke, "This power is not yours to command, dear brother. Fate has chosen another. For he seeks not the strong to make them stronger, but the weak that he might rule through them. The humble that they might have care of the power which is not theirs, but only entrusted for a season to them. The unworthy for they shall respect the gifts to which they have no right."

Soji frowned. She did not recognize the voice; it was not her goddess, this she knew. But it was as powerful, as holy, as meaningful.

She was so in awe of it, pondering its meaning, its significance that she was caught unaware as his hands wrapped about her neck, choking off the very air that she breathed, trying to crush her between his fingers. His face was as red as it had been in her chamber earlier. His spirit as black.

She was never certain how it happened. It was almost as if she simply willed it. But the cold metal of his knife appeared in her hands. She felt completely at peace, as if nothing could touch her. She brought the blade up surely and swiftly, buried it deep within the chest of the man that had been her lover. His blue blood spilled down her hand and arm. Its warmth carrying his very life force as it drained from his body.

She stared calmly into his eyes that were wide with shock and fear, "I carry out the death sentence upon you that our goddess pronounced. You are nothing to me. Nothing to her. Go into the pits of nothingness, your spirit never to return." She yanked the knife from his chest with power that she would not have thought possible. She felt his blood spurt all over her, covering her face and hair. And she gloried in it. Gloried in the kill. Gloried that it was by her hand that justice had been delivered.

She smiled as she watched him slump to the floor at her feet. She could see the black cloud that was his spirit hover for a moment then a dark hole opened over it and it was sucked away. Away into the nothingness from which it came.

And she felt the power drain from her. Stars appeared behind her eyes as she collapsed against him. Into his arms.

***

"Fuck," Tam spat as he scooped her into his arms. He tossed her over his shoulder and reached for his gun but he feared he would be too late.

Then he heard the man hiss with rage as he saw the dark red stain spread across his chest. Tam smiled as he saw the young man behind his brother. His sword buried to the hilt in his flesh. He knew that the boy thought it a fatal wound and likely it would have been for one of their kind but Morian anatomy was just different enough that he knew his brother would survive this wound to fight again.

He could certainly sympathize with the younger man's sentiments though, "That is for her, you worthless piece of shat."

The young man pulled his sword from his brother's chest, heard the hissing of air whooshing into the open wound, his brother's blood mixing with the other's, covering them all. Despite his burden the boy, moved swiftly.

But not swiftly enough, his brother reached for his gun, lifted it even as he slumped to his knee and got off a single shot before collapsing. Tam braced himself as the boy stumbled, reached for him. He already carried her full weight, now he bore that of the younger man and the other woman. Even his strength was tested under such a burden.

Not for long though as the Councilor and his charge ran to their side. "Give her to me," said the older man.

The boy shook his head, "No, I carry my mistress. I..."

Mya stepped forward, "You are a fool. We have come this far. Do you want her to die now?"

"Of course not," the young man cried.

"Then give her to me," offered the man once more.

Leamus stared from one to another, then at the woman in his arms. But reluctantly he obeyed, passing her weight to him. The young priestess came to his side, wrapped his arm about her shoulders, took as much of his weight as she could. And together the bloody and wounded group made their way back to the shadows from which they had come.

***

Mya turned to look one last time upon the great hall from which they had reigned. The altar was cracked. Morian soldiers ran about the room, screaming and killing, seeking revenge for their fallen leader. Seeking them. She did what she could to slow them. She concentrated, whipping her winds about them until the candles that burned eternal on their wall mounts were extinguished. She drew the very clouds within the temple, until a thick cold fog blanketed them.

Then she felt the ground beneath her feet rumble once more. Turned to see Soji, lift her head off his shoulder. Watched as her sister fought through the haze of battle. The ground shook more surely, unlike anything she had ever felt. Until she heard the roar of stones falling upon one another. Mya peered through the haze. Watched as the great pillars that surrounded the altar collapsed inward upon it. Saw it crack and break beneath them.

Priestess, primaries and acolytes alike raced about the temple seeking a way out, though the stones gates were well and surely locked until the next rising. Mya knew that when it came there would be nothing left of this place. Nothing left of Tavia's great temple to the goddess. And perhaps nothing left of them either. Certainly nothing left of High Priestesses without a temple, forsaken by their goddess.

It was she realized Rata's dream fulfilled. She smiled sadly as she looked across at her sister cradled over the shoulder of her protector. Mya was glad that she had not witnessed it. Wished that she had not either.

"What now?" she whispered.

Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,504 Followers
12