Princess Charming Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I assure you that my interest are romantic in origin," Baldassare gave a controlled smirk, "What would his highness require to sweeten the deal for your Athanasia's hand?"

"I am not a fool to openly ally myself with you," Talus huffed with amusement, "I would risk my current allies defection."

"Than perhaps I forgo any dowry," Baldassare suggested nonchalantly, "And perhaps offer you fifty percent of my treasury."

A crooked smile erupted across King Talus's face. "You would offer me gold in exchange for her?" the king was dumbfounded, "you are either stupid or truly feel something for the princess."

"My intentions are honourable sire," He returned to his sincere tone. "My kingdom needs a strong queen. I need her or my heart will implode in despair."

"It is a deal then," Talus chuckled, "you will marry my daughter if she fails to choose."

Baldassare bowed, "thank you sire," he turned and left with a triumphant grin. He knew that the Balany king would cave at the mention of money. King Talus was just like every man he had ever dealt with, a business man. In the end the promise of gold out-weighed the safety of Princess Athanasia, Baldassare had no intention of harming the royal beauty as he needed her at full health for her duty as a married woman.

<=={======>

Athanasia and Jelena proceeded to the throne room to meet with the king. They found him pacing around his throne, "Lady Jelena, may I please have a moment alone with my daughter." Jelena curtsied and left the room. Athanasia stood tall and waited for her father to speak. He stopped pacing and huffed with frustration, "Tell me my daughter, how old are you?" his tone was one of deflated defeat.

"Three and twenty," she answered cautiously as her father began to pace again.

The king raced up to Athanasia and yelled into her face, "twenty-three years! I have tried to marry you off for the last six years!" he was livid. "You will make a choice this week or I will choose for you! By this weekend you will be a married woman."

The princess was shaking with rage, she had some idea that her father would do something like this but not to the extent that he portrayed. "If your selection of suitors had not been so abysmal over the years than maybe I would have been settled years ago," she spat back just as vehemently. "Lets face it father, if my dowry was not so big then maybe those more interested in love would be vying for my affections rather than money hungry aristocrats!"

The king laughed, "You are a daughter, your only use in all the world is to form alliances through marriage!"

She stopped, his words cutting her deeply. "So because I was born without a phallus makes me a bargaining chip in diplomatic affaires without concern for my happiness?"

He gave a sarcastic clap, "finally she gets it!"

Athanasia felt a chill shoot through her body, "Fine, I will choose a husband that will benefit 'our' kingdom," she smiled deceptively, "an advantageous match that will give my children much power."

The king slumped into his throne, "why must you fight me?" his age was beginning to show through the façade he studiously worked on each day.

"I am a person with feelings that you willingly discard for your own ends," she turned and made her way to the exit, "I swear to you father. I will choose for my heart rather than a strategic match for Balany." She left the elder king alone in the chilly throne room.

<=={======>

Would you believe that it took me two days to edit this? I do hope you liked this opening chapter and I promise there will be more soon :Þ