Prison School Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers

"I realize, Luke," Jed stated, "that you're going to be somewhat inefficient for a couple weeks, but we can live with that. Customer service is of the utmost importance here. We've lost a lot of business to places like Autozone and Advance. We need to treat our customers like they are the most important people in the world, and in reality, they are. Can you start work today?"

"Yes, sir." Luke replied.

"Great!" Jed exclaimed, "Luke, I need you to fill out this W-4 for withholding, and this form for your banking information as we do direct deposit here. Then we can get you clocked in."

"Excuse me, Jed," Luke replied, "I don't have a bank account, yet."

"That's not too big of a problem. Just get an account opened, and get this information back to me by Friday. I have to have it or you won't get paid next week. We do pay weekly, on Fridays, for the previous week. You will likely need to make a $5 or $10 dollar deposit to open an account."

"Which bank do you recommend?"

"There is a credit union down on Central Ave. I have an account there, and so do a couple of the counter men. They're really good people there, and I think you'll like them. They offer free checking and ATM for their members. They open at 8:00 AM weekdays, so you can probably take care of that before you come in tomorrow."

"Sit tight a minute, Luke, and I'll get you set up in the system, so you can clock in and out. All the terminals on the counter are touch screens, and you can clock in on any of them. Your password, for now, will be the last four of your social. OK, I got you in. Follow me."

Luke followed Jed in behind the sales counter, to one of three terminals. Two men were waiting on customers at two of them.

"OK Luke, first hit Esc, then, where it says 'clock in/out' tap with your finger, then hit 'J' and it offers 'Jones, Ricky' or 'Johnson, Luke' so press "Johnson, now it asks for password, put in the last four of your social, Enter. Now it says 'You have Clocked In Successfully" press Esc to exit, then press on POS which returns it to Point of Sale."

Jed, directing his attention to the other two men, "Lee, Ryan, this is our new delivery driver, Luke. He is clocked in, so you guys can now accept delivery orders."

Lee and Ryan both shook Luke's hand, Ryan said, smiling, "Welcome aboard, Luke, We've been needing you for a while. I hate telling customers we can't deliver."

Both of the phone lines rang, Lee took one and Ryan took the other. Lee's customer was quick. "We'll have it down to you in about 10 minutes, Ben." Lee said, and the printer spit out the receipt. Ryan finished his call, and the printer spit out another ticket.

"Your first delivery is pretty easy, Luke," Lee said, handing the ticket to Luke. "Triple A Transmission needs 2 cases of ATF, and they're just about four blocks down the street on the left."

Ryan disappeared down an Isle of parts, returning with a power steering pump. He double-checked the number on the box with the ticket in his hand, then handed both to Luke.

"This goes to J&B Automotive," Ryan said. "You'll probably need to use the GPS to get there, it's about 4 or 5 miles out from here.

Jed, reaching up on the wall, and picking a key off a hook, "You'll probably need this key, and when you park the van at the end of the day, please remember to replace the key here. Also, get all tickets signed and bring the white copy's back, and drop them," pointing, "into this basket."

By 5:00 PM Luke had made quite a few deliveries to several shops around town. He had delivered several sets of brake pads and shoes, a couple of batteries, some fan belts, light bulbs, mufflers and tail pipes, and other miscellaneous items.

"It'll get better Luke," Jed stated, "In a couple of weeks you'll know your way around town much better, and where our customers are located. You won't need the GPS much after that. I'm pleased with your performance on your first day here. You can go ahead and clock out, and I'll see you at 9:00 AM."

"Thanks, Jed," Luke responded, "I think I'm going to like it here. I'll see you in the morning." Luke clocked out, walked out to the Cavalier, and drove toward home.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Mike and Troy are opening this Monday morning, and are scheduled to open every morning through Friday.

"Are you OK Mike?" Troy questioned, "You don't seem to be yourself today, it's like you're on edge. Buddy, talk to me."

"I'm sorry Troy, it's just—you know Luke got released Saturday. Then Sunday, he called my Dad, while they were here visiting me, and said his father was kicking him out of the house. My parent's were to rescue him Sunday evening, last night, and take him home with them."

"I'm just deeply concerned." Mike continued, "I have no way to contact either Luke or my parents. I hope everything went smoothly. I just wish I knew. I hope one of them writes me soon, so I can breathe more easily! I think I'd rather die, than to see my baby hurting. I love him so much."

Troy stepped over to Mike and threw his arms around him, hugging Mike closely.

"I would hope," Troy said, "That you would consider me one of your closest friends. I've got broad shoulders, if you need one, use it. When my friend hurts, I hurt. I'm here for you, Mike."

"Thanks Troy, that means a lot to me, and I might just take you up on that offer."

The trainers and trainees were all coming in for breakfast. Mike watched, as Ivan, Darin and Bryan came through the line, with Luke so obviously missing from the Carpentry Group. The three sat together at a table.

"Now we're down to three," Ivan stated, "and in five more weeks, it will be just you two. I hope we can get the renovations done before I leave. You do realize, don't you, that we are starting the renovation on Dorm One today. We should easily finish it by the weeks end."

"What, exactly," Darin asked, "are we doing with Dorm One?"

"We'll be constructing a 'Z' shaped partition in the hallway, between the rec room, the sleeping area, and the shower and bath rooms." Ivan explained. "It will allow the young dudes to have access to the rec room, but partition off the rest of the dorm, where they will not be allowed to go. If they need a bathroom, they will need to go to Dorm Two."

"Why don't they just confine the young guys to Dorm two?" Bryan questioned. "They would then have their own rec room."

"Because," Ivan explained, "The renovations in Dorm two, is going to mostly eliminate the rec room. Part of it is going to be retrofitted into a computer lab, so they can get schooled and work on their GED's or other training courses."

"No more watching TV or shooting pool in the nude. Speaking of pool, no more skinny dipping either. We are going to construct changing rooms outside the swimming pool and swimming trunks will be required. They are trying to eliminate the possibility of these youngsters maybe seeing adult men naked, and vise verse."

"We actually will still need to go out to the work site today," Ivan commented, "For just a half day. Mainly, because we need to get our tools. We'll start the renovations after lunch."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

When Luke arrived at the house it was about 5:15 PM. Mom was in the process of cooking dinner, and the aroma was enough to make any working man hungry.

"Hi Luke," Mom said, cheerfully. "How did your day go?"

"Decent, actually much better than I expected." Luke answered. "I not only have a job, but I also started work today. What time does Dad usually get home?"

"Normally about 6:00 PM. So where are you working?"

"NAPA Auto Parts," Luke replied, "Delivering, and I use the company van."

"I didn't realize they delivered pizza," Mom said, grinning.

"They don't," Luke chuckled. "Do I have time to catch a shower before dinner?"

"You should have. I need to warn you though, you'd better close the bedroom door, Buddy has been known to jump into the shower with you, otherwise."

Luke thanked her for the warning, went upstairs to their (Mike's and Luke's) bedroom and showered. It seemed strange, showering alone, as he was used to showering with Mike. It's quite convenient, having a bathroom connected to the bedroom. He finished his shower, dried off, and put on clean clothing, and headed back down to the kitchen.

"NAPA huh?" Dad said, "So how did that come about?"

Luke told him the whole story, about stopping at Papa Johns, then seeing the marquis at the NAPA store, applying, and getting hired on the spot. Luke also told Dad he needed to get a bank account ASAP for the direct deposits, and Jed had recommended the credit union. Dad agreed with that choice.

"Luke," Mom asked, "are there any particular foods that you are really fond of or particularly dislike? It would help to know, when I go grocery shopping."

Luke, pondering, "Not really, Mom, I'll eat almost anything. It would be good to have some cold cuts around, and I could make a couple sandwiches to carry to work with me. If we have eggs and toast around, I like them for breakfast, and that is one of the few things I can actually cook."

"I have a feeling," Dad commented, "that in yours and Mike's home, Mike will be doing most of the cooking, as he is training in culinary arts."

"You're probably right, and I guess I'll have to clean up after him. I don't have to be to work until 9:00 AM, but I need to leave a little earlier tomorrow, as I want to go by the credit union before work, and open an account. Dad, I hate to ask, but I've been told I will need a few dollars to open an account, if I could borrow some, I'll pay you back after I get my first pay."

"Not a problem, Luke," Dad responded, going to the desk in the living room, and retrieving his checkbook. He wrote out a check for $150 to 'Luke Johnson', and handed it to Luke.

"That check is against my account at the credit union. They will cash it immediately, with your proper ID of course. I'd recommend cashing it, and using what you need to open the account, and keep the rest for whatever you need. It will take them a few days to get your debit card mailed to you. Also, you likely won't have a payday for a couple of weeks."

"Mom, I need a couple of favors from you, also. Nearly all my clothes that I brought from my old home need to be laundered. I am just asking if I may use the washer and dryer, I don't expect you to do my laundry."

"Sure, Luke," Mom replied. "The washing soap, bleach, and dryer sheets are all in the cupboard over the dryer. Just help yourself whenever you need them. Luke, will you please pull those three bowls of salad out of the fridge, and those 4 or 5 bottles of dressing."

Luke did so, and placed them on the table. Mom then drained the pasta, and distributed it between 3 spaghetti plates, and drenched them with deliciously smelling sauce and meatballs. She then pulled some garlic bread out of the toaster oven and placed it on the table. Dinner was served.

"Just one more small favor," Luke said, "I know how Mike is, and I'm pretty certain he's is worried sick about us. I need to write him, and let him know how everything is going. Do you have what I need to send him a letter?"

"I surely do, I'll give them to you after dinner." Mom said, "I'll give you some extra stamps to enclose, I think he may be out of them."

They all finished dinner, Mom cleared the table, and got the paper, envelopes and stamps and placed them on the table for Luke to use. He immediately started writing the letter, planning to mail it Tuesday morning on his way to the credit union and work.

Generally speaking, the week went pretty smoothly. Luke opened the account at the credit union Tuesday morning, and finished filling out the form to give to Jed. NAPA has quite a few customers that sometimes get 3 or 4 deliveries in a single day. By Friday, Luke was only using the GPS once or twice a day.

Saturday was a little different. Luke had set his phone alarm to wake him at 7:00 AM, as he needed to be at work at 8:00 instead of 9:00. Mom and Dad were still asleep when Luke left the house, stopping by Bojangles and grabbing a couple of sausage and egg biscuits for breakfast and a coffee to go.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

W7 – Thursday afternoon

Sean walked into the kitchen area and handed Mike an envelope. Mike immediately looked at the return address, Luke's name but with his own home address. He was already feeling better. He knew, just from that little fact, that his parents had, in fact, rescued his lover. Mike can breathe now.

**** The letter ****

My Dearest Mike,

Baby, I can't begin to tell you how awesome your parents are, and how welcome they have made me feel. Your father gained my utmost respect when he put my old man in his place, Sunday evening when they rescued me. My old man referred to both of us as faggots, and then your Dad put him down, big time, and we left.

We stopped for dinner at a Cracker Barrel, and had our first meal together as family. When we got home, Mom let Buddy out, and he ran up to me, and I almost pissed my pants. It felt so good to sleep in your bed, and Buddy slept with me. I wrapped my arm around him, imagining it was you, and we fell asleep. But we didn't kiss or have sex. It was actually quite comforting to have Buddy on the bed with me.

Today I used your car to go and try to get a job. After getting an application for Papa Johns, I spotted a marquis at NAPA that said they were looking for a delivery person. I applied, they interviewed me and hired me on the spot. It's a little rough right now, as I don't know the area, and I have to use the GPS a lot. I drive the company van. I like the work though, and Jed, the manager, said he was pleased with my work for the first day.

Baby, even as well as your parents have treated and accepted me, I am still missing you in a huge way. I feel like half of me is missing, and I am counting the days until you are here with me. I hope you are doing OK. You know, I hope, that I love you very much.

Eternally yours, Luke

PS – Mom sent you stamps, hint, hint.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Troy, looking at Mike, "Was that letter good news?"

"Yes!" Mike exclaimed, smiling, "I can breathe easier now cause I know my baby is safe. He even got a job, delivering car parts for NAPA, and started Monday." Then, chuckling, "My Siberian Husky might have abandoned me though, he is sleeping with Luke now."

"I know you're relieved now, Mike, it'll be good to have you back with us."

"Thanks Troy, I think I'd like to be Buddy now, so I could be sleeping with Luke. I'm feeling just a tad jealous of my dog. I miss Luke terribly."

The way Vern had set up the schedule, for the weekdays, Mike and Troy were opening, serving breakfast and preparing lunch. Stephen comes in about 11:30 AM to help serve lunch, and help with prepping dinner and serving it. Vern and Jeremy come in about 2:00 to help with dinner prep, and will clean up and close after dinner.

W-7 Friday afternoon, shortly after 2:00 PM Sean entered the kitchen

"I'm glad I caught all of you here," Sean stated, "I have some important information for you guys from Ruben. As some of you may be aware, the renovations in Dorm One are complete now. Ruben wants all the CA group to relocate to the first 5 beds in Dorm One, to make it easier for the Security Guard to wake you in the mornings."

"Vern, Mike and Troy will need to move from Dorm 2 to Dorm 1, Jeremy and Stephen just need to relocate to different beds." Sean, pen in hand, "So what are yawls preferences? So I can change the bed assignments."

The five CA guys had a discussion, then Mike took over as spokesman.

"Vern selected Bed #1, I'll take #2, Troy wants #3, Stephen will take #4 and Jeremy wants #5." Mike stated.

"Gotcha." Sean confirmed. "We are asking you all to make the move on Sunday, so by Monday morning you will already be relocated. Thanks guys." Then added, "By the way, you guys moving from Dorm 2 can leave your old linens and pillows there, and I will issue you fresh ones from Dorm 1 on Sunday."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

About 10:00 AM Mom was fixing a batch of potato salad in the kitchen when Jerry knocked at the back door, Buddy ran to the door wagging his tail and getting excited.

"Come on in Jerry," Mom said, cheerfully.

"Hi Buddy, Is Mike back home?" Jerry asked, bending over to give Buddy some loving. "I've noticed his car is gone quite often."

"No, Jerry, he's still got another four months to go. His boyfriend, Luke, is staying with us though, and is using his car.

"Mike's got a boyfriend?" Jerry smiled. "How did that happen, when Mike was in prison?"

"Actually, they met and became friends in the pen, then after both of them transferred to prison school, they just got—well, a lot closer. It seems pretty serious."

"So how did Luke end up living here, with you?" Jerry asked.

"Luke was imprisoned on a trumped up charge, and he got released last Saturday, free and no felony. Anna continued, "We visited Mike at the school last Sunday, and Luke called George's cell phone while we were there and asked to speak to Mike."

"Luke's father was kicking him out of the house, and wanted him out by midnight. When Mike told us, we really had no choice but to go to Luke's house and rescue him."

"Just because Luke is gay?" Jerry responded. Anna nodded and Jerry shook his head. "How can—parents like that don't deserve the title. I can't imagine kicking my child out because they might be gay! So where is Luke now?"

"Working, delivering parts for NAPA. He should be getting off at noon. Would you like to hang around and meet him?"

"I've got some things to take care of, maybe later."

"Jerry, we're planning BBQ for later this afternoon, why don't you come back and join us, and meet Luke. I think you will like him."

"Thank you Mrs. Hamlin, I'd like that." Grinning, "I would like to meet the dude that stole Mike's heart. What time?"

"Probably about 3:00, we'll probably eat around 4:00ish."

"Cool, I'll be back about 3:00, and thanks for the invite. It'll be a little like the old days."

Luke had a pretty decent Saturday morning. Many of the regular customers are closed on Saturday, but he still had quite a few deliveries, and was able to clock out at noon. Luke drove in about 12:15 and walked into the house.

"Man, I'm starved," Luke exclaimed.

"There are some cold cuts in the fridge, Luke," Mom said, "But don't eat too much, we've got BBQ chicken fixin' for dinner a little later. And Jerry's coming by to eat with us. He stopped by this morning, first time we've seen him since Mike—got arrested. He wants to meet you."

"Who is Jerry?"

"Mike's best friend. Jerry and Mike pretty much grew up together. They were best friends since they were about 6 or 7 years old, and were close until Mike got arrested. I think you will like him."

"I hope so, does he know about Mike and me?"

"Yes, and he is cool with it. He's always known Mike was gay, but that never interfered with their friendship."

"It's warm today, I wish I had some shorts!"

"You don't have any?" Mom questioned.

"My father always said only sissies wear shorts, and I was never allowed to wear them. I might buy a couple pair after I get paid."

"Check out Mike's drawers," Mom said, "I'm sure he has at least 8 or 10 pairs, and I think they will fit you too."

Luke finished off a ham sandwich, and then went up to their bedroom and started to look through Mike's drawers. He found the right drawer, and pulled out a pair of camouflage shorts, and tried them on. Mom was right. They fit just fine.

Donning a rock star T-shirt, Luke headed back downstairs. He got a glass of iced tea from the fridge and headed out the back door where Dad was firing up the charcoal grill.

Dad, quickly covering his eyes with his arm, "You trying to blind me with those bright white legs? You need some sun, son!" Dad chuckled.

o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers