Prize Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
tenicka
tenicka
61 Followers

And so it was just the three of us running for a while. I could hear cheers ahead though; we were coming upon the end. It was at this point that my sister purposely shoved my arm hard, before we got out in the open for all to see, and sent me careening into a dead tree. I knew the moment my foot tangled in the fallen log I had lost the race. Not only did I fall and watch her run forward to win the race, grinning evilly, but my leg was injured as I slid. When I recovered enough to stand, I saw the leg from my knee to the top of my ankle was a bloody mess. Frowning under my mask, I sighed and began to limp toward the finish line, wanting to at least finish that much. One of the girls from the very back stopped when she saw my leg and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, letting me limp with her to the end where we tied for last place. It was humiliating to know my sister had won by cheating, but then again, with the powder I had no right to complain. I kept my mouth shut as the shaman doctored up my leg, stopping the bleeding at least.

When it came time to the last event that afternoon, I wondered if they would even let me compete with my leg so badly injured. The queen stared at it and shook her head, making my heart sink. She looked at me in the eye and I felt my heart flutter -- she knew who I was -- and said, "Do you want to continue this last trail, sister? You are given the option to decline gracefully, still a winner. I nodded with force and was allowed to compete.

But when I saw the task set before me, I blanched. It would be a fight between my sister and I on a tiny float in the middle of the Gengni river. The river was teaming with crocodiles and I panicked knowing they would smell my leg and it would be impossible to fight them off of the floating raft that we would fight upon.

My sister was cocky and told the crowds around us, "This girl is hiding her face because she knows she cannot win. I shall be victorious!" She raised her hands high and many, many women cheered at her strong words and motions. I could not stand to think about how death would come swiftly for me. I had no chance! But then I felt the powder strengthen me and sighed. I had to at least try. I glanced to the center of the village, but was unable to see Willhulm in his cage, wondering if he were dreading the outcome. It made me all the more determined not to let my wicked sister's hands upon him and so I stepped upon the floating raft, attempting to let the powder find my footing for me. My sister jumped upon the raft, cocky and sure, and began to rock it to and fro as they pushed it out into the rapids.

It was all I could do to keep the raft afloat and me ontop as I lifted the sword I had been given and blocking attack after attack that my sister sent my way. When she got wise and saw my leg, she began to attempt to bring it more injury, and it took every single ounce of strength and stamina I had to keep her away from it and not cut or kill me. She would push and attempt to throw me into the water, but I did not let her. The black forms of crocodiles, smelling my leg, began to surface and the fear was almost overwhelming as she and I danced with our blades. We were not too far from the shore and I could hear the Valkyries chanting my sister's name, which encouraged her. I knew I had lost. I had no way of beating my sister. But the only thing that saved me was Willhulm's face in my mind. I wanted to save him from my sister. But most of all, I wanted to know his touch on my skin. I remembered him holding my hand and the warmth and feeling that came from it and it was better than any powder or tonic or support from my sisters on shore. I swung viciously and furiously until my sister was pushed to the very edge of the raft.

As a crocodile charged upon the raft, becoming bold in his hunger, I lost my balance and fell over the side, grasping onto the raft before falling into the water.

As I managed to pull myself out, I saw my sister was also hanging on the side now, but she was fighting with the crocodile, swinging her sword at it to hold it off. I ran to her, sliding my blade in its side, which caused it to fall, bleeding into the water. The injured crocodile was soon preyed upon by his fellow reptiles, leaving my sister and I alone. Despite the fact that I wanted to kill her, I pushed my sword to her neck and held it there until she glared up at me.

"What are you waiting for? Do it!" She snarled, her eyes red with exertion and anger. But I shook my head.

"I am not a killer." I said so softly that she could not hear. My mother called out to us, making motions to her guards beside her.

"Well done, masked one. You have won the Tourney. You have won the male. We shall pull you in." And I nearly slipped as they yanked on the rope to drag us back to shore, but mostly from shock. I had won? I had won!

To Be Continued...

tenicka
tenicka
61 Followers
12