Promise Kept

Story Info
Husband is blindsided by wife's actions.
5.5k words
4.19
252.9k
118
60
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MrRobbur
MrRobbur
1,336 Followers

This is a short flash story with no sex, just its aftermath. This story is only fiction. That means I made it up. All characters are not real, I made them up also. No words were hurt in the writing of this tale. Practice safe sex and enjoy the story.

*****

As the sun came beaming into my bedroom window this morning, I saw my wife getting dressed and ready for work. She smiled at me when she saw I was awake and looking at her.

"Better get up soon lazy head or you will be late for work!" she said with a smile and a tug on the covers. I pulled her down on me hugging her and kissing her all over her face. She giggled and said she needed to get ready as she pulled away and got back up to dress.

"Boy your memory is not that great lately Deb, I am going to bring in the car today for the transmission work. There goes another $2000 on that foreign ride you like." I replied with a sad grin. She had to buy an expensive German car. The real expense was trying to do car repairs without spending a whole paycheck and then some on it.

My wife Debbie was beautiful and I was lucky to have her. She was a true blond with a beauty and grace in her looks and manor. She also had a killer body and breasts to match. I know many men have tried to hit on her, even right in front of me sometimes, but she seemed to have eyes only for me. I never really had to worry about Deb's fidelity because I thought it was understood between us, no cheating.

She blew me a kiss as she ran out the door to get to work on time. As she left I just had to smile knowing she was my love and my life. You couldn't pry the smile from my face that morning.

Later that morning I found I would not smile for a long time after that day.

Sometime you just can't avoid a shit storm and it was headed right at me. I didn't start it, cause it or even know it was coming until that very morning. This is what happened after that beautiful morning day and why my disposition had so radically changed.

It was about 9:30am when I got back to the house. The car dealership gave me a ride back home in one of their courtesy cars. I thought the only real courtesy was to not take all my money, just most of it. I now realized why I like American cars so much.

Well I was just getting ready to make some coffee and the phone rang. I missed it before I could get it so I waited to see if they left a message. After a minute I saw the message light blink red. I pushed play and my whole world started to collapse.

"Michael this is Tonya Fielding and I just wanted to say I am sorry for you and if you need anything please stop by or call, ANYTIME! And I mean it. Love you Michael and stay strong!"

The message stopped and I saw the light still blinking meaning I had more messages. It was Tonya Fielding from my church. She was a very close friend of my mother and it was a very weird message. What the hell was she talking about? I was wondering that as I hit the 'play all messages' button by habit.

The next twenty messages were from old friends, neighbors and even my old track coach Mr. Slater believe it or not. His message made it all clear. He was never one to beat around the bush.

"Tell that bitch of a wife she is not welcome in this town. I hope the whole town tar and feather her. That would be almost to kind for the likes of her. Michael gave me a call and let's talk soon son. Be strong boy and remember you still have good friends in this town. Oh and if you drop the worthless cunt my niece Mary is available and she is beautiful too. I know you will like her, later Mike."

Well I was really worried now. What the fuck is going on around here. Just then I heard my car pull in the driveway in a hurry and skid to a stop. I gave Deb my car for the day and took hers in for repair. I could hear her coming up the walkway very fast with her heels clicking on the brick stone path that leads to the front door.

Two seconds later she comes in carrying a 2' by 4' poster but would not show it to me. She was just waving it and screaming at the top of her lungs.

"HOW could you do this to me Michael, I thought you loved me? This is the lowest thing anyone has ever done to me. Tell me why you did it? TELL ME?!?!? Couldn't we just talk about this instead of the shit you just pulled on me? They were all over my work building!!" She was livid and I didn't know that the hell was going on.

"Deb I don't know what you talking about but I just got some really strange and disturbing calls on our answering machine." I answered back.

"Don't change the subject damn it! Why did you do this?" she asked me again this time I saw part of the poster she was waving around. I jumped towards her faster then she realized and I grabbed the poster from her hands and just looked at it. Time seemed to stand still.

"What is this Deb?" I asked her with my hands shaking. The poster had several pictures of my wife in various sexual positions with her boss.

"Why are you on a poster fucking your boss from work DEBRA?" I only called her that once when I was really mad at her when we first got married. It was a huge fight and I promised her I would never call her by her given name but by Deb or Debbie. She said I can only call her that because it sounded like I was yelling at her when I used her full name. I don't think the use of her full name was lost on her and her eyes opened wide in fear.

" Why is our wedding picture on it with both our faces?" I asked her. It spelled out Debra's full name, address, cell number and work numbers. The poster also gave the same info for Mr. Paul Perdue, Debra's boss at work. At the bottom it requested to call me for support in this tough time, and there was my name, address, home phone and cell phone. It said 'Tell Michael he still has friends in the community and show your support to this faithful husband who was wronged by a cheating wife.' It also requested that you call the main number of Debra's office to complain about her and Mr. Perdue's sordid behavior.

I just looked at her for the first time in my life with no love in my heart. It was snapped in two as soon as I saw the picture. "So how long has this been going on DEBRA? Don't I do it for you anymore DEBRA? Was I not home enough DEBRA? Was he bigger than me DEBRA? Was he better in bed then me DEBRA? What the fuck is wrong with you? I love you with all my heart and soul and you treat me like this?"

"So how long has this been going on DEBRA? Well, HOW LONG?" I shouted at her. She looked confused but rounded up the wagon trains for the fight.

"Stop the pretend nonsense, only you could get our wedding picture and know my cell number listed on that poster. Only a handful of close relatives and friends have my cell number. Try to explain away that one asshole!" she finished.

I just stood there staring at the person who I thought was my wife. Who the fuck this person was in front of me I had no idea. The confused look on my face must have made her hesitate for a second. I was never much of a poker player and I could never bluff.

"On my Mother's grave I did not make or put up that poster Deb." She looked in terror as she realized I knew nothing about whatever the fuck was happening. When I promised on my mom's grave she knew I was telling her the truth. She collapsed in the chair crying and her shoulders fell.

"So DEBRA, how long has this been going on? You never gave me an answer." I asked right to her face. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and started to talk.

"I am so sorry Michael it was just a small fling and it meant nothing to me. I only saw him once and that was it. It must have been the same time someone took pictures of us together. I had no idea someone took pictures. I never wanted to hurt you. I would . . ." She tried to tell more but the doorbell rang and I just went to the door by habit. I was going to tell any well-wishers on my part to stay out of my business until I figure out what the fuck was going on in my life.

I opened the door and there was my sister Carol. I felt like crap and didn't need family around feeling sorry for me until I straightened everything out. "Carol it's a bad time right now can you come back tomorrow?" I asked her.

"NO. Just open the door and I will fill you in. I know more than you and you need answers." She said as she pushed her way in. She was carrying a few of the same type posters Debra just brought in earlier.

"Well if it isn't the whore from Babylon in person." She said looking at Debra at the dining room table when she walked in the house.

"What is that supposed to mean Carol? I thought we were friends? You can't just come in my house and call me names BITCH!" Debra answered back.

I saw a spark in my sister's eye I have never seen. It scared me totally. I was even afraid of her and she was my sister.

"Tell you what BITCH, let's air all your dirty laundry and see who the BITCH really is." She said to Debra and I could see she was afraid, very afraid.

"First lets go into the den were your TV set-up is Michael because I need to play a DVD for you." She looked at me and was reading my mind. "Don't worry Michael it is not Debra acting like a slut with any men. Though I have all of that documented." As carol said this, my head snapped towards my wife. She was looking down at the ground and wouldn't look me in the eye.

"It is actually much sadder video than that. It does concern her though" Carol said as she pointed to Debra. Debra looked up for a second when her name was mentioned but dropped her head in shame again.

Debra suddenly got up to leave and said she didn't need any of this shit. As she got up to leave the house I stood in front of her. "If I have to I will break both your legs if you try and leave now. I need answers and it looks like my sister has it covered. Get in the den NOW!!" was all I said. Debra knew I was the most pissed off she has ever seen me. She even recoiled when I made my threat. "Don't even go to the bathroom right now!"

We all walked into the den with Carol literally pushing Debra through the room and onto the sofa.

"Michael before I start I need to tell you something. First let me ask you a question. Do you remember the day Mom died?" Carol asked me sadly.

Well my face fell and I looked instantly sad also. The memories of my Mom dying were still raw even after almost one year later. Combined with my new news about my cheating wife I was crushed. I remember missing Mom by 15 minutes to say goodbye when she passed away that day. It still bothered me to this day. I just nodded.

"Well Michael Mom made me promise on her death bed to take care of you. Well that is not all but you will see. I got there that day about 1:30pm. Mom called me and said she needed to talk to me real bad. I could tell she was upset and not feeling good just by her voice. She then said never mind and told me she would tell me tomorrow. I of course left work and went to her house instantly. I am glad I did too. She told me... well let's just see the disc, it will explain a lot." She finished.

Carol went in her purse and pulled out a DVD disc. "Michael the only reason I am showing you this now is because Mom and Debra made a promise to each other the day she died."

"What promise did you make to my MOM, DEBRA? Well what was it?" I asked her but she said nothing.

"Just push play and watch the tape. Then you will understand everything Michael." Carol instructed me. I did it and the screen came alive with my Mom's old bedroom. She was in bed with the covers pulled up and she looked like hell. She was white as a ghost and sweating. Her eyes were all over the room and she looked the saddest I ever saw her, even sadder then when Dad passed away 6 years earlier from cancer.

I saw the camera move and finally settle on the big dresser across from the bed. This angle let me look at the bed with my Mom and Carol talking. This is what was said:

"Carol you sure it is recording? I don't know much about all that electronic stuff but this is important"

"Mom it is fine, just relax and try to stay calm ok." Carol said trying to get her to calm down. "Now just tell me what is bothering you and I will help."

"Well I went to the new restaurant today Danella's on Fifth St. All the ladies from my Card Club wanted to go so we broke the bank on our club kitty and went in first class style. I was having a great time and needed to go to the bathroom. My medicine alert went off and I needed to take my medication. It was a huge place so I went walking around till I found the ladies room.

After I came out I started to go back to my table to cut one of my heart pills but something caught my eye. I did a double take to see if I was just seeing things or it was real. There at another table was Debbie, Michael's Debbie with another man. He was very tall with a mustache and an expensive suit. They were kissing and he was turning one of her nipples like it was a radio knob. Well she was all smiles and giggling while they played kissy face. I was just beside myself. I didn't know what to do.

I knew Michael would be crushed if he found out. I lost all respect for Debbie right there and then. I walked up to the table to talk to her but with every step I got more and more angry. By the time I reached their table I did a terrible thing..." she just let the word hang and Carol asked what she did.

"I slapped that bitch in the face as hard as I could. I was aiming for both their faces but the guy ducked out of instinct when he saw my arm start to swing. Debbie wasn't so lucky. I connected and I heard her head snap back and to the side. I saw the red imprint from my hand on her cheek and the look on her face said she never saw it coming. I never ever hit anyone in my life that is how angry I was."

I pushed pause on the DVD and looked at Debra. "So the day you came home with the black and blue cheek you didn't run into a door like you said but my Mom actually slapped you because she caught you cheating on me at a restaurant? WELL?" I asked her.

"Yes I am sorry" is all she could say in a small low voice.

I just shook my head, sighed and pressed play again and my Mom's voice picked right up with the story.

"Well she tried to give me a bunch of bullshit lies and crap you normally hear from a cheater who was caught. I told her to save her breath. Then I did something she wasn't expecting.

Make me a promise right now! Right Now! I yelled at her right in the restaurant. You will not break my son's heart and neither will I. If you promise to be true to my son and never cheat on him again I will forget I was ever here. I will say nothing to Michael though I would love to. He has been a great husband to you and this is how you treat him. I do not want to be the one to tell him but I will if need be.

So before you leave with your arm candy next to you, tell him and me what your promise is. And you better be quick about it.

Debbie promised with tears in her eyes to me that she would stay faithful to Michael. I told her that she already broke her promise to Michael and I don't take my promises lightly. If I ever found out she cheated on Michael again and broke her promise to me she would wish she was never born. I took her at her word but I still don't trust her.

This is where you come in Carol. I need you to... no I want you to PROMISE me if Debbie ever breaks her promise that she made to me that you show her the path to hell first hand."

"I am not sure what you mean Mom, what is it you want me to do?" Carol asked.

"First keep an eye on her, a close eye! Protect Michael if you can but if she cheats again than take care of her for good.

I want you to expose her for the slut she is. I know God will punish me for calling her names but I am still upset. I have found that cheaters like cock roaches hate the bright light. If she fails Michael and breaks her promise to me and him I want you to expose her publicly to everyone in town. I also want you to ask Michael's friends to rally around him for support. If she back slides on our promise he will feel alone and lost. I don't think that BITCH has any idea how much Michael really loves her. I think if she really knew she would have never strayed in the first place."

"OK mom, I will do as you ask." Carol answered.

"Now if she keeps her word this conversation never happened and I will take it to my grave. You must promise me you will never ever tell Michael or show him the recording unless she cheats again. Promise me Carol"

"I promise Mom" she said sadly.

"Good, oh by the way I saw you father earlier you know." As she said this my Mom had a smile as big as Texas.

"A Mom . . . Daddy died 6 years ago, you do remember?" Carol asked her.

"Yes carol I know but I slept before you arrived and he sat at the foot of the bed and told me to smile and said he was waiting for me. I love you Carol and tell Michael I love him also." She paused after this and was silent for a second. I could see tears in her eyes.

"Now if all stays the same then they will live a good life together. If she fails then I would also like you to do something for me." At this point she motioned for Carol to come closer and whispered into her ear.

Carol opened her eyes wide for a second and just shrugged her shoulders. "Ok Mom just repeat it one more time so I remember." At this point Carol leaned back down to hear her mother whisper in her ear once more.

"Mom you should really relax, I just called Michael, he is coming right now and he wants to see you." Carol told her mother a she straightened up.

"Carol I am feeling very weak honey... I just need to get some sleep. I want to dream of your father again. It makes me feel good." She ended weakly.

"I love you Carol very much! Tell Debbie to keep her promise and tell Michael I love himmmmmm. . . . " She finished quietly almost unable to hear her last word on the TV. My Mother died at that moment.

Carol took the remote from my motionless hand and pressed stop. The Carol on the screen was leaning over the lifeless body of my mother crying when the picture went dark. That was the scene when I arrived that day and it brought back a flood of memories.

I realized what the DVD meant and the promise Debra broke to me and my mother. I rounded on her and grabbed her by the arms as she sat on the couch crying.

"Look at ME! LOOK AT ME!! I yelled to her face. She looked up between her hair and her crying eyes that said she was sorry or sorry she got caught, I wasn't sure.

"You broke a promise to Mom and me. I don't think you slept with Paul Perdue only once did you? Well don't look away, answer me! Did you sleep with him again?" I asked loudly.

"Yes" is all she could say in soft voice.

Carol came back in room at that point. I didn't see her leave but she returned holding the posters she arrived with earlier.

"Here is what your unfaithful wife has been up to since her promise to Mom was broken. The detective reports, videos and pictures are in the car but I did think you wanted to see the posters I made. I took Mom's last request to heart." She said smiling.

"Your loving wife was being followed since she was at Mom's funeral a year ago. She actually was true for about 5 months. I think the incident in the restaurant with Mom got her scared. But after the funeral no one said anything and you never changed Michael so she thought she was off the hook. She thought the promise she made to a dying woman did not have to be honored.

I almost gave up the P.I. surveillance but got a funny note from the detective that last month. Debra was going to lunch with the same man for a week straight, Paul Perdue. Your precious wife thought she could break her promise to Mom as easily as she broke her promise to you.

First let me inform you she has cheated with 5 men since the day Mom died. There may be more but that is all we documented up till now. She had an extended relationship with 3 of them."

MrRobbur
MrRobbur
1,336 Followers
12