Promises, Rules and Their Breaking

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So what's all this about? Did I pass?"

Ellie took a deep breath and said, "Robbie, we're friends. That's all.

We end up in bed a lot because we both enjoy it, but we're not in love, so we must be just friends. Shh." Her finger on his lips stopped him interrupting. "I've tried monogamy -- several times -- and it hasn't worked out well for me. So I'm trying something different. I knew about B and Kelsey before I decided to go out with you. I knew B by reputation before I even met you, so I guessed one boy and one girl wasn't the norm in your life. I chose you anyway, Robbie and not to try and change anything. Now, I have to get to work and you, Darling, have guests to entertain. I'll see you later." She kissed him gently but passionately then stood up. "Don't wear him out, girls. I want him back tonight."

Ellie walked to the door quickly, before Robbie could stop her and before she changed her mind. The door clicked shut behind her. She took a few more deep breaths to calm herself as she waited for the elevator. She didn't want to change her mind... She really didn't... That was a moment of epiphany for her. She didn't need Robbie all to herself. As she stepped into the elevator she actually felt good about what she'd just done. The anxiety of her Gethsemane moment in the bathroom had all gone.

By the time she reached the foyer, she was already looking forward to Robbie's gratitude later.

'If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was'. That was the whole of the quote. Ellie mentally edited it. 'If you love someone, set him free. When he comes back to you he's yours.'