Promising Danielle Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I sat, concern clear on my face. She looked at me for a second. Watching that full second it took for her to break down into sobs was like being chained to a chair and watching an inquisitive toddler roll off of a cliff. I bore witness in that second to the utter destruction of her self-composure.

She fell against me, sobs of unfathomable sadness wracking her body. I took her in my arms, quite a pathetic offering to give someone suffering so.

"It's alright. It's alright." I cooed to her. "You're okay. You're okay." I really need to stop lying.

I stroked her hair, trying to do what little I could to stomp out her unknown suffering. She poured untold sums of tears onto my chest, allowing herself to be held and cuddled. I did what I could to sooth her aching soul, unsure what to say, if anything. For now, my reassuring touches were the best I could offer.

A solid half hour later, I had shored up enough of her broken will to allow her to sit up and not barrel into me, unloading heavy sobs unto me.

"Are you going to be OK?" I asked, my hand gently stroking her arm. She nodded. Words weren't going to be how she communicated now. All she could muster the will to express was raw emotion.

"Need me to stay with you?" I need to see a doctor. Words keep coming out of my mouth and I don't recall willing them too.

She nodded. Great, I had just agreed to sleep with a distraught woman. Always a good move. Well, might as well go for broke. That couch isn't all that comfortable.

"Come on. You'll be more comfortable in my bed." I extended my hand to her. She slipped hers in mine and allowed me to help her up. Still sniffling and wiping the occasional tear from her eye, she walked hand in hand with me to my bed. I got in first, giving her the option to return to her own bed if she wanted to, or leave when she wanted to if she chose to join me.

She climbed wearily in behind me and immediately took up residence in my arms. I pulled the covers over us and rearranged the pillows to cushion her head as well as mine. She heaved on final sigh and was nearly instantly asleep.

I could feel the poison still writhing within her, even as she slept peacefully against me. Something terrible had been visited upon her. I didn't want to know what it was; no one would want to. I knew however, that our relationship had changed that night, and in a few short hours I would be finding out all about it. That was my new role.

More to come. Any feedback is welcome. If you have any questions, let me know with a way to respond to you, and I'll do my best to answer.

12