Prowling the Night Ch. 01

Story Info
A different kind of vampire.
1.2k words
4.22
20k
4
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/10/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was agile, cunning and, most of all, Deadly. By her looks she seemed innocent enough. Her silky flowing black fur and her green eyes made her seem like she was only out for a bit of fun. But things aren't as always as they seem.

She had friends, she stayed with a local crowd that knew her, but not too well. She liked to keep secrets and she hid a life very different than what others knew her to be. When she killed her prey, she only took the blood and left the body so another scavenger could feed on it.

Her name is Sophia, she was an orphan in a lonely world. When she first became a vampire cat, She was used as a feeding point for someone who was first made a vampire. They didn't finish her off and so becoming a vampire cat. Animals have different ways of dealing with vampirism. But she stayed in the shadows nonetheless. Making sure she was out of the suns rays.

Laying in the sun was her favourite thing to do. It energized her for the hunt of birds and mice. She had killed before but always brought the still alive animal home as a prize for her owners. Now she hid from it, as it burned her. She was sad to not be able to enjoy the sun as she used to.

Night was now her domain and she liked it, Cats are nocturnal animals anyway but being a vampire has its advantages as well. She could kill in stealth or out in the open and no one could tell what she was. She still had her menu of birds and mice, and what other animal would cross her path.

She had enough for the night and she decided to take a stroll in the moonlight. At least the moonlight didn't effect her. She could stare at the moon and remember what it was like before she became a vampire.

She thought of her owners and how they treated her, Being petted, and scratched behind the ears. She loved the attention she used to get and she missed it, but she couldn't stay. She didn't want to cause them harm for all the happiness she received from them. It wasn't fair to them, so she left to roam the streets and forage for food.

She went by a butchers shop. They were closing up and she knew the owner well, he left out a treat for her. A nice raw piece of beef. Although she had already fed enough she decided that a bit of meat was good, not just the blood. So she ate it hungrily and the owner petted her. She purred loudly. She missed being petted and loved.

"Good cat. You like that, don't you?" The owner asked and Sophia purred more. "Yes, I can see you do!" the owner said and laughed. "Nice kitty. See you tomorrow." The owner said and locked the door and left for his house.

Sophia went back to walking the street again. She wanted an owner, she wanted someone to love her but she didn't know how to go about finding a vampire as an owner. She couldn't speak English, just meows and purrs. That wasn't a language that humans could understand.

Her previous owner knew what she wanted. Knew what she was feeling and knew when she was sick. Her owner took very good care of her. The sun was coming up soon so she went to find a dark place so she could rest. She decided to look for her previous owner and see if she would take her back.

She found an out of the way place to sleep. Away from any kind of sunlight. She dreamt of how it used to be. Playing in the sun and her owner playing with her with a piece of string. They were happy times. A tear came down her cheek. How she missed bring part of a family. She meowed sorrowfully.

Another cat came over to her, a grey and white tabby. He put his paw on her and she jumped.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I heard you crying. Is there anything I can do? My name is Daffy. What's yours?" He said.

"Sophia." She said quietly. "I was thinking about my previous owners. I miss them." She said

"Did they abandon you? Humans can be so inhumane." He said.

"No. I was taken and used as food, and became... what I am today." She tried to explain.

"Used as food? I don't understand." He said incredulously.

"I was used as food for a pack of vampires. The last one that fed off of me, didn't finish the job so I became one of them. I ran away and have been living on the streets every since." She explained.

"How long ago was this?" He asked.

"About a year ago. Time runs together and it's hard to keep track of." She said.

"I understand. I get that way sometimes." He said. She looked at him carefully.

"Why are you called Daffy?" She asked curiously.

"My behavior is not what most people and cats would consider normal and it showed when I was a kitten. So I was named Daffy. Daffy meaning crazy. Get it?"

"Yes, I get it now." She said and tried to settle back down to rest but didn't feel comfortable with Daffy there. She kept turning and turning around, trying to get comfortable, but she couldn't.

She finally settled down and closed her eyes. But she didn't go to sleep. She was keeping an ear out for what he was going to do next.

She heard him whimpering and breathing hard, like he was the one having the bad dream. She got concerned but let him sleep. She had enough on her mind to start worrying about another cat. She didn't know if he believed her story of being a vampire cat but she didn't care. She knew the truth and she was going to keep it that way.

As the hues of the sunset painted over the horizon, Sophia started to wake. She didn't think she had fallen asleep. She looked around and Daffy wasn't there. She breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't want him hanging around her while she roamed the streets looking for her former owner.

Being a black cat, she was camouflaged at night, so no one knew where she was and what she was doing. She kept thinking back to her previous owner. They were in sync, She knew where Sophia was and knew what she wanted. Being raised from a kitten with just one owner makes you know about each other. She smiled again as the memories kept coming back.

She knew she had to move on and try to find her again. It was her only hope of keeping her sanity. If you call being a vampire cat sanity.

She searched until before the morning light. She knew she was getting close. She could feel it, but was it enough? Would her owner be happy to see her? And would she still be there? Sophia had to find a place to rest before she carried on that night. She found an open window to a basement and went in. She hid herself somewhere safe before the suns rays had a chance to burn her.

"I will find you Master. I HAVE to!" Sophia said as she went to sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...