Prrrr, Meow

Story Info
Kitten Play a subcategory of BDSM...
1.3k words
3.94
8.6k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Justien
Justien
7 Followers

Hi,

I bought a new tail and a set of ears today (again?!)...

meow :)

I have a kink...

It's Kitten Play(roleplaying as a kitten). This is a subcategory of petplay (roleplaying as a errr... pet), which is its own subsection of the DS (Dominance/submission) part of the BDSM lifestyle.

What???

Like many things within the multifaceted world of BDSM, Kitten Play might have as much expressions as there are people that are into it. Covering all will most likely be impossible and too much for here but I'll do my best to write about the basics.

First, what It's not...

Kitten Play is not in any way related to being a furry, though there is certainly a minor crossover between the two.

The furry fandom revolves around anthropomorphic animals and it's adepts often create a fursona, or animal persona, that they use to identify with within that community. Some furries are into BDSM and some are not.

Kitten Play only exists within the BDSM lifestyle. The two things have different norms, language, looks and so on.

Kitten Play is not related to any form of bestiality.

The attraction to Kitten Play is based upon a specific dynamic and relationship style. Any pet based dynamic is about a power exchange between consenting adults. Ears, paws and tails are added for aesthetics and to signal the role of the wearer and does not stand for attraction to real animals.

Bestiality is unwelcome within the BDSM community, as it does not meet the guidelines ir rules of SSC (Safe, Sane, Consensual) or RACK (Risk-Aware Consensual Kink).

Kitten Play is not Therianthropy, though this is something else with some crossover. A Therian is someone who has a spiritual bond or attachment to an animal, sometimes even to the point of seeing themselves as having the soul or spirit of that animal.

Kitten Play is only that - play. It has no actual spiritual meaning, though a Therian may certainly find themselves drawn towards this aspect of BDSM as part of their spiritual life(style).

Kitten play is also not always something sexual. This can be confusing for those new to or unfamiliar with BDSM. Sex and BDSM certainly get along, but BDSM activities do not require sex.

BDSM is about power exchange. Some kittens(like me) will mix sex with their play and some will not.

What It Is

The most common form of Kitten Play is about a dominant Owner and a submissive kitten. It is the Owner's task to care for and train their kitten and the kitten's task to obey and please their owner. Kittens are often (not always) more spoiled and bratty than other submissive types. They tend to be playful, mischievous, and provocative. Kitten owners should have a lot of patience and a very good sense of humor!

an example:

In usual D/s play the Dom will ask something and the sub will do this task as exact as possible.

In Kitten Play (or other forms of Pet Play) If my Owner asks me to lay still so I can be looked at or I can be petted, I will lay were I should but I won't lay still. I will lay on the floor and play with something like a little toy or I will lay down and roll around and so on...

So it's just like what a real kitten would do when you ask for it to lay still.

There are different degrees of intensity within Kitten Play. For some, it will be an occasional thing to spice things up. For others, it is a 24/7 lifestyle. Some kittens wear cat ears and can get a little feisty during sex. Other kittens will crawl, utilize speech restrictions, and eat out of a pet bowl. Kitten Play exists on a spectrum, and there are so many different ways to explore!

While we're at it, let me say something about kitten space!

This is the term we use for a kitten that is in their kitten play headspace, you role play and you're in the mindset of a cat in heat, a cute innocent little kitten, a ferocious and hunting wild animal. This is a very vulnerable place to be, as kittens tend to be more in tune with their identity. They are more primal. More instinctive. This means they can be more sensitive, more emotional, and more open. Sharing that space with an Owner is an incredibly intimate thing. It can be very relaxing, therapeutic and stress relieving but like anything else in the world of bdsm it can be dangerous. While some 24/7 kittens will maintain an aspect of kitten space in their day to day lives, deep kitten space is not meant to be maintained indefinitely. Kitten space most often occurs naturally during active play.

There are many different ways to play with a kitten. When in doubt, start with the basics: feed the kitty, pet the kitty, groom the kitty, pounce. Feed your kitten out of a pet bowl or hand feed it treats in exchange for tricks(not necessarily sexual acts).

Pet and cuddle the kitty while you watch a movie or something like that. Run a brush gently through the kittens hair. Get out the laser pointer, a ball with a bell inside, or a wand toy for a game of pounce. All of these activities can help strengthen a kitten's role.

Variations

I said earlier that Kitten Play has almost as many expressions as there are people that are into it? Well I'm going to talk about some of that.

While in the above section I have said a lot about common kitten play expression, there is no actual rule book. There's no One True Way.

And everyone's journey and experience is bound to be different.

Some kittens, for example, might be switches or dominants. Though kittens are by tradition submissive, how often do you hear that humans are owned by their cats? Or that cats remember being worshipped as gods (and act like it)? Yep. In some dynamics, the kitten is the one calling the shots, and their human is the submissive...

Some kittens even don't want an owner at all. Not everyone interested in power exchange is looking for a full time relationship. Some kittens are more interested in casual play partners than submitting to an official Owner. These cats are called ferals. This is to contrast with a stray, who is an unowned kitten looking to be owned, and a foster, which is a term I made up to reference a stray that is currently being trained or considered.

Gear

Like many things in the bsdm lifestyle, there could be a need for kitten gear.

Ears are the most common gear kittens have. There are a wide variety of kitten ears. Ranging from super realistic to cute fluffy bright colored ones. Some come in foam others are made of metal.

And if you're like me, you can't have enough of them.

Like ears, tails come also in a wide variety of different shapes, sizes and materials. You can find tails that can be bound around the waist and even tails that have a butt plug.

Paws are something I personally don't use or have. I think they are probably fun to use but my personal opinion is that they would restrict my play.

other than these, you can find loads of other stuff like caps for you teeth and such but like paws, I have no use for that...

but...

collars...

That's something special. Collars, in my humble opinion are something you would have to deserve. I have two collars, both deserved and given by my previous Owners. I like them, I still cherish them but I don't wear them anymore. Receiving a collar is like receiving a sign for commitment, trust and respect for each other and is something that has to be taken seriously.

Kitten Play can be immensely diverse! At the end of it all, the most important aspect of Kitten Play is identity.

Anyone that identifies with the lifestyle, whether as an occasional indulgence or a 24/7 commitment, should feel empowered to find their own path and their own meaning.

That being said, I have found a cozy cardboard box and it is begging for me to sit in it.

prrrrrrrrr

Justien
Justien
7 Followers