Public Static Void

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Living conditions were so packed that many residents referred to it as the Hive, but it was still better than living in the camps run by what remained of the United Nations. And it was the first time he'd seen people walking around without filtration masks on, had clear tap-water or picked food out at a grocery store instead of a ration line.

Hive members like Rayce who showed an aptitude for particular fields were often chosen to live in an Arcology, where resources and housing were more plentiful. But these corporate mega-cities were far from paradises. Employees who didn't comply with their rules or meet career standards were transferred to a facility for what they called Community Service, but was usually medical testing. Workers couldn't even chose what happened to them after they died- they were all sent to the Reclamation Center for materials to make more skindolls.

Which was what happened to Joules.

After that, Rayce didn't renew his ten-year contract and he left IllumiGen's Arcology- the IllumiNation- to live in Phantasy City, an adult-only sovereignty where vice ruled. Gambling, prostitution, drugs, violence- nothing was off-limits. Surprisingly enough, it had a lower murder rate than cities like the Haven, where even alcohol and tobacco were illegal.

For a while, Rayce thrived in Phantasy, mainly because he'd figured out how to modify his stimulator-simulator implant so he could interface with a doll to control its motor functions and speech. Most skindolls had lax security around their sensory cortex, so he was able to hack into most any doll and use them like a puppet to spy, steal or kill for him.

But the scheme wasn't without any danger. Even when using Vicarion as intended (typically to jack-in to cyber-brothels and virtual resorts) you could end up with visual burn-in, nerve damage, impaired proprioception, and even brain death. Add to that the potential danger of nasty ICE and it could be a suicide mission.

Eventually Rayce's luck ran out when he picked an android with corporate-grade ICE blocks that ended up putting him in a coma for several weeks. After he recovered, Rayce found he could no longer use Vicarion without getting a debilitating headache that felt like hot knives stabbing his temples. It didn't take long before he was in debt with every drug dealer in the city.

Which was one of the main reasons he now found himself with a lethal tattoo on a small rickety craft that seemed more like a bus with wings than an actual plane.

During the three-and-a-half hour flight, Rayce drank five gin and tonics, popped two benzodiazepines and considered taking another NeuroStim even though he was still on the shoulder of a potent high. After they'd landed, he had to activate his internal biofilter's alcohol enzyme neutralizing and GABA repressing functions so he could see straight enough to disembark.

The Aptera Phantom he'd rented was capacious enough for him to lean back with his legs stretched out fully and soon the windows were blackened, AC blowing frigid air and speakers blasting feedback metal. When Rayce entered his destination on the onboard navigator, a prompt opened on the dash screen to present a valid permit before traveling into the Unincorporated Zone so he held up his hand to have the QR code scanned. If not for the visual confirmation that the vehicle was on route to the Freedome, he wouldn't have known it was moving.

As Rayce's eyes traced the red line on the map that terminated at a round structure labeled The North American Federation Habitat (the Freedome's official name), he deliberated over the best way to approach what could be the trickiest part of the whole operation- getting help from Ada Lovelace. To say he'd left on bad terms would be putting it mildly. 'Burned a bridge down to ash' would only be slightly more accurate. He wasn't naive to think that time could heal all wounds, but he hoped it would at least help them scab over enough to hear him out. His life literally depended on it.

Once he'd established a connection to the NAFH network, Rayce opened a chatpane, found Ada's handle in the index of available users, and sent a message.

S3C0ND_CH4NC3: I'm surprised you haven't blocked me, Love.

For a few tense moments, Rayce thought he might have spoken too soon, but then a reply flashed across his optical readout.

L0\/3L4C3: Me too. And even more surprised that you're contacting me again. Was 'eat shit and die' not clear enough for you?

Rayce grinned.

S3C0ND_CH4NC3: I thought you were being hyperbolic.

L0\/3L4C3: If anything I was being too subtle. I should have put a bullet in your head.

S3C0ND_CH4NC3: Now you're just flirting...

L0\/3L4C3: What do you want?

S3C0ND_CH4NC3: I have a business proposal.

L0\/3L4C3: You mean you need my help?

S3C0ND_CH4NC3: Yes, but I don't expect it for free.

L0\/3L4C3: And what could you have that I'd be interested in?

S3C0ND_CH4NC3: A generous finder's fee and the chance to liberate cybernetic citizens before they're sold into servitude.

L0\/3L4C3: I assume you need entry codes and a backdoor to the blackmarket?

S3C0ND_CH4NC3: Bingo. Is that a yes then?

L0\/3L4C3: According to your navigation system, you're due to arrive in an hour. I'll send you the code then. I'm giving you a second chance, Rayce, so don't make me regret it.

***

The North East gate of the Freedome was controlled by a faction of dissidents called Eternal Defiance that Ada helped organize into a semi-peaceful autocracy. Their compound, the Sanctuary, was what remained of an old university campus and housed upwards of eight thousand humans and two thousand skindolls.

Like the rest of the Freedome, the Sanctuary interacted only with other free societies, striving for self-sustainability and fair-trade, but Ada and her ilk were on the more radical side, seeking the destruction of corporate-run states and patriarchal gender politics. Towards the end, the aggressive egalitarian rhetoric really began to really irk him, but the sex had always been amazing. Though that didn't keep him from screwing around behind her back.

After being thoroughly searched and sent through a bioscanner, Rayce was finally allowed inside the Sanctuary. An ebony skinned Amazon woman led him down a corridor- or more accurately dragged him by his arm- and pushed him roughly into a room where Ada was waiting for him.

He went to take a step forward when another muscle-bound body guard- this one a man- grabbed his still sore arm and yanked him backwards.

"It's okay," Ada said. "He's harmless. Mostly."

Being just shy of six feet barefoot, Ada was nearly eye level with Rayce in heels and boy could she level him with her eyes. When he could no longer meet their glittering green fire, he made the mistake of looking down. The red wrap dress she wore left most of her lacy black bustier visible, which barely contained her magnificent full tits.

He took a moment to appreciate the new tattoos on her thighs between the hem of her dress and her knee-high boots, and another on her breasts, before looking back up at Ada's face again. More specifically, her full scarlet lips, twitching at the corners as if trying not to smile.

"You look spectacular, as usual, Ada. I missed you."

At this, her mouth settled into a scowl.

"Don't sweet talk me, Chance. We're making a business deal, remember?"

"I know. But it's still true."

"Yeah, well, you left me."

"You were pointing a gun at me!"

"You deserved it.

Unable to argue with her assessment, Rayce simply ran his fingers through his shaggy hair and shrugged. "If it makes you feel any better, I've had plenty other guns pointed at me since."

"And they all missed?" Ada sighed in exasperation and crossed her arms underneath her tits in a way that somehow made them appear even more lusciously plump. "It doesn't matter anymore. We've both moved on, obviously."

Her eyes flitted down to the tattoo on Rayce's wrist before he could cover it. Not that Ada wouldn't have found out anyway, he reminded himself.

"It's just a one time thing. I'm looking for a gynoid that ended up on the blackmarket here. Not sure of its exact location, but I know it's in a cargo hold with several other skindolls. That's why I contacted you first- I thought you'd like to set them free," Rayce said as earnestly as possible.

Ada rolled her eyes. "That and there's no one else in Freedome willing to work with you anymore. Hell, most people here would murder you just for having that code."

"You know what this code means for me, right? If I don't fulfill my contract-"

"I know. You die. I probably should let you too but... I'll help you anyway. Besides, it's a good trade off."

"I knew you could tell a good thing when you saw it."

"What's so goddamn special about this doll anyway?"

"Guess we'll both have to find out."

***

Ada introduced the tall androgynous woman who almost broke Rayce's arm as Nyxx and the stoic bronze giant who looked like he wanted to finish the job as Ion. He suspected that the three of them weren't just business partners, which would explain the added tension during negotiations. They were even more resentful of his presence when they saw his corporate brand, but were willing to help if only to keep dolls from being enslaved by humans. One of Eternal Defiance's philosophies was that even artificial people should have control of their livelihoods, whether it be a soldier or a sex worker.

The four of them left the Sanctuary in an armored van and headed to the tangle of stalls, warehouses, storefronts and sheds called the Blackmarket. Its vendors primarily dealt in corporate-sourced merchandise like drugs, tech and weapons, but you could also find oddities scavenged from the Ruins: what remained of cities abandoned after waves of disease, war, famine and natural disasters. As they drove around scanning for biological technology, Rayce saw everything from an old Merkava tank to cages of feral animals to what looked to be nothing more than pieces of canvas covered in paint.

When they finally located the building where the dolls were being stored, they buffered the security camera footage a few minutes before going inside. There were only two security guards posted inside, and Nyxx and Ion made quick work of them while Rayce and Ada headed to the gynoid's shipping container.

The inside was lit only by the glow of the seven hyperbaric stasis chambers made especially for storing cybernetic organisms, each with clear panes in the lids to display the doll inside. Four of them were typical pleasure models with natural hair and skin tones while the others had more exotic hues and stylized features. One resembled a sort of human-fox hybrid, complete with large pointed ears, thick red fur and an elongated snout. A bit odd, but not the most unusual Rayce had seen by a long shot.

Ada began the process of unlocking and activating the six standard dolls while Rayce focused on his target- the gynoid from the photogram worth more than the rest of them combined. It's placid face was as beautiful and lifelike as he remembered. Some of her features were delicate and fine while others were full and sultry, giving her as much of an innocent appearance as a sensual one.

Shaking his vague fantasies from his mind, Rayce connected to the chamber's operating system and ran a simple script to find the factory code for its lock. Once the passkey was entered and the chamber depressurized, he heard several sets of clicks as the lid unsealed itself and opened.

She was wearing nothing but a flimsy white gown and Rayce couldn't help but look over her a moment before murmuring, "So you're Lottie Silverlight..."

The doll took a great shuddering breath and its large eyes opened, revealing them to be a piercing violet color. They darted around, dilating as if in fear.

"Shhh, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you," he murmured as she shrank even further back. "My name's Rayce."

"Rayce?" she echoed.

"Yes. I'm here to take you to your new home."

"My new home?"

"Yes. But you have to come with me now."

Rayce held out his hand to help her out,

Even though dolls were able to regulate their temperature, Lottie was shivering, rubbing her bare arms that were covered in gooseflesh. He knew it had probably been designed to imitate human physiology more accurately than the average gynoid, but Rayce still took off his jacket and held it out to her.

"Here- put this on."

"Thank you," whispered Lottie, pulling the jacket on and zipping it up. It was so large on her that the hem reached past her knees and the sleeves completely swallowed her hands. The rugged leather and burnished hardware contrasted against her unblemished alabaster skin, making her seem even more vulnerable.

Just like when Joules wore it.

Nyxx and Ion had returned by now and soon the rest of the chambers were empty and eight skindolls were having a staring contest.

"So this is the doll, huh?" Ada remarked, looking Lottie over with a shrewd eye while Ion made sure they were clear to go.

"Yep," Rayce said, hoping she wouldn't try to pull any last minute bullshit about human rights for all.

"Looks pretty ordinary to me."

"Who knows- maybe she gives the world's best blowjob."

Ada snorted. "Maybe you'll find out."

***

After a somewhat passionate good-bye from Ada Lovelace that involved a good deal of tongue, Rayce left the Sanctuary with Lottie in tow.

"We'd better get some actual clothes for you," he remarked, more than a little distracted by how see-through her white gown was.

"Like a pretty dress?"

"Maybe."

"Do you think I'm pretty?"

"Um, yeah. Very."

"Good. I want to please my new Master."

"Whoa, I'm not your new Master."

"You're not? But I thought you were taking me home?"

"I am. But not to live with me. Think of me as a delivery man."

"A delivery man?"

"Yeah, and you're my package. Hey, stop!" he ordered the car abruptly, seeing a clothing stall across the street. "Okay- you stay in the car while I go in."

"Do you need my measurements?"

"No- I think I can eyeball it. You're about the same size as an old... friend of mine."

Rayce selected a couple of outfits, underwear and a nightgown since they'd probably end up sleeping in a hotel that night. Taking Lottie on a plane didn't seem wise so they'd have to drive the entire way back to Phantasy. Once he was back in the car and Lottie was looking through his purchases, Rayce took out his bottle of NeuroStim.

"What are those for? Are you sick?" Lottie asked as she began peeling off her flimsy gown with no trace of modesty. Rayce instantly regretted letting his eyes roam over her slight curves, lean muscles, the shadows and highlights that played over her cream skin and pink flesh.

"Only when I can't find the cure." Metallic bliss dissolved under his tongue, rushing down his spine, skimming over his nerves, like the flight feathers of an angel's wing.

Once Lottie put on a pair of jeans and a black blouse and put her silvery-blonde hair up in a ponytail she looked more ordinary, though no less beguiling.

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, keenly aware that they were now alone.

"You can go into standby mode if you want. Or whatever you do to save power."

"I don't think I have a standby mode. Do you?"

"No, of course not. I'm either awake or asleep."

"Me too, I suppose. So where is my new home? Is it close by?"

"Not particularly. It's a bit of a drive."

"Well, I could help pass the time quicker if you'd like."

Rayce wasn't sure what Lottie meant at first, but when she put her hand on his thigh suggestively, he got a very clear idea.

"No thanks," he said brusquely before nudging Lottie's hand away.

To distract them both from the latent tension, Rayce suggested they get out the onboard VR sets and link them up to play a silly game called Zombie Piñata, which Lottie would have been better at if she hadn't been so amused. Instead of blood and viscera, the zombies were filled with candy that burst out when they died. She also could stop herself from giggling when the candy flew towards her face, or crying out whenever there was a jump scare.

When she'd tired of playing that, Rayce let her surf media stream, which had her enthralled. After watching part of a soap opera with an all-doll cast, a reality show called Cyberlove, and a collection of cute animal videos primarily featuring designer micro-kittens, Lottie came upon a channel called FuckDollz. The opening scene had a woman being eaten out by her android lover, which was also fucking her with the extra penis attachment coming from its hand.

Lottie's giggling died down as the camera switched to the android's view as it worked its owner's pussy. They both shifted in their seats.

"Have you ever done that- licked a woman's vagina?" she asked.

"Yes. Many times."

The view then switched to the woman's, ordering her fuckdoll to get on its back so she could mount the even larger cock it had in the normal spot. A long sigh escaped Lottie as the android's obscenely thick meat disappeared inside her cunt. Feeling furtive movements next to him, Rayce took off his headset and sure enough, Lottie's hand had slid down the front of her pants, between her legs.

"That's enough of that," he said, stopping the show.

"I'm sorry. I got a little carried away..."

He was tempted to ask Lottie if she could have an orgasm, but he felt aroused enough knowing she probably could, so he just started browsing through the music stations.

"Were that woman and android doing that because they were in love?"

"No. Sex and love are two different things."

"Then why is it calling making love?"

"Because it can be so good that you think you're in love."

"Have you ever been in love?"

"Once. A long time ago."

"Does it still hurt?"

"What?"

"This." Lottie reached over and placed her hand on Rayce's chest over his heart.

Rayce laid his own hand over hers, feeling its soft slender warmth, before pushing it away. "No. Not anymore."

***

After hours of being in the car, Rayce was glad to stretch his legs in the hotel room. And even more glad to make himself a vodka tonic. No matter how many times he told himself they'd soon be out of him, Rayce couldn't stop imagining the nano-cells clustered around his heart. Waiting, like a ticking time bomb...

"Can I have one of those?"

"Dolls can't get drunk," Rayce muttered, trying not to watch while Lottie changed for bed.

"But I can drink," she retorted, slipping the nightgown over her head. "And eat. I have a fully functioning renal, digestive and nervous system as well as developed sexual anatomy."

Rayce chuckled at her persistence. "You want a drink? Fine, I'll make you one."

It wasn't long before Rayce discovered that alcohol had a noticeable effect on Lottie. Her cheeks flushed, her words slurred ever so slightly, she stumbled when she got up and followed Rayce to bed, and she came on to him as soon as they were lying down.

"Hey- what are you doing?" he demanded when he felt Lottie's hand running up his inner thigh.

"Trying to feel your cock. What do you think I'm doing?" she teased.

Rayce knew things were going in the wrong direction, but it was difficult to think clearly with Lottie rubbing his dick. "Hmmm...That's what I thought. And how does it feel?"

"Nice...Big...I wish I could see just how big..."

"Jesus, Lottie, you're killin' me..." he snarled in frustration, grinding up against her touch.

"I only want to make you feel good, Rayce."

Lottie looked up at him and parted her pretty pink lips as an offering; they were so plump that they appeared swollen. Rayce was drawn to them like a magnet, pressing her mouth open further to slip his tongue inside. He kissed her greedily as if quenching a long thirst, occasionally nibbling on her pouty bottom lip as if he wanted to devour it.