Puppy Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,713 Followers

"Jeff, I don't know you but you were very highly recommended by Mrs. Matthews. I do expect each and every player to do their own work. It's just that with all the practice, tests and all these new government program requirements I'm afraid some of my boys may not make it.

"What I have in mind is that after the next practice on Saturday, you can help some of them with subjects that they are falling behind in. I have to include all the team in the first meeting and those that want your tutoring can tell us."

So that's what we did. Coach called his whole team into the gym after their practice. I told them my name and that I would be willing to tutor any players that needed help through the football season. I made sure that they knew that I wouldn't do their homework for them but I would help them understand their assignment and correct any papers and reports.

For those who needed help during the week, they could e-mail me their assignments and I would correct and explain any changes that I made. I would be there every Saturday for those who needed any one on one face time.

A few of the guys I knew back in the fifth grade and I was sure they remembered me. Brent asked me if I was the Jeff that got expelled in the fifth grade.

"Listen, I'm not here to tell you my life story. I'm here to help anyone who needs help. This is not mandatory for anyone. I am knowledgeable and versed on most any subject. It's up to you if you feel you can use the help."

The jackass Brent spoke up again. "Ok, if you are so smart; who won the first super bowl?"

"It was played on 1/15/67. Kansas City lost to Green Bay 35 to 10. The Coaches were Hank Stram and Vince Lombardi. It was played at L.A. Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, CA. The most valuable player was Bart Starr. Any other questions?" I said as I looked straight at Brent.

"Good guess, I knew that," he said as his friends laughed at him. "I don't need your help, I have a girl that will help me and she is much cuter." He got up and walked out.

After answering a number of questions from some of the other players most of them left. They really didn't need tutoring but we had to offer it to everyone. I ended up with twelve players. I gave them my e-mail address and went over the rules once more.

I was surprised how many papers I had to correct when I got back to my dorm. I did all my corrections in red and explained what was wrong to each player. Over the weeks some of these players thanked me and I could tell they were really trying.

When I talked with them after the game I showed them ways to remember dates for history and the difference of when to use different words like saw/seen, hear/here. Also how to use the times tables to find their answers quicker in math.

At the end of the season the coach thanked me. I had also searched through the archives of football and sent him some of the greatest plays ever made. Many of them were trick plays and hadn't been used for years.

He ended up using a few of them and his school made it to the regional finals for the first time ever. They didn't win but it was the farthest the school had ever made it.

Some players asked me after their season was over if I would continue tutoring them. They wanted to further their education after high school. That made me feel like I had really made a difference.

****

Since I was now back at home I knew I had to see Jordan. Brad, my friend had told me that Jordan had broken up with her boyfriend Brent. He didn't know why but I didn't care. I just hoped she would talk with me.

I went to her final soft ball game and after it was over I went down to the field. She was talking to some of her friends when I approached the fence. When she looked at me she had an odd look on her face. I called out to her, "Jordan, may I see you for a minute?"

She and a couple of her girlfriends walked over to me. "Jeffrey, is it really you? I heard that you might be back in town." She didn't look ecstatic to see me. "How long have you been back?" she asked.

"I've been here on weekends to help tutor a few people, but only recently moved back," I replied.

"So it's true. I heard that you were tutoring a number of players of the football team. I really didn't believe it."

"No one was supposed to know. I guess your boyfriend Brent doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut."

"Brent is not my boyfriend. I dated him a few times and have known him just about all my life, but don't call him my boyfriend."

"Sorry, it's just what I was told."

"So, what is it you want?" Her friends were still just standing there looking at me.

"I would like to know if I could take you to your prom, unless you already have a date." She looked at me totally shocked.

"What? Jeffrey, what are you thinking? I haven't seen you for at least nine or ten years. Why on God's green earth would you ask me to the prom?"

I took a deep breath. I wasn't sure if I should be honest with her but I went for broke. "Because I'm still in love with you," I answered. Her friends all looked shocked.

I continued. "Jordan, have dinner with me tonight at Josie's diner and I will explain everything to you and answer all your questions. You have to believe me that most people don't know my past at all, they are all wrong. I'll meet you there at seven."

I turned and walked away. I could hear her friends asking her all kind of questions as I walked away. "Jordan, who is he?" "Are you going to show up?" "Is he the crazy guy from grade school?" Actually one girl said, "I think he's kind of cute and if he's the guy that helped the football team out, I hear he's really smart." I have to admit that made me smile.

"I cry each night my tears for you, My tears are all in vain. I'll hope and I'll pray that maybe someday, You'll be back in my arms once again."

I was at the diner fifteen minutes early. I got a booth in the corner. I even ordered dinner for us. Now I just hoped she would show up. I knew this was a giant step but what did I have to lose. If she didn't show then I knew I'd just have to deal with it.

I looked up at the clock and it was exactly seven when the door opened and in walked Jordan but she was followed in by four of her girlfriends. She looked over at me and said something to her friends. They all sat in a booth away from where I was and Jordan came over and sat down.

"Ok Jeffrey," she was the only person that still called me that. I didn't mind, in fact I kind of liked it. "What do you want and why am I really here?"

"I've never lied to you, ever, Jordan. I really want to take you to your prom and I asked you here for dinner because I owed it to you."

"What do you mean you owe me a dinner? What on earth are you talking about," she asked.

"One thing at a time. When we were in the fourth grade I promised you a dinner at Josie's diner. I'm here to pay my debt."

Right then the waitress came out and brought us both a hot dog along with some macaroni and cheese. Also two root beers. I saw a slight smile come across Jordan's face. She must have remembered.

"How did you remember how I liked my hot dogs?" she asked. Hers had mustard and relish. She never liked onions.

"I remember everything about you. As I said, I have always loved you and always will. I know you don't feel the same about me right now but all I want is a chance."

"Jeffrey, this is just too fast. Just seeing you is a surprise. I'm having a hard time figuring out why I even came here tonight." Her friends could probably overhear our conversation but I didn't mind.

"Jordan, I just want to tell you the truth about my life. I'm not the insane delinquent person I've been made out to be. In fact you might be happy to know that I am quite intelligent."

We began eating our dinner. She took a sip of her soda and smiled. She shook her head probably knowing I remembered root beer as her favorite.

"How can you remember everything? According to some of the kids at school the tutor was a brain. Were you really the tutor Jeffrey?"

"Yes I was and I'm still helping a few guys out so they can get accepted in college. I do remember everything about us.

"Whenever we played catch or would run and even playing basketball you always beat my butt?" I moaned as she laughed. "Well, I'm still not good at sports. I know everything about sports statistics but I'm just not good at playing sports. You on the other hand play volleyball, basketball and softball."

"How do you know that?" asked Jordan.

"Over the past few years if I was home and you had a game I would go to it."

"Were you stalking me? I never remember seeing you at any games?" she looked nervous.

"No, I never stalked you. That's why I never came up to you. I didn't make very many games and I always sat on the visitor's side. Boy, you are so good in sports."

I decided to go back and tell her more about our childhood. I hoped she would remember how much I always cared for her.

"Do you remember when we were going to elope? We were six years old. We told my mom and she packed us a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and gave us each a Twinkie cake and a can of juice. We walked half way around the block." Jordan was laughing and continued the story.

"We sat on Mrs. Brown's porch and ate our lunch. We weren't allowed to cross the street." I smiled.

"That was a long time ago Jeffrey. A lot has changed since then. I remember your last day in school when you kissed me. A lot of the kids still tease me about it. They say they remember when that crazy Jeff kid kissed me. When I got home my parents grounded me for a week for kissing a boy at school. They didn't even know it was you. I wouldn't tell them who it was."

"I'm sorry I got you in trouble. I guess I never thought about it hurting you. It's just something I had always wanted to do. As I mentioned, I've always loved you."

"Would you please stop saying that? It bothers me," she replied.

"Sure, I guess you know it by now and so do your girlfriends." She looked over her shoulder and her girlfriends were either smiling or laughing.

"What happened to you after you left the school? Brent said you went to a nuthouse. Others said that you were institutionalized. After I met Brad he said he was your neighbor for awhile and that you were in an institution for the gifted. Brent said he went on line and it was for kids that were autistic or mentally challenged."

"Your friend Brent is full of shit. In fact I think it was him that told the teacher I took her study book that started this whole mess. I'll tell you about the 'School for the gifted'.

I went on to tell her about the school and how all the students were challenged to do their best. I explained how I had a photographic memory and other things like how I could speed read was able to retain most all I read. She asked me if I ever graduated. I told her that I did at fifteen and went on and received two college degrees.

I went on and explained that I was a computer programmer and wrote many computer programs. I now worked out of my home and did on line computer repair.

"So you see, I wasn't an idiot, a stalker or mentally unbalanced. It was just when I lost my best friend that I got bored with life. The academy showed me how to channel my boredom and thoughts to accomplish whatever I wanted. The only thing missing was my best friend. The girl I ..." I stopped before saying love.

"So can I be your prom date?" I asked.

She looked back over at her girlfriends who must have heard the whole conversation. They were smiling and waiting for her to answer.

"Jeffrey, I don't know. I was suppose to go with Brent but I told him 'No' the other day. I was planning on not going. I need to talk with my parents. Can I give you an answer in a couple of days?"

"You can tell me whenever you like. I'll always be here for you." She squeezed my hand and gave me a light smile, got up and she and her girlfriends left. I figured there would be a lot of talking going on between her and her friends.

I wanted to ask a favor of the coach who was also the gym teacher. After classes were over I went to talk to him. His office was located next to the locker room. After he walked out three guys came into the locker room. It was Brent and two of his friends. One of the two was one I had helped tutor.

"Stay the hell away from Jordan if you know what's good for you, you freak," said Brent to me.

"What's your problem Brent? She isn't your girl, she told me so herself."

"I don't want you near her. Everyone around here knows not to ask her out or they will have to deal with me," remarked Brent.

"Let me tell you something Brent. I'm not one of your friends and I'm sure not afraid of you."

"Listen asshole, you ask her out again and I'll kick your ass," he replied.

I knew I had to put Brent on the defense. He thought I was crazy so I thought I would use it to my advantage.

"I spent five years in a reformatory and mental institution. You think I'm afraid of you. I don't give a shit how big you are." I grabbed a baseball bat and hit it against the lockers. It made a loud clang sound.

"The next time you come close to me I'll use this bat on you. I don't care if you put me in the hospital. When I get out I'll stalk you till I break both of your kneecaps with this bat. What college wants a player with broken kneecaps? You think I'm bluffing? Try me. Come on, I'll take on all three of you. After all I'm crazy," I laughed.

Jim, the guy I tutored said, "Jeff, I just came in to thank you again for helping me. I'll have no part in what Brent wants." He quickly left the locker room.

"If you ever bother me or Jordan again this will be more than just a threat. You are not her boss and I know you're not mine." I hit the locker one more time and started to walk out of the locker room.

The coach came back into the locker room. "What's going on in here?" he asked. Someone said there was an argument going on in here."

"No, everything is fine coach. Brent and I just needed to come to an understanding. I think everything is cool. Right Brent?" He just nodded.

The coach spoke, "Jeff, that favor you asked, I have an appointment with Mrs. Matthews tomorrow. I'll get back to you soon."

"Thanks Coach, it means a lot to me."

I was walking down the hall when Jordan and two of her girlfriends spotted me. She was smiling. "Jeffrey, the answer is yes. I'll be happy to go to the prom with you." She handed me her phone number and told me to call her so we could make plans.

I did talk to her a couple of times before we went to the prom. I didn't want to pester her and I knew she had other commitments since graduation was close.

We double dated for the prom. Jim from the locker room and one of Jordan's friends went with us. I drove my new car. Jim was surprised that I was able to afford a Lexus. I think even Jordan was surprised.

Brent's name never came up even though I'm pretty sure Jim told both Jordan and Sandy what went on in the locker room. The four of us went out for dinner. No hot dog this time. I made reservations in one of the cities finest restaurants.

I slipped Jim a hundred dollars. I told him it was to help pay for dinner. Both of the girls couldn't believe we even got reservations. The menu didn't even have prices. "Jeffrey, can we afford to eat here?" asked Jordan.

"Don't you worry, tonight we want our ladies to have a night that they will always remember." Jim got a kiss from Sandy.

Dinner was fantastic and then we headed over to the hall where the prom was taking place. They had a dance band and tables all set up. The first time I took Jordan in my arms I was nervous. I wanted to do everything right.

I wasn't the greatest dancer but I tried. Jordan was able to follow me without a problem. After the third dance she told me that she didn't bite, I could hold her closer. She didn't have to ask me a second time.

I told her another of my wishes was coming true. I've always wanted to hold her close. She looked so great and smelled so good.

Brent did show up and I saw Jordan look at him. He was dancing with a girl and kept sliding his hand down to her ass and squeezing it. He did it away from the chaperones.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

Jim and Sandy got up to get us all a soda and Jordan explained what had happened between her and Brent.

"We were classmates for years. Not really friends until last year when I went out with him a couple of times. He always wanted to get fresh and said he could have any girl he wanted. This year he didn't seem as bad and asked me to the prom. I said yes.

"About a month ago at a school dance he started telling everyone I was his girl. He tried grabbing me by the ass like he was doing Judy there. The first couple of times I told him to quit it. The third time I slapped him. He told me he wasn't going to waste any more time on me. He was going to find a woman that put out. Our relationship ended.

"He said he would make sure I didn't go to the prom with anyone from our school. I guess he got his way but I couldn't be happier. Jeffrey, I keep thinking about all our old memories too. I'm so glad you asked me. You're not like most guys that a girl has to fight with half the night."

"I know you don't want to hear it again but it's because I love you and respect you," I replied.

What happened next was a total surprise. We stood up to go dance but as I took her hand she put her arms around my neck and kissed me, I mean really kissed me.

I held her close the rest of the night. On our way home I dropped off Sue first. She and Jim were a couple and she really kissed him goodnight. I think he squeezed a little butt also. Jordan told me that the two of them have been going together for about six months.

I dropped Jim off and then I walked Jordan to the door. "Thank you for the best date of my life," said Jordan.

"It was the best ever for me too," I replied. "Can I ..." I was going to say kiss her goodnight but she had already came forward and started kissing me.

The porch light came on and we quickly separated with both of us laughing.

"I'll see you soon," I said as she walked into the house. I was on cloud nine.

I talked to her a few days later and there was all kind of buzz about the prom. Everyone wanted to know who I was. No one could get anything out of Jim and Sandy and Jordan just said that I was a very old friend from the neighborhood.

Jordan told me that no one has ever seen her so happy except when they won a tournament or something. "Maybe you're falling for me," I said with a laugh.

"Maybe I am," she replied.

Graduation was the next big thing coming up. I had asked the coach if I could graduate with the class. I told him it would have been my class if I would have stayed in school. I actually wanted to graduate with Jordan.

He spoke with Mrs. Matthews and she brought it up in a board meeting. The general consensus was that I could not get a regular diploma but if I was willing to take the GED exam, (it was the equivalent of a diploma for those who went back to school) that I could cross the stage with the other students. There were already five other people who would be given a GED.

Mrs. Matthews agreed and told me I had to take the exam if I wanted to graduate with the class. Of course she had to laugh since I passed the test when I was in the fifth grade only the test was updated.

Needless to say I took the test. I had a four hour time limit and the Principal would be in charge of correcting my test. I finished in an hour and a half. When I walked out of the test room the Principal said she was sorry that I didn't pass.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You haven't even corrected it yet."

"You mean you finished it? I'm so sorry. No one has ever finished it that quickly. I'll correct it and get back to Mrs. Matthews with the results. Again I apologize for what I said earlier."

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,713 Followers