Pure Moonlight Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We have decided," came a voice from behind him. Zac shifted uncomfortably, not liking facing away from two of the elders. "We will help you."

Zac stopped his shifting a smiled. The one to his left moved, "We will give her dreams that allure her to our natures. Within these dreams she will witness you shift and we will project a feeling of safety, love and acceptance. This should help ease your path in enlightening her."

A smile broke his face and his eyes filled, "Thank you, wise elders. You have brought me much joy this day."

"Humans are notoriously fear-filled creatures, so be warned dear one. She still may not take it well. They are sheltered and do not cope well with surprise information such as this. You will still need to be slow and caring through this process. You still have the Attraction on your side. It will ease the path for you both."

Zac bowed his head, he knew this, but he felt this was the advantage he needed to ensure he would never have to live without her.

"To fulfil this, we will need at least a hair from each of you, and you will need to envision the dream as you want it to happen. She will react, but you cannot control that; you just have to control your end and let the runes fall where they may."

"Thank you wise elders, I have both here at the house, I want it done for tonight." With a nod of his head, he strode out of the room.

~~~

It took very little time before he had the requirements for their spell. He found himself sitting in the middle of the room on the cushion once again as the elders surrounding him began to chant. Giant pillar candles behind each Elder suddenly burst into flame, making Zac jump. The elders, eyes closed, continued their chanting. All of the hair on Zac's body stood on end; inside his wolf's hackle rose as the air seemed to get as thick as honey and crackle lightly in his heightened senses. Each of the four elders raised their hands, their chanting never slowing.

The hairs collected of the two of them, sitting on a handkerchief in front of him, were picked up by an invisible hand and raised into the air. Floating, they seemed to dance with one another with the twirls and twists around, their coil getting tighter until they seemed to be one strand. Suddenly they too burst into flame. All four elders clapped their hands in unison as their chanting abruptly stopped. An eerie silence was left in their wake as the candles' flames all went out.

"It is done, dear one. You may be at peace. The first dream will take place tonight, when both of you sleep, your dreams will connect and combine. You, as the instigator, will have control. In these dreams your will can alter the environment, but not her; her will is her own at all times." Said one, sounding bone tired.

"Now be gone with you, we must rest."

Almost before he could blink he was at the door, unseen air currents pushing him through the exit. He turned and nodded his head low, "Thank you very much, Wise ones; you have given me great joy. May Luna bless you, ladies."

"May she bless us always," they replied before the door shut in his face.

~~~

Zac spent the day running through his plan in his head. He went through his Alpha duties doggedly, his mind elsewhere. His pack, knowing this, made his life easier. Most concerning was Keith never returned from dropping off the Alpha's human. No one was sure if he had been ordered to remain, and no one had the rank or inclination to disturb their alpha.

The sun slowly sank below the horizon, almost stopping to torture him longer. Finally, as dark embraced the land Zac retired to his room. Never in his life had he been so excited and nervous about sleeping. It took quite a while for him to be able to relax his nerves and stop his thought processes to actually get to sleep. He briefly considered sleeping pills, but he didn't want to affect the dream. Breathing deeply, he willed himself into slumber.

~~~

Ally had been cleaning and studying for the entire day. The sun took its last wink over the horizon as she stretched and extracted herself from her book-laden desk. Feeling slightly guilty about having wasted a perfectly fine day, she curled up on the couch with her newly re-friended kitty and put on a movie. She looked at her phone, feeling the loneliness sinking deeper. She desperately wanted to call Zac or anyone just to hear the first human voice for the day. Company had always eluded her but until now she had never really noticed how lonely her life was.

Feeling depressed she tried to focus on the movie; she quickly realised it was a poor choice. "I love you," said the handsome character over a swooning beauty. Ally curled up her legs and hugged them. She had pushed away the first man to show a caring interest in her. In frustration, she turned off the television and retired.

Beating her pillow into submission, Ally did her best to ignore the creeping cold and loneliness settling over her heart as she fell into sleep's welcoming embrace.

12