Pure Moonlight Ch. 11

Story Info
His hand revealed.
5.5k words
4.71
27k
31

Part 11 of the 16 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 04/14/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi everyone!

This story is a work of fiction from my own mind and hand. I started this story and posted it, and I am going to finish it. There are dark times ahead but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. And no, it's not a train!

Lots of love to all my patient and supportive readers! I will continue this story and I will finish it because we all deserve a happy ending.

I love reading comments from people who are enjoying the series; it really makes my day and encourages me to write more.

If you don't like my story or the direction it's heading in, that's fine- but I don't want to hear your negativity. If you have useful suggestions or critiques then feel free to contact me (preferably with a reply email, to give me a chance to discuss).

 

As always; rate, comment, fawn, share, link, love

<3

Shadowsung

~~~ Chapter 11 ~~~

 

 

The room was almost silent except for the frequent tiny beeps of the machine closely guarding the stranger's life. The nurse sighed as she sponged him down, appreciating the toned planes of his body. The man was sweating profusely and muttering incoherently. He had been running a fever most of the morning at well over the average Were and seemed to be experiencing delirium in his unconscious state.

She watched his face contort into a snarl before morphing into horror. The man gave a strangled cry. Convulsing, he sat up straight screaming, 'NO!"

The nurse nearly leapt from her skin. Lance rushed past her, grabbing the strangers' shoulders and pushing him back to the bed. The man arched his back, convulsing and screaming pitiful screams as the nurse re-attached the restraints attached to the bed. She had removed them to get to his back for the sponge bath.

Suddenly the man stilled completely. Lance released some of the pressure and looked at the nurse questioningly and received a shrug in reply. They both looked at the man, carefully inspecting him for injury.

His eyes snapped open and he gasped for air before coughing roughly.

"Look at me," Lance commanded, "You are safe, stranger. You were in an accident; we brought you back here to take care of you."

"I know. I watched you," he replied. "In my unconscious state I was still able to witness everything that has been happening through black magic that was placed upon me. Thank you Dr. Lance, and to your alpha, Curt for his hospitality but my pack needs me very badly at this moment, for my alpha is about to make the biggest mistake of his life," he tried to move but found his hands bound to the bed.

"We cannot let you go until we are satisfied that you are not a threat to anyone and I have been given leave by my Alpha to release you. Since he is... not available presently, you will have to be patient," Lance explained gently. "Now, what is your name and from which pack do you hail from?"

Keith closed his eyes and tried to draw in breath to calm himself. His body was humming with the urge to shift and run to his Alpha, but he knew that attempting to do so would keep him restrained longer. "My name is Keith Coleman of the Coleman pack, 160 years old. I am beta and right-hand man to my Alpha, Zachariah Coleman; best friend since childhood. I am the son of William and Shania Coleman, both now in Luna's Embrace. I am unmated and childless. The Coleman Estate and my home lay to the South East of here on our pack lands.

"My Iydam was not found on me at the scene of the accident because it was removed by the man who incapacitated me with black magic. He now holds my form and advises my Alpha to commit unspeakable acts using my voice. I must be set free before it is too late. Please, Lance of the Braanan Pack, know that once I am free I shall desert your lands for my own as fast as my feet can carry me. Faster, if you will lend me a car."

Lance took a breath to take in all of the information. He had heard of Keith, but he had never met him. While the man did look very desperate, his wolf knew that he was telling the truth and to trust him. After a moment, he nodded and began to undo his bindings, wary for any attack.

Lance helped Keith off the bed and watched as the man fought to remain standing. The points on his temple were still there but fading, he noticed. The doctor helped him into some clothes and walked with him down to the garage. Out of his pocket he pulled a set of keys. "Take my car, and may Luna speed you to your Alpha, Keith of the Coleman Pack."

"And may she bless you and yours always, Lance. Thank you very much for your help." The men clasped wrists in a Were farewell before Keith jumped in the car and sped off down the driveway, praying he was not too late.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Ally had just poured herself another glass of champagne when Kate stopped talking and sniffed the air intently. She looked at her friend, an eyebrow raised at her odd behaviour.

"Did I leave the gas on or something? What's up, Kate?" she asked curiously.

"I think your boyfriend is here, I don't think he is very happy," she replied hesitatingly.

"What do you mean? Zac would never be-"

Her reply was cut off by a giant man crashing through her lounge room window and taking Kate down with a tackle. There was the sound of smashing glass all throughout her house mingled with their screams.

Ally was grabbed from behind and lifted into the air. She kicked out behind her; her foot meeting sensitive flesh. As soon as her feet were on the ground she leapt to her friend, who was still struggling under the man pinning her to the floor. "Run!" Kate managed to scream.

Ally turned to run and came face to face with Zac.

Anger and hatred twisted his once handsome features; his eyes were black as coal and cold as snow. His eyes alone stopped her dead in her tracks. Her heart faltered at him giving her such a look.

A black bag was thrown over her head sealing her into darkness with nothing but her last glimpse of Zac's burning face to occupy her mind.

 

 

~~~

 

 

The bag was removed and Ally found herself in a dungeon cell. Kate was on makeshift pallet opposite her, unconscious. She rushed to her friend and let out a sigh of relief as she stirred. They didn't get the chance to talk because the sound of the door being opened alerted them to their company.

He stormed in, determined not to let his howling wolf get the better of him. He had been fighting with his other side that she was not who they thought she was and they had been deceived.

"Zac!" Ally said and rushed to the bars, "What is going on?"

 

"How could you do this to me?" Zac asked her, feeling his eyes burning with unshed tears. His wolf was howling at seeing their mate behind bars at their hand. Mentally he pushed away his meddlesome spirit into the confines of his conscious.

"Do what to you mean??? I am the one in a cage, Zac!" She shrieked in reply, her arms wide to include her small confines, " I have done nothing to you! I loved you! I let you into my heart and into my life even though clearly there were higher powers against us! I have been stalked, attacked, hurt and now kidnapped by you and your henchmen, and you dare to ask me what I have done to you?!" Ally paced the cage angrily.

"Just tell me, witch," he spat, his chest aching at the glares she was throwing at him, "Tell me how I break this spell. You are not my mate, I know its witchcraft, so just... tell me how to break it."

"What the hell are you on about? I'm not a witch, I was your girlfriend. You've gone crazy," she said in dismissal, hoping that she was just having a bizarre dream. She sat down on the pallet and closed her eyes, willing herself to wake up.

Kate sidled over to the bars, "Alpha Coleman, listen to me," she whispered desperately, "I have known Ally for years; we went to school together as little girls, she is not who you have been led to believe. She is human; not witch, Were or any other Supernatural being. You're making a big mistake! She does not know the Secret or anything about our world. If you feel the attraction, then it is true- she could not fabricate it."

"Zac," Keith whispered from behind him, "she is the daughter of the man you are now at war with and your prisoner; of course she would say these things. She is trying to buy time and waver your resolve in this course of action. You heard them; they were laughing at you. They are not laughing now, are they?"

Zac looked to see Ally watching him with cautiously, her eyes betraying the hurt she was feeling. She gave up on the dream idea and approached the bars again.

"Zac," she whispered quietly, "I'm scared. I haven't done anything to you. I loved you. Why are you doing this?"

He growled in frustration, his anger and rage built inside him until he could barely see. With a shout he slipped his form as his wolf broke free and came to the surface with a roar.

It was so violent and fast, Zac felt a burning and ripping sensation through his body; it was not designed to shift so quickly and was given no time to adjust. His form literally exploded, leaving skin fragments on the surfaces like shrapnel from a bomb.

His wolf shook himself down and snarled at his human's folly.

Ally watched as her ex-lover exploded into a giant wolf, the same one she had seen in the alleyway that fateful night, except it was almost three times the size. It stared into the cage, snarling viscously and baring enormous fangs. A bloodcurdling scream tore itself from her before she collapsed in a dead faint.

Kate roared in anger and crouched over her friend; cradling her prone form. "You were right," she yelled angrily at the snarling wolf, "There is no way Ally could be your mate. You would never have done this to her if you were!"

Zac growled and paced the bars. The war within himself was exhausting and confusing him greatly. He howled loudly and raced from the room.

"You don't deserve her!" Kate screamed at his retreating form, her words echoing off the walls.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Ally dreamt horrible dreams, muttering and tossing in her sleep.

She was running through a dark forest and something was after her. Dead, gnarled trees caught at her clothes and flesh, taking tribute for her passage. Cuts and rips grew across her arms, legs and face as she pushed her way through the boned arms threatening to grab her in the darkness. Something inside urged her to keep moving; to get away from him. She didn't know what or who or why, but in her gut she knew. Disembodied voices whispered and cried out around her, telling her to run and get away.

She burst through the sadistic trees and into a dark clearing with a stump in the middle of the space. The field was covered in a sea of the blackened corpses of flowers; their stems twisted and turned into shapes that screamed the agony they had felt. Sitting on the stump was a man, his bare back to her. It was Zac. She didn't know how she knew; but she just knew it was him. Her heart warmed; she was safe. A smile cracked her lips as she stalked up to him.

"Zac!" she cried out happily. The man on the stump shivered, a shadow coming over him. Ally stepped forward.

"Zac?" she asked hesitantly, her smile slipping. She reached up and touched the man on the back. With a snarl he rounded on her; a giant wolf face, with glowing red eyes and drool dripping from his snapping and snarling powerful jaws as he descended upon her.

 

 

Ally woke with a gasp, sitting up straight in her bed. "Psst," came a hiss at the bars. Ally looked over and saw that Kate had succumbed to sleep on the rough pallet bed.

She turned to inspect the figure on the other side of the bars.

"Who's there?" she whispered suspiciously.

"It's Keith; I need to talk to you."

Ally sighed and moved over to the bars. "What is going on? Why is Zac acting like this? What happened before? Why am I in here?" she shook her head confusedly, trying to gain control of her runaway thoughts. Her head was bursting with questions that had been left so unanswered. Her chest was heavy and aching, and drawing breath was getting harder for her. Her eyes burned and a sniff escaped her.

"I just... I want to say. I'm sorry," he said looking down, "I thought you were something that you are not, and I advised Zac wrongly. His treatment of you and your friend is not right. I want to make it right."

Ally looked at him suspiciously, "And how exactly can you help? He is your boss."

"I can help you to convince him to let you go. You still hold power over him while he believes you are his mate. If you remove those feelings, then he will not be interested

in keeping you here."

Ally looked confused, "What is this about mates?"

Keith shook his head, "It is not for me to explain it to you, all you need to know, is that while he thinks of you as he currently does, you will remain here. You need remove these thoughts and feelings. There is a special phrase in our culture that indicates a person's unwillingness to continue a relationship. All you need to do is say these words and he will undoubtedly let you go, and you will never have to see him again."

A sharp shot of pain raced through her chest, never see him again. It hurt her a lot, but she was hurting even more behind bars and being accused of falsities. She nodded to Keith, her eyes hard, "teach me the words," she said quietly.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Keith pushed the car as fast as it could go, going crazy with worry. He had to stop his Alpha at all costs. Lights blurred past the window as he sped through the night.

He felt his Alpha cry to the skies and he numbly realised that he was too late. He pulled the car over and gave into his wolf, who was demanding release. He dropped to his knees, not bothering to strip.

The shift happened quickly, as he shook out his coat and took off, leaving a trail of shredded clothes behind him.

I have to get to Zac, he thought to himself, I can make things better if I can just get to him.

The wind blew through his coat as he moved across the landscape like a bullet. He still had further to go, but he felt better running.

The smells and visions blew past him like water over rocks. Hold on, Zac, he thought, I'm coming!

 

~~~

 

 

Bart had stood his post, hating himself and his alpha. He had heard the shouts and the yelling echoing along the walls. He heard his Alpha snarl and a high pitched scream that was cut off quickly. He had jumped, fearing the woman's health. His legs quivered under the pressure of his Alpha's orders. He was a mere beta; his Alpha had given him an order and he had to follow.

"You don't deserve her!" echoed off the walls of the prison cells, and he couldn't help but agree.

His humanity wanted to disobey the orders and help the poor women. He knew in his heart and in his gut they were innocent pawns, but he couldn't figure out for who.

His wolf inside had been accepting with the orders because that was the way of the pack. The Alpha cared for and protected them all; and the stronger wolf would keep them safe.

His human side disagreed; something was off with his Alpha. He had always had one of the best noses and scenting ability even for a Were. It was what got him a promotion to Beta status. He had noticed a taint surrounding his alpha; an unpleasant smell he had never encountered before and couldn't make sense of it.

He had spent hours at his post; he knew he was being punished for his outburst at her house. He used the time to consider all of the angles of the situation and all the possibilities and explanations.

"Bart?" called someone quietly from around the corner, startling him out of his trance. He turned the corner and found Keith. Angry at the Were for his part in Ally and her friend's imprisonment, he growled low.

Keith put his hands up in a defensive gesture, "I know, and for what it's worth... I'm sorry."

Bart stopped suddenly, eying the taller man curiously.

Keith stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking sheepish, "I was wrong. I thought horrible things about Ally and the Braanan woman. I edged Zac on, thinking it was for the best. I don't believe so now. I watched his interrogation and I realise now they are false."

Bart didn't know what to say to this. He went back to staring ahead, waiting for the other man to continue.

"I have just talked to Ally myself. I do not believe she is a threat to us and she has vouched for the Braanan woman. I taught her the Ending Phrase. Hopefully it will be enough to make Zac forget about her and release her."

"And if it isn't?" Bart asked quietly, "You and I both know this is not exactly a 'by the book' courtship."

"We will help them escape. They can find refuge at the Braanan compound and we can hopefully convince Zac to let go of this war before blood is shed."

He paused before continuing, "Then I will need your help."

"My alpha has ordered me-"

"To not interfere, contact or interact with the prisoners. He said nothing about you getting a car and leaving it and its keys in a convenient place for an enterprising young man or woman to find...." Barts eyes glowed; he hadn't considered a loophole in his orders.

"Here are the keys to the hummer," Keith said, handing them over, "If things go badly we can help them escape in that while we hold up the chase."

He looked at his watch, "It's 9 o'clock; Zac will come down in an hour. Ally will utter the Ending Phrase and we will monitor his reaction. If he lets her go, then everything will be fine. If he doesn't I will contact your phone. You need have the car ready to go."

Bart nodded and watched the man carefully, breathing in a deep sigh. His sharp nose detected... nothing. Numbly, he realised he could not pick up the man's scent. He inhaled again through his nose. There was that trace of black again, but it was covered with Keith's scent.

Bart was confused; he had never known the beta to disobey his Alpha's orders in such a way. Keith nodded and walked away, leaving the sentry with nothing but his thoughts and a darkened landscape.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Caitlin was frozen in indecision. How dare that creature take the form of Keith! What was he up to? The evil glow in his eyes told her that it would not end well.

She paced her room, her mind whirring. Finally, she threw caution to the wind and launched herself out of her room, sniffing the air desperately for her Alpha.

She found him in the East Garden, pacing in front of the sparkling fountain, its water doing nothing to soothe his mood.

"My Alpha," she whispered, kneeling in front of him, "I have a confession to make. I am so sorry."

Zac stopped his pacing to watch the small woman on the ground. Never had she been so softly spoken and he had never heard her apologise for anything. He raised his eyebrow and sat on the lip of the fountain, "What is it, Caitlin? Can't it wait?"

Caitlin cringed at the dangerous tones hidden in his calm voice, "No, my Alpha, I am afraid it cannot. What I have to say if of the upmost importance to you and the pack." She hesitated, knowing the consequences she must face for her actions.

"What is it?"

"Yes, Caitlin," came a whispery voice behind a hedge, "What is it that you need to bother the Alpha with?" Keith came out from behind the bushes, menace written across his features.

Caitlin went rigid with fear; the smell permeating the air. Zac looked at Keith, wondering what had gotten into his friend. Keith looked at his Alpha and smiled handsomely, "She is talking about her seduction of you the other day. She hopes to weaken your power base by alienating you from me. She tried to blackmail me into following her in a coup. Your 'mate' and the Braanan Were was in on it the whole time. I interrogated them after you left."

Zac growled menacingly at the quivering form at his feet.

12