Pursuit of Happiness 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, Michael."

Calvin presses a kiss to his mate's forehead, "I'll be back soon, my Sabine," and goes to his desk.

A tall blond female walks in to check on her. "Thank you, Sharilyn."

"Certainly, Alpha Ross."

He sets up his computer and waits, eyes closed.

Suddenly, his eyes open and he speaks. "Alpha Ross. This is Lyssa Forester of the Wyeth pack. This concludes our first test. Good evening to you."

The blond female attending to his mate looks at him. "Sharilyn. Did you hear anything?"

"Not exactly, Alpha. More felt something, I heard no words."

"It's astounding. I wonder where she sent from." He shakes his head, watching as one of their healers washes his wife, gently. "I'll report to the Wyeth pack in the morning."

As Sharilyn finishes her care of the Alpha female, Calvin walks back over to the bed. The healer straightens, then looks at the liquids on a tray beside the bed. "Alpha? Has she eaten anything this evening?"

Calvin closes his eyes. "She's having trouble swallowing. I was only able to get a couple of spoonfuls into her."

She opens her mouth, to repeat instructions to feed his mate as much as possible, then thinks better of it. They might be able to delay her death, but it was coming, and soon.

She nods, and leaves the room.

"Dad. Is there something I should do?"

The Alpha heaves a great sigh. The Alpha heir should be showing a bit more initiative. "Kiss your mother, go for a run, and contemplate your choice of Beta."

"OK, Dad." Michael turns and leaves.

Calvin sits by his wife's side, brushing stray hairs from her face. "I don't know, Sabine. He worries me." [I love you, my mate.]

Lyssa lowers the script. "It's done."

"I didn't hear anything. You're getting better all the time." He slides his hands up her arms. "Alright, then. Is there a movie or something you'd like to watch?"

She considers the question. "No. I think I just want to read for a while."

"Come sit on the couch with me while you read."

She picks up the fantasy book she's been reading, grabs the glass of wine, and curls up beside Emmett. Emmett, still naked, pulls out the remote and flips on the television. Finding something appealing, he drags her against him and grabs a bag of Doritos.

Lyssa laughs as he start crunching. "Have enough to share?"

He tips the bag towards her and she pulls out several of the triangular chips. He goes back in for another handful as she munches and begins to read.

She falls asleep against him, his arm around her.

He's stayed up far too late, watching a show. He turns the TV off and gently pulls her into his lap. She snuggles against him, her face in his chest.

He stands and smiles, looking down at her, and takes her to their bed.

He carefully strips her, then lays beside her, pulling her close.

12