Pursuit of Happiness 08

Story Info
Captivity and searching.
4.8k words
4.67
28.5k
17

Part 8 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 06/16/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KemMyst
KemMyst
1,302 Followers

Nothing.

They find nothing, see nothing, learn nothing new.

Somebody knew who took them. And that someone wasn't telling. And they had not heard from Lyssa since her initial scream.

Emmett was growling continuously.

Randall was short, and trying not to bark orders for the sake of doing something.

Ariel was still in estrus and barely holding it together. She was trembling, feverish, and not at all her normal self. Unfocused, she was unable to think clearly and could only stand by, helpless.

Erich and Samuel had the males, and a couple of the females, running close and wide sweeps around the den.

As time passes, and darkness begins to fall, Roland continues to look for his sister and Lyssa, windows open, scenting the air for the women, for other werewolves.

They looks for lights, they look for shadows, they call for their pack members.

The Severn pack is on alert as a result of the kidnapping. They had connections the other packs didn't have, so, as requested, they begin looking into some things.

No one had claimed responsibility.

It was hours later and still no call from Lyssa.

Was she dead? Were they both dead?

Would he ever see his mate again?

Emmett burst into grey fur and shot out of the house.

[Lyssa? C'mon, Lyssa, wake up.]

Joanna, frightened, tired, falls asleep on the bed.

It's after midnight when Lyssa jerks and groans.

Gerry, currently on watch, grabs a syringe, jabs it into her leg, and pushes the plunger.

Lyssa whines and lays still again as Joanna wakes and realizes what's happened.

The Wyeth pack sleeps fitfully, those who sleep at all.

The next day dawns to a completely unnerved pack of werewolves and some unwelcome, but not unexpected, news.

Calvin Ross has handed over control of his pack to his son. Michael Ross has become Alpha.

In an exchange with Randall, Roland, and Emmett, Calvin introduces Michael as the Ross Alpha.

"Michael, Alpha Ross, we look forward to working with you in the future."

"As do I, Alpha Wyeth. Until I install my Beta, Sampson will continue in that capacity. I hope this will smooth the transition."

"Certainly. I understand. I'm sure there is much to attend to."

"I have one more item that I need to discuss with you." Randall raises an eyebrow. "You understand, with the upset, the need to maintain pack solidarity. We cannot have other wolves on the pack lands. We will investigate the matter and report back to you."

Randall closes his eyes briefly. "Of course. Good day to you, Alpha Ross, Calvin."

"We should check the area for more clues."

"We cannot, Emmett. It is their range."

Emmett stands abruptly, turning away, clenching his fists, and growling. "They've taken my mate. Your daughter. We've had no word. We have to look at it again. See how they came in."

Randall's response is quiet, deadly. "Emmett. If any part of you believes I don't want to be examining the route taken by the kidnappers," Randall stands and turns to face his Beta, "then we need to have a very frank discussion of your place in this pack." Emmett freezes at the tone. Now was not the time to push his Alpha. But he couldn't let it go.

Roland sucks in a breath at the statement and the fact that the two were trying to stare each other down.

Randall grits his teeth, the next words coming out clipped. "We cannot start a pack war over the fact that the kidnappers crossed their range."

One breath. Two. Three. Four.

The tension climbs between the two. Roland stands, transfixed.

"Outside. Now."

Randall shifts to a large, dark brown wolf, Emmett to the large grey.

Randall breaks open the door as Roland yells, [EVERYONE, OUT OF THE WAY!]

As they run down the stairs, [Someone, open the front door!] The two wolves harry each other on the way to the circle.

Curious, several wolves follow, to find out what was going on.

[Roland, what's happening?]

[Mom. It's... it's nothing you need to worry about right now.]

[Tell me.] Although a bit shaky, there is command in her voice.

[Michael Ross is now Alpha. We have been forbidden from going onto Ross range. Dad and Emmett disagree and have gone to the circle.]

Ariel gets up from the bed, mumbling, "Idiots!", under her breath.

The two wolves circle each other, snarling, looking for an opening. They were about the same size and fairly evenly matched in fighting ability.

Emmett rushes in, trying to shoulder Randall aside and got a rip across his ribs for it. He twists, quickly, and rips into Randall's haunch.

They break for a moment and circle again briefly before coming together, head to head.

[STOP THIS!] Ariel stands at the upper end of the circle, arms crossed, glaring at the two males. [This doesn't help us find them.]

They stop briefly, teeth buried in each other's pelts. [This is not the time to get into some macho pissing contest. Stop. Think. We need to find Jo and Lyssa.] Randall and Emmett both growl. [Finish this AFTER..]

One breath. Two. [NOW!]

The two break off, backing away from each other. "We have to work together. You know that. This may be what they're after. Has anyone heard from Lyssa?"

[No.]

The two wolves shift back into men.

"So, either unconscious or dead."

"They would have killed her at the meadow."

"Or somewhere she can't send to us."

"This was a planned attack. They came prepared. Did they want one or both?"

"We believe they threatened to kill Lyssa."

"Then, probably Jo."

"Still, could be both. Easier than carrying them."

"But, for what purpose?"

"Since no one has contacted us we can only conclude it's for one reason."

The word comes out of all three of their mouths. "Breeding." All three then growl at the thought.

Thomas had watched, and listened. And he had an idea.

Joanna woke to two of the males watching her, and Lyssa, and some crummy movie.

[Lyssa? Lyssa, wake up.]

She's hungry and feels her nakedness before these strange males. She claws through the chest and finds a dress to cover herself.

She then goes to check on Lyssa.

"She reeks."

"Yeah. Clean her up while you're at it."

Lyssa was alive, unconscious, still, again, and had voided her bladder in the night. Joanna wets a cloth and begins washing her off, then drags her out of the mess and cleans up the rug. It was smelly, dirty work but she couldn't leave Lyssa that way.

After washing up, Joanna goes into the refrigerator for something to eat. It seemed that the males, she refused to acknowledge their names, had been in there. Most of the better stuff was gone. She grabs a couple of hard boiled eggs and a sandwich and crawls back on the bed to eat.

Michael takes a few moments to take it all in. It was happening, at last. He was Alpha of the Ross pack.

His mother gone, his father had stepped aside. His things were being moved into the Alpha suite.

He was working with Sampson, until he could get his own Beta installed. He hadn't told the pack who it was or where he was at present.

Jason is, of course, currently guarding the rest of his treasure.

He groans, thrusting his hips upward. His dick is firmly seated in the throat of a black haired female. He howls as he shoots cum down her throat.

It feels wonderful as she swallows convulsively, her throat constricting around him.

She releases him from her mouth, looks up at him, and licks her lips. "Is there anything else I can do for you, Alpha Ross?"

"Naw, Erica. I gotta talk to Sampson. Get going."

He puts himself back in his pants and watches Erica walk away, swaying her hips. He admired the view and thought about keeping her around after he was mated. His little bitch probably would take some training to become what he expected in a mate.

Maybe Erica could help train her. Mmm. Maybe both at once. That made an entertaining fantasy. One dark, one light. Hmm. He'd have to think about this.

Samuel alerts the pack to the arrival of two wolves on motorcycles.

Two Severn males had arrived to get a look around before the gathering.

They stand, tensely, just inside the gate as the Wyeth Alpha and Beta approach.

One of the Severn wolves was older. Dirty blond hair was shot with grey. His eyes a blue that was almost silver. He stands stiffly, eyes roving, appraising the approaching Wyeth wolves.

The other was much younger, with darker brown hair, and blue eyes. He also carefully watches the men that came toward them.

Samuel speaks as his Alpha closes on them. "Alpha. These two are here from Severn, to get an assessment of security and strength needed for the gathering."

Randall looks at them and grinds his teeth. "I'm sorry that you have come all this way for nothing. The gathering is canceled; we should have informed you earlier. We are otherwise occupied."

The elder wolf speaks. "I understand, Alpha Wyeth, that two of your females have been taken, but your daughter still reaches maturation this week, doesn't she?"

Randall closes his eyes and counts to ten. Of course they wouldn't know, the information had not gone outside the pack.

Emmett speaks up. "The Alpha daughter is one of those taken."

The younger wolf starts, his eyes wide. "Joanna?"

The question has all of them looking at him closely. Randall plants himself before the young Severn wolf while the other tenses, expecting an attack. Through gritted teeth, Randall manages, "What do you know, pup?"

The young wolf stands straight, staring at the Wyeth Alpha's upper chest. "Sir! I was out on patrol. A green Mini Cooper was driving over the limit. I pulled them over. Your Beta female introduced us."

Emmett asks, "Nathan Severn?"

"Yes, sir."

"My mate was also taken."

"How can I help?" The older Severn wolf growls at him and Randall and Emmett eye him critically.

"Don't you need to talk to your Alpha, pup?"

Nathan stammers. "Y, yes, sir. I mean. I only want.."

"Enough, Nathan. We should leave them to their hunt. We apologize for disturbing you. I will inform our Alpha."

"What is your name?"

"David Ellison, Alpha Wyeth. Good hunting to you."

The two mount their motorcycles and leave, Nathan glancing back once at the Wyeth compound.

"I'm getting sick of sitting here. It's dark and it smells."

"Quit whining. We only gotta stay here a couple of days."

"Why doesn't he just take her and be done with it?"

"If it's contested and he loses there'll be hell to pay. We can afford to wait a couple of days."

"Would you two shut up?!"

"Hey, Jason, we just..."

Jason snarls at them. "Hey, man, we're sorry."

"What part of 'shut up' don't you get?"

The other two males cringe as Joanna snickers.

Jason rushes over, snarling. "Don't test me, girl. I may not be able to touch you but your friend will suffer for it."

Nathan Severn parks his bike on the front steps of the den, dismounts, and heads inside. "Nathan. Your bike doesn't belong there."

"Marcus, I have to speak to my uncle."

"He said he was going to the training room."

"Thank you."

"The bike?"

"Won't be there long." [Uncle, may I speak with you?]

[A bit busy now, Nathan.]

Nathan strides for the training room and paces while his uncle Aaron and his father spar. They're grappling, shoulders straining, each one trying to gain advantage.

It looked like a scene from a Greco-Roman wrestling match.

Jonathon Severn growls, "Son, don't you have somewhere else to be?"

"There's not going to be an unmated gathering, Dad."

The two men stop, clap each other on the shoulder, and turn to him.

"What's happened?"

"The two Wyeth females that were taken?" The men nod. "One was the Alpha daughter."

[David.]

[Coming, Alpha.] David walks into the room.

"The festivities are canceled?"

"Yes, sir. The Alpha daughter and the Beta's mate were taken."

"So, they have not made any headway?"

"We did not discuss anything beyond the cancellation."

"Alright. That's unfortunate. Thank you."

"Uncle? Alpha?"

"Nathan, is there something else?"

"I would like to help them search."

[Joanna? Jo, where are you?]

They hear a vehicle driving slowly by.

Jason shakes his head at Joanna, while Alan crouches near Lyssa. The women both have claws at their throats and Joanna smells Lyssa's blood.

Joanna bites her lip. She wasn't sure if it was Justin or Jamie so her send would have to be broad. Her captors would hear it.

So close.

They weren't far away, but she and Lyssa would be dead quickly if these males felt threatened.

She wanted to scream.

Erich reduces the perimeter sweeps to a single ring and has again looked at the evidence, such as it was. The field they were taken from, checking satellite images of the area, racking his brains for where they might be.

The kidnappers wouldn't need much, just a small room or a cage to keep them in, food, and other supplies.

It had to be werewolves, another pack or rogues. But, who? And where?

It didn't make any sense. Another pack would be starting a pack war. They'd announce the fact that they had Lyssa and Joanna. If another pack had them, why would they wait to say so?

Alright, then. Rogues.

The pack ranges were tight. If they were starting their own pack, it wouldn't be here. They'd have taken Jo and Lyssa away, far away.

Without any clues, without any leads, they'd never find them.

But, the way it was carried out, organized, precise, didn't seem like the behavior of rogues. And someone would have noticed something, seen something, smelled something.

Sense. It didn't make any.

So, how in the world would they find them and get them back?

Ariel had, by sheer will it seemed, pulled out of her estrus.

Randall was distracted, issuing orders, consulting with Erich, Alex, Emmett, Roland. Asking for information from other Alphas, particularly Severn. He also asked if any of the packs' members were missing. As that was a pack matter, most bristled at the request. None answered him.

Emmett did anything to distract himself, running sweeps of the perimeter, sparring with Erich, Samuel, Alex. Trying to exhaust himself so he would sleep.

The bed was different without his mate in it. Wrong. He couldn't sleep there.

Roland wondered and worried about his little sister.

Thomas was out looking into things on his own.

The males took turns running sweep or searching by car.

Aaron and Jonathon Severn look at Nathan. Aaron mulls over the unusual request.

"I have had no such request for help."

Nathan thinks quickly. His uncle was pretty reasonable but this was another pack's business.

"It is to the benefit of all the packs that we have a gathering of unmated wolves. This will not happen unless the Wyeth daughter is found. I wish to help."

There was an earnestness in his nephew's voice. He did want to help find Joanna Wyeth. And, for those who were police officers, such fell under their purview.

"Got your eye on someone, son?"

"Dad. I won't get the chance unless we get the Wyeth daughter back. We're all on alert. Nothing will go back to normal unless she's found."

"Do you have some reason to believe she's nearby? Wyeth thinks their females may have been taken by rogues. You know they are already searching for their own."

"No, Alpha. I don't know that the females are close. But I have been trained differently. I might see something they haven't."

"You are being both arrogant and presumptuous. I'm sure they have trackers as skilled as ours."

Nathan clenched his fists and took a deep breath. This was not going the way he wanted.

He looks at the two older males. What reason would be good enough, without being 'arrogant and presumptuous.?'

Aaron and Jonathon look at the young male. Headstrong. Determined. Currently fighting for control.

[So, brother, do you intend on torturing my son until he admits he wants her?]

[Look at him. Even he doesn't know that's what he wants. Do you know how they met?]

[He pulled her over a few weeks back.]

"I request, Alpha Severn, to be allowed to assist our pack and my fellow pack members by finding the Wyeth daughter so that a gathering of the unmated wolves may occur. Returning her to her pack will help all the packs. Another nose and pair of eyes can only help. Sir."

"How do you find her if you don't have her scent?"

"But I do, Alpha. I met them about a month ago."

"I see." [So young, Jon. What is he, 22?]

[23, Aaron.]

"You will not neglect your duties to this pack. You will not interfere with the Wyeth's search. You will pay for the resources used and for any damage to pack property. Am I understood?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Good hunting. Go."

Nathan scurries off outside and jumps on the bike. He revs the engine, pops the clutch, and kicks the back wheel around, throwing up dust and leaving a black mark on the walk.

He tears off out of the compound, down the road.

Marcus sighs.

Joanna curls up in a corner of the bed, trying to ignore the males that watched them. She didn't know what else to do. They weren't that far from home but there were always two watching her. There was no way to get out other than past them. She'd never get away. But she had to before her birthday. If Michael decided to wait that long.

She had to get word to whoever was out there searching for them.

The males were laughing and making ribald comments. They'd basically taken over the TV.

And Lyssa. Drugged. Unconscious. Chained to the floor.

She'd never get them both away. She had to get help, for both of them. If only she could talk to Lyssa.

Joanna moved over to sit beside her, drawing the males' attention. One of them grabbed a syringe. She had to keep them from sedating her.

[Lyssa? Lyssa? Please?]

Lyssa moves a bit. [Lyssa. Don't move.]

Her eyelids flutter. [Uh, Jo?]

[If you move, Lyssa, they'll knock you out again.]

Tired, cramped, Lyssa stretches. [Who?]

Gerry crosses the room in two strides and jams the needle into Lyssa's thigh. [No! Lyssa?]

Lyssa yelps, groans. [Why?]

She loses the send as if she were falling down a deep well. [Kidnapped. .. Lyssa?] Nothing. No response. She was out again. And Joanna was alone again, waiting for the worst to happen.

The males of the Wyeth pack continue searching and patrolling.

Ariel comes close to breaking down as she collects Joanna's present. They had hidden it at the business and she now had it moved to one of the outer buildings of the compound. Now, they just had to find her.

It was Sunday and the gathering was supposed to start tomorrow. Joanna's birthday was in three days. Would she ever see her daughter again?

"Can't we go outside for a run? I hate it in here."

"No! Now shut up, already. You act like a spoiled pup."

"This sucks. We're underground. Closed in. Can't hunt. There's nothing good to eat. And nothing to do."

"Can it!"

"And I keep getting a stiffie and can't do anything about it."

"Then quit watching Nine and A Half Weeks."

"But I like the scene where..."

"I said, shut up!"

"We gotta watch one little girl. It doesn't take three of us to do that."

"Gerry, Selene, help me, I'm gonna rip your throat out if you don't shut up."

[I will maim both of you if you don't shut up. Michael said we watch the girl, we watch the girl. He says we sedate the other female, we sedate the other female. We've got two and a half days.]

"Great, you woke him up."

"Well, if you'd just..."

A snarl from upstairs makes them freeze.

80

Although they could be deadly silent, Jason's footfalls were readily heard as he came down the stairs. Gerry and Alan cowered and whimpered like pups. Their tails would be clamped tightly to their bellies if they were in wolven form.

Joanna wondered if one or the other might piss themselves.

Jason appears in the doorway, glowering. Cranky werewolf. Not good.

He growls out. "This is a simple task. Until sometime Wednesday we guard the Alpha's mate and keep her here. The other one gets another dose any time she seems to be waking up. Complete the task and we will be rewarded. Fail and we will be killed. Do you understand?"

KemMyst
KemMyst
1,302 Followers
12