Queen Yavara Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you have nothing to say, Yavara?" Leveria asked, "You were the one that called me, and I've been doing most of the talking. You're usually such a great conversationalist, and I was hoping to catch up with my beloved sister. Tell me, how is Elena doing?"

I didn't answer. There was no point in playing this game anymore; I'd already lost. I raised my hand to the mirror, but Leveria's voice stopped me.

"Sherok's dead." Leveria said plainly. I stopped my hand. "She was killed in a raid," Leveria said, "caught an arrow through the eye. I was told Elena was there when it happened. I hear she's changed, that's she's not even a woman anymore, not really. I don't know what you'd call her. Maybe just call her 'it.' I'll make sure it's taken alive. But don't worry, you'll get her back. One piece at a time."

"Leveria," I said, my voice shaking, "when this is over, you'll beg me for death."

"Oh Yavara, that's not you," Leveria laughed, "you look foolish when you make tortuous threats. But that's all they are, is threats. Threats made by a petulant child with no means to act upon them. I don't make threats; I make promises. I promise you Yavara, that you will watch everyone you care for die." Leveria's smile was still sweet and innocent as she spoke, "One by one, I am going to kill those closest to you. One day, you'll look upon the ashes of your kingdom and wonder where it all went wrong. You'll walk atop the carcasses of your fallen loved ones and stare blankly at their skulls. And then you'll see me, walking to you through the haze with arms outstretched. You'll embrace me as your sister, and I'll kindly slip the dagger between your ribs. And the last words you will utter on this earth will be 'thank you,' as you look upon my face."

My fist collided with the glass, shattering the mirror. The last traces of Leveria's laughter echoed through the cabin as I nursed my bleeding hand. "Stupid." I hissed, "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Goddamn it, Yavara!"

I walked from the cabin to find Prestira healing the wounds of the other slaves on the deck. I tended to the shattered women as best I could, washing the filth from their bodies and offering what solace I could muster. The Ardeni women blessed and thanked me, the dawn-elves treated me with caution, and the high-elf women stared in abject horror and awe. I simply smiled kindly to them, and washed their bodies. When they were dressed in clothes from the hold, I lowered the ship to the water, and the former slaves got to work on their new vessel. When I was sure they were situated, I lifted Prestira into my arms, and guided us off the deck. As we flew, I pushed the vessel on course to Ardeni Dreus. The Sea Serpent's colors had been lowered, and the Lowland flag was flying high in its stead. I held Prestira close as we glided across the sea, the morning sun breaching the horizon to cast the world in a dim blue. Leveria's words rang in my head the whole way.

End of Part Five.