Quitting Time: Last Call

Story Info
Cobie Smulders closes down a bar with a hockey fan.
7.7k words
4.6
17.9k
44

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: All right, this story is not real. NOT REAL! Not to be read by anyone under the age of 18/21 yadda yadda yadda! I'd love to hear some feedback as per usual. Please feel free to leave me a comment in the COMMENT Box at the end of the page. You see those big empty stars too? Maybe bump those up to five full ones? We wouldn't want them to be empty now would we? All alone like that? You're not a monster are you?

Also, please don't post this on any other site without my explicit permission. I've had to bring the hammer down on two thieves right as of writing and don't want to bring it down again. Don't forget to add me on one of the messengers too! Don't be afraid! I love chatting about celebs, story ideas or chatting in general and I like making new friends! Just as a word of warning, YIM is messing me around. So, if you add me and I don't respond it may be that it just registers you as offline. Sorry. Not sure why it does that any more. The best thing to do is initiate conversations with me and I'll be able, and happy to, respond to you.

Codes: MF, Cons, Oral

Celebrity: Cobie Smulders

*****

Blake Murphy sighed and flipped the sign that hung in the window of the bar to 'Closed' before turning the key in the lock. Having been one of the few sports bars in Los Angeles that was showing the play off game between the Vancouver Canucks and the L.A Kings, Blake had been busy all night long and being the only staff member on board had meant the poor bastard had been run off of his feet.

Running a hand through his messy jet black hair, the young man surveyed the scene in front of him. There was the odd chair on the floor here, beer pooling around the bottom of a table there and just the occasional ripped packet of chips strewn over the booths. Not really knowing where to begin, Blake turned the TV from the local weather channel back to the stored content on his Playstation 4 and found today's game.

Contrary to what the multiple frat guys had suggested, the green eyed man hadn't had chance to watch the game nor had the chance to even keep up with the score. The scowls and the 'Ah come on!'s from the crowd suggested that it wasn't a good result and his home team probably didn't come out on top. He had a good forty five minutes of banter between the anchors before the game started so he had a chance to take the money out of the register and lock it away in the safe. It was a tedious routine that normally took all of thirty minutes to do but it also meant that he would be able to tidy in peace.

Shutting the door to the office behind him, Blake signed off from the bar watch, a radio link from all the bars in the local area, organized by the local police force, and then switched off the lights to the inside of the bar, hoping the darkness would deter any possible drinkers.

The cashing up process was fairly mundane and dealt with in a perfectly orderly manner letting Blake get down just in time for the talking heads analyzing the upcoming game. Flicking the lights of the bar back on, Blake armed himself with a bottle of sanitizer and a cloth and went about cleaning up the stains on the most prominent tables.

Giving the first table a few squirts, Blake started to scrub at the wooden surface looking to remove some of the more stubborn spots on the table. Cloth in hand, the young bartender cursed the day that his co-workers had called in sick and left him to his own devices. Rubbing at the spot, Blake smiled triumphantly as the dirt was removed but that sense of elation was quickly replaced by one of misery as he looked over at the rest of the table.

Still, one down. Ten to go.

The black-haired man became a whirlwind of cleanliness as he moved from one spot to another, scrubbing at the tables and lifting the chairs upside down to sit on top of the tables. Moving to the front door, Blake grabbed a hold of one of the brushes that sat hidden behind the coat rack and started to sweep at the entrance. It was a little after midnight and there were still signs of the LA nightlife from where he was standing.

Tugging the broom out from its usual resting place, Blake was somewhat distracted by a royal blue Rav-4 that seemed to be stalking the place. It must have driven past the small sports bar at least a couple of times now. Shaking off the thought that someone could be watching him, Blake started to brush away the pretzel crumbs and chip packets that had fallen down during his sweep of the tables.

Collecting it in one of the chrome dustbins, he gave it a good rattle before tucking it under his arm and unlocking the front door. Walking out, Blake kicked the door shut behind him and walked down towards the side of the bar where the dumpster was. Emptying the bin, Blake carried it back, loosely gripping it by the handle as he did so. He pushed the door open and then locked it behind him as he placed the brush and bin back where they belonged. Grabbing the controller for his console, Blake resumed playback of the recorded game.

Surveying the bar, Blake only really had to mop up the floor and then clean the bar. Looking at the floor, he thought he may be able to get away with just doing the entrance and behind the bar. Plus, if the manager knew he was here by himself she would have told him to just go home. The neat freak and part of Blake that wanted to work in a clean environment couldn't let that happen though.

The mopping could wait, the bar still reeked of spilt beer and an awkward mix of cologne and aftershave from the mostly male patrons that night. As he lifted the side entrance to the bar up, he heard a knock at the front door and he could see the faint silhouette of a person there.

Rolling his eyes, Blake moved back to go and tell them to scram when he was actually somewhat floored by what he saw. Having been a fan of prime time TV before he got this job and then being one of the many people that had seen The Avengers, Blake recognized Cobie Smulders instantly. Swallowing his nerves, he walked up to the door.

"We're shut!" He called through the door as Cobie nodded her head and stuffed her hands into her jacket pockets.

"Yeah the closed sign let me know that! I just want to watch that game!" She said, accentuating it by pointing at one of the screen graphics that indicated that it was about to show the game. Blake looked over his shoulder, sighed softly and then nodded his head. He really shouldn't be doing this, it was against the rules of employment for him and the actual establishment but it was also against the rules for him to be here by himself and yet here he was.

Turning back to face the door, Blake walked over and unlocked the door, pulling it open so Cobie could cross the threshold and come inside the bar. She smiled at him and shrugged off her coat, hanging it on one of the hooks near to the front door.

"Thanks for doing this, I know you must be breaking like a million of your rules here." Cobie said, turning to face Blake as she stuffed her hands into her pockets and awkwardly looked down at the floor before looking back up at him. Unsure of what he could actually do other than shrug his shoulders and laugh it off, Blake gestured for Cobie to walk into the bar. Cobie smiled and made her way past the booths and over towards where the handsome bartender was gesturing. Grabbing the controller, he paused the game and shook his head.

"Honestly, it's okay. I get free reign of this place when I've been understaffed so long as it's clean by the time it's opened up tomorrow." Blake admitted, walking past where Cobie was standing and slipping behind the bar. He lifted the hinged, oak part of the bar and walked towards the list of bottles on the back. Looking over his shoulder, he lifted one of the not-so-full bottles of vodka and gestured to her. "Care to share?"

"Oh... I really shouldn't..."

"This stuff isn't that strong. Most of it's gone too, between the two of us we should have it finished by the end of the first period."

He could see Cobie judging the bottle and then, she smiled and relented. Nodding her head, she tugged her flowery blouse a little bit, showing off some of her creamy cleavage before looking over at Thomas and then up at the screen.

"I'm Cobie by the way." She added, leaning forward and extending a hand for him to shake.

"Oh I know! I loved The Avengers." Blake said with a grin, taking Cobie by the hand and kissing the ridge of her knuckles. She blushed and bit down on her bottom lip, looking up at the screen and then behind her. Her hand fell away from Blake's grasp and she quickly stuffed them into her denim skirt. "If you want to take a seat at one of the tables, I'll be over once I'm done here." Blake added, not wanting to add to the embarrassment of the superstar. He definitely shouldn't have kissed her. The Canadian film star looked super hot today. Wearing a skirt that was complemented by a dark set of black silky looking stockings that were partly on show due to the long boots she was wearing. Her upper body had a flowery blouse and she also had a light knitted shawl that she had curled around her neck, though sneaking a peek at her from the corner of his eye, he could see she had stripped that off of her body and laid it on the clean part of the alcove.

Blake lifted a set of nuts away from the set of boards that were hanging at various positions around the bar and laid them on one of the circular boards. Sitting two glasses down on the tray, Blake added the bottle of cheap vodka to it and then lifted it up off of the bar, doing his best impression of a competent waiter and moving to where Cobie was sitting. She looked up at him, smiled and scooted up, offering him some sitting room. Gratefully, he sat down and the pressed the play button on his PS4 controller, the sound of the game filling the room.

"You know, you never told me your name."

"I didn't? Oh jeez, I'm sorry! I'm so used to being called bartender, I've never... No, in fact I don't think any of my regulars even know my name!"

"Wow... They really don't treat their bar staff right down here do they?"

"I guess not. Pays the bills though, my name's Blake." The black haired, fair skinned bartender said, offering Cobie his hand for her to shake which she did do dutifully. Sliding a hand through her long brown hair, Cobie looked up at the screen and then over to Blake.

"Nice to meet you. So, who are you pulling for?"

"Are you kidding me? LA Kings all the way!"

Cobie made a very exaggerated roll of her eyes when Blake revealed his team. Blake, to his credit, took it all in his stride and shrugged his shoulders.

"When you get a three game winning streak it's difficult to not agree with them."

"Oh I see! It's just a case of games you've won that makes you a fan?"

"That and my array of jerseys I have back at my place!"

"Shame you didn't bring those down here. I think they would have been better at mopping up the beer."

"Ouch! Agent Hill bringing the burns!" Blake replied with a grin, settling into the chair as he looked up at the screen as his big green eyes watched as the puck dropped down and the game was off. Reaching forward, Blake twisted at the plastic drip plug that was wedged into the neck of the bottle, the whiff of the strong alcohol hit the two instantly.

"You're just lucky I didn't bring Romanoff down here to deal with you. She's very capable in bars." Filling both of the glasses to the halfway mark, Blake and Cobie clinked their glasses together and settled in to watching the game. The sound from the screen had been muted so the two only inhabitants of the bar were able to talk freely among each other, trading verbal barbs just as freely as they were willing to freely take what was left of the collection of nuts and pretzel snack packets that Blake had freed up from the board.

Popping a handful of the nuts into the palm of his right hand, Blake knocked them back with a swallowing motion. The handsome bartender accented it with swallowing the rest of his vodka. Clearing his throat from the burn of the vodka, he reached over and topped up his glass, studying Cobie who was popping pretzels into her mouth at random intervals. Grinning at just how unlikely the whole situation was, Blake almost didn't spot Cobie reaching down towards the table. Lifting her small tumbler off of the glass, she flashed him an award winning grin and shook the glass from side to side to signal that she wanted a refill.

"Get to it barkeep."

"You keep talking like that and I may just want a tip!"

Cobie was quiet for a moment, looking at him as he topped up the glass. "Well... I can think of a couple of ways to tip you."

That actually left the bartender stumped. He always had drunk sorority girls who would try to hit on him to get some free drinks, there would always be the occasional MILF who would be nursing a glass of wine in the afternoon after their kids had been picked up but none of those came close to the sort of sex appeal that was just oozing out of the sensual celebrity.

"I bet you can."

Blake and Cobie's banter died down as the sexual tension, or at least what Blake thought was sexual tension, started to bubble between the two. As the game progressed, the balance started to fall more in Cobie's favour and as the game progressed, Cobie became more and more insufferable for the young bartender.

Having polished off the small bowl of pretzels and nuts, Blake watched as Cobie took the liberty, lifted the bottle of vodka up and topped up her glass. She lifted it up and inspected it before tilting the glass back and throwing the alcohol into her mouth. It must have hit her with a bite as she winced at the flavor before putting her glass back down on the table.

Her big brown eyes roamed over to look at Blake and then up to the screen as the second third was about to begin. Her team had a fine chance of winning right now and the dull ache between her legs just wasn't going away. Her nails drummed against the side of her glass as she spoke again.

"How about we put stakes on this?"

Blake raised one of his eyebrows as he looked over at her, nursing his own glass softly.

"Stakes?"

"Yeah! Next goal scored the other person has to take off an item of clothing. Say Brown scores, I strip and say McCan scores, you strip?"

Blake looked over at the brunette and then up at the screen. The scores remained in the top left of the screen and seemed to jump out at the handsome bartender as if it was a bright, flashing neon sign. Tilting his head to the left and then to the right, he sighed and then nodded his head.

"Okay... Okay. You're on. Next period?"

"Next period." Cobie confirmed, beaming at the confirmation of the game. The buzzer rang and the new game was on, settling in a lot more rigidly now that they both had stakes on it and almost within moments of the first buzzer, Blake let out a defeated sigh.

"Your shirt." Cobie said with a grin, watching as Blake looked over his shoulder at her, smirked and shook his head.

"My shirt? When did we decide that you'd be the one deciding what I would be taking off too?"

Cobie flashed him a wide grin, looked him up and down and then shrugged her shoulders.

"You don't exactly have that much else to take off?"

It was Blake's turn to smile. Reaching down, he kicked off his shoes and then took a seat right next to Cobie, a smug grin on his face.

"Oh come on! That does not count!" Cobie protested, folding her arms over her chest while playfully pouting towards the black haired bartender.

"Do you not wear shoes? They totally count."

Before the Canadian had a chance to retort, the goal buzzer rang out and much to Blake's pleasure there was a goal from the Kings meaning that the Canucks were now tied.

"Okay... Okay! A deal's a deal!" Cobie said, standing up as the replay showed off the slap shot that had equalled the game. Grabbing hold of the shawl she had around her neck, the Canadian tossed it to the side, leaving her still in her skirt, shirt, stockings and boots. Blake meanwhile, was still in his jeans, shirt and socks. By his memory of the evening, it was far more likely that Blake would be naked much quicker than the female in the bar. Folding his arms, the man really started to hope that he had misheard the throngs of people who suggested that the Kings lost that match.

He could see Cobie flashing him the occasional glance and she seemed to have a constant smile just on the corner of her lips. She really was enjoying the threat of seeing him without his clothes on! Before he had a chance to dwell on it any further, she cried out in disbelief.

"You've got to be freakin' kidding me!" She called out, slapping her hands on the table as the buzzer rang for the second time that signalled yet another score for the Kings. That meant that Blake was winning! Maybe... Maybe he really could see Cobie without any clothes on!

Slipping out of the booth, Cobie took hold of the bottom of the shirt and slipped it up over her chest and then dumping it on top of the shawl that she had previously discarded. Blake did his best not to leer at her as she slipped back into the booth next to him. Her bra was a fairly standard black one but on further inspection, or as close as he could manage, Blake could see that the block lace had actually got just the hint of a mesh window that teased the hint of her nipples. Not staring at it any more, Blake's mind started to wander. Would those nipples start to harden as the game went on?

Focusing on the game, he squinted his eyes when the Canucks made some substitutes. Maybe this was it? He fidgeted in his seat as the game progressed. Apparently, his unease was noticed by Cobie who simply giggled before filling up her glass of booze.

"Nervous?"

"I heard a lot of noise tonight. Not so sure stripping down was a good idea." He admitted, turning to look at her and doing his best not to look down at the valley of her breasts.

"Well... With a body likes yours, you have nothing to be worried about." Cobie offered with a shrug, lifting her arms up and involuntarily letting her breasts rise and fall, the bouncing hypnotising the handsome bartender. Blake made sure to focus back on the screen before speaking again.

"Thanks."

"No problem. How do you stay in shape? I'm guessing it's not exactly a case of Road House over here?" She asked, looking around the the very nice bar. It sat on the outside of Los Angeles near to the suburbs so Blake would more often than not see either college kids or the slightly older clientèle. Sure, there would be the odd chump who thought that they could handle Blake or his boss, Greg, but they were all treated the same.

"Ah, I play tennis whenever I'm not here pulling drinks. Keeps me in shape and makes sure my guns are ready to go when needed." He said with a grin, flashing her a flex of his muscles, the hint of a deltoid starting to bulge for Cobie to lay her hand on. Playing with him, she let out an impressed whistle and nodded her head before squeezing it gently.

"Wow... I wonder if it's too late to cast YOU as Captain America." She grinned, taking her hand away from his arm and grabbing hold of her drink, throwing it back with a lightning quick movement. Wiping against her mouth with the back of her hand, Cobie topped up her glass and looked up at the screen, a flash of a smile creeping across her face as she saw and heard the buzzer fill the screen. Sighing, Blake nodded his head and stood up. Stripping his own shirt off, he tossed it towards the corner, managing to make it land on top of the broom with a unique type of ease.

Cobie gasped out softly at the sight, her finger coming over to brush against the scar he had along his side.

"What happened here?"

"That's a really old scar. Got it when I was a kid dirt biking. No my mom's never forgiven herself either." He laughed, suddenly feeling rather self conscious at the fact that Cobie was touching him. She took her finger away from his mark, smiled up at him and went back to working on the remnants of the nuts and bits of pretzels.