Radio Days Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I've got a lot of really good people to look after the day-to-day problems. I enjoy having contact with my fellow constituents. They tell me what's really going on in the county. I think being a good listener is my strength and it seems to go down well with the people.

Mel and I and a few other closet Red Sox fans got together last October to watch them win their first World Series in what seemed like a hundred years. Sheriff Rowdy turned out to be one of "us" as well as Dickie Bird. We are not alone in the Red Sox nation.

Tish, strangely, loves hockey. Ice hockey. She's a Calgary Flames fan and when I got satellite TV, she made sure she had the Calgary feed for all their games. Luckily, baseball and hockey seasons don't have much overlap. She does give me time in the penalty box if I've done something wrong (in her mind). So far, in our year-and-a-half marriage, I haven't gotten five for fighting. I hear we'll be going up to Calgary for a game or two next season. If Tish says so, it must be so. In the meantime, body-checks are frequent and welcome.

I know throughout this story I talked about Uncle Darby's "puzzle." You might well ask yourself how this ties in with what I learned. He was convinced the little radio would pique my curiosity and he was right. I don't know how he knew how I would react. It wouldn't have been that much of a leap for me to use it to win a lottery and take the money and run. Was he sure I wouldn't? We'll never know, but that's what it looks like.

I'm certain that Uncle Darby knew everything that I now know. Felix pretty much confirmed that when I cornered him at the wedding reception. So, was he testing me to see if I was right for their army or was he just having some fun with a nephew he genuinely liked. I'm sure it was the former, but again, I'll never know for sure. How about that, a family mystery. I love it!

Ernie is already talking about the timing of a run for the State legislature, but I'm in no hurry. I've got a beautiful young wife, a new son and a great job. Right now, my main objective is to learn to do this job really well. After that, maybe another child, and then ... we'll see. If you were expecting a happy ending, well, this is a pretty good start, don't you think?

The End

My thanks, as always, to the redoubtable ErikThread for his editing skills and helpful advice. Any errors or omissions are mine.