Rainstone Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pop!

He was gone.

"Switch?"

When his head appeared it was as if he'd moved the fabric of the world like a drape. "Yes?"

Sonya squeaked in surprise. "W-where is the man?"

Switch laughed. "You young ones, never have any patience. Sometimes good things have to be waited for, Sonya Bitterroot. He'll be here. You wait and see." Then he pulled back and was gone once more.

Sonya sat upon the grassy bank of the pond. She pulled the small jug of mead that she'd taken and pulled the cork, allowing herself a tiny sip. She had no knowledge when she would again have mead and she wanted to savor the honeyed taste. It was just a few moments later when she felt a distinct thudding under her body and Her heart raced and her mouth grew dry. "S-sir?"

Raine stepped down from his saddle, throwing the reins over the same branch that Ryder had last eve though he had no knowledge of his Prince's deeds. "My lady, you're too beautiful to be a lady's maid. You cannot be the one I was sent to fetch." He lifted her hand to his lips, his beautiful eyes never leaving hers.

Her heart fluttered and for a moment she couldn't focus upon what he'd said. "My lady! You've come to take me to her?"

He held her hand to his breast, letting her feel the pounding beat of his heart. "'Tis my truest wish that someday you speak of coming to me with the same sense of excitement. My name is Raine, my lady, and I am your most humble of servants."

Sonya watched as he easily lifted her bundle, tying it to the back of his saddle. "Will you ride with me?" he asked, holding his hand out to her.

"Y-yes," she said, taking the hand he offered and feeling his fall to her waist to lift her as easily as her bundle to his saddle. He settled in behind her, his arms coming around her, holding her close to his chest.

"Come, if we ride hard we should be at the encampment before night falls."

Sonya nodded, gazing over her shoulder at him as if she couldn't believe he was real. There was a movement behind him and she saw Switch's smug smile, then they galloped through the brush and he was gone.

12