Rainy Night Pt. 02

Story Info
She gets in touch after a long, long time.
2k words
4.05
6.8k
4
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/31/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Deji waited, prayed, and hoped to hear from her again, but weeks passed and the girl never called. The hot romance of that rainy night played constantly in his mind, but after a long time of not even hearing a whisper from her, he began to think it was just a one-night stand kinda thing. Maybe she didn't want to have anything to do with him. Perhaps she realized it was just a "thank-you-for-taking-care-of-me" encounter and she didn't want to make things complicated. Well, at least he got to have hot passionate sex with a very beautiful girl. Deji didn't want to ask about her from his roommate, lest he begin to wonder what went on between them. He decided to let it go and chalk it off as one of the things that happened in school life.

Months passed since that energy charged night. Deji had almost totally forgotten about the encounter. Hell, he was sure if he bumped into her in a random crowd, he wouldn't recognize her. All the anticipation of her calling one day no longer bothered him. School had just resumed for the new academic year and he was preparing for another long semester of classes, barring any sudden unannounced academic strikes or the likes.

He had finally decided to move out of the dorm room he shared with Tunde. His escapades with his numerous girlfriends were getting really annoying and several times they had had arguments over his inconsiderate approach to room sharing. This new school year he decided to rent a small room near campus where other students who couldn't find accommodation I n the dorms lived. It was quite convenient having a room to himself where he could come and go as he pleased without dreading whether an inconsiderate roommate was harboring another lay.

One hot afternoon about three weeks into the new semester, Deji was sitting in one of his favorite bukaterias on campus with a couple of his classmates. It had been a very long day in school and they were all famished. He had just unwrapped the three wraps of fufu and was about to dig in when his phone rang. Looking at the screen, he didn't recognize the number. He decided to ignore it and call back later. He molded a large ball out of his fufu and savored the aroma and taste that filled his taste buds, his stomach grateful for the nutrition. He had swallowed three balls when his phone rang again. Cursing out loudly, he picked up the phone with his other hand and hit the receive button.

"Hello?" he spoke into the receiver grumpily.

"Hello...Deji?" a female voice asked.

"Yes this is Deji."

"Oh thank God. I thought I had the wrong number. How have you been?"

"Errr...fine." Deji couldn't place the voice, although it sounded quite familiar. "I'm sorry who am I speaking to?"

"Have you forgotten about me already?" he could hear the surprise in the speaker's voice.

"I'm sorry, I'm not too good with voices." He replied.

"Okay. It's me, Deola."

"Deola?"

"Yes, Deola. Or have you forgotten about me?"

Deji put down the ball of fufu he had been molding in his hand. "Please, I'm so sorry. I don't think I know any Deola. Doesn't ring a bell. Your voice does sound familiar though."

He heard the person on the line sigh. "My voice sounds familiar, but you don't remember me. That's not fair."

"I'm sorry. Please remind me."

Silence. "Hello, you there?" Deji asked.

"Yes," she replied after a few moments, "I...I'm just a bit disappointed you don't know who I am."

"Well, if you give me a hint, I should remember."

"Well..." she said after a few moments of silence, "it...it was a rainy night, and...and you invited a cold, miserable girl in."

Deji's heart began to beat. Could it be?

"She...came from a far place, and you cared for her...fed her...made her warm...made her feel safe...welcome...you took care of her both in body and mind."

Deji jumped up, rather to the surprise of his friends.

"It's you!! Where have you been? You never gave me your number, your name, nothing to get in touch with you with. You said you were gonna call. I never got anything from you."

"I'm sorry Deji. I-I had a lot to think about after...after that night between us."

She paused. "When I finally made up my mind about you, I realized I misplaced the number you gave me. God knows I looked for ways to get in touch with you."

"Don't you have Tunde's number again? You could have asked from him."

"Why will I ask for your number from Tunde?"

"Sorry, I didn't think that through properly. But you know where I stayed."

"I couldn't come. You should know that. Besides Tunde and I have been through a long time ago."

"What happened between you two?"

"We had an argument when I found out he was seeing someone else. I never told him I came and I was almost tempted to tell him what happened between you and I that night when I found out."

"Look...Deola? How was I to know? I would have called you, at least to know how you were. I thought you assumed it was just a one-time thing and decided you didn't want to see me again. It's been more than six months."

"I apologize for that. Now you have my number and I have yours. You can call me anytime."

"How did you even find my number again?"

"I was digging through some of my books and I found the paper you wrote it on. I must have kept it there and forgot."

Deji heaved a sigh of relief. He glanced around the table at his friends who by now were listening intently to his side of the conversation. "Well, I'm glad to hear you again, and finally know your name."

Deola laughed. "Yeah. I was a bit confused that day. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do."

"So when do I see you again?"

"Someday. I don't know when, but we can plan something now we've re-established contact."

"Just to let you know, I moved out of the dorm. I now stay off campus in a room I rented."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Just you?"

"Well actually three of us."

"THREE?"

"Yeah. Me, myself, and I."

She laughed again. "Well, I'm glad to hear you again." she paused. "I never thanked you for that night. You really made me feel like a complete woman." She whispered. "I never forgot it. You surely gave me a lot to think about."

"Well a real man never boasts about stuff like that."

Deji looked at his friends who were chuckling at him.

"I...I really missed you to be honest." Deola said.

"I did too." Deji responded.

"I'll talk to you some other time. Kisses."

Deji ended the call. His friends began to make fun of him.

"Hmm EKUN!! Mo jeri e. You no dey slow."

"C'mon guy ki lo mean? It's just a friend."

"Abeg you think say omode lo n ba soro ni? Who's the babe?"

"Like I said, she's just a friend I met some time ago. We lost contact."

"Lie!!"

Ignoring the jeers from his friends, Deji went back to finishing his meal.

----------------------------

Deji felt somehow relieved she had finally got back in touch with him. Deep in his mind, he had wondered how he would feel like if he ever got to see her again. Will he still recognize her? It was more than seven months since that rainy night. He was surprised to find out he felt nervous. Anyway, now that he had her number, they called each other regularly. Those calls made him a bit more anxious to see her.

One Friday evening about two weeks later Deji was on his way back to his room from the school stadium. His department had just lost their opening match in the Dean's cup and everyone was either fuming or celebrating their respective teams. He decided to take a long walk back to his room to burn off his anger at the loss rather than wait for a cab and was just about getting to the school's main gate when a call came in on his phone. It was Deola. He cheered up immediately.

"Hey hey." She sang when he picked up.

"Hey girl."

"Watcha doin?"

"Nothing serious. I'm just on my way home."

"Where did you go? I thought you didn't have classes on Fridays."

"No, I don't. I went to watch a match between my department and the chemistry department. Dean's cup. We lost."

"So why didn't you play?"

"I wasn't picked for the final team."

"That means you're a lazy bum."

"Lazy indeed. There were better players than me, according to the coach."

"Boo hoo, cry me a river. Lazy bum!!"

"Babe, you're making me feel more depressed at the loss. If we lose the next match, we are out. This was the best chance we had of winning a match."

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

Deji sighed. "So how are you doing?"

"I'm okay. I just woke up from a long slumber and decided I wanted to hear your ugly voice."

Deji laughed. "Really? My voice's ugly?"

"Yup. Damn ugly. I can't stand it."

"So if you can't stand it, why do you pick my calls? Why do you call me every now and then?"

"Sometimes, you get used to listening to something so bad, if you don't hear it after a while, you start missing it."

"Deola, the next time I see you, I'll make sure I deal with you for this."

"Yeah right, you wish. I'm not a soft cookie you know. Because I gree you make you fuck my pussy or because say I don suck your dick no mean say I be softie oh." Deola laughed.

"Adeola!!"

"Hmmm...you said my full name. I think I like that."

"Who's talking about your name? Did you just hear yourself?"

"So what? Can't you handle just a little dirty talk?"

Deji crossed the main highway and walked the final block and a half to his building. Several students were arguing about the matches of the day. The sound of cars driving by on the road, mixed with the banter from the nearby market greeted his ears and he walked towards his room, finally closing the door, shutting out the din outside. They talked and teased each other for a while longer.

"What do you have planned for the long public holiday weekend coming up next week?"

"Nothing serious. I was thinking of going home to Lagos for a day or two."

"That's a shame. I was thinking that I could come over...maybe see you after a long while?"

Deji's chest beat in anticipation. "Really?"

"Yes. I thought maybe I could come over for the weekend and leave for my sister's place on Monday. Spend the night with her and come back to Ilorin on Tuesday."

"Why not. I don't NECESSARILY have to go to Lagos."

"I don't want you to change your plans because of me. That will be selfish."

"Deola come on. It is very okay. I've not seen you for more than seven months. I'll love to see you again. I can go to Lagos anytime."

"Na so you like woman reach? See as you just won change your plans. Okay. We'll plan a lot more then. Mind you, I don't each cheap food oh."

"You need to see the way you devoured my eba the other day. Dey form big chick there okay?"

"Like the way you devoured me abi?" Deola burst into laughter.

"Who was the hungrier one? You or I? Na you first start am now. You woke me up with..."

"Esh!! Sharrap there!!"

"Abegi."

"I can't wait to see you. Honestly."

"Me too Deji, me too. Oya, get the fuck off my phone. You're wasting my airtime."

"Na you call me oh."

Deola chuckled. "That's why I enjoy our chats. You are so much fun to talk to."

"My ugly voice, remember?"

She laughed even harder. "Yes, even with your ugly voice. Talk to you later sweetie. Kisses. Muahhh!!"