Ready Ch. 02

Story Info
Thanksgiving: Kevin meets the family.
6.5k words
4.79
36.9k
9

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/20/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
driphoney
driphoney
79 Followers

Author's Note: This is a ROMANCE story between a guy and gal; he happens to be black, she happens to be white. Looking for a fetish stroker? This isn't it. I must thank AsylumSeeker for his patience and long-suffering in editing my copy. All good is from him, any bad comes from my own stumbling mind.

*

"Are you sure your family's ready for this?"

"Ready for what?" she asked with a slight smile, her eyes focused on the road in front of her, already understanding his meaning.

Kevin glanced sideways from the passenger seat and quirked an eyebrow. You know damn well what, he thought.

"You should have told them."

Deonne had somehow forgotten to mention to her lily-white, redneck family that her boyfriend of over a year was black. Okay, so she hadn't really forgotten, she just kept putting it off. They knew everything about him but his race. She wasn't really sure how they would react initially. Yep, she had been a coward and now Kevin was going to pay the price when they climbed out of the car in a few minutes.

"It'll be okay," she suggested hopefully, "they're open-minded, not stereotypical hicks from the sticks. We'll just have to give them time to adjust."

"Dee ..." he started then stopped. Sighing, he continued. "It's one thing to be open-minded in general, but something else when your baby girl brings home a black man."

Her eyes grew concerned, a small, deeply buried worry that she had tried hard to ignore felt like a stone in her stomach. Taking her eyes from the road, she took in his strong profile, his hair, cropped short, his wide, almost blunt nose and firm, lean face that revealed a dimple in his left cheek when he smiled. Right now his brown eyes looked back at her with mild accusation. Race had not been much of a factor in their relationship, but instantly it had become this huge deal and it was all because of her.

Watching her face change expressions, Kevin felt a tight frustration pull at his gut. Frankly, he didn't give a damn what her family thought of him or their relationship, but they were very important to her, and with so many brothers, sisters and a plethora of extended family, she had a minefield to negotiate.

As she turned the car off the pavement onto the gravel road that would carry them the last leg of their journey to her parent's house that feeling of wholeness, of belonging, came over her as it always did when she returned to her childhood home.

Much about the area bothered her. The poverty and lack of hope that hung over the region decade after decade like a persistent never-ending fog had driven her away and made her weep for those stuck in its oppressive grip, but it was still home. The mowed off cornfields of the lowlands that trailed the river and gentle rolling hills covered in trees were now barren, cold and packed up for the winter. This would always be a living part of her, invisible roots buried deep into her very being, just as the roots of the old oak trees on the farm burrowed deep into the rich Ohio soil.

Accelerating quickly up the steep, curving incline, she announced abruptly, "This is where my brother slid off the road and flipped over. The van rolled once before it stopped. I thought we were going to die!"

Kevin refused to show fear, but as he gazed at where she pointed his eyes grew large as he saw the steep slope down the hill, a small creek meandering at the bottom.

"You were there? Were you okay?" he couldn't help asking.

"Oh, yeah! It was just John and me. It started to snow while we were in town, so there was a thin coating on the road and with the washboard effect these roads get he lost control of the back and next thing we knew, over we went. But Dad just got the tow truck out here and he and my brothers flipped it over and pulled it back up the hill. It fired right up and he drove it home. It got a couple scratches on the side and a dent on the roof, but other than that, it was fine. I was so mad at him. I wanted to drive and he bullied me."

"Was your dad upset?"

"Dad? Nah, he rarely gets mad. He may look like a night club bouncer, but he's usually a pussy cat. It was just an accident. John wasn't driving fast or anything."

Deonne's idea of fast driving had him doubting her on that, but he kept quiet.

The next thing he knew they were sliding on the gravel as she hit the brakes and made a hard left turn onto a dirt driveway. He was grateful for his grip on the dash as she slammed into a pothole the size of Rhode Island; chickens were scattering in their path. God. Does she ever slow down?

As she pulled to a stop Kevin was able to focus on his surroundings, the jarring from her breakneck speed over the rutted path having abruptly halted. To the left stood a large modern barn and several outbuildings with woods and pasture spanning to the right. In the middle was a rambling old Victorian farmhouse. Kevin climbed out of the small rental car. Okay, where is it? He knew there had to be one. Yup, sauntering his way was the scruffiest, dirtiest yellow mutt he had ever seen. And he was making a beeline right to him.

"Larry!" Deonne shouted, "Get off him! Right now!"

"Larry? Your dog's name's Larry?"

"What's wrong with Larry?" she asked, pulling the fishy smelling dog off her impeccable boyfriend. Kevin had never seemed so city-boy as he did right now. Wasn't he a tough army guy? But as she watched him brush dirt and crud off his black sweater, she noticed a small smile. Not so slick after all.

"It just doesn't seem very dog-like."

The front door opened and two very large men came out. Deonne had not exaggerated when she mentioned a night club bouncer. Coming towards him was Daddy Bouncer and Junior Bouncer. Both were wearing yards of hunting camouflage, boots and well-worn baseball caps.

"Well, look what Larry drug up from the pond!"

Deonne stuck her tongue out at her brother. Kevin was sure that only a little sister would dare challenge Junior Bouncer like that.

"Daddy, Phil. This is Kevin." Please, she prayed, don't let them say something stupid. For once.

Kevin took half a step toward her brother, who was closest and stuck out his hand. "It's nice to finally meet you."

Deonne's oldest brother gripped his hand and looked him in the eye. "Same here. Glad you could make it for Thanksgiving."

When Kevin turned towards her father his hand was already waiting. "Nice to meet you, son." With that he turned towards his daughter and gave her a long, hard stare full of meaning, and then he grabbed her to him for a big hug.

"Glad to see she managed to get you here in one piece. Seems to think a car is a plane that flies on the ground." Having said his little joke, he stuck his hands in his pockets and made his way back towards the house leaving everyone chuckling except Deonne.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she huffed.

"Need any help with your bags?" Phil volunteered.

"I sure do," Deonne piped up.

"Not you, river rat. Get your own bags. I'm talkin' to the compn'y."

"Nah, I'm good," Kevin replied, grabbing both his and Deonne's bags out of the back of the car.

Deonne pushed open the heavy red door and held the wooden screen for Kevin, letting it slam shut with a loud bang behind her. Kevin found himself in a large living room with a staircase running up the left side of the room. He took in the light green walls and worn, overstuffed brown couch and loveseat, built more for comfort than looks. In the corner was Mr. McNeil's obvious throne, a dark green leather Lay-z-boy, with a direct view of the older model television. On one wall was a fireplace, and next to the loveseat was a vintage upright piano.

"Deonne! You're here!" Rushing at her was a tall, slightly heavyset woman in her early thirties with long dark hair and wearing a loose t-shirt and jeans. Behind her was an attractive, petite blonde, looking overly dressed for farm life in a beige pantsuit and stiletto heels. Both were wearing large smiles.

"Becca! I thought you weren't coming down until tomorrow?" Deonne greeted, putting her arms around her taller sister.

"Well, Dan can't come until tomorrow, but I couldn't stay away," she responded before glancing at Kevin.

Oh yeah, Deonne thought, my sister couldn't stand waiting a minute longer to meet my mystery man.

Looking past her sister, she moved towards Phil's wife, Camille. "Hi, Camille. It's been a long time. I'm glad you guys could make it," she said and gave her a small hug. Deonne had never felt comfortable with Phil's wife. Her sophistication and quietness intimidated her. Phil and Camille were proof that opposites attract.

Looking back at Kevin who stood watching by the luggage, she introduced him. "Becca, Camille. This is my friend, Kevin."

Merriment lit Becca's eyes. "Hi, Kevin. We've heard so much about you." With that she gave her sister an ornery look and shook Kevin's hand.

Kevin smiled back, "And yet, not enough, I'm afraid."

Camille, more naturally reserved, politely put out her hand in greeting and Kevin realized that this sophisticated looking lady had the kindest eyes he had ever seen. He instantly liked her.

Receiving their room assignments from Becca, Deonne pushed her nose in the air and commanded in a pitiful British accent, "Follow me, kind sir, and I shall take you to your suite!" With that she proceeded to head towards the staircase.

Deonne trotted him down a long hallway and picked a doorway on the right. Shaking his head while trying to keep up and not bang the luggage into the wall, he wondered if there was a fire or something. Deonne walked just like she drove.

Upon entering his room, he took in the two mismatched twin beds with coordinated thin dark blue bedspreads, dark blue curtains and light blue walls. A small maple dresser from a bygone era stood between the two windows. Small children's sleeping bags covered the floor along with gym bags, toys, and young boys' clothing dumped helter-skelter.

Behind him Deonne leaned on the door, closing it. Putting the bags down, Kevin straightened and looked at her.

"You know, I don't think you've had a very good McNeil welcome," Deonne decided, her face wearing a look of mock seriousness.

"I haven't?"

"Nope," she confirmed, shaking her head slowly as she climbed over a gym bag and Matchbox cars making her way towards him. "And I think I'm going to have to do something about that."

"Oh, yeah?" A small smile touched his lips as he watched her.

Her mark in sight, Deonne felt her toe catch on the end of a sleeping bag, halting her forward movement abruptly. Throwing her hands out, she managed to land on her hands and knees at Kevin's feet.

Looking up, she saw Kevin trying unsuccessfully to stop laughing, his hand to his forehead, shoulders shaking and a smile unsuccessfully being kept in check.

"Really, prostrating yourself wasn't necessary." He couldn't help himself.

Eyes narrowing, Deonne reached for Kevin's belt buckle.

"Yeah, there we go, babe, now we're talking. A little personal attention wou -"

Deonne jerked hard on his belt, pulling him down. Knowing she couldn't counter his strength, she grabbed his crotch with her other hand, startling him and causing him to lose balance. He came forward on top of her, bumping his shoulder into a bed.

Dragging herself out from under him, she turned around to see his back shaking hard with laughter.

"You're a fuckin' secret weapon. We don't need an army; we have you," he announced while shaking his head.

Snuggling herself up against him and putting her hand gently on his cheek, she asked, "Now, where were we?"

"Making me welcome. Do you McNeil's always welcome your company by slamming their head into the ground and breaking their shoulders?"

"Only the special ones," and with that said she pulled his head towards hers and gave him a soft, tentative kiss.

Deonne and Kevin hadn't seen each other in three months, and meeting at the airport before driving to the farm, Kevin had driven the contact like a man starved. He had clutched her tightly and gorged himself on her lips. Even so, the length of separation had made her surprisingly cautious, unsure. He wanted to pull her hard into his body and drive his tongue into her mouth, but he decided to wait and see where she would take them.

Expecting Kevin to take the initiative, Deonne paused, her lips touching his. When nothing happened she drew back slightly and looked him in the eyes. He just stared back, waiting. She leaned in again and rubbed her lips against him. Sighing, she felt the tingle start between her legs. His lips were so soft, she rubbed again.

Letting her tongue peek out, she ran it along his full bottom lip, then she placed her lips back over his and slipped her tongue between his. Her tongue brushed against his even teeth, and turning her head she pressed in, hoping he would get the message and open up. She was sure she would die if he didn't kiss her back soon.

He stayed there, still, his fingertips gently caressing her back under her sweater the only moving part. Pulling back in frustration, she looked at him with questioning eyes.

With eyes slightly narrowed and a hint of a smile he asked, "What?"

"Kiss me back!"

"You want me to kiss you back?"

"Yes!" she said with a little laugh.

"Ask me."

"Ask you? For a kiss? Are you nuts?"

Reaching down, Kevin cupped her pussy. Slowly he squeezed. A pulsing began between her legs, her clit wanted more. He squeezed again and she whimpered. Wrapping her arms around his neck she pulled him towards her. Putting her lips to his, she was sure he had gotten over his little fun, but he remained still.

"Ask." Not a suggestion. Softly spoken, Deonne heard the steel in his tone. Her breath grew irregular and shallow.

"Come on Kev, kiss me," she pleaded.

"Un-uh. You know what I want." He smiled at her, his hand giving another squeeze before it started rubbing back and forth.

"Please kiss me, Kevin," she whispered.

"With pleasure."

He leaned forward pressing her back to the floor. Placing his elbows by her shoulders Kevin tenderly drew a finger along her hair, feeling its silky smoothness before brushing away the lock that fell across her face with his thumb. His eyes intently wandered over her face memorizing each curve, every freckle. Running his long fingers into her thick, short hair he slowly bent down, letting his lips caress hers. Unable to hold back, he grew more urgent, his lips hard on hers, his tongue fucking her mouth.

"I may have to take you out in the woods, little girl, and have my way with you. It's been too fuckin' long. Ain't no way I'm gonna spend the whole damn weekend with you and not get any, babe."

Smiling, she teased, "That might be an impressive feat even for a special operator such as yourself with all my bodyguards present." With that she leaned forward and rubbed her lips over his, inviting him back in.

"We special operators can be pretty resourceful when we need to be," he murmured.

"I'm sure," she replied.

With a groan he pressed in, turning his head and pushing her lips open, kissing her as if she were his last meal. Sliding his hands around her waist he rolled onto his back bringing her with him. He continued reacquainting himself with her slender body, his large hands running down over her back to cover her lean ass. He always thought he loved a big, full ass until he became addicted to Deonne's. He could grip its firmness and still slide his fingers down and reach her heat, which would bring his cock up faster than almost anything.

Her body was a perfect combination. Unique and lovely, she complained, but he wouldn't change a thing. Umm, her tits. He could feel them mashed between their bodies.

"Lift up for me." He pushed on her shoulders

Deonne straddled him with her legs, her arms straightening, hands on his chest. Deonne knew what he was after. Smiling down at him she saw his eyes devouring her tits which were now hanging away from her body, pointing right at his face. Knowing she was in for a treat, her breathing picked up again.

"Ahhh. There we are," Kevin whispered as his hands came up and cupped their weight, the nipples delightfully stabbing his palms through her shirt.

She moaned. Oh, yes. She always moaned when he fondled her tits, they were so sensitive.

The sound of small, fast feet barely penetrated, but when they heard, "Aunt Deonne!! Aunt Deonne!" they moved apart.

"Cavalry to the rescue," Kevin spoke with a smile, sadly pulling his hands away.

"Aunt Deonne, what are you doing on the floor?" Deonne and Kevin jumped up, straightening their clothes.

"Alex! Billy! Look how big you guys are!" Her eyes grew large, wonder filled her voice. "Timmy, is that you? You've grown so much! You were a baby last time I saw you, now you're a big boy!" Squeezing the boys in a group hu.g, she looked up to see George Junior standing back, watching.

"Hey, George," she said softly, "can I give you a hug?"

Always shy, the six year old pulled in his lips and slowly nodded. With that Deonne got down on her knees and put her arms around the boy. George was named after her father, and the man had been so proud he almost burst his lungs as he strutted around showing everyone the baby. George Junior had looked so tiny and fragile in his grandfather's oversized weather-beaten hands. Grandpa George bent over backwards to show no favoritism, but Deonne knew there was a special spot in his heart for little George.

Looking him in the eyes with a gentle smile, she announced, "I brought you something."

With that the other boys erupted in excitement, but George remained still, a slight smile the only indicator of his inward joy.

"But first I want you to say hello to my friend," she said. They all turned and looked at the tall black man standing a few feet away.

"Hey, guys," he greeted with a smile.

"Boys, this is Kevin." Her voice slowed, portraying wonder and amazement. "Kevin's a real life Special Forces army man. He gets to jump out of perfectly fine airplanes, and climb buildings and all sorts of cool stuff!" As she spoke, the boys' eyes grew large.

"Grandpa used to be in the Army! A long time ago!" Alex, always the aggressive one, piped up.

"How many people have you killed?"

With that Kevin shot his eyes to Deonne, concern showing.

Quick to distract Deonne turned and unzipped a large gym bag and pulled out a box.

"Boys! Let me show you what I got you!"

Immediately they started jumping up and down. "A remote control plane!"

Kevin noticed that even George was unable to stay still.

"I gotta show my dad!" Turning and clutching the box, he started to run off.

"Wait!" Deonne called out. "You haven't welcomed Kevin. Come back and say hello first."

With that the three boys hung their heads and shuffled back to shake Kevin's hand. Soon they were screaming at the top of their lungs heading off to show their acquisition.

Wrapping his arms around her, he kissed her forehead, "Your gift's a big hit."

Snorting, she replied, "I just hope it survives the trip downstairs. It may never get airborne."

"You ever flown the remote kind before?"

Smiling, she shook her head. "Nah. Phil'll work it out. It's really for him." Reaching up on tip-toes she kissed him on his chin before turning and grabbing his hand.

"C'mon, I'll show you around."

His welcome would have to wait.

*****

With laughter rolling all around at the latest story shared by Deonne's brother, Marc, Deonne, holding her sleeping niece, Kylie, leaned even harder into Kevin's side, smiling up at him. Sitting around the table in the McNeil's dining room was a feat. What once fit the whole family of ten was too small as all those children grew up and added a number of spouses to what was now referred to as The Grown-up Table.

driphoney
driphoney
79 Followers
12