Realms of Eden Book 03: Whirlwind

Story Info
Sydney begins his campaign in New Zealand.
140.8k words
4.71
14.7k
9
1

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 01/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sddconst
sddconst
97 Followers

Act 1 - Gathering Darkness

Chapter 1 - Birthday Presents

Sydney's head hurt and turning over to block out the daylight streaming in through the motel window did nothing for the rest of his body either. He groaned loudly and Peter Bond called from the bed beside him, "Not the best this morning big fella!"

"Please Bondy, don't shout," he whispered back, his groans started again as his voice sounded like a boom in his head.

"I think you better get yourself in the shower, sport. You have a jet to catch in about two hours and I don't think a particular birthday girl is going to be impressed if you don't make it back to Brisbane!"

"Oh no!" he groaned but got himself sitting on the edge of his bed as he envied the freshness and liveliness of his team captain as he finished packing his bag.

The man held out his hand to Sydney saying, "See you and Ian in about a month. Don't worry mate we will get them over there!"

Sydney shook the man's hand and using it as a support, stood up. "Yep Bondy I reckon we might, we were close this time," he replied and felt his head clear a bit in the act of standing.

He watched the man walk out the door then he slowly set about getting himself ready for the trip home from Melbourne back to Brisbane. There was a rap on the door as he stood in the bathroom brushing his teeth after his shower and had barely said, "Come in!" when Ian Creighton walked into the room.

"Feeling a little worse for wear I take it Sydney," said the man kindly as he held the door open for a woman to push in a breakfast cart. He thanked her and as she left Sydney saw him pat her surreptitiously on her bottom. He raised his eyebrows but his coach just ignored him as he set about uncovering the plates containing bacon, eggs, sausages and mushrooms. Sydney took a deep whiff and suddenly found himself on his knees beside the toilet as he noisily threw up.

He heard Ian laughing as he closed the door cutting off the noise along with Sydney's cursing of the man's ability to recover so well after the all night drinking session that had followed the team's win yesterday over the Kiwis.

They had lost the series 3 -- 2 but the team celebrated as if they had won it. Peter Bond telling him sometime through the evening that they hadn't won a game against the bastards in the six years he had been captain and now they had won two!

His teammates had kept him supplied with cans of beers all night thanking him for his contribution that was capped off with his second man of the match performance as he'd belted the Kiwi bowlers to all parts of the MCG on a very friendly pitch. Beer was his undoing, anything else he could drink till the cows came home without any noticeable affect on his state of sobriety but beer got him drunk. The tall muscular man surveyed his bloodshot eyes and the rings under them ruefully in the mirror then grinned as a small aqua glow appeared in his eyes and a small voice inside his head asked if he needed some help.

"No thanks Es," he whispered back, "I guess I will take my medicine like a man and remember for next time."

The worry over his little friend's condition was something that had plagued him throughout the tour. Es appeared to be exhausted. It was little wonder, she had not slept for nearly three years and the little bit she did take earlier was not enough. The final clean ups on the Project BF and the stamping out of its attempted revival had seen the little Zygotian using all her powers to keep him, Thelma and Martha alive. While he had recovered well and had been able to play very well in the cricket series just finished, Es had been struggling.

The dark-blue eyes looked back at him from the mirror and he thought hard and long about what he could do for his alien companion. "Es?" he asked softly.

"Yes my lord."

"How long since you have been home?"

"No please Enyalius," the panic in the Zygotian was obvious as she picked up his intentions.

"Why not Es, you have been with me for so damned long? Surely you have someone to go home to, someone who might be missing you perhaps?"

"No, there is no-one!" the answer was too quick and Esmeralda sighed, he would pick up on it and waited.

"Who is she, Es?" the man's mind voice was soft, sympathetic and despite his own sickness she could feel his concern for her.

"My sister Marmess, but she is on assignment for Nugua," Es couldn't keep the longing from her response. Sydney's mind wrapped around her, holding her almost like a mother would hold a child as his internal eyes peered at her with a gentleness that almost made her weep.

"Es you need to be held, loved, comforted by someone who is not going to go insane or die if you touch them with your sexy tail," he said softly.

"Please my lord, don't make me go away from you," now she did cry and Sydney's mental cuddling of her felt wonderful as his warmth increased and his cocoon of love firmed.

Gently Sydney rocked the small form in his cradled mental arms and sang to her. He didn't know what it was that he sang but it came from some memory deep inside his subconscious. It was a sound like nothing he knew he could produce with his vocal chords but as the clicks and tones surrounded the little aqua glow he saw it become softer, fading but not becoming faint. A sigh reached his mind and almost unbelievably a snore, he struggled to stifle his chuckle. He had sung Esmeralda to sleep!

"I will take her now, lord," a voice sounded in his mind, curiously like Esmeralda's but subtly different. A faint magenta glow accompanied the voice, the smell of frangipanis touched his nostrils and soft hands touched his mental cradle.

"Marmess?" he asked.

"Yes lord, Esmeralda's lover, not her sister," the voice held the hint of a little reprimand for the lie her lover had told.

"Do not spank her for the lie, Marmess," Sydney implored, "she has taken on so much and there is a long way for me to go in this journey. She is worried."

"Oh I will spank her lord," the voice was full of mirth at the man's obvious concern, "she loves it!"

Sydney found himself chuckling as the little Zygotian's mind images of his resident in the throes of, what he read quite plainly on her face, ecstasy. "It is something you should remember lord," was the final message as his carefully held bundle disappeared from his mind and a little giggle came back to him as Marmess, holding Esmeralda gently, disappeared into the realms.

Sydney shook his head as he cleaned his mouth out again, he couldn't even remember how he had gotten to bed.

When he emerged from the bathroom Ian was gleefully reading the pages of the newspaper, his breakfast plate empty of all but some sauce. Sydney watched him sip his tea whilst scanning the pages of the paper he had opened on the bed recently occupied by Peter. Pouring a cup of tea he took the lid off his breakfast and felt the bile rising in his throat again.

"Don't smell Sydney, just eat," came the unhelpful advice of his coach, his eyes never leaving the paper.

The dark haired man gave him a glowering look and Ian said, "No good being mad at me young man, it was you that decided to try and drink that bottle of wine from between that buxom lady's tits, not me!" Ian snickered as he heard the bathroom door open again as his young charge once again disappeared.

Finally they were on their way through the once sprawling city, remnants of the older buildings dotting the landscape as the hover taxi followed the old freeway through farms and secluded estates heading towards Tullamarine airport.

Ian had eventually got some toast and juice down the man's gullet before hustling him down to the foyer where the taxis waited. "You know Sydney I think we can beat them over the ditch when we go there in a month. Of course that is if you survive the next week. Goodness knows what Bonnie is going to do with you now that she will be legal tomorrow!"

He was concerned when he saw the man's head drop down and reached over patting the boy on his leg. "What's up mate?"

"I sort of promised that I would behave while we were on this leg of the tour and it seems that I might have broken it," he replied quietly.

Ian sighed and decided to leave it till they got on the hover jet.

They were buckled in and the jet up in the air before Ian relieved him of his worries. "You were so pissed last night," smiled the man, "that you weren't capable of doing much more than opening your mouth and letting the woman pour the wine. Oh yes she wanted you but by the time the boys were chanting 'Fuck fuck fuck' you had passed out! So stop worrying about your promise."

He grinned broadly at the boy before continuing, "I however was not so incapacitated!"

Sydney, lifting his head in relief, saw the older man grinning and suggested, "Room service?"

"Yes Colleen seemed to have a Daddy fixation that I was apparently quite good at satisfying," he said without a hint of embarrassment.

Sydney laughed, "Good for you Ian or should I say 'Daddy'?"

The man nudged his shoulder with his own and just grinned broadly.

Sydney lay his head back on the rest, two worries now out of his mind he looked forward to seeing the beautiful black haired woman. Though his body was very tired, his mind felt surprisingly clear and his internal grin broadened as the promise Bonnie and he had made to each other so long ago was about to be fulfilled. He slept easily and dreamlessly.

Kelsey met them at Brisbane airport, standing beside her hover opposite the arrivals gates. She saw the young man and his mentor pushing the cart containing their bags and the mountain of cricket gear that Sydney insisted on dragging with him.

Of course the media was everywhere and it was almost an hour before she was able to get them into the vehicle. She had already loaded their gear with the help of a very friendly couple of airport staff who shyly asked if she could get Sydney's autograph for them. Using her influence she did better getting the girls' photographs with Australia's latest cricket star as well as his signature across the Australian caps she supplied from one of the boxes in her hover.

Dropping Ian off at his home she reminded him about the birthday party the next day and told him to come around in the early afternoon. He nodded, confirming that he would be there and grabbing his bag waved them off. He watched the hover leave with a little sadness as he had come to enjoy the company of the big lad and the rest of the Australian team. Returning to his bachelor home was going to be a little dull.

He shouldered his bag and entered the house where he suddenly found himself in the arms of Ronnie Kelleher. He spluttered a bit as she kissed him soundly and taking his bag out of his hands directed him to go and relax in the lounge. He had forgotten the arrangements for the woman to come and check his plants and house while the tour continued through the southern and western states. He looked around his neat home noting the healthiness of his plants and wondered what she was doing here.

"Thought you might like a bit of company," said Ronnie as she placed a tea pot and some scones on the coffee table and looked hopefully at him.

Ian was a little concerned. A month ago he had seen Ronnie as possibly being the woman who might have taken him away from bachelorhood. She was a pretty woman, full of smiles and affection. Not only did she have a love of cricket, she knew all of the players, strategies and tactics and could converse about them for hours with him. Preparations for his new role as coach and his worry over Sydney had seen him push her away in order to concentrate. He was surprised that she was here and wondered if the little sick feeling in his stomach was because of guilt over his antics with Colleen last night or whether he was still a little hungover. He decided that he would see where things would lead.

"Yes, yes of course. Sit and tell me what's been happening up here while we've been gallivanting all around the countryside," he replied indicating the lounge chair beside him.

Ronnie Kelleher felt her heart give a little flutter and sat down. The pair spent a delightful few hours swapping tales about the team's travels and games as well as the antics of the women in Sydney's household. Ronnie felt so much at home with the man that she was almost tempted to take her intentions a little further than her original plan but realised that she wasn't quite as ready as she thought. "It was ok to fantasise," she said to herself, "quite another to start living them."

She noted that Ian was beginning to wear down, probably the result of last night's partying she assumed, and stood saying that he looked like he needed to catch up on some rest.

Ian was a little disappointed in her departure but found himself asleep almost as soon as his head hit his pillow on his comfortable bed. His dreams were strangely haunted by the soft features of Sydney's housekeeper.

Kelsey grinned as the hover cruised back to her place and Sydney asked what was up.

"Ian is going to be a little surprised when he walks into his house," she giggled and refused to answer any more of Sydney's queries. "All in good time young man," she said waving away further questions.

Sydney yawned and gave up his questions as the hover slid to a halt in Kel's garage. He reached for his bag and Kelsey stopped him with her hand and said, "I think you need to go and catch up on some sleep. You have a big date tonight and I am sure that someone wants you up and alert!"

The man barely registered her emphasis on the up part and Kel nudged him in the ribs. "OK baby?"

He nodded but was aware that he could barely keep his eyes open.

Kelsey opened her door ran around to his side and helped him out. He leant on her a bit as she guided him into the house depositing him on her bed. She stripped his shoes off, swung his legs up and shook her head, as the man appeared to be fast asleep before she tiptoed back out of the room.

"Must have been some party!" she said to Jo who had watched with amusement as Kel had walked the young man past her on her way to putting him to bed.

Sydney had not even seen her standing there with her hands on her hips and an expectant pout on her lips begging to be kissed. Jo sighed, "Well he better be fit and healthy come this evening or Bonnie is going to give him an absolute shellacking."

"As if she doesn't already!" retorted Kelsey. "Sometimes I think she pushes him a little bit too far."

"That's her job," came Thelma's voice from the doorway.

The two women spun around and rushed to hug the woman as she walked into the kitchen. "When did you get back?" asked Kel kissing her friend's lips.

"Last night but I was so tired I just didn't have the energy to do much more than crash out at my place," she answered.

"Well you look pretty good now," giggled Jo hugging the woman from behind and kissing her neck.

"I might look ok but ladies this Project BF stuff is killing me. But I am here to celebrate a birthday and forget all about it for the rest of the week!" she replied. "So I hope Bonnie leaves a little bit of time for me to play with him because if there is one thing I desperately need it's him to hold me for a little while!"

The woman's voice had almost caught in her throat and Kel saw tears begin in the beautiful green eyes looking back at her. "That bad huh?" she asked and held her friend tightly as she nodded against her shoulder.

Bonnie Gilroy was beside herself with excitement and barely heard anything that the teacher in front of the classroom was saying. When the bell rang Bonnie leapt to her feet heading to the door when she was brought up short by Mrs Kendrick, the school principal.

"Bonnie!" she called bringing the girl to a halt.

What now! the girl thought as she turned to facing the beaming teacher.

"I know, I know you are anxious to get home and see Sydney. He was arriving back today wasn't he?"

Bonnie's eyes glowed and the principal thought, My goodness if this girl doesn't get laid soon she is going to burst!

"Yes Mrs K, he should be back by now. Aunty Kelsey was going to pick him up from the airport this morning."

"Can you give him something from all of us here?" she asked and passed the girl a computer memory card.

"It's got some cheerios from the staff and some of his school mates. Plus there is some information on there that I promised him about some of the other universities. Though goodness knows that he may just be a bit too busy touring to worry about education for the moment," said the woman proudly.

She beckoned Bonnie to walk with her as they made their way along the paths to the exits from the school. The older woman let the girl walk a little distance in front of her between the arranged obstacles that prevented students from running around the paths and noted with amusement that the sun shone straight through Bonnie's skirt revealing the curls of her sex. "Where are your Angel's panties, Bonnie? It's Friday!" the principal gave the girl a light tap on her bottom through her skirt.

"Soaked them already, Mrs K," grinned Bonnie as she looked down at herself and saw the sun adding warmth to her already saturated sex through the thin material of her summer uniform skirt.

Mrs Kendrick couldn't help the smile on her face and with a gentleness that startled Bonnie the woman slipped her arm around her waist and leaned in close to her ear. "It's your birthday tomorrow isn't it?"

Bonnie nodded. Mrs K and her shared the same birthday and the wicked grin from her principal told her that she knew why Bonnie was soaked.

"I remember my twenty-first so clearly, I lost my virginity on the first stroke of midnight!" she giggled and gave the girl's bum a small pat as she walked out the gate towards the woman waving to her from the parking area. "Have fun Bonnie, see you on Monday week!"

Bonnie turned and gave the woman a huge smile before running off towards Jo who was waiting for her. "Where's Aunt Kel?" she asked as she slid into the seat beside Jo.

"She is at home," the nurse answered her softly causing Bonnie to look hard at the woman.

She noted the puffiness of the woman's eyes and in alarm she asked, "Has something happened to Sydney?" The woman shook her head. "Not Jenny!" and again was relieved when the woman shook her head again.

She reached her hand out towards the woman's face and gently stroked her cheek. "So what has got your eyes looking like you've been bawling all afternoon then?"

"Sometimes the world just sucks, Bonnie!" she said after a few moments.

"Let's go get you some party clothes!" she added feigning more joy than she really felt.

"No, Jo, let's go and see Kelsey. Maybe I can help too," she said and the look she gave Jo brooked no argument.

The two arrived back at the Gilroy's house and Bonnie saw Thelma's hover parked out front. "Is Thelma in trouble?" she immediately asked.

When Jo didn't answer she was out of the hover and running to the house bursting through the doorway into the kitchen. Her Aunt sat at the kitchen table talking to Jenny who simply pointed to the bedrooms.

Bonnie started down the short passageway and thought that Kelsey was about to say something when she was shushed by the little girl with a swift toss of her reddish curls. She opened her Aunt's bedroom door and saw Sydney holding a sobbing Thelma in his arms.

She held her breath and saw that Sydney too had tears running down his cheeks as he held the woman tightly. Bonnie back-pedalled and looked aghast at her Aunt and Jo as they stood watching her.

"What happened?" she whispered as she walked back towards them after closing the door.

"As I said baby, sometimes the world sucks," said Jo as she grasped Bonnie's hand and walked her back outside.

sddconst
sddconst
97 Followers