Rebound Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“Willow?” Mrs. Rosenberg called. “Are you alright? I thought I heard a scream.”

Willow looked into Spike’s eyes. “If you don’t let me go, I’ll tell her to come in and you are going to have a lot of explaining to do. Outside, in the nice bright sunshine.”

Spike smiled. Then he rolled over on top of her and pulled back to look down at her. “And how will you explain how I came to be here? Come on, Red. You know and I know that you aren’t going to do anything. Anything but tell her to go away, that is.” Willow made no move to do so. “Would you rather I told her you were just fine?”

“I’m fine, Mom. I just dropped a book on my foot.”

“Alright. Lunch is in five minutes, sweetie.” And her mother moved on.

“Now let me up!” She hissed.

He rolled over slightly to his side, his bare chest sliding over her. She slid out from under him, journal in hand, and went back to her desk, shaking with quiet outrage. She sat down and tried to go back to her essay. Willow had barely typed a sentence, when she peeked at Spike under her lashes.

He sat on her bed with his arms crossed, sulking. “Luv, there’s nothing to do around this place. Been ignoring me to do your homework and you’re working on the computer so I can’t use it. Won’t allow me to go through your closet again. You don’t have a bleedin’ telly in your room for me to watch. And now, you ‘ve gone and taken my book.”

Seeing an out, Willow said. “Why don’t you read one of those books, Spike? You know, the fictional ones?” She gestured to the large shelf of books which dominated one wall in her room.

She saw him stand up to peruse the selection and began to type when he interrupted her thoughts again. “Well, well, well. What have we here? What a naughty book, Red. Never knew you read this kind of thing. I’m shocked. “

She refused to let him bait her, but she had a pretty good idea which book he’d found. Spike pulled out the romance novel that had been shoved behind some of her more respectable tomes and let out a whistle. She turned around to see what he was doing. Spike was eagerly reading the back cover. “Dark Embrace, eh? What’s this? A vampire romance novel. Why, Red, I had no idea!”

He examined at the cover, which featured a black-clad hunk clutching a woman who was nearly bursting out of the top of her dress. Spike waggled his eyebrows at her. “Now this should be interesting.”

“Spike, don’t-“

”Shh, finish your essay. I’m just going to read this.” Willow was loathe to try to take it from him lest she end up trapped beneath him again. Well, that had it’s moments. Back to work! She turned her back to him so he couldn’t see her flaming face and tried to write again.

He had been reading several minutes when he began flipping through the pages. “Prattling fools! Talking themselves to death. When do we get to the good stuff?” He stopped. “Ah. Here it is.”

Willow got up and went to the door. She just couldn’t be in the room while Spike read through the novel’s sex scenes. “Pet, would you bring me a cup of warm blood when you come back from lunch?” She nodded but Spike was not looking at her, once again absorbed in the book. Willow sighed as she shut the door behind her. Hopefully, she could eat lunch with her parents and Spike would lose interest in the novel by the time she came back.

*******

Unfortunately, that’s not what happened. Willow walked back into her room with a cup of blood for Spike. She had managed to convince her mother that it was for a spell, a good spell! Spike was still sitting on her bed. The book lay on her night stand. He was smoking a cigarette and watching her very carefully.

She strolled over casually and handed him the blood. He let his fingers brush her hand as he took it.“Have a thing for vampires, Willow?”

“No, I don’t. That book must have been a gift or something.”

“Oh, really? From who?”

“Xander.” It was the first name that popped into her head.

“That would explain it.” He muttered.

“Explain what? And stop smoking in my room.”

“Well,” he exhaled slowly, blowing a an “o” with the smoke and before he put out the cigarette. “Why he always ties me up at night, why he looks at me like that, why he tried to convince me that he was a nummy treat . . .”

“Nummy treat?”

“Yes, he said he was moist and delicious.” He rubbed his chin. “Though who could blame the idiot. I am a handsome devil.”

Willow shook her head, not wanting Spike to elaborate on this little tidbit of information. Some things you just don’t want to know about. Besides, Spike and Xander. . .ewwww, nasty.

Spike’s eyes fastened on hers again. “But, back to you. So, it may have been a gift from the idiot. . .but I saw creases on the pages, pet. I know you’ve been reading this little book.” His head tilted to the side. “And I know exactly which parts.”

Her eyes flew from his and she turned to seek the familiarity of the computer, determined to ignore him. He sauntered over and sat down on the desktop. “Now, luv, you can tell your old friend Spike anything.”

Spike noted a twinkle in red head’s eyes as she sat down on the chair and tilted her face to stare up at him. “Hmmm. . .anything. Can you keep a secret?” She murmured.

“Uh-huh. Tell me all about it, pet.” He said, inching closer so she could whisper into his ear.

“I am curious about vampires. I mean, living on the Hellmouth, I can’t help but wonder about. . .things. And then, when I read that book. . .”

“Go on, Red.” He leaned closer to her, their heads were touching as she continued speaking, her lips brushing against his ear as she spoke.

“Well. . .its embarrassing. . .but sometimes I can’t help but get carried away. . .I begin imagining what it would be like. . .”

“Mmm” He said, feigning polite interest. His body gave him away. His eyes were heavy lidded, his hands gripped the desk, and his jeans were fitting a bit tight.

“Vampires are so powerful, but I bet they could be gentle too. . .”

“Gentle, uh-huh.” His voice was hoarse.

“Spike,” she said in dulcet tones. “ If I asked you for a favor, would you. . .help me?” She nipped his earlobe.

“Yessss. Anything for you, Red. ” His hands were shaking as he reached to pull her into his arms. He knew exactly what this favor was.

She put her hands on his bare chest, stroking the cool, firm flesh. “Help me with Angel.”

“Yes, you look like an angel, luv.” He barely registered her words, his mind in a haze of desire. He sought her mouth with his lips.

“No, Spike. I want Angel.” She gave him a gamine grin, that sparkle of mischief in her eyes. “And since he was your undead buddy, I figured you could help me seduce him. You must know what kind of woman he likes. ” Warming to her game, she placed her hand on his arm and said, “Buffy and I were talking one night and from what she said. . .wow!”

“What?!?” He stared at her fuzzily. What was she going on about?

Her cheshire cat smile was wide. “You thought I was asking you for something else?”

Spike looked at her, the little witch was enjoying teasing him. He answered her look with a wicked grin. He could play this game too, and he had a hundred or so years of experience on her. He looked at her thoughtfully, bringing his body under control. “Well, Red. I’m not sure your peaches’ type at all. I’m afraid you’ll need some work.”

Willow frowned, this wasn’t going according to plan. “I was kidding, ha-ha.” She punched his arm playfully, as she would have teased Xander.

Spike wasn’t about to let her off the hook yet. He hopped down from the desk and studied her. “Well, first of all, those clothes have to go. ”

“What?! I’m not taking off my clothes in front of you.”

“Red, I was talking about your unfortunate wardrobe. Remember? We talked about this last night.” He went to her closet, threw open the door with a flourish, and began to rummage around inside. Jeans, shirts, and the occasional pair of shoes were flying over his shoulder as he searched for something he deemed suitable.

Willow was determined to win this little charade. She sat on the bed, twisting her fingers in the lace of her bedspread, while he rifled through her closet.

“Aha!”

Willow stared at the article of clothing he had chosen. “That’s not mine!”

“It was a gift, right? Red, how come whenever I find anything naughty at your house you didn’t buy it? No, don’t tell me. . . the idiot gave this to you, too? I don’t think so.”

Willow stared at the flared leather pants he had selected with dismay. She had bought it after seeing the vampire version of herself in leather. She had been mesmerized yet repulsed by her doppelganger. She wondered what it would really be like to be that vampiric version of herself. Willow sometimes took the pants out and tried them on for fun. She knew that she would never actually wear it anywhere, but she liked the feeling of power they gave her.

He began scrutinizing her collection of sweaters, turtlenecks, and t-shirts with a frown. He spotted something on the top of her dresser. “What’s this?”

“It’s not mine. That’s Buffy’s shirt.”

He held up the scrap of satin with a mocking grin. “But it really is! She stayed the night at my house and she forgot it!”

He held out the gold top to her. Willow groaned. That top had been skin tight on Buffy. She didn’t know if she could stand to wear it in front of Spike. She took it from him and he began to scrounge through her drawers. “Hey, you stay out of my underwear drawer! What are you looking for? I’ll find it for you.

Spike backed away with his hands up. “I get the message, pet. You don’t want me to have my hands on your knickers, ” He smiled at her bright red cheeks. “Besides, what you wear underneath won’t matter the first time you meet him anyway. Can’t win peaches’. . .err. . .heart if you sleep with him the first chance you get. You have to take some time, make him chase you. That’s where the slayer messed up, playin’ easy to get. Remember what happened to Slutty?”

Willow’s eyes rounded. What happened to Buffy? Willow had a moment of clarity, she remembered exactly what transpired after Buffy slept with Angel. This was getting way out of hand, she had not intention of waking up next to Angelus to win a game of chicken with Spike. “Oh, I was just kid-“

”No, you asked me for a favor, pet. I’ll help you get that nancy boy if it’s the last thing I do.” Spike was enjoying this game too much to end it yet. “Now, you just try on those duds. Let’s see what you look like.”

*******

Willow stood outside her door, trying to compose herself before she went back into her bedroom. She had grabbed a flannel robe to throw over her ensemble in case one of her parents made an appearance. She smiled as she suddenly realized something, she hadn’t thought about Oz all day. When she was with Spike, she didn’t feel so lonely. It’s just a rebound thing Willow, don’t get too attached. Just a harmless crush.

Putting on a brave face she went inside to find Spike sitting at her desk. His eyes slid over her form from head to toe. His eyebrow raised at her obvious discomfort. “Well, then. Let’s have a look.” He crossed his arms as he nodded at her robe . “Take it off, Red. I always did love a good striptease.”

Willow looked off into space as if she were bored, affecting an air of nonchalance she didn’t feel. She flipped the robe off her shoulders and it landed on a heap on the floor. She then fixed Spike with an expression that said well?

Spike fought to keep his expression neutral. “You’ll do, pet.” He suddenly wished he could smoke in her room.

Willow decided it was time to regain control of this little contest. She sat down at his feet and looked up at him as innocently as possible. She almost felt sorry for the arrogant vampire. She laughed inwardly, he wouldn’t know what hit him.

*********

Spike stood up quickly and crossed the room, nearly knocking Willow over in his rush. Damn, he needed some distance, a cold shower, and maybe some bloody whiskey. He managed to keep his voice even. “Now that we have the look right, let’s call up the bloody poof and arrange a meeting.”

“No! We can’t!”

“And why not?” He asked slyly. Now she would beg off again, and he would let it go, secure in the fact that he had won. Well, he might gloat a little.

“I don’t know how to talk to him, yet!”

“What do you mean, you just walk up and–“

”Angel’s not like other guys. He’s not even like other vampires. It has to be perfect.” Her eyes widened in guileless innocence. “Do you know how to flirt with him?”

“I most certainly do NOT! Do I look like a great poof? Just because we used to hang out together and live in the same house, does not mean anything happened! I was completely wrapped up in Drusilla the whole time!” He crossed his arms and ended with a huff.

Willow took a moment to control her giggles. “I wasn’t implying anything. I just figured since you, as a vampire, have been hit on before, and because you know Angel so well, that you could help me.”

“You want me to teach you vampire flirting techniques?”

“Well, yes.”

“To use on Soulboy?”

“Uh-huh.” She moved up onto her knees. “Oh, please, would you?”

His eyes narrowed. “You’re really serious about this.”

“Oh, I can just picture it!” She gushed. “Angel and I, in love, together, sharing intimate moments and smoochies!” She ended with a big sigh. Spike looked like he was about to throw up.

“I don’t know if Peaches is ready for ‘smoochies.’” Spike was about to end the whole game when an idea crossed his mind. “Alright, luv. I’ll tell you what we’ll do. I’ll pretend to be Angel, and you hit on me. Then I can help you perfect your strategy. He put on his duster and leaned against the wall. He gave her Angel’s patented “wracked by guilt but pensive and brooding” look.

Willow stared at him. She had to try to hit on Spike. Her heart started to pound. She wasn’t at all sure she was brave enough. He smirked back at her. She could see by the look in his eyes that he didn’t think she was brave enough either.

She flashed him her “resolved face” as she got up and then walked over to look up at him. She looked like she was going off to battle. “Uh, pet, are you gonna hit on me or slap me?”

“Oh, well, from reading some of Giles. . .err. . .private collection of research materials on vampires, I thought slapping was an acceptable form of flirtation.”

“That’s a little advanced for you, don’t you think?”

“Well, maybe that’s what Angel would expect. Didn’t you and Drusilla-“

”I don’t slap and tell, Willow. Now are you gonna talk or make a pass at me?”

“Well, I can’t with you just staring at me. Tell you what, why don’t you sit on my bed. . .no, that’s a bad idea. Sit at my desk and I will try to pick you up. Pretend that you are at The Bronze.”

Spike gamely walked over and sat down. He couldn’t stop the small smile that played about his mouth. He knew she couldn’t go through with it. She gave him a lingering look and then glanced away. What was the little witch doing?

She glanced at him again and smiled shyly before looking away. Game forgotten, Spike watched her openly with a frown on his face. Sometimes humans were baffling. Why doesn’t she come over here?

“Spike!”

“What?”

“You are supposed to smile back and give me ‘the nod’!”

“The what? Humans! You must be more aggressive to attract a vampire, Willow.” Well, most vampires. “Now, get over here and say something to me. I know a line that works well! Drusilla used to say ‘fancy a toss, luv?’”

“That’s hitting on someone? Spike that sounds like sexual harassment. ”Or something a prostitute would say. Willow wasn’t quite sure what a ‘toss’ was exactly but she bet it didn’t involve a football.

“Luv, I can guarantee that if you say that to me, I won’t sue you. Come on, say it. . .you know you want to.”

Willow could feel herself blushing. “I think Angel would be offended by that kind of talk. He’s very sensitive.”

“Fine, pet. Ask me if I can recommend a good brand of bloody hair gel, then. Or ask me if I know any good recipes.” He rolled his eyes.

She walked over to glare down at him. “Will you please take this seriously? My future may depend on this. Now, here’s my line. . .are you ready?”

“Waiting with baited breath, or I would be if I needed to breathe.”

She smiled tentatively and then said. “If I followed you home, would you keep me?”

For a moment, Spike just stared at her. It was the most innocent and adorable thing he had ever heard. Oh, yes, he really wanted to keep her. Then, he remembered the game they were playing. He gave her his most mocking smile. “That’s it? That’s all you got, Red?”

“Well, have you got any better ideas?”

“Yes. I have.” And he promptly pulled her into his lap. She squirmed and he gripped her upper arms to hold her still. “Dru always started with action.”

“Maybe that’s because her sentences lacked a little in the sense department.”

“Hey! That was uncalled for, pet.”

She leaned in close and rested her head on his shoulder. “What do you think this situation does call for, Spike?”

“I’m open to suggestions.” He shivered as one of her pale fingers idly played with the neck of his black t-shirt. “If you have any.”

“Well, I was just thinking . . .” She slipped a finger underneath his shirt and felt the cool skin. “Since you’re so experienced and all . . . “

“Yes?” Spike would be willing to share all his knowledge with her. “You were thinking what exactly?”

She abruptly pulled away and stood up. Can’t believe he fell for it again. Sucker. Well, blood sucker. “Why don’t we switch places. You hit on me, and I’ll see how it’s done, first hand.”

*******

Spike made Willow sit on the chair. He now stood behind her. The little witch thought she could tease him and get away with it. "Pet, I'm going to show you my flirting technique. It is guaranteed to get you any vampire you want." Willow nodded, still not looking at him. She was teeming with anticipation.

He swaggered past her as he made his way the other end of the room, he only stopped to flick a negligent glance at her over his shoulder. His coat billowed around him as turned on his heel. Spike gave her an appraising look and then smiled wickedly. He began to approach her at a rapid pace, eating up the space between them in seconds. He stood over her and pinned her with his eyes, they were full of heat and hunger. Before she knew what was happening, he grabbed her up from the chair and held her against his hard body, her feet dangling. Then, he kissed her voraciously, putting all of his longing for her into it. He broke the kiss, holding her tightly to him for a moment, reveling in the feel of her. He then slid her slowly down his body to the floor, letting her feel his desire. His voice was husky as he said. "In all my years, I have never met anyone quite like you, Willow. You are unique, possibly the most fascinating woman I’ve ever known . . . I've never wanted anyone as much as I want you." Spike plundered her stunned mouth again before he released her arms.

Willow slumped down in the chair as he let go of her. Her breathing was rapid and she was dazed. Spike turned his back to Willow, reigned in his raging body, and managed to affect a careless expression as he turned to face her. "End of lesson. That's one way of catching a vampire, pet. Of course, you’ll need to change it to suit you. I doubt you could pick the bloody poof up.”

Willow could only nod at him, she had no idea what he just said. Spike smiled at the confused red head. He kissed her cheek quickly and faked a yawn. “I think I’ll take a nap, pet.” He strolled over to her bed and lay face down.

*******

When Willow could think once again, she noticed that Spike was on her bed. He appeared to be sleeping and she approached him stealthily. She touched his arm gently and pulled it quickly away. He stirred a little and rubbed his face into the pillow he was clutching. Perfect! This would give her the time she needed. Willow pulled her bedroom door closed quietly. Her parents had left after lunch for a movie. Apparently, the local theater was showing a foreign film that their friends were raving about. They had tried to convince Willow to go, but she was watching Spike. Willow had never liked subtitles in movies anyway. She went to the phone in the kitchen and quickly dialed a number. “Uh. . .Hello, Cordelia. Oh, I’m fine. How are you?”” She listened for a few moments. “C-can I speak with Angel? It’s important.”