Receiver of Many Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The River Styx came into view, its calm light caught in the afterglow of the setting sun in the living world above. The horses started to slow, the ground looming into view. Aidon landed them in the great stable courtyard and brought the chariot to a halt, finally testing his shaking knees. Behind the cover of his cloak, he adjusted his loincloth and smoothed down the front of his tunic, both stained with their combined essence and her blood. Persephone breathed lightly into the crook of his arm.

Aidon unclasped his cloak and brought the other side around her, covering her slowly so he didn't wake her. He wrapped Persephone in its dark and heavy folds; her bare feet protruded from the edges. Kneeling down with one hand still supporting her shoulders, Aidoneus brought the other under the crook of her knees, lifting her into his tired arms.

Persephone turned toward him in her sleep as he crossed the length of the courtyard to the dark gates and corridors beyond.

12