Recipe for Disaster Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,768 Followers

We changed course and we walked over to the staff parking lot. I opened my trunk and dug out my two treasures. I handed her the crystal and she looked at the map etched on the surface of the disk. She held it up to the light and made a face. She shook her head and handed it back to me. We returned to the imaging lab where Carol asked for the crystal back. She turned the projector on but didn't fire up the tower. She held the crystal in front of the projector and the design appeared upon the wall. We both stared at the layout and I was perplexed. Carol told me to hold the crystal as she looked closer at the design. I took ahold of it as she walked closer to the wall. She was pointing and commenting to herself as something became clear to her.

"It's a map alright," she said. "These parts here are the celestial aspects of the map. These must be terrestrial markers. This map must be really old."

"Why do you say that?" I asked and she pointed back at the star patterns.

"These patterns are all wrong for current star positions. I am guessing but this thing has to be at least twenty thousand years old. The universe is expanding and these clusters are too close together. I'd have to do some measurements to be sure but I don't think I am too far off. Where did you get this?"

"A family member of a former student of the university, he died a few months ago. I was doing research and his name came up." I said holding up the notebook now. "This is his log book of the digs he's been on. I am hoping to find some clues in these pages."

I pocketed the crystal and switched off the projector. I checked my watch and saw that dawn was fast approaching. We headed back out and found that the engineering department was packing it in for the day. Ivan was undeterred and was planning on forming a kind of think tank to examine our results and see what we were truly looking at. He said he would speak with Ian and they would work something out. I called the Chancellor and kept him in the loop. He told us to keep the group as small as possible for now. We agreed to get together early afternoon and create a roster of candidates to choose the best to approach. Carol returned to her room so she could get some sleep so she could think straight. I was fine since apparently I didn't need to sleep anymore. I walked into my classroom where someone else had set up to teach my class. He informed me the Chancellor had asked him to cover for me since I was working on a priority project. I shrugged and handed him the tests I had graded.

I had six hours to get something accomplished. I took Squiggles' journal and sat down to read it. I went to the student lounge and found a couch to lie on so I could be comfortable while I digested thirty years of a man's life. I read through each and every dig that he had been on. Each site was diligently documented with gorgeously drawn maps and notations of where artifacts had been discovered. He also listed the objects and any notes of interest about that item. He also made notes of any unusual items, marking or events that he thought significant.

I discovered later that the last pages of the journal were dedicated to those strange items. He began to draw conclusions about those unusual items that were chilling to read. It took a lot not to skip to the end and read all of his thoughts on the freakish items he had collected. I reached the dig where he and his wife were married. The captain of the ship did performed the ceremony. According to his notes everything went downhill from there.

I don't know what was more disturbing the fact that the dig was sponsored by Miskatonic University or that it was located on a rarely visited portion of Antarctica. If the university had sent an archaeological dig to the South Pole why hadn't I ever heard about it? That is like ground breaking and worthy of a ton of publicity. Had something happened? I delved eagerly into the events that happened twenty years ago.

I closed the journal and fought the urge to hurl it at the nearest wall. I took a deep breath and opened the end of the book. I paged backwards to the Antarctic dig and the list of items and events. Now I understood his mindset. Now I knew why he hadn't sought out the scroll to heal his cancer. He wanted to die. He was deathly afraid of what he felt was going to happen. I needed to see her again and get her take on what I had read. I looked at the clock and figured I could drive out there, have a quick chat and be back before I had to sit down with Ivan, Ian and the others to create our roster. I closed the journal and headed out to the parking lot.

On the drive up I went over everything that I had read trying to reevaluate the conclusions the author had come to. If I was being honest with myself there was quite a bit of it that I simply didn't understand or even had a reference to. I made the turn onto the angled driveway up towards the widow's house. As I neared her home I noticed that the work crew of the last house was absent. Maybe they were working inside today. I pulled into her driveway and collected my thoughts even as I got out of my car. I walked towards the front door when I heard the sounds. I stopped short of ringing the bell. I walked along the front porch and peered through one of the windows. There was the widow in the middle of a fourway. She was on her belly with one guy in her pussy, one in her ass and a third down her throat.

"I guess they are working on her instead of that house," I said to myself.

They were all completely immersed in the moment. I couldn't see her face properly but her profile was quite erotic. The guy fucking her throat was really going to town on her. I saw the tears streaming down her face but she was obviously a willing participant. She probably dosed herself again. I watched as they took turns at her until they finished in a brilliant triple climax. One shot down her throat, another on her tits and the third deep in her ass. One guy shouted that they were late and I watched the mad dash for them to dress and race out the back door. The Widow walked to her bathroom and washed up. I gave her time to wash up before I rang the doorbell. She came to the door humming a little tune and opened it wearing only a loose fitting robe and a smile.

"Hello handsome, you just missed the party," she giggled.

"I got to watch the climax," I told her as I followed her inside.

"Did you, mmmmm I wish I would have seen you," she purred. "That would have really got my juices flowing. So what do you think?"

"You like sex a lot," I told her and she nodded.

"That's true, but that isn't what I was talking about. You've read his journal, what did you think? That is why you are here or are you wanting another go at me?"

"I want to know about Antarctica," I said and the color drained from her face.

"It was horrible," she said. "We lost a lot of good people on that dig. It was my sixth dig with him and my last. We returned to Arkham and got married, it was the ceremony for friends and family. We agreed to never speak of what happened and we both kept that promise until the day he died. He knew about the cancer and never took a single treatment to halt its spread. He wanted to die. Is that what you wanted to hear? The man I loved with all my heart wanted to die."

"I'm sorry," I said.

"I need to wash up; do you want to scrub my back?" She said changing the topic. "Those three were just a warm up for you and me. What do you say... you wanna fuck my holes and let me feel what a real man can do to me?"

"I have a counter offer," I told her watching as her eyes widened in anticipation. "I come over here bright and early Sunday morning and I don't leave until the sun goes down. But you abstain from any and all sexual activity until then."

"Wait a minute that's..." she gasped as she counted on her fingers and held up her hand. "You want me to go that long without sex?"

"Yep," I replied. "What do you say?"

"Well if I am going without so do you," she replied. "I'm not going to be the only one suffering."

"Fine," I growled. "I agree. I have to go. I have a monolith to decipher."

"What monolith?" She asked.

"It's been all over the news," I said and then launched into the basic facts about what had occurred so far.

"What do these characters look like?"

I grabbed a pen out of my pocket and picked up one of her magazines and drew the one symbol I had been practicing in my office. I handed her the magazine and she dropped it when she saw the sketch. Shaking she went to her bedroom and returned with a hard bound book. She handed me the book and I looked at it. My jaw fell open when I got a good look at it. I opened it to confirm my hunch. The Latin text cinched it this was one of the four known copies of the Mal Contentis left in existence. It wasn't quite in pristine condition but it was in good shape.

"Where the hell did you get this?" I asked.

"It belonged to Squiggles," she said. "Take it... it will help you translate those glyphs. I'll see you on Sunday."

She turned and left me holding the rare tome. I closed it and left the widow to her dark thoughts. I made it back to the University with enough time to grab a large coffee and a deeper regret that I had ever laid eyes on that goddamn monolith or the fucking scroll. I walked into the room and looked at the others around the table. They were some of the brightest students at Miskatonic University and I was confident that we would solve this enigma. I sat down between Ian and Carol. Since we were told to keep our numbers to a minimum we decided on choosing five people to add to the team. The roster of candidates was passed around and each department argued over several students that they felt were the best fit for the group.

When my time came I looked at the top ten students with the highest GPA. Some of them I was familiar with while others I had not had the opportunity to teach or interact with. I asked about some of the students I hadn't worked with and one of the student counselors chosen by the Chancellor to aid us in our choice gave me a rundown of their strengths and weaknesses. One of the men I asked about caused a stir and Ivan told me that one was a mistake and shouldn't be on the list. When I asked why I learned he was the masked man that had broken into my apartment. He had pleaded guilty and was serving time for his crimes. I decided on a student that I was familiar with and chose him for our team. I left to take a break after the little oversight on the counselor's part. She had made up the list after all.

I texted my mom to make sure she was okay. I was feeling vulnerable at that moment and wanted to make sure those I loved were safe. She called me back and I walked down the hall as we talked.

"Hey mom," I said answering her call. "I just needed to know that you were okay."

"I'm fine sweetie," she replied. "You sound upset, are you alright?"

"I am going to stop by and spend some time if that is okay. I think I need a break."

"Sure honey, come on by... your dad just left on his annual fishing trip."

Carol was standing there when I turned around. I told her I was heading home for a few hours. She gave me a hug and understood. She said she would explain and told me the others would understand. I kissed her cheek and left. I drove home and I was shaking like a leaf. I had hit my breaking point. I didn't know what to believe anymore. I had the Widow's face in my mind and how she looked when she handed me her copy of the Mal Contentis. It haunted me. I managed to get to my mom's house in one piece. I rang the bell and she met me at the door and I hugged her as the damn burst inside. She held me as I wept and the mix or fear and anger erupted from deep within. I don't know how long I stood there but she held me as long as I needed it.

"Thanks mom," I said at last and she just smiled and offered me something to drink.

"I am always here for you," she said.

I followed her into the kitchen. She poured me a glass of juice and we sat down and talked. I didn't know what to tell her and what to leave out. How does a parent react when her child says, oh by the way I think I may have discovered a recipe for an immortality elixir? I sat there letting all the things bothering me and dismissed most of them as too toxic or farfetched to bring up to her. Mom just sat there sipping her coffee and waited patiently for me to speak. I started and stopped half a dozen times before I found the right words.

"There are some things going on that I don't know how to handle." I told her. "Some of it is so far out there I don't have anyone to talk about it to."

"You know you can talk to me about anything," she said.

"Eh... I'm not sure I want to hurt you or expose you to the things that are bothering me."

"Is it illegal?" She asked and I shook my head. "Well that's a relief. Is it about us?" I shook my head again and she looked relieved. "Is it about school?"

"Yes and no," I said. "There is a project going on at school that has some pretty disturbing implications."

"Is this about that stone thingy that showed up on campus?" She asked and I nodded. "How the hell did they move something that big without someone seeing or hearing something?"

"We are trying to figure it out," I assured her. "But there are other things about the monolith that are even more upsetting. But we'll figure it out in the end."

"I know you will," she said. "I thought you were angry at me after I visited you. I'm glad to find out that it's been school that has kept you away."

"I love you Mom," I said and she smiled. "Maybe I can stop by for dinner?"

"I'd like that."

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,768 Followers