Red Dress

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,316 Followers

I decided to stop for the night. It was a busy day and I felt the ladies could use a warm shower and a soft bed. I got a room with two beds. We put all their new clothing on the bed and I pointed to the shower before leaving. I called Jack, and he told me to take my time getting back. I didn't tell him about my passengers. He would find out in the morning. I don't know if he wanted a cook and a housekeeper, but he was going to get one anyhow. I had to chuckle to myself.

After about an hour I figured it was time to go back. I picked up a complete KFC meal for three. They were both clean and shiny when I returned to the room.

"My name is Bob." The smile I received for that small comment was worth all the money I gave Sam Walton.

"Myra." She said as she pointed to herself. She smiled again and pointed to the little girl, "Pitina." She pointed to me and said, "Bob."

Geeze, it was like a comic version of an old Tarzan movie. I couldn't keep from laughing and in a second, all three of us were doing it. The chicken and side dishes disappeared in a hurry. By this time, I was as hungry as they were. Naturally, we didn't have much to talk about. After we cleaned up from the meal, I pointed to one of the beds and laid down in the other one. I wanted to shower, but decided not to. I slept on top of the bed spread with my clothes on. Myra seemed to feel comfortable with that. She and Pitina both slept in their new clothing.

I was afraid to try going into a restaurant, so breakfast the next day was a couple of McMuffins from the dive through. We were back at the ranch before noon.

Well, Jack thought the whole thing was a hoot. The ranch house had plenty of rooms, so there was no problem getting Myra and Pitina settled in. Jack spoke a little Spanish and quickly found out that Pitina was Myra's daughter, and that her husband was dead. She was trying to reach her brother, who was working as a bricklayer in Alabama. When the truck turned over, most of the people stayed there. Myra decided it was better to try and walk away from the accident. I guess that turned out to be a good decision on her part.

Jack made lunch for us all and told Myra that she would have to cook the meals from now on. She seemed to like that, and so did I. Jack wasn't a very good cook. When the boys got home from school they seemed to be pleased to see Myra. They were really happy after the supper she made for us. I didn't know what a lot of the stuff was, but it tasted good. She gave Jack a list of groceries she needed to stock the kitchen. It was in Spanish, but that would be no problem in Trinidad. Looks like I would have to learn some Spanish while I was teaching her English. I could teach her words, but her grammar would be as bad as mine.

Myra quickly settled into a routine. She was washing, cleaning, cooking, and keeping the household running. Jack was relieved not to have to do it. She was also picking up English at a nice pace. I now know now, where the expression "Spanglish" comes from. Using a little bit of both, she was getting pretty good at expressing herself. Since Pitina was spending a lot of time with the boys and the TV, she was learning at a much faster rate than her mother. Sometimes, she would have to explain things to Myra. Her mother actually thought it was convenient. Next year, Pitina would have to start school, so we were glad to see her doing so well.

My divorce from Carla was finally completed. A couple days later, she sent a few boxes by UPS, with the boy's clothing and other items, including their original birth certificates. Nothing of mine was in the boxes. There was no note, letter or anything else of that nature. I was interested in what she was doing, but not enough to make any inquiries. Myra asked Jack why I was so happy. He told her in Spanish, and she left the room with a big smile on her face. I think that was a good sign.

Since Myra had an address and cell phone number for her brother, she was able to call him. He was sorry he didn't get to see her, but glad that she was all right. Making the call seemed to tie up some loose ends that she had.

The boys were getting to be experts with the horses. After everything was painted, we spent a lot of time just fixing up the place. We did things that Jack could never get around to doing. Instead of being just a ratty old cowboy ranch, it was getting to be more of a resort ranch. Several of the people who kept their horses with Jack were asking if they could stay at the ranch rather than at a motel downtown. We had plenty of extra rooms and Myra thought it was a good idea if she could get a cut of the action. She said that with a little giggle, but Jack actually thought it was a good idea. It would include supper and breakfast with the ranch hands, as well as a room. Jack had to get a license and put in fire monitors, but a month later Myra had her own B & B.

A few weeks after that, there was a small write-up in the Santa Fe newspaper about the ranch, and before you know it, the Lazy J was a booming tourist attraction. Jack had to buy some horses, so the tourists had something to ride. He also had to get a computer, which the boys had set up in no time. Thank god for Direct TV satellite computer service.

Things slowed down quite a bit over the winter. Jack had an addition put on the side of the house with four more rooms. Myra got a new Viking stove and Jason got his learner's permit. I spent a lot of time painting, sanding, staining and just working. I was glad that Jack and the boys did most of the work with the horses. During the evenings, the boys worked on the web site for the ranch. Josh was taking reservations for next spring already, as well as teaching Pitina how to read. We had to set up accounts with all the credit card companies. We were so busy during the slow season that we started to get worried about the coming year.

Whenever she could, Myra would sit with me. We wouldn't talk much but it was always nice having her around. She made sure I always had coffee or whatever I was drinking at the time. We were getting better at communicating, but I was a slow learner and also a little slow socially. Jason tried several times to prod me into being friendlier with Myra but I couldn't pull it off.

It was just before Christmas when she got me off the fence.

"Bob, I think it is time that Pitina has her own bed and her own room. Don't you agree?"

"I think so. Yes. That is a good idea. We should have done that sooner."

"Good. I am glad you see it that way. I am going to move my things into your room today, but I need a dresser. Can you move the second dresser from Pitina's room into your room for me? It is too heavy for me to move."

"Sure. I can move it for you. Myra, I am not trying to be difficult, but there is only one bed in my room."

"That's Okay. Don't worry I don't take up much space."

I was amazed how well her English had come along. I wondered if any part of that conversation had been pre-planned. I suspected my friendly host or my devious sons. Regardless, she made her point, and I was flattered. I had been very careful not do anything that would offend her. There was no way I wanted her to believe that I would take advantage of her or her situation. I guess she figured that out on her own.

I would love to impress you with the wonderful way I romanced Myra and convinced her to be mine, but I can't. I think I fell in love with her the first day I saw her, but could not bring myself to admit it, to her or to myself. It was a relief to find out she felt the same way, and had the courage to do what I couldn't. We were married Christmas Day. It was just the family and a few friends from the area.

The next year was great for the Lazy J. We were booked solid and actually had to turn people away. Myra hired a young girl to help in the kitchen and Jason was taking an interest in her. I guess that is a good sign. Sadly, Jack passed away at the end of the summer. He left everything to Myra and me, not only the ranch, but over a million dollars worth of mineral rights. The boys were doing great and Pitina was growing like a weed. Life was good.

Epilogue: It was cold and wet as Carla left the Palmer Candy Factory. She worked the midnight to eight shift, putting candy eyes on chocolate Easter bunnies. She had a tote bag in one hand and her pay envelope in the other, as she ducked into the local diner for breakfast. For the hundredth time she pulled the well-worn copy of People Magazine from her bag, and it automatically opened to page 48. She stirred the cream in her coffee as she looked at the picture of her youngest son, Josh, helping Julia Roberts get on a Palomino horse. On the next page, the Lazy J ranch owner Bob Terrell and his wife Myra was standing on the porch of their beautiful ranch house with Cameron Diaz. Before she was done with her meal, she would have read the entire article, as she did every week. After putting away the magazine, she checked her pay envelope to make sure she had enough. In twenty minutes the thrift stores would open. Maybe this would be a lucky week. Although Carla had sixteen red dresses, she always needed another one. You can never have enough red dresses.

PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,316 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Danny's Dilemma His wife tried to put the horns on him.in Loving Wives
Penny Whimsy Her plan to trade up didn't work.in Loving Wives
Good Enough for the Goose... Stealing an accountant's wife can be dangerous.in Loving Wives
Already Gone A wife and her lover plot but the husband is a step ahead.in Loving Wives
More Stories