Redemption Falls

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, as long as he can... I'll say nothing unless he attacks me again." Amber folded her hands on the table.

"Not in my office... I'd have him removed. If necessary, I could do this separately, but I'd rather do it front of both of you. That way no one can say I didn't follow your mother's wishes." Amber nodded and looked at the ocean scene painting on the wall.

She heard him talking to her brother as they approached. "Trace, if you can't control yourself, I'll have you removed from my office. This is a bad time for everyone, so let's just get through this part, okay?"

"Sure, whatever...." Trace answered as they came in and sat down.

"Okay, let me turn on the recorder, so we have a record of what is said." Mr. Welsh fiddled with a machine in the middle of the desk and stated. "This is the official reading of the living trust of Mildred Mouser. Present are Amber Louse Mouser and Trace Patrick Mouser, Mrs. Mouser's children. Please state your name for the record." He waited until each of them complied before going on.

"Alright then... I could go over this thing line by line, and we will at the end of probate, but I think for today I'll just go over the basics since it's just the three of us." He pulled out a tablet with note and started reading. "Your mother was very specific. The house and most of the belonging are to go to Amber... The bulk of the insurance and personal monies are to go to Trace. The exceptions are an additional ten thousand is to be set aside in a trust account for Louse A. Mouser, with her aunt Amber Mouser to be held as executor."

"WHAT?" Trace bolted up. "What about the retirement accounts and the bonds? Why does she get the house?" He yelled.

"Trace, I warned you. One more outburst and I'll have you removed." Mr. Welsh watched until Trace sat back. "As I said, your mom was clear on what she wanted. To save any problems, she also added a codicil. If either of you, challenge her wishes, you are to get five dollars and the rest will go to charity." He looked at Trace pointedly.

"As I was saying... Trace you will get five personal items from the house. First will be your father's books. Second, the set of wedding rings. Third, the oil portrait of your father holding you. Fourth, the cradle you grandfather made when you were born. And fifth, the box of toys you had as a child. The rest of the possessions, along with the house, go to Amber."

"This is bullshit... I'm the son...! I'm supposed to inherit it all." Trace shouted.

"Last warning Trace... When you leave here, I will give you a copy of everything. Take it to another lawyer and have them check it out. This is iron clad."

"What else?" Amber asked quietly.

"The rest will go to pay bills and expenses. The retirement account goes back to the church, for the new pastor and his wife, as stipulated in the bylaws. Amber you will have to keep everything up to date for the next six months or so under your mom's name until I get all the copies of her death certificate. Trace, I will distribute twenty percent in the next couple of weeks, but the rest will come only after all assets have been either changed into your name or cashed out. Let me know once you've decided."

"Anything else...?" Amber asked tearing up.

"No, not really. Like I said I'll give you a copy of everything, and there will have to be a line by line reading at the end of probate, but that's the gist of what your mom wanted."

"Fucking great...! This is bullshit... You bet I'll take this to another attorney. Don't get comfortable in that house... It will be mine! I'll be there to pick up my stuff."

"No! Trace, you will pick it up here. I will not have you harassing your sister or her friends. As executor, I'm stipulating that the possessions will be transferred through my office. Don't push it Trace. I have the five ready. I know some really good charities to give the money to. It's over sixty thousand dollars. If I have to, I'll get a restraining order until you can calm down and control yourself! It's time for you to leave...!"

"We'll see about this...!" Trace slammed his chair back and stormed out of the office.

"I'm sorry Amber. I didn't know he had gotten that bad. He used to be a good kid. I don't know what happened to him." Mr. Welsh shook his head sadly. "I'm truly sorry for your loss. I know you loved your mom, and she loved you. As soon as Trace got married, she changed the house into your name. The only other changes came after his daughter was born. Anyway, Trish has your packet, let me know if you need anything." He stood up and offered Amber his hand.

"Thank you Mr. Welsh. I'll let you know. I'm still trying to processes it all." Amber wiped her eyes.

"Well it is a good thing you have Miss Sherry and that other nice lady with you. You can help each other out during this trying time." He consoled her as he walked her out to the reception area and said goodbye.

As the girls walked out, "I take it your brother didn't like what he heard." Tara asked as they climbed into Sherry's van. "So, what happened?"

"I get the house and he gets the money... I have to watch over Louse's trust fund and that sent him over the edge. He also gets some things from the house, but we have to bring them here."

"I know what they are... Your momma told me and had me pack them up. I can bring them later." Sherry said pulling out of the parking lot.

"Sherry, sweetie, could you give us some time alone this afternoon? Amber and I have to discuss some things... not to leave you out, but... please." Tara asked.

"Yeah, I can take AJ to the park. Call my cell when the coast is clear." She smiled at Tara, not knowing the full extent of their relationship.

As soon as Sherry and AJ were out the door, Tara took Amber's hand and pulled her into her room. "I'll make love to you here." She said as she started stripping her lover. "I was going to ask if you wanted to move in with me, but with you having a house..." She nipped and kissed Amber's until her body started responding.

"What about Sherry AJ and the baby?" Amber asked as she started to breathe deeper.

"I'm not asking her to move. She's your best friend... I'm your lover. As long as we can all get along... This house is big enough." She pushed Amber down on the bed and snuggled skin to skin. "Enough talk, we'll figure it all out later." She took Amber's hard nipple into her mouth as they both slipped into their lovemaking.

There wasn't a rush. They took their time stroking and loving. There were no major climaxes, this was about healing and sealing their love. When Tara took Amber over the cliff, she called out.

"Oh, I do love you...!" It was the first time Amber allowed herself to say the words out loud.

As they lay together Tara had to ask. "Do you really mean it?" She pushed the hair out of her eyes so she could see her lover's face.

"Yes, I don't know if this town is ready for it, but yeah. I love you. I have since the seminar, I've just been afraid." Amber said with tears in her voice.

"We'll work it out sweetie..." Tara reassured Amber. "We have to. Now that I have you, I'm not giving you up." She covered Amber's face with soft kisses. "We can talk to Sherry at dinner. She's got to be okay with this. She lives here too and I don't want to change that. I like her."

"She's going to freak." Amber rolled over so she could snuggle.

"Not as bad as you might think. I think she's had a crush on you for years, but didn't know what to do about it." Tara smiled.

"Are you okay with that? Don't make me choose between the two of you. I couldn't do it." Amber pleaded.

"Sweetie, I won't pressure or make you choose. We both know there is more than one or the other type of decisions. The choice will be hers, I promise." Tara sealed her vow with a kiss.

***

It was Sherry who started the conversation. They all sat down for dinner when she asked. "So, when do I need to be out by?"

"You don't... why would you think that?" Amber asked shocked.

"Well, I just thought..." She sniffed. "Well, you never need alone time with... and I'm not stupid. I just figured... and I don't want to be a burden or a third wheel." She stammered.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry, we've been so focused on Amber I didn't know you thought like that. I'd set you straight." Tara said putting her hand on Sherry's. "Yes, we needed to talk, but you don't have to move out unless you want to." She tried to reassure the distraught pregnant woman.

"But I thought you'd be moving in and..." Sherry tried to hold back the tears.

"Yes, I might, but that doesn't mean you'd have to move out." Tara responded automatically. "Let get this all out in the open." She sighed. "What is your biggest fear?"

"That I'm going to lose my best friend again." Sherry sniffed, looking at Amber.

"Never...! We've been friends since first grade. Nothing can change that." Amber put her hand on top of Sherry's and Tara's.

"Look Sherry, I'll be totally honest with you. I did some things I'm not proud of while I was away. If one day you really want to know, I'll tell you. But, falling in love with Tara isn't one of them. I wasn't looking for it, but it happened. She's my lover and you're my best friend. You two get along, so why can't we all live together? There's plenty of room. We can even convert the attic into bedrooms for the kids. It all depends on if you can accept Tara and me as lovers."

"Sherry, I've told you about my marriage, I thought I was totally straight, until Amber. At first I was a complete bitch to her because I didn't know how to deal with my feelings. I like you, and adore your son AJ. Why can't we all make one big happy family of our own? We won't push you into anything you don't want or expose you to anything you can't handle."

"We won't hide the fact we're lovers, especially at home. But with kids in the house, it isn't going to be naked orgies either." Amber said passionately. "I don't want you and AJ to move unless that's what you want!"

"What if I can't... if I...." Sherry tried to put her feeling into words.

"Sherry, I can't move in for awhile. Let's take it day by day and see what we can work out. I'm not here to try and replace you... I can't! I know it's a shock with everything that's happened, but you need to be able to take care of the babies and you know you're safe here."

"Yeah, you know Allen won't dare come here. Your divorce should be final before the baby is born... think about it. I rather talk it all out, than have you walk in on us, and I lose you."

"No matter what, you'll have a place to stay here." Tara added squeezing her hand.

"Do you mean it...? I don't want to be a burden. Do you really like me?" Sherry asked, her mind tumbling.

"Burden hell, you'd be a savior. I never was a good cook, not like you! With Amber and I working like we do, it'd keep someone at home for the kids. Yeah, I like you. You're funny and kind and we share a love for the same person... maybe not in the same way, but that doesn't mean we have to be at odds." They would have gone on, but someone knocked at the door.

"I'll get it." Amber said getting up. She was startled to see Brad on her front step.

"Hi Amber... I um needed to talk to you."

"Hi Brad... do you want to come in?" Amber asked opening the door.

"Um, no... this's fine... it better this way." He stammered like a little school boy. "Anyway, um I just needed to say that I um, can't go out with you anymore. I can't live under the microscope like you do. I'm sorry." He blushed red

"Okay... it wasn't like we're engaged or anything." Amber almost laughed at his reaction, like he expected her to be crushed.

"I'm sorry but with your brother working at the same house and the gossip and everything.... I just can't do it. I need someone I can just blend into the background with... I hope we can still be friends...." He shuffled his feet.

"Thank you Brad, we had some fun.... At least you're man enough to do this face to face. Good luck and I'll see you around." Amber shut the door before she couldn't contain it anymore.

"Who was that?" Sherry asked as Amber turned around and started laughing.

"Bbbrrrad...!" She spit out between chuckles. "He just broke up with me... He can't take the heat...!" She laughed harder.

"Living here is sure going to be interesting." Sherry said rubbing her tummy.

***

The next few weeks were hard. Amber hated going through her mother's stuff, trying to figure out what to save, what to donate and what to just throw away. At least once a week, Sherry's van would be filled up with stuff and took the trip to the back of the Goodwill store. Also once a week, Tara would exchange cars with Sherry so she could bring some of her stuff up.

Little by little they rearranged the old farm house to their liking. They stored her mom's bed frame when Tara brought the heavy solid rice bed she bought hoping she be sharing it with Amber. Gone was the big clunky out of date furniture, as it was slowly and lovingly replaced by newer overstuffed floral patterns.

The kitchen stayed the same, just some new pot and pans replace the old mixed set. Amber and Tara let Sherry have her way in organizing it. It was her room since neither one of them did much cooking. They left select pieces of Amber's moms stuff. Placing them where they looked the best and AJ couldn't break them as he started crawling and toddling around the house.

Six weeks later, Tara officially moved in. The one thing they didn't foresee, Amber's boss's reaction when he heard through the grapevine. As soon as Amber came in one day, he called her into his office.

"Yes Sir...?" She asked thinking about what she had to get done so they could all go to the ultrasound for Sherry's new baby.

"I hear you've been consorting with the competition." Mr. James said behind the Manager's desk.

"Excuse me? What do you mean?" Amber asked confused.

Straightening his tie, Mr. James, got down to business. "I've heard you been seen talking and spending time with an officer of one of our competitors... Is this true?"

"Do you mean Tara? She's one of my house mates.... Yeah, I'd say... but nothing about work. We don't even work in the same departments. Why...?" Amber smoothed her skirt and folded her hands.

"How do you think it looks to our corporate office? I'm and they are worried that you might divulge proprietary information. How do you know what department she works for? That is one good reason why we're worried."

"I know because we've been friends since before I started working here. We used to work at the same bank. She's in loans and acquisitions. I'm in customer support and accounts. I don't see the problem. She does her job and I do mine." Amber didn't like the innuendo.

"You don't see the problem of two senior officers from competitive banks sharing information? What planet do you live on Ms. Mouser?" He drummed his fingers together in agitation.

"Sir, it's not like we sit around and talk about P and L's. She's my friend." Amber sat forward, locking eyes with her boss. "It's none of the company's business who I have living in my house. If they have a problem with it, then fire me. I'll sue, but who knows, I might even end up with a controlling share. What I do behind the doors to my home is none of yours or the company's concern. I'm bonded and have signed the waivers, but that is as far as this goes!" Amber stood up.

"Ms. Mouser..." Mr. James started.

"What...? I notice you didn't mention my other house mate Sherry or her son AJ... I talk to them too, are they risk factors? Do I need to start looking for a new job? I was looking when I found this one!" Amber was on fire.

Ms. Mouser...!" Mr. James raised his voice to get Amber's attention. "Please sit down and take a breath. Now, I know what they mean by your famous temper.... It's about time." He shook his head and waited until Amber was breathing close to normal again before going on. "I take it we're talking about a domestic partnership?"

"Yeah, we're all trying to make it work. It hasn't been easy..." Amber answered before thinking.

"Okay... please remember I've been doing this for years. I'll also remind you that I've been around and am not closed minded." He waited for that information to sink in. "Sorry Ms. Mouser, but it was a concern.... That and the fact, that since your mother's death you've been on auto pilot. I need all of you here every day. I didn't mean to insult you or your partner."

"Thank you... I'm sorry for raising my voice, but I never thought that my living arrangements would ever...." Amber regained her control.

"I'll tell you a secret..." He leaned back in his chair. "If you ever want to sit behind one of these desks, you've got to know everything concerning the bank. If a teller is having relationship problems, they can make mistakes. Or worse, fall to the temptation of all that money in their drawer. I've seen it before. You have a bright future here. You are smart and willing to do what is necessary. You're not afraid of the boss either. I need that."

"Thank you... I think...?" Amber smiled.

"Until today I never understood how you've caused such a ripple in the community. But you've always been pleasant and dealt with things quietly. I'd never seen the temper before, but now I understand. Since I understand, I know I can use that to benefit the company. We'll talk more later. I need the quarterly reports before you leave for your appointment." He dismissed her.

"Yes Sir." Amber got up and left without another word.

While they waited for Sherry to be taken back, Amber vented about her day. "I think I let the cat out of the bag." Amber said sighing.

"Why..?" Tara asked, and reached over to rub Sherry's growing bump.

"Mr. James asked if we are in a domestic partnership and I said yes before I could think." Amber rubbed her head, worried about what the other girls would say.

"Oh, I see... well everyone would figure it out anyway. Even with our room in the back of the house... it's only a matter of time...." Tara smiled. "I still think we need more insulation...."

"Why...? The house stays warm in the winter cool in the summer..." Sherry asked, wondering what she was missing. She had come to like sitting between Tara and Amber. They never made her feel left out.

"She's a screamer...." Amber whispered in her ear, making her blush.

"Ohhhh, I didn't know... I've never... I... is it that good?" She asked looking at both of them. "I mean it was okay but I don't know about... and you two do seem happy." She blushed at her thoughts and flipped open a magazine.

"We'll talk about this later." Tara said with an arched eyebrow. "So what are you hoping for this time?" She changed the subject as the nurse came out and called them back.

"Healthy...." Sherry laughed as she waddled in and the girls followed her.

***

How they made it through the next three months is anyone guess. But, they did make it. Sherry was getting huge and hormonal in her last trimester. She also got an unwanted education about how good sex could be just by living in the house. It hurt her deeply that she had never felt that way with anyone.

Once in the heat of the moment, she did try and kiss Amber, but came away feeling like she kissed her sister. It was nice in a platonic way, but there was less heat than having to lay there for her soon to be ex-husband. Then she felt guilty for weeks because she felt like she made Amber cheat on her lover.

It took a long heart to heart with Tara to smooth that little incident over when she packed her and AJ's stuff. Tara caught her as she loaded the van, heading back to Allen to see if she could make it work. Sherry didn't like feeling so bitchy, but if she had to listen to another night of her friend and her lover moan and scream in ecstasy, she'd go crazy.

1...456789