Redwood Nine Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The Rock. A very fitting name for him. He's good to have as a friend, not so good, as an enemy."

"Let's try and stay on the good side of things with him then."

"Si, JT, a very wise decision."

With nothing else to do, but wait for breakfast and Jake, shirts and cuts were removed and the guys let the sun work its magic on them. Lenny brought up the subject of tattoos and that started a mutual conversation of what they would accept as club tats and what were personal. Most liked the idea of getting the Reaper somewhere, as well as SOA being shown at all times some where on them.

It wasn't long, before the smell of food cooking wafted out the window to them. Noses were sniffing the air and whetting appetites, as Marietta went about preparing the last of the meal. When stomachs began to get anxious to taste the tempting treats awaiting them, Marietta called for them to come and grab a plate and utensils and get their meals. Rank and file took over, as each lined up in accordance to their standing, JT standing happily at the head and enjoying the first serving. Marietta loaded his plate and gave his cheek a caress, smiling in thanks to him. JT smiled his broadest smile at her and gave her a kiss on her good cheek, then made his way to the table. Piney was equally affectionate to her and by the time Chico held his plate out to her, she hugged him instead, her happiness an outpouring of how she was treated.

"Chico, mi amor, estoy tan feliz. Tus amigos son tan maravilloso para mí." (Chico, my love. I am so happy. Your friends are so wonderful to me)

"Te dije que eran hombres buenos, les confiaría mi vida y la tuya." (I told you they were good men. I trust them with my life and with yours.)

Marietta kissed him firmly, despite the pain and thanked him, then happily served as much as his plate would hold. Marietta took what was left, but her plate was still covered with enough food to satisfy her appetite. The only words spoken, were words of praise and thanks for her efforts, making Marietta smile happily, then quickly toned it down and winced at the pain, but let them know she was grateful for it all.

With breakfast done and more than enough praise heaped on Marietta, the guys washed up the dishes and pans and cleaned the kitchen. Marietta went in after and tidied up the kitchen better, so it was a little neater and cleaner, then joined the guys and relaxed enough to talk about herself, mostly in generalities and her love of Chico. She was recalling their first real date, when Jake pulled in the lot and stopped, then saw them waving and drove down to them. The guys then noticed that Marlene was with him in the Riviera, sitting as close as she could beside him. Jake stopped and took his arm from around Marlene and turned it off. He got out and looked at everyone, making sure they were all okay, then spotted Marietta and her battered face.

Chico stood beside her and introduced her to Jake, but didn't remember Marlene's name. She spoke up and introduced herself.

"Hi Marietta, I'm Marlene, I own the motel where Chico is staying, so I guess we have a new guest there now. How are you, Sweetheart, are you okay? Nothing is broken is it?"

"Hello, Senora Marlene, a pleasure to meet you. I am so thankful to you, for letting me have a place to stay. I will do my best to find work and pay you the rent as soon as I can, won't I Chico?"

"Si, Senora Marlene, she is good to her word. I will cover the room and any costs for her until she does."

Marlene looked at the couple, then more at Marietta, taking hold of her hands in hers, her eyes travelling from head to toe and back.

"You just come with Jake and me and we'll get you back to Charming, honey. My place isn't that much better than this, but you'll be safe and well taken care of. You'll need some time to heal and I'll see what I can do to help with the bruising and swelling. It's a bit tough to look for a job with your face all bruised and swollen, I know, so, come, let's get you there and there's a bunch of girls your age, I'm sure you'll get along just fine with."

Marietta truly beamed with happiness at what was being given to her and couldn't help but hug Marlene in gratitude. Marlene felt the ripe, young body press against hers and as innocently as she could. held her to her and felt what she could. Jake finished his talk with the other guys and made the arrangements to meet up by a certain point, or wait for them. Marietta got her suitcase and thanked everyone with a hug, before getting in the back seat of the Riviera. Marlene got in and then Jake, waiting for Chico to follow them. JT and Otto had bags big enough to carry Chico's share of pot, so with a final goodbye, JT led the club out of the motel and on towards I-5 and the long ride back.

Chico led Jake back to Marietta's motel, on the outskirts of Bakersfield, while the club continued on 99 north. Chico was about to pull in the driveway, then spotted the patrol car at the office. He told Jake to follow him back to the far entrance and come in to the rear of Marietta's unit. Chico went over to the car and asked Marietta what she still needed from inside, then stripped off his cut and held it against the window and smashed it. He waited as he put his cut back on, looking around for any signs of being heard or noticed, then slid the window frame open and climbed inside. He was only in for a minute, then began tossing things outside as fast as he could. Jake popped the trunk button and began loading it into the trunk as fast as he could.

Chico told him it was all out and began climbing out the window, when the door was being knocked on. Chico went out the window as quietly as he could and told Jake to get out of there now. Chico started his bike after Jake was out of the lot and began riding away, as the officers came to the broken window and saw him leave. They ran back out and got in their cruiser and began chasing Chico. Chico kept to the speed limit and looked back, when he heard the siren approaching. He slowed and pulled over, then cut his engine and waited for the officers to approach.

"What's the problem officer? I wasn't speeding."

"What were you doing back at the motel? The window is broken in a unit we were just in and you were right there when we looked out."

Chico laughed and smirked at them, making them take a more aggressive stance towards him.

"Hey, hey, relax. I don't know nothing about any broken window. I was just leaving the room of a chick I slept with last night."

"What's this woman's name and what unit is she in?"

"Shit, man. I didn't get her whole name, just her first name, you know? She told me her name was Consuela, but likes to be called Connie. She's in room fourteen, or fifteen, I think. One of those two, I don't really remember what room I was going into, just following some sweet ass through the door, you know?"

The cops looked at him and looked him over, wearing only his cut and nothing underneath, left little for him to hide anything. They had nothing else to tie him to Marietta that they knew of, so they told him he could go. Chico smiled broadly as they walked back and he started his bike, leaving a small patch of rubber, as he powered off the gravel, onto the pavement. The cops watched him go, then turned around and headed back to Marietta's now vacant unit. Once there, there was nothing to show who she was, or where she went. The only thing they could come away with, was that she worked at the diner, stayed at the motel and was now gone. The explosion and fire had razed the building to the ground and the charred remains of three males were found in the rubble. The only conclusion they could come up with, was that she showed up and saw the place demolished and went looking for a new job. Anyone they questioned had said she got along well with the owner and was well liked by many frequent customers, so they discounted her as a suspect. It would be months later, before someone came forward and mentioned a small incident with bikers, but no names could be remembered, or any details about any of them. Still, bikers and Chico made something click in one of the officers and he wrote it down in his notebook for referral later, to see if anything panned out.

Chico joined back up with Jake on 99 and headed north on the highway, where the rendezvous with JT and the others was planned at the junction. They came up to the club sitting on the side of the road, about a half mile after the burned out diner. Jake and Marlene never even noticed Marietta hiding her face as they went past the diner, then pulled in behind the club. Chico pulled up to the bikes and stopped, then got off and joined the others.

"Chico, the fucking station burned down last night. I told Jake to meet us here, so we could gas up for the trip back. We're heading up 99 the whole way, so where's the nearest station we can get gas at?"

"Not far, JT. Maybe twenty, thirty miles. We got lots of gas to make it there."

"You know anything about the fire?"

"Not a thing, man. I was too busy looking after Marietta and her shit, you know. It did look kinda bright that way, when were coming back to the motel, but I didn't know it was the fire that was doing it."

No one had any suspicions about Chico and the fire, so they got back on the bikes and they followed him towards the gas station. Jake looked in the rear view mirror and noticed how disturbed Marietta seemed since they left the scene. The diner had something to do with her, in one way or another, but he had no idea what. He kept an eye on her and noticed the further they went, the calmer she seemed to get.

Jake followed the club and watched their formation and how they rode. He saw how they followed everything JT did and didn't break from it and smiled, knowing they were listening to his guidance. He wondered what had gone on, on the ride down and what had happened since they arrived. From how he was reading JT, he was carrying a load of burden on his shoulders and hoped he understood what he was getting into now.

When they came to Modesto, JT led the club off the road and into a parking lot, the call of nature and a good stretch becoming necessities for them. Jake parked beside them and stopped. Marlene turned to ask Marietta if she needed to use the bathroom, then noticed she was fast asleep. She told Jake to get her a drink and a bite to eat, while she stayed with Marietta. Chico came over to see Marietta, but Jake steered him away, telling him she was asleep in the back seat and to let her rest. Marlene quietly got out and got in the back with Marietta, as the others headed inside the restaurant.

Sitting beside her sleeping form, Marlene began looking Marietta over, checking her out and assessing her assets. She could tell Marietta was in good shape, no signs of any fat on her. The hem of her dress had ridden up her legs and Marlene took every advantage to check them out. She began moving forward, so she could peer down the front of Marietta's dress, when she began to stir. Marlene sat back and moved away slightly, not wanting Marietta to get nervous. Marietta opened her eyes and looked about, seeing nothing of any familiarity. Marlene noticed her confusion and took her hand.

"We're not far now. The guys are just taking a rest and we'll be in Charming in less than an hour. How are you feeling? You had a good long nap back here."

"Oh, Senora Marlene, I feel like I could sleep for a week. I'm no bad now, the face, it still gives me pain if I move it the wrong way."

"You poor thing. It's really getting dark and nasty looking. Once we get back, I'll get an ice pack started on you and then see what that leaves us with. Not much you can do with black eyes and swollen lips, I'm afraid. Give it a few days and let it rest and it should stop looking so bad."

"I saw my face in the mirror today and it looked as bad as it felt."

Marlene saw the pain come to her face as she recalled it. She moved closer and put her arm around Marietta and held her to her, comforting her softly. Marietta responded to her need of caring affection and hugged herself to Marlene. Marlene enjoyed feeling the Latin lovely pressed into her and held her close. The guys came back out and looked relieved in many ways, as they sat on the bikes. Jake looked into the car and saw Marlene hugging Marietta and feared the worst. He quickly made it to the door and noticed the way Marietta was holding Marlene, then the comforting stroking of Marietta's hair. Marlene turned to Jake after seeing the shadow come over her and smiled at him. It softened the fear in his eyes and face and he smiled back, then opened the door.

"I got you girls a couple of sodas and a box of fries, for the last leg home. Not much, I know, but it'll tide you over till we can get to some good food tonight."

"Gracias, Senor Jake. You are very kind to think of me like that. Senora Marlene is also very kind, she makes me feel very safe with her."

Jake looked at Marlene and read her sentence of expressions, saying she was innocent, but she had a hot spot growing for her. Jake gave her a look of warning to back off and let her be. Marlene shrugged her shoulders slightly and nodded, Marietta never catching a single thing between them. Jake got in and started up the Riviera, the smooth purr and quietness impressing Marietta. Jake turned on the air conditioning and directed the cool air to the back, letting the girls get the most of it. Marlene and Marietta settled in together and began sharing the fries, sipping the Cokes through the bendable straws, as Jake pulled out behind the bikes and paced them at a safe distance.

Marietta began paying more attention to where she was, when Jake said they were coming to Charming in a few minutes. JT led the club to the clubhouse, while Chico waved and led Jake on towards the Starlight Motel. JT opened the gate and let everyone in, then brought his own bike in and closed and locked the gate again. Just the click of the lock, gave JT the peace of mind he needed, to know the worst was over. He rode down to the others and parked his bike, shutting it off and bringing a quiet to the compound again. They stood and looked at each other, realizing they had pulled off the first run and made it back whole.

Smiles appeared at first, then broadened and turned into laughter, then into hoots and hollers, as they celebrated their success. JT opened the door and they carried their bags inside and once again locked the world out and felt safer with their stash. The kilos were unloaded and stacked inside a large metal cabinet that was left over and now served the purpose of being their safe. They sat around the chairs and couch, some pulling up a box to sit on. Joints were lit and passed around, taking a moment to let them unwind and get the road out of them.

"We did it guys. First run done and we're back in one piece and whole, more or less. How's the leg holding up, Keith?"

"Aching to high heaven, but a few more beers and joints should work the trick."

Keith put his leg up on the makeshift table and stretched out, taking advantage of his injuries and playing them for as much as he could get.

"We're going to need Chico to get cracking on figuring a new route, because I do not want to face down any of the clubs we saw and certainly, El Roca and his club, left a strong enough message, not to be seen there until winter. We're going to need to protect ourselves from them, should we end up dealing with them at some point. I mean, let's face it, it's as much their road, as it ours, except they have guns and muscle and we are short on both. I hate the thought of carrying guns, brothers, but if we're going to get this club off the ground, we need that run money and we need to make sure they leave us alone, to do it."

Everyone knew JT was right about protection, but carrying a gun meant stepping up to a new level of violence they weren't prepared for. The vets knew about guns and getting them and ammunition, wasn't really a hard thing to achieve. What was difficult, was knowing when to use them and when not to. One wrong move, could set off a chain of events, that could leave brothers wounded, or dead. The debate carried on, as more joints were rolled and talk of money versus danger was hashed out.

Chico showed Marietta to their unit after they arrived, bringing her bags in and the assortment of knickknacks, but Marlene said she wanted to get some ice and ointment on Marietta, taking her to her own unit and attending to her. Chico was left standing with Jake outside, unsure of what he should do and Jake chuckled and clapped his hand on his back several times.

"She'll be fine, Chico. Marlene will get her attended to, seeing how she doesn't want to go to a hospital. There's no idea what really happened to her, until she's really looked at, you get my meaning?"

Chico thought of what Jake was saying to him, trying to get his meaning, then it began to dawn on him, what Marlene would be looking at. He smiled and nodded, as he pointed at his head, letting Jake know he understood.

"So, what now?"

" The guys should be at the clubhouse still, so go see them. I'm going into Charming and see if there's any jobs that might be available for Marietta, once she's better of course. She do anything other than be a waitress, Chico?"

"Si, Senor Jake. She was studying in Mexico to be an accountant, but she had to come here to get better at it. She's been saving since she left and trying to make enough to get into Berkeley. I give her as much as I can to help her out, me, I don't need that much, you know. Just need to keep my bike running nice and sweet and everything is cool, Esai."

Jake was impressed with both Marietta and Chico. Despite outward appearances, Chico was a very loving and devoted person to Marietta, giving her all he could, his flamboyant stunts and macho attitude, disguising that side of him. Marietta was obviously a gifted woman, one who was trying to overcome the adversity of life against her and was doing what she could, to eke out a piece of the good life. There was no doubt in Jake's mind, that anything Marietta achieved in life, Chico would benefit from her success in gratitude. He saw the devotion and the strength of their love for one another. While Chico stared off down the road towards the clubhouse, Jake looked at him and imagined him as a father, what he might be like as one, if he and Marietta had a child together. He could see a devoted father, one who would be protective and supportive of his child. If he was doing his best to help the woman he loved get ahead in life and better herself, he knew Chico would do the same and more for his child.

Chico turned back to Jake, his big smile coming out.

"Senor Jake, muchas gracias, mi amigo. You are truly a fine man I am proud to know. What you have done for me and my, Marietta, I am in your debt and will always be there for you, whenever you need me."

"You're most welcome, Chico, my pleasure. No need to worry about being in debt with me, though, it wasn't that big a deal to get there and back. Marlene would appreciate a car wash and a tank of gas, so that won't set you back much, but make up for it all. That Riviera is a sweet ride for the long haul, I'll tell ya. Marietta was asleep in the back and Marlene was as relaxed, as if she was in her home. The radio in that car, now that would sound good in Wally's old thing. Damn, that '54 is solid still. He keeps it maintained and not drive the shit out of it and that thing will never die. Where is Wally, by the way? Haven't seen him around the last few days."

"From what the guys told me, he's out looking for this guy named Tom and see if they can find some shit. Said they needed a truck with heavy duty stuff on it, for something."

Jake smiled, knowing they had put a priority on finding a new wrecker chassis for him.