Redwood Nine Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Uhm, who's Golden?"

Joints were going around and around, as both groups rolled up samples of what they had. Moon took a hit off the Panama Red and looked at the joint, as he tasted it, then felt the high hitting him.

"Sweet grass, man. This is killer shit, dude."

JT smiled, as he saw the expressions Moon made, as the pot mellowed him out totally.

"So, Golden, you were going to tell me who that is?"

"Oh yeah. She's part of our commune that we started last year in Frisco. She's out there now at the house waiting for us to show up with food and shit. That's why we need to get out there as soon as possible. She had enough for a couple of days, plus what was left from her grandparents and she has no car to get into town to get more. At least the well is good and she has water, but there's no phone to let us know how she is. See why I'm worried, JT."

JT could see the same care and concern for those he was leading. Whatever differences in lifestyle they had, the common bond was a love and respect for those they were with.

"Guys, we need to give these good people a hand. You heard their situation, so how can we help them? I came up with an idea that will work for a night or two, but they don't have that kind of time to sit around, not when Golden is out there and ready to starve. Let's hear some ideas from everyone, you guys too. In fact, let's find out who everyone is, so we know who we're talking to. I'm JT."

"I'm Moon Child, or just Moon."

"Piney."

"Chico."

The guys said their names and then the guests introduced themselves, girls going first.

"Spirit."

"Flower."

"Poppy."

"Rainbow."

"Star Rider, or just Star."

"Phoenix."

The guys looked at them all, after saying their names and Piney was first to ask why the change. Moon smiled, as he looked at them through slitted eyes, behind the pink lenses.

"We gave up what society called us. We gave ourselves new names, ones that reflected who we were inside. A name is nothing more than letters after all. You use initials, most everyone else has a nickname instead of their full name. You're no different. Our names just sound strange, because no one ever thought of calling themselves that."

JT chuckled out loud, realizing the similarities between them, the others realizing the choices were all individual like they had done themselves, just breaking the confines of normal convention even farther they they were. He shook Moon's hand and agreed with him totally on that point. Wally made the first offer of friendship to them, as he blew out the smoke of his hit.

"JT, Moon, I got an idea that might solve everything and give everyone a good chill about this."

Everyone focused on Wally to hear what he was going to say.

"What if we go and get Golden out in Calaveras and bring her back here for now. It's only what, forty, fifty miles to there? So we can be there in half an hour or so, then bring her back here and she's out of danger, or anything."

Moon had a look of pure relief wash over him, after hearing the offer.

"Shit, Man, that's a great idea. What's your name again?"

"Wally."

"Wally, that would give my soul the peace it needs. How soon can we go?"

"Anytime man. We're just sitting here, doing nothing, so we can go now."

"Let me get my stuff from the bus and I'll bring Spirit with me for the trip."

"Cool, I'll stop off and get Annie to come along with us, too. She's getting antsy sitting around the motel all day and would love to get out, sound good?"

"Sounds good, Wally. I owe you for this gratitude you've shown us. All of you. JT, before we go, what was your idea that got us in here, in the first place?"

JT perked up, his head getting foggy from the herb's effects.

"Oh yeah. I was thinking, there's all this land sitting vacant beside the motel. Maybe flatten the grass down and pitch a tent. You can use our washrooms to shower and stuff, so that helps with that part of things. We can help you get food and stuff, but cooking it might be hard. Oh yeah. Tom has a great eye for finding shit, so I'm tasking him with finding another engine for you. There's a guy I just saw earlier that has all kinds of engines lying around that are still good, so he might have one for that thing."

Moon looked at JT, his eyes holding the thoughts in his heart for him, after hearing of his idea and offer.

"It's divine fate of the spirits to meet, JT. The bus made it to here, because it knew it would find salvation at your door. Fate brought us together, because it knew we would be in the company of kindred spirits like ours, ones who would offer us shelter and comfort in our time of need."

"Can't really argue with any of that, Moon. Jake is kind of like a father to us all and he helps us with guidance and wisdom. I know this is what he would do in this situation."

"I'd like to meet Jake sometime, he sounds like he has a spirit I would enjoy knowing."

"Sure, he's an open kind of guy to shit. Doesn't get all bent out of shape if we smoke some pot and drink beers, as long as we don't go crazy."

"I do believe he will prove to be interesting, JT. Okay, I'll go get my things and Spirit, if you're ready, we should get going with Wally and pick up Golden. Star, Phoenix, you unload the bus and we'll take everything up to the lot by the motel. We can set up camp and rough it, until the bus is fixed. How far is it to the motel from here?"

"Not far, about three miles down the road that way."

"Not that far to go then, Star. Can you carry everything in one trip?"

"If the girls can carry the packs that far, we might make it."

"Wait, the guys can give you a ride on the back of their bikes and make things a whole lot easier that way. Save time and walking, not to mention sore backs and legs."

"We have been blessed to no end by your hospitality. We are forever in your debt, JT and will repay this kindness back to you, whatever way we can."

JT was going to deny his debt, but saw the conviction of his words to him and felt it was better to let the honour stand between them. They shook and hugged, then Wally went and got his car, while Moon brought a knapsack from the bus and got in the front with Wally, while Spirit sat in the back. Wally blew several short beeps as he left and turned down the street and was gone.

Star and Phoenix started unloading all their gear from the back and under the tarp on the roof. It presented quite the load to divide, to travel with, so they broke it down into two trips and they would take the girls and Phoenix up first and drop them off and then come back and bring Star and all the knapsacks themselves. Once the first load was ready, the guys got their bikes started and got the girls and some of the equipment on the back.

It was a slow, easy ride down the road, not wanting to spill, or scare the girls, who were clinging on tightly, never having road before. Even Phoenix had a need to hold onto the back of Otto, unsure of how to ride properly as a passenger. The trip over, the bikes stopped as close to the field as possible and the new riders happily got off. Cindy, Suzy, Gloria, Marietta and Mary came out, hearing the bikes come in. They looked at the girls getting off the bikes and jealousy was written on their faces. Keith was first to see them coming and the looks they had. He made his way towards them and held them back.

"Girls, girls, I'd like ye's to meet some nice folk in a bit of trouble. They've had some bad luck with their engine conking out on them and they'll be needing to set up camp in the field there, for a spell. We have to go back and get the rest of the stuff and get Star, as well. That's Phoenix there, the darker skinned chap. Come and say hello to the girls and see if they need to use the facilities."

The girls were cut short to move any further, hearing who the girls were and why they were riding with their guys. The more Keith explained, the more concerned for them they became. It was the mention of Phoenix that grabbed their attention and they looked at the five people and noticed one was a guy, with long, straight, black hair down his back, obviously native American. He wore a brown leather headband and a matching leather vest. He was trampling down the grass to delineate the site, making a squared off area to pitch the tent, the girls following him in a line and trampling everything down. Keith brought the girls over and made introductions, getting them to join in, then bid them goodbye to join the others and get the rest of everything and Star. A hug and a kiss later, the thunder of V twins dominated the scene, as they headed back to the clubhouse.

The girls associated easily, as they helped trample grass, but they were entranced by the good looks and fit body of Phoenix in front of them. Whispered talk was passed back and forth about him, as the girls wanted to know more, but they didn't see the big smile on Phoenix's face, having overheard their cautioned talk anyway.

JT and the others roared down the lane way and stopped in front of Star and the rest of the stuff. They were loading it up, when a horn started blowing at the gate. Everyone stopped and looked, then noticed it was Clay coming in his Grandfather's truck, his arm out, waving at them. He pulled up and got out, saying hi to everyone and then was introduced to Star. His smirk and chuckle at his name, earned him a couple of slaps on the back from Lenny and JT both, for his attitude towards him.

"Respect, Clay. That's his name, no reason to laugh at it. Like Clay is any better? Don't see him making fun of your name, do you?"

Clay realized his name held negative connotations to it and his full name Clarence, held ones to a noted TV clown.

"No, sorry JT, sorry Lenny."

"Not us you need to say sorry to. Star is the one who you insulted."

Clay looked chastised and put in his place, as he turned to Star and held his hand out to him.

"Sorry man, didn't really mean anything by it. Just never heard anyone called that before."

"Apology accepted, Clay. Full name is Star Rider, but Star is cool."

The full name almost set Clay off again, but he caught himself instantly and shook his hand a bit more and let it go. JT clapped his arm over his shoulder and talked to him.

"Need your help, brother. All this stuff will go up the road a lot faster in the back of your truck and giving Star a lift to the motel."

"Sure, JT, no problem."

The tents and gear, including an old barbeque, were tossed in the back and in short order, a line of bikes with Clay and Star trailing behind, made their way out and on to the motel.

"Those are great guys you know up there, Clay. Moon is very happy with JT and his kind spirit. Your friends have been very generous and shared whatever they could with us. We're strangers to you all, yet we have been welcomed by you and given the gifts of love and peace. I know Moon will always have a place for you all at our table and share our food and love with you. You are always welcome to join us anytime you wish."

Clay felt like he was in another world, listening to Star talk about things the way he did. He was still unaware of the communal living arrangements they would have, or any of their understandings of their lifestyle. He was happy enough to be pulling into the lot and stopping at the field, unable to fathom any more spirit talk. Hands were unloading things, before they even got out of the truck, as Phoenix grabbed the tents in both hands and walked them to the site. He opened the first bag and unloaded all the canvas and poles. Everyone watched, as he flattened out the tent and took the main pole in with him and raised the centre up. Star took a couple poles and put them in the corner holes, so JT grabbed the other two and the tent was raised completely. Piney took the tether lines and stakes, slipping them over the tips of the poles and pressing the stakes into the soft ground with his boot heel, securing the lines in place.

Star had four sleeping bags in his hands and under his arms and tossed them inside, then went back for the others. The girls went inside the tents and had them all laid out for sleeping. The club guys and girls just stood and watched the others set up camp, turning a vacant field into a campsite in less than half an hour. A few rickety lawn chairs were set up, along with the barbeque, making it more like a family campsite.

Once everything was in place and readied, everyone congregated again and began talking about each other. The girls were far more acceptable of the name changes, than the guys were, the idea of being born again as the new identity, made all the sense to them. They asked if any of them needed to use a washroom and it was an instant separation of males and females. The guys sat around talking with Star and Phoenix about what got them to change their outlook and way of life, like themselves. A common disenchantment with how American life had become something different, different from what they had believed before and what they believed it to be now. The values in life held no real meaning to them, the way they did to their parents. Money only brought misery and trouble and taking it out of the equation, was the best way for them to avoid dealing with it.

JT sensed a commonality between them, a kinship of souls that ached to be free. He understood the differences in the paths they chose, although both were heading away from the mainstream way of thinking. He felt pangs of self-condemnation, knowing his path had led his people down a slope into a life most despised, while Moon was leading his, towards a life of peace and love. The die was cast for them and changing who they were, wasn't going to happen, but JT began feeling the niggling pangs of making hasty decisions based on emotion, instead of logic and understanding.

Everyone was getting along well, no one discounting the other for life choices made, as the afternoon wore on. Food was brought up by the girls and Star asked if the guys could take him into town and buy food and charcoal for the barbeque. Clay made amends for his attitude earlier and offered his services to them. Star showed his happiness at Clay's acceptance of them, no longer feeling they were society's dregs. A list of things to get was made, then Star and Clay got in the pick up and headed into town to shop. It was decided to share a meal with their hosts and offer their own hospitality.

Wally was enjoying the ride with Moon, listening to him talk about their commune and the lifestyle they wanted to live. Spirit was in the back with Ann-Marie, sharing a joint together, leaning towards each other for support. They were sharing thoughts on living as one, how each girl could be with any guy and any guy could be with any girl. Ann-Marie couldn't grasp the concept of such an open lifestyle, one where the institution of marriage had been fully entrenched into her mindset. Spirit began explaining their concept of love and how it applied to all of them, not just between two people. Love was to be shared, just like the grass they smoked. Smoking it to them, was an association with love and the two were synonymous. She said everyone in San Francisco, called it the Love Drug and people like them were called Hippies, because they were hip to the scene and what was happening.

The car seemed to be alive with the energy of positive vibes inside, as the four shared thoughts and soon shared an admiration and respect for each other. Moon said openly, he truly enjoyed the freedom of riding on a bike, the oneness with his spirit and nature had convinced him of the need to get one of his own, for riding the land that cars couldn't travel on.

Wally followed Moon's directions and the slow, winding road nestled between the hills, came to an end at the entrance to a property. It was thick with bush and trees all along the front, an old, steel gate sitting derelict on its hinges, never being moved for over a decade or more. The dirt drive was nothing more than tire tracks with tall weeds growing in the middle of them and along the sides, curving subtly, taking them back past the trees surrounding them and into a large clearing. A worn out fence surrounded a small two storey house, that had a wrap around porch, both still in a decent state of repair. Wally slowed and pulled up to the front and shut it off. They got out and Moon called out for Golden.

The peaceful quiet, was softly enhanced by the field birds and their whistles and chirps to each other. Wally took Ann-Marie's hand and walked off the drive and into the field a short way, to look at the view. Moon shouted out again for Golden, then movement was seen about twenty feet in front of Wally and Ann-Marie, in a patch of field daisies. Slowly, they saw a head rise up, covered in golden blonde hair with a yellow headband, tresses that seemed to keep appearing, the more she stood up. Finally standing, with her back facing them, she spread her arms open to the sun and let it wash over her, her hair covering her past her ass.

With her arms out straight, she turned and Wally and Ann-Marie could clearly see she was naked. The same colour of hair adorned a spot between her legs, highlighting the dark bronze of her skin. She smiled happily and dropped her arms, running past the stunned couple and jumped into Moon's arms and kissed him passionately. His arms held her close, as his lips met hers, their connection one of great joy and love. Golden broke away, her smile showing white teeth and a happiness that could only come from within. She turned and saw Spirit standing to the side and went to her, hugging and kissing each other, no differently than she had with Moon.

Wally and Ann-Marie were agog with the display of nudity and free loving, watching the two girls express themselves so openly. Ann-Marie was finding herself attracted to the naked nymph before her, admiring not only her body, but her freedom to enjoy something she had to hide away from everyone and keep to herself. Golden and Spirit finished and stood holding hands, as Moon made introductions.

"Golden, this is Wally and Ann-Marie. Wally, Ann-Marie, I'd like you to meet Golden, she's our spiritual guide. She helps us to become one with nature and draw from its goodness."

Golden came to Wally first and hugged him. Wally stood perplexed, unsure if he should touch her naked body. Golden pulled Wally's face to her and kissed both cheeks softly, then gave him a soft kiss on the lips, before letting him go and stood in front of Ann-Marie. They looked into each others eyes for a moment first, something passing between them that the others could sense as well. Golden moved forward and took Ann-Marie's hands and put them around her waist. She put her hands around the back of Ann-Marie's head and pulled her forward to her face, then kissed her lips. Deep breaths were drawn, as emotions were lit inside each other.

Willingly, Ann-Marie moved a step forward and her hands went around Golden's back, their kiss increasing in passion. Golden reached up and took hold of the hair clip holding Ann-Marie's hair up and released it, letting all of the white tresses spill down her back. Mouths sought greater interaction from their lips, as tongues were slid between them.

Wally was speechless, as he watched his girlfriend enjoy herself openly with another girl. He wasn't sure if he should feel jealousy, or resentment. He had no idea what emotion to feel at that point, as none of them made enough sense to act on. Moon could see it clearly and went to him.

"Are they not beautiful together, Wally?"

"What do you mean beautiful?"

"The love they share. I can't read souls as well as Golden and Spirit can, but even I can see they share a bond between them. Golden can sense things in a person, read them like a book and she sees something in Ann-Marie, that she is drawn towards. Whatever Ann-Marie is feeling, Golden is sensing it and responding to it. It's a gift of love they share between their souls and love is a beautiful thing, is it not, Wally?"