Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, you worked for these guys?"

"Nah, not Jimmy. I'd never get involved with someone like that. He's more trouble than he's worth. I did things for his father. I was called upon to settle issues that needed taken care of, if you get my drift?"

"So you whacked guys for him?"

"Not necessarily whack them. Sometimes, if there was no choice, but mostly doing like I did to Benny. Just make a point. I made a point to the wrong guy and ended up being inside with him. Jake took him out with a couple of shots somehow, but he'd already knocked most of my teeth out. The rest just kinda broke off over time. Jimmy knows I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on any one of them. They know Gianni is in my debt for life."

"Gianni owes you?"

"Something like that. I did something like this before, for him, standing pretty well in your shoes. Everything went south on the job, because of a rat. The guy was coming after Gianni and would have killed him, but I stepped in and put two in his head before he could. I got spotted by a couple of witnesses, who fingered me in a line up and I was going away. Gianni got my sentence reduced, by saying it was self defence and could have got me off probably, but they said I didn't need to put the last four bullets in his face. Got a bit carried away, I guess."

Gus finished and left everyone speechless. Benny had a seriously new respect for the man he had considered an old dude and looked at him in the new light. JT and the others were left flabbergasted by the insight of all that personal history.

"I say we call it a day and go home boys and relax. This is done as it stands and all you have to do is call Gianni and explain what happened and he'll take care of it and make sure it doesn't happen again. I have to say, that was fun. Haven't done anything like that in a while. Felt good to have some heat in my hands again."

"Guess so. Gus, we'll be out to see you soon. We really have to sit and talk about stuff. Maybe I'll need two bottles of that stuff you like."

"Now you're talking, JT. You boys have a good ride back and you boys, I'll see you around town."

"Yeah, cool Gus. We'll see you around, dude."

"Now you're learning. Be good, don't fuck up."

"You got it."

Gus shook his hand, leaving things on a good note between them. Benny, Lamont and their guys loaded themselves into the cars and headed back to 13th Street. Gus climbed into the big GMC and started it up.

"You guys still need this as a wrecker, just come by and get it, it's yours. I was giving it to Jake anyway, so you might as well have it, you needed it."

"Damn Gus, that's really great of you. I hope you come by the shop sometime and see us."

"Never know which way the wind blows, JT."

"Do me a favour? Keep an eye out for a good wrecker unit for it."

"Will do. Be good, stay whole."

Gus smiled his toothless smile proudly and happily at them, waving out the window. They waved and got on their bikes, unsure of what to take away from today's meeting. Charming was a welcome sight, as they rode in, making sure they kept the volume of their bikes down, as low as they could. Harry Sherman was standing on the sidewalk, looking at his new sale sign in his window. He heard the bikes and turned to them. He smiled and waved, getting the same in return, making others on the street, wonder about their association.

As things in Stockton went back to its normal routine, Jimmy finished cursing and swearing, breaking and throwing things about. He sat down and fumed over things, as his guys waited for him to calm down. Vinnie asked the one question all of guys wondered about.

"So, how come we didn't just do what your dad asked and avoid all that shit?"

"Because I'm not Gianni Cacuzza, I'm Jimmy Cacuzza and I do things my way."

No one wanted to say anything in return, seeing the rage coming from him. He looked at Vinnie and made him cringe slightly.

"Get my dad on the phone. He's going to need to hear this from me first. FUCK!"

JT stopped at Arthur Lowen's, while the others carried on out to Calaveras. He went in and said hello to Harriet, who acted as those one of her sons had come home. She called into Art and he came out a minute later smiling.

"Hi JT, how can I help you?"

"Hi Art, I wanted to ask you a favour. Not for me, but for someone else."

"I'll see what I can do. What's the favour?"

"You know Marlene Brock right?"

"Yes, I know Mar."

JT heard him use her nickname and wondered how well he knew her.

"You know we have to go to Jake's place tomorrow and go through his stuff, right, so would it be okay if Marlene came with us? I was thinking that Jake might have a bunch of stuff that should go to her and she could go through it and take what she wanted. I think it would mean more to her, than me having it."

"You tell Mar she can most certainly join us. I'm so glad nothing happened to her at the funeral. That was horrible, what happened? Do they know who it was?"

"Can we talk in private, Art?"

"Sure, sure, come in the office. Harriet, please hold all calls for now."

"Will do, Mr. Lowen."

Art took JT inside his office and closed the door, seating him in a comfy chair.

"So what is it you want to tell me?"

"You're supposed to keep things secret between us right? You can't tell anyone, anything I tell you?"

"That's correct. It's lawyer/client confidentiality and allows you to tell me things and I have to keep them quiet and never disclose the nature of it to anyone, for any reason."

"Okay then. We know who shot Marlene and Jake."

"What? You know who did it? Why haven't you told the police?"

"Because the other people who are involved, would rather not have the police involved."

"Who did it JT and who are the people involved?"

"Clive Brock, Marlene's husband."

"No need to tell me the people involved and don't want the police in on it. Only ones I can think of right off the top, are the Cacuzza's."

"You know them?"

"Not personally, but I have a good knowledge of them and what they do. So what are you going to do with that knowledge you have?"

"Truthfully, kill Clive Brock. He's going to be served the justice he deserves for killing Jake."

"I can't fault you on those grounds, JT, but you're talking murder. Do you have any idea what the consequences are?"

"Yes I do, Art. Peace of mind and knowing justice was served. We have a plan in place to take care of it and there's no way we can get caught. Trust me. I just talked with Gianni Cacuzza before Jake's funeral and he supports me."

"Of course he supports you. He has nothing to lose, where you have everything to lose."

"I won't lose a thing, Art. The only thing I hope to lose, actually, is the hate in my heart, it's really painful."

"I understand that completely. I felt the same pain and had to let my own hate go. JT, I can't do anything as a lawyer for you. As a friend, all I can say is, don't get hurt, or killed. Honestly, I felt like killing Jake's killer. Now that I know that it's him, I almost wish I was."

"Why? What do you have against Brock?"

"He's the real reason Jake stopped riding with us. He did it for our safety, so none of us would get hurt, or killed, because of something meant for him."

"Wait, wait, wait, back up a second. You're telling me you rode with Jake in the club he was in?"

"Yes, I did ride with Jake in the East Bay Riders. It was all we could come up with as a name at the time. We rode around that area and figured it was like our territory. Jake had a run in with Brock years back and ended up in jail together. You know that's where he met Gus Borgdanatov, right?"

"That's Gus' last name? Borgda something or other? Wait, why is that name ringing a bell some how?"

"Made the news a while back, didn't think you'd remember about it. You were pretty young back then, not even a teen I bet."

"Ten actually. I remember sitting with my dad, watching it on the news. The day after Gus went away, my dad was killed in that accident."

"That would be about that time, yes. The reason I dislike Clive Brock, is because of the death threat he gave Jake, for sleeping with Mar. He said he'd have his guys shoot anyone wearing an East Bay Riders jacket. The only thing he could do, was keep it off and never wear it again, swearing to Brock, he was no longer with the club and to keep it personal. Jake went downhill from there and started drinking, getting into fights and ending up in jail, or hospital to get patched up. He even stopped seeing Mar for a while too, but that made things even worse, so she came back into the picture, to save him from killing himself and had to have a secret affair."

"Wow. I always wanted to know more about Jake and just figured no one was around that knew him well. I was surprised to meet Gus and that he knew Jake and getting to know Mar and how much she knows, but you? Not in a million years would I ever think you rode in a club. I was real curious about you, after what you said at his funeral."

"They called me Slick. I used to have the duck tail hair style and used to use tons of Brylcreem in my hair, so it would stay in place better. My hair was slick with the stuff, so the name fit. No matter what, my hair was easier to comb into place at the end of the ride, than theirs, so I was happy with it."

"No way, Jose. Slick Lowen, sounds cool. Bike rider, huh? Still ride?"

"No, I stopped riding the day Jake left the club and handed in his jacket. I parked my bike and put a cover over it. I think I've looked at it five times since then, each time, after another member died."

"How many of the guys are left?"

"Including me, three. I'm the only original member left now, the other two were accepted later."

"You helped start it up?"

"I was Piney back then, JT. Jake was you. It was an honour to show people that you were an original member, that you blazed the trail for the others to join and follow along. When Jake found out you wanted to start a club, he was the happiest I've ever seen him in years. You truly brought him back to life, JT. You and your guys were helping him re-live those glory days of before, when he was out front, leading us and let me tell you, Jake was the best. As far as I'm concerned, I've never met another leader of a club, as good as Jake was. That man loved the club and every member, like we were family."

"Yeah, I got that about him. I feel like that with my club and my guys. I told them a little while back, that I'd proudly give my life for any one of them, because I know they would for me. They proved it to me today and I'm proud of them, Art. I really am. For a bunch of guys that society hates and wishes would go away, we're great together. We all help out and make things good for everyone, not just themselves and that let's me know they're into the club like I am. Shit, we have the clubhouse almost done now. They've put every hour they could into it and it shows. We have rooms and bathrooms, one working shower for now. We have the kitchen almost done, just need some appliances and stuff, so I have so much pride in them and what they put together with me."

"Just like Jake. That was his hopes for that building you're in, that it would have some day been our clubhouse. Nothing ever happened after Clive's threat and Jake was stuck with the garage and the building he had no use for. You can see why he wanted to help you boys so much, with everything. He was getting to relive it all over again. Remember the first time you went out with him? You and Piney. Took a ride together out to Livermore, or something. Jake felt like his old self that day. Even with the gang war going on, his only thoughts were about you guys and not him. He actually enjoyed it all. Loved the thrill of it."

"Yeah, it was thrilling, but at the time, it scared the shit out of us. I'm pretty sure one of the new dings on my bike, was from a bullet."

"That's why Jake left. He didn't want any bullets headed in an innocent man's direction. When he came to me to make his changes to his will, he was like Jake back in the day. He was excited about you guys, like he was a part of it and of course, thought of you guys like his riding brothers and you mostly, like the son he never had. Clay left a bad taste in his mouth sometimes and they got into it a few times. Clay can get a bit twisted in his thinking. He's smart, but he thinks he's smarter than he is and that's bad. Jake almost fired him once for telling a customer, a woman no less, that she was stupid for driving the car without any oil in it. It was her husband's car and she was bringing it into the shop for him and had no idea what the problem was. The lady actually started crying, he made her feel so bad. Jake sent him home and said he'd call him if he wanted him back. Jake, being the big hearted soul that he was, took him back and things were okay again, until he said something to Jake that was insulting and disrespectful that pushed Jake over the edge. If Mar hadn't showed up that day, who knows what might of happened, but she calmed them down somehow and he let it go. Clay is a nice guy for the most part. Good worker, always thinking about things to make things better for himself. He wants to go places, but feels he deserves things he doesn't. He tried to play off his dead parents and now his ageing grandparents, who I believe his grandfather is close to dying, last I heard."

"Yeah, keeps coming back from death's door all the time. Since I've known him, he's rushed away three times, because it might be his time. I feel sorry for the guy. It must be hard to keep going through that all the time."

"It is, but Clay will try and play it to his advantage and use it to get ahead somehow."

"I have to say, Art. This little conversation has been an eye opener about stuff. So what time are we meeting tomorrow?"

"If you and Marlene, along with Clay, can be here around ten, that would be great. That way I can take care of things here with Harriet and spend some time there with you. I bet there's a couple of things I'd be interested in seeing, if Jake kept or not."

"I'm kinda excited about going. Finding out what Jake has from the past and stuff, should be cool."

"It just might be at that, JT."

Art said goodbye to JT, who rode away with new wonders to consider. He couldn't shake the image of Arthur Lowen being a club rider, a founding member no less, as he rode through town and on towards the farm. He loved the trip out there, every time he rode the route. The twists and winding curves made the trip an experience each and every time.

He rolled through the gate and many came out to see him, a naked Suzy, happier more so than anyone. She had a wreath of daisies on her head and her normally, long straight hair, had multitudes of braids throughout it, some adorned with brightly coloured beads.

"How do you like my new hair style?"

"It looks really cool, Babe."

"The girls did it for me. We want to have a special circle of love in the daisies shortly, so everyone is getting done up like this."

"Oh yeah? What's the special circle about?"

"We're calling for love and peace to come and be with us. There's been too much bad shit happening, so Spirit said we need to do a cleansing of the house and property, of all evil and darkness."

"I'd say that was a worthwhile reason to have one. Can't deny all the shit that's happened lately around here. You think it'll work?"

"I'm pretty sure it will. Other stuff has, so this might too. Spirit is in the kitchen now, making up a special tea for the circle. It's supposed to help with clarity and focus and call upon peace and love to come. Flower said she could actually feel it the last time, like it was touchable."

"Never would have believed half this shit before, if I hadn't seen and experienced it myself. Moon has shown us some crazy shit, hasn't he?"

"Oh yeah, but Spirit and Golden, now they know some crazy shit. Moon always asks Spirit stuff, so she can explain it to him. Golden, well, you know she has power over everyone. You just look at her and her eyes and you feel like you're in a trance, or something."

"How's Azure these days? Is she still all spiritual, or is she over that?"

"Oh, she's spiritual alright. Golden and her are in love. Not like you and me are, but different. Their souls are uniting as one or something and Golden asked Azure if she would marry her spiritually."

"Women can't get married to each other, just like guys can't, it's against the law."

"Not married like our parents are, a spiritual marriage."

"A spiritual marriage? What's that?"

"From what she told me, it's like, your spirit doesn't have a sex, like your body does, so neither one is male or female. Looking at it that way, there's no reason not to."

"Yeah, I can dig that. Makes sense, if that's what our spirits really are like."

"Talk to Spirit, she can explain it better than I can. Anyway, come on in, I still have to finish getting ready and there's a cold beer and a doobie waiting for you."

Suzy took his hand and walked him inside, where the girls were still doing things to each other to get ready. The guys were enjoying a round of beers, amused at the feminine procedures they went through. Keith started it off by welcoming him back, as others added to it.

"Welcome back, Mr. President."

"JT for Prez. He's our man,"

Salutes and cheers were given in honour of how things turned out for them today, JT graciously accepting the platitudes, knowing how he was regarded at that moment. He took a small bow and was cheered even louder. Suzy lit his joint and went and got him a beer, sitting on the arm of the chair with him. He looked over at Moon on the far side, in a chair similar to his, with Spirit stroking his hair softly. He tipped his beer towards him in salute and got a nod and a smile back in return.

Gianni Cacuzza was doing his best not to lose it on his son, after he finished telling him how the meet went. Vinnie and Louie stood at the door silently, unable to hear what was said over the phone, but knew Jimmy wasn't enjoying the conversation in the least. They winced when Jimmy winced, knowing what made him do it, they would soon suffer likewise later. More and more, every one of them realized that rules were not made to be broken and rewritten to suit themselves. Restitution had to be offered now and paid by Jimmy and that meant more money out of his pocket.

By the end of the call, when he said 'ciao, Papa,' he was back in line and no longer held the same grandiose feelings of calling the shots the way he wanted to. He was going to do what he was told, like it or not. Jimmy looked at his two men, trying to hold on to something of who he was as a leader.

"Make a call to Marlene and tell her I will accept a meet with JT again. This time, I will meet him on his turf, by myself, on his terms."

"Boss, you can't go in alone, they'll kill you."

"Just do it, Vinnie. My dad says that's the chance I have to take for fucking up."

Vinnie knew not to argue the point any further, what was done, was done. He went and made the call, then came back in.

"So? I got a meet."

"Yeah, you got one."

"Sound like a one way trip to you?"

"Actually, the meet is with Mar and that JT guy, so I don't know what to think."

"Marlene is taking the meet? Maybe not so bad then. Mar is a classy broad and I doubt likes seeing a mess."

"Do we go with you and wait somewhere?"

"No, I gotta do this myself, my dad insists."

Vinnie had nothing left to offer as a suggestion and remained quiet, as Jimmy pondered his possible fate.

The circle of a dozen, naked women, sat hand in hand, focusing on the words Spirit was speaking to them. She was asking the powers of peace and love to come and watch over them, drive away the darkness and pain that had come and settled around them. The guys were doing much the same up in the house, but in a different way.