Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, yeah, I remember that day. Guy wanted to shoot anything and everything. If it moved, it was as good as dead to him. That was a bit off, if I do say so myself."

"No way he can say the beer or the dope did it, because we all had no thoughts about shooting anything living, at least not then."

"Yeah, guy can be a bit off, can't he?"

"Yeah, I guess, but not really in a real bad way, you know? Not like he'd want to do anything bad to us, but he did like shooting Brock. If I said reload and shoot again, his clip would have been out and a new one in and emptied, before we had ours emptied. Guy just loves shooting shit and live things aren't out of the question."

"Freaky, dude. Hand me another beer, Prez."

"Sure, roll another joint, Sarge."

"Sarge? JT, please, nothing that evens sounds like Army shit."

"Yeah, better just stick with Lenny."

"Yeah, much better."

"So, you better? Nose back in place and ready to get some shit done?"

"Sure bro', let's do it, man."

JT and Lenny stood and hugged, then headed back outside. The shop was sounding busy with the sounds of tools being used and music playing in the background. JT recognized the song and told Otto to turn it up. Otto reached behind him and turned the volume up, making heads tune in on the song. On the Road Again, by Canned Heat, had heads bobbing and bodies moving to the beat of the music, as Wally's bike was torn down to the frame.

Otto used a hammer and dolly to bang out the dents in the fenders, making the once bent metal, perfectly smooth again. Piney was degreasing parts and Tom and Wally had a sheet of sandpaper each, taking down the finish and making it ready for paint. Clay was sitting with the engine between his legs, cleaning the built up grease and gunk that had accumulated over the years. He had his back to everyone, his face set in pained anger, as he cleaned and thought of his shame and disgrace. To him, he had only spoken his form of truth and didn't deserve what Lenny had done. Lorraine had serviced him numerous times at his request and she was happy to do it.

JT said goodbye and drove off in the Riviera to pick up Marlene. He pulled up in front at the doors and went to the elevator to go up. Before the doors opened, he heard his name called and saw Marlene in the lobby, relaxing on the couch, with her bags about her. He went over and saw she was anxious to leave the hotel, but something wasn't making her completely happy.

"All set, Mar?"

"Yes. Paid my bill, bags are packed and I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I guess."

"You guess?"

"Sit for a moment, JT."

JT sat beside her and she took his hand, holding it as a source of comfort to her.

"I was thinking about the farm and how I am and truly, is it really a good idea that I go there?"

"Sure, Mar. Moon said it's okay. The girls are excited about you coming and teaching you stuff. Azure was jumping up and down, she was so happy to know you were coming. I think she really misses you a lot."

"Really? I do miss her too. I'm scared JT. I know what I'm like and I don't want to cause any trouble while I'm there."

"Don't worry, you won't. I sort of told everyone to keep their hands off of you and there's no sex, until you are accepted and understand the rules of the commune.

"No sex at all?"

"Nope, none. I'm sure you can go a week without it, can't you?"

Marlene looked at JT with doubts in her eyes, knowing her desires for it and what was awaiting her at the farm.

"So, not even a little hanky panky?"

"What do you mean?"

"Not even a friendly handshake?"

"If you're referring to the handshake you gave me, certainly not."

"Shit, this isn't going to be any fun at all, JT."

JT chuckled, seeing the disappointment on her face and the emoted pout.

"You can do it, Mar. Just think, you go the whole week and learn the rules and you'll be having non-stop sex, until the parts wear out."

"Oh, my parts have a lot of life in them still, trust me."

"I wasn't totally referring to your parts, Mar. I know how into it you are, remember?"

"Yes you do, yes you do."

"Come on, learn the rules and see what else you might find interesting to try. You still want a chance to talk to Jake one more time, don't you?"

"Oh JT, I do. I really want to do that."

"Can't be having sex and talk to him at the same time. What do you want to do more?"

Marlene looked at JT with speculation, sizing up the priority of things.

"A week, right?"

"Hey, sooner if you put everything into it to learn."

"Okay, a week and I hope they can teach me how to talk to Jake. I really want to do that, more than anything else."

"Then let's get these bags in the car and we'll get you out there to get started."

JT called over the bellhop and asked him to help him with the bags out to the car. He loaded them in the trunk and closed it, then handed a ten dollar bill to him and thanked him kindly for all his help.

"That was nice of you JT. Tipping him that much."

"He deserved it. I'm sure you had him at your beck and call and had him running up and down to serve you."

"Yes, I did have him come quite a few times, didn't I?"

"And I only guessed. So, all set?"

Marlene was about to speak, when Unser showed up at JT's window and knocked, startling him.

"Sorry, JT. I heard at the station Mar was leaving the hotel and just wanted to come say goodbye."

"Oh Wayne, that's so sweet. Thank you so much for everything you did for me, I really appreciate it. I hope I get to see you again sometime."

"Me too, Mar, I'd like that. So, where did you decide on going to?"

"JT is taking me out to the farm in Calaveras to meet everyone in the commune again. They've been so wonderful to me and I'd like to thank them, maybe stay a little while and relax in the country. I think that would be good for me, right about now."

"Calaveras ain't all that far, hopefully you'll find some time to make it back into Charming. Maybe sit and have a coffee and a couple of cannolis."

"Oh, I'd like that very much, Wayne. I hope we can find some as good as Mrs, Cacuzza makes."

"She made those?"

"And the manicotti, too."

"No shit?"

"No shit."

"Damn good cook, that's for sure."

"Trudy's forte. No one is hungry in that household."

"I bet. Okay, guess that's about it. Just wanted to say bye and we done that."

"Don't fret, Wayne, I'll be back in town before you know it."

"Oh, Wayne, drop by the shop. We picked up a little something for you. I think you'll like it."

"What's that?"

"Go see."

Wayne's disposition perked up more and patted JT's shoulder, as he left and went back to his cruiser. JT started up and pulled out the lane, onto Main Street and on through town. Marlene looked from side to side at the houses and the people.

"This is really a nice little town, JT. It really is. Everyone looks friendly and the houses are lovely. If things don't work out at the farm, I'd really like to come back and live here."

"It's a great, little place. Not much in the way of excitement, or entertainment, but Lodi isn't far and there's a few places to go there."

"True. It's nice to know I have options at least."

"They're always good to have, Mar."

"Yes they are, JT, yes they are."

Marlene went back to looking out the window at the town passing by, as she reached over and took JT's hand in hers. JT could sense the connection was friendly, a sense of comfort in taking it. They drove past the motel, now abandoned and the windows and doors boarded up. They both looked at, taking away different memories and feelings of the place.

"I wonder what I should do with the place? I don't want to run it and honestly, who would want to stay there? I was thinking of selling it, but for the same reasons, who would want to buy it? It's like it has a curse, or something on it."

"I know what you mean. First the old guy gets it in the head with a bat, over boozing no less, then Jake and you get shot, all in a couple of months apart. Hard not to believe something's wrong with it. You know what I'd do?"

"What JT?"

"I'd make sure my insurance was up to date and burn the place to the ground. I'd get the money for the building and then I'd sell the land to someone and let them deal with the curse. Get money twice for it and come out to the good, in the end."

"Just like Jake. That would have been his solution to it, as well. Straight up and to the point. No messing around trying to fix anything."

JT felt Marlene's hand tighten on his and wondered if she felt she was holding Jake's hand and not his.

"Made sense to me."

"Makes sense to me, too. I think I know how Gianni can help repay me with a small favour as well."

"Why get him to do it? Why not let me and the guys do it?"

"Because Gianni uses professionals who make it look like an accident and no chance of arson. With all the break ins the place has had, no one would suspect anyone but trophy seekers."

"I think Jake rubbed off on you too. That sounds like Jake's style."

"No Sweetie, that's my style. I learned the business, remember? I just never got involved in anything. I still know a lot of things in my arsenal of knowledge of them."

"Maybe I have to watch out for you too?"

"Oh JT, the worst I could ever do to you, is fuck you to death and you know it."

JT laughed happily, knowing Marlene would gladly end his life that way, if he wanted it to happen. Marlene let their hands rest on his thigh and went back to looking at the scenery, enjoying the trip into the country.

Wayne pulled into the lot and drove down to the garage, where the floor was littered with parts and pieces of Wally's bike. The guys were going over everything, making sure it was good, repairable, or replaceable. He got out and looked at everything and tried to imagine that this was what JT wanted him to see. They saw the puzzled look on his face and Piney asked him why.

"I saw JT at the hotel, before he took Mar over to the farm. Before he left, he said I should come over, because you had something for me. It's not this pile of crap, is it?"

"Shit no, Wayne. JT was talking about this little beauty right over here. Come check this out, you'll love it."

Piney took Wayne around the side of the office, where the Honda was parked. Wayne looked at the small bike and became giddy with happiness. Piney told Wayne to get on it and see how it felt. No sooner had he sat on it and felt how light it was, he was asking to ride it.

"You know what, Wayne, hang off on that for a minute. JT wants to do something you'll like more. He wants to have you come on the weekend and join us and the whole commune for a sort of party."

"What sort a party?

"Sort of a, 'Learn to Ride' party, you could call it. Close the compound and play music, have a barbeque and we teach everyone who wants to learn how to ride. I'm thinking some brain buckets might be a good idea."

"Brain buckets?"

"Helmets."

"Oh right, good idea. Don't need my melon getting squashed by the bike, if I tip over, or something."

"It's no harder than riding a bicycle, Wayne. Once you know the clutch and gears, it's a piece of cake."

"Yeah, piece of cake."

"Don't make it out to be some complicated thing. It's the same as a standard car, just switching hands and feet to do it."

"Yeah, piece of cake."

They laughed and then Wayne asked when the party was again.

"This weekend, hopefully, as long as the weather holds out."

"Good, I'm off duty this weekend. Nice to have one of those, once in a while."

"What's that?"

"A weekend off. Always working the Saturday, or the Sunday, so I never get a real weekend."

"Bummer."

"So tell me. What's that pile of parts on the floor all about? Looks like somebody took all the screws out and it fell apart."

"That's about accurate. It's Wally's new bike. Well....not new, but his first one. We want to make sure it's a good runner and no problems. He can decide what he wants for a colour after. Safety first."

"Yeah, good idea. What kind is it?"

"Sportster, a 62. Guy Wally got it from, had it sitting in his garage for the past five years. Really wanted to ride it, but he couldn't keep his balance on it and dropped it so many times, he got sick of picking it up. Otto banged out all the dents and we'll make sure every nut and bolt is good, before we put it back together. Not much to it, really. Goes together pretty quick, as long as nothing is fucked up."

"I hope I'm not like that guy and get fed up falling over. Too sore to pick my sorry ass up again."

"You really need more confidence, Wayne. You'll always fail if you keep saying you will."

"Philosophy one of your new past times now?"

Piney had a good laugh over that and continued.

"I just picked up a few things that made sense to me. Most of what anybody says is bullshit, but sometimes, someone got a handle on something and figured it out."

"True words, Piney."

"So, let us teach you and you'll see how easy it is and kick yourself for not realizing you had it in you all along."

"Okay, Piney, I'll give it my best shot, but I ain't promising anything."

"All you have to do is believe and do your best and you'll be having a blast in no time."

"So, what time on the weekend?"

"If Saturday works, let's be here around eleven, that way everyone has lots of time to try riding and we can enjoy the whole day."

"Sounds good. Anything I should bring?"

"Just your confidence and a need to have fun."

"You got it, Piney. See you guys on Saturday."

"Great Wayne, see you then, Buddy."

Wayne was smiling happier than he could remember. Old friends were treating him like a good friend, whispers were going around that he might be made deputy chief and his dad was doing okay, despite the kidney problems. The townsfolk had heard he solved the crime and he was close to hero status with them. Already, little favours were being done for him. Free coffee and sandwiches, Floyd gave him a free haircut and Jose at the dry cleaners said his next cleaning was free.

He got in his cruiser and looked in the mirror at the guys in the shop, knowing that all his good fortune rested on the shoulders of guys, that most people wanted to avoid and some wished would just go away and never return. His heart felt a hurt for them, deep inside, knowing they were being wronged by people's judgement of them. Criminals or not, they were the best people he knew in town and he swore to himself, that if they needed him, he would go the distance for them, like they were doing for him.

The guys watched Unser drive away and knew the hook was set deep and reeling him in was going to be easy. They did like him and no one wanted any harm to come to him, but if they needed him, the friendship would come second to the blackmail, in guaranteeing them assistance.

JT felt his stomach do a few tiny flip flops, as he drove past the gate and stopped in front of the house. Marlene was looking it over and there was no disappointment on her face, as she took it in. The door opened and girls rushed out to the car. Marlene did her best not to show her excitement, as several were topless and the bared breasts looked like invitations to play. She got out and was swarmed by the girls, hugging her and letting her know how happy they were she was there and doing better physically. Marlene looked over her shoulder at JT, who shook his head and smiled, as the girls ushered her inside. JT popped the trunk lock and took the bags out and closed it again. He carried them inside and put them down in the foyer, listening to the constant chatter of voices, telling Marlene about everything.

He let a smile come to him, as he saw Marlene trying to keep herself under control, when the girls were making it near impossible not to. They came back down after a quick tour and sat in the living room, a warm fire burning and casting a welcomed warmth to the air. Azure was making her a tea and something to eat, while the others sat around her and began the process of initiation to the commune. Spirit was explaining love and all its powers to her, when he cleared his throat to get their attention.

"Girls, take good care of Marlene. I have to get back to the shop and do some things. We'll all be back by dinner time and get together then. Don't confuse her with everything all at once, just a bit at a time, okay."

"Don't you worry, JT. I'm catching on pretty quick already. I might be old, but I can still learn new things."

The girls immediately objected to her saying she was old and JT knew she had them in her palm already. He chuckled as he waved and walked back out to the car and drove back to Charming. He was barely a mile away, by the time Marlene was getting undressed and sat in the middle of a circle naked, the girls already doing a cleansing of her soul. Marlene couldn't help but sneak as many peeks at the girls, as she could. It took all she had, to quell the sexual desires and focus on true love instead.

JT parked the car and walked into the bay, where the parts were cleaned and sorted, ready to go back together. He got a hearty welcome from them, Clay still hesitant in expressing any emotion at present.

"Nice job, guys. The bike will go together a helluva lot easier now. So what parts does it need?"

"Hardly a thing, JT. Even though the guy dropped a zillion times, the damage was easy to fix and it's just the small pile over there that needed replacing."

"Shit, Wally, That's it?"

JT looked at the half dozen parts and it was all cosmetic things, letting him know nothing mechanically was wrong with it. The frame was sanded and painted a gloss black, hanging from the hoist by a couple of wires, while other parts were sanded and primed.

"So, did you figure out what colour you want it painted?"

"Yeah. Otto's going to spray it shiny black and do some flames, with silver pinstripe around them, on the fenders and tank."

"Sounds nice, man, can't wait to see it. Can't wait to have you riding with us finally, either. Your Biscayne has been the best and we still need it, but I always feel you're missing out."

"What am I missing out on?"

"Wait till this pile of nuts and bolts is together again and tell me after you go for your first club ride, what you're missing out on."

"That good, huh?"

"Ride and then you tell me what you think yourself. If you don't feel the way we all do, something's wrong with you brother. The moment your feet leave the ground, it's total freedom, I can't describe it any other way."

"Can't wait, JT. I watch you guys from behind all the time and trust me, it looks awesome to see you all move together like that. Where do I get to ride?"

"Beside Tom. It goes, me up front, Piney and Lenny, Keith and Otto, Tom and you, then Chico and Clay at the rear. If we go on a long ride, Lenny will ride at the back, as road captain, like on our runs south."

"Right, right. I was getting confused seeing the order change and wondered if I would change too and didn't know when."

"No, your place won't change. Just Lenny's."

"What does he do as a captain?"

"He's like the leader at the end. If something goes wrong at the rear of the pack, I won't know about it. Lenny can handle what it is and then catch up again, or signal to stop."

"I got you now. I got a lot to learn, don't I?"

"Not really. What we need to do more than anything, is get some miles under you and know what your bike feels like. Once you know how it rides, then you start riding beside someone and know how to stay to your side of the lane. Cornering is a bit tricky, but you follow what the guys in front are doing and it gets easy pretty quick."

"Lot more than twisting a throttle."

"Yeah, but all the other shit is just as much fun too. Wait until you know your bike and you'll be itching to club ride. Too bad we can't figure a way to let you ride and make up for what the car carries."