Reese Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

The first one he saw was Timoteo. He swept the small boy into his arms and hugged him.

"Where is your mother?"

"She is in the back picking potatoes. Where have you been papa? Were you really in prison?" Timoteo asked hugging him back.

"Yes, where are the others?"

"Anna is sleeping and Mateo is helping mother in the back."

The next thing Giovanni did was to go kiss his newborn daughter not noticing the fleas that jumped from his hair to hers. He picked Timoteo up and carried him to the back again not noticing the transmission of fleas.

As soon as Angelica saw him, she dropped the pail of vegetables, ran to him and threw her arms around him.

"Giovanni! Thank god you're alright! Did they hurt you? Are you hungry? Mateo go set the table! Timoteo, fill up the basin with fresh water! Your father is a mess!"

"I am fine now that I am home" Giovanni said hugging her. All memory of the illness at the prison disappeared as he followed his wife into the house thinking of burying his cock deep inside of her.

Two days later, the baby began to act listless. Then she burned with fever. Giovanni didn't make the connection until her little neck began to swell. He ran from the house and went in search of the doctor. He had no money except for the change that he found the day that he had been arrested. He prayed that it would be enough, but if it wasn't; he would drag the man kicking and screaming to his house.

He caught the physician as he was leaving his home.

"Please! You must help me! My baby daughter is ill! Her neck is swollen and she burns with fever! You must come with me!"

"There is a sickness going around," the doctor told him. "Several have already died."

"Then you must come now before it is too late!"

"You say that her neck is swollen?"

"Yes-"

"Then it isn't me that you need," the doctor said sadly. "You need a priest."

"You have to try and save her!" Giovanni screamed.

"I'm sorry, but the senator Paolo Rossi is in need of me."

"I have money!" Giovanni said with tears running down his face. "I will indenture myself to you for as long as you wish, but please help me!"

"I cannot," the doctor said and began to walk away.

Giovanni dropped to his knees and did the one thing he had never done- he begged. He wrapped his arms around the doctor's legs and sobbed.

"Please! I am begging you! My daughter-"

The doctor pulled away, reached into his bag, took out a small packet and handed it to Giovanni.

"This is for pain and fever. Rub a small amount on her gums and it will make her more comfortable. I am sorry; I wish that I could do more." The doctor said as he pulled away from Giovanni and walked away.

Giovanni watched as the doctor hurried away. He got to his feet and ran back home holding the small packet tightly in his hand. As he approached the house, he could hear the baby crying and Angelica trying to sooth her.

"She will not nurse and her body is on fire," Angelica said as soon as Giovanni ran into the house.

Giovanni opened the small packet, stuck his pinky finger in to coat the tip of it with the white powder.

"What is that?" Angelica asked pulling the baby back.

"It is from the doctor," Giovanni replied. "He says that it will help the fever and pain."

Angelica watched as he spread the powder on Anna's gums. A few minutes later, Anna was sleeping.

"What is this illness?" Angelica asked.

"I do not know, the doctor said that others have it."

"Did they recover?"

"I did not ask," Giovanni said hating himself for lying.

Two nights later, he was carrying Anna's small body to the potter's field. On the way, he was passed by a carriage. The passenger looked out at him- Paolo Rossi. Giovanni didn't understand it. How was he well when he had the sickness? He hadn't heard of anyone that survived so far. He continued on his solitary journey to the field sobbing as he dug her daughter's grave.

Four days later, he made the same journey. This time it was Timoteo. His heart ached as he buried his son next to his daughter. As with the night he buried Anna, he saw not one carriage leave; but several. The sight struck him as odd, but what piqued his curiosity was that the passengers looked pale but otherwise healthy. One of the passengers was the doctor who had given him the medicine for Anna. He and the doctor exchanged glances and then the carriage was gone.

Giovanni tearfully buried his son and made his way back home praying that the sickness would pass over his wife and remaining son. As he stumbled home, he saw something lying in the road. He stopped, picked it up and examined it. It was a pink hair comb. He looked around to see if anyone was watching and stuck the comb in his pocket to be cleaned later. When he entered town, he heard the wailing of a woman and knew that someone else had died.

*****

Reese shook himself out of the past and dried his wet face. He packed up his laptop, grabbed his satchel and left the hotel. He gave the clerk a curt nod on his way out to his bike. The cold March air hit his face when he stepped outside. He stood on the steps of the hotel for a few minutes enjoying the feel of the cold air on his skin. Reluctantly, he walked to his bike and put the helmet on. He really didn't need it, but he didn't want to stick out.

He made sure that his long dark hair was secured and the pink hair comb was in place before taking off. When he crossed the state line that crossed from Indiana into Kentucky, he pulled over and looked behind him. He bid Indiana a farewell and continued on his way not stopping until just before dawn. He checked into a hotel near the Tennessee/Georgia line.

"When are you checking out?" the man behind the counter asked.

"Tomorrow night and I'm paying for both nights now."

"You understand that there's a fee for checking in early"

"How much?" Reese asked as he reached into his jacket for his wallet.

"Well check in isn't until three and it's barely dawn..."

"How much?" Reese asked again his tone showing his impatience

"Forty dollars."

"Really?" Reese asked. "Your nightly rate is forty-five. So that means that you're charging me for a full night that I wasn't here. Your fine print says that early check in is twenty dollars. Again, how much is early check in?"

The money wasn't the issue; it was the principal that mattered. Reese hated being cheated in the past and he hated being cheated now. And while money may not have been an issue for him, it might be for someone else.

The man looked behind him at the sign wondering how Reese could have read the fine print from where he was standing. Most travelers were so tired that they paid the extra charge without complaining.

"Twenty dollars for early check-in," the man grumbled.

"That's better and I'm paying cash unless you don't accept money."

"Cash is fine, any preference as to room? We're pretty much empty."

"I want something in the back and in the corner" Reese said. "Also tell housekeeping not to disturb me, I sleep during the day."

"Yes sir-anything else?"

"Stop cheating people out of their hard earned money" Reese said staring at the man his dark eyes flashing.

"Yes sir- your room is 114 in the back. The ice machine is just outside the door."

Reese thanked the man, took the room key and walked his bike around to the back of the building. After unpacking it, he whispered a few words over it and went into his room. He immediately set up his laptop and checked for another email from Dante.

"Reese, your guy is definitely in Florida, but not Sarasota. He changed his mind and went to the Daytona Beach area. Believe it or not, the idiot is using his real name. He apparently owns a portion of the beach somewhere down there. I don't have an address yet but I'll keep you posted. I'm already at my new location and have changed my name as well. I don't want my pillow talk friend to track me down by my name. The new name is Marco as in Polo. Catch you later..."

Reese reread the email and responded.

"Who is this new "pillow talk friend"? I want a name."

Reese signed off and stripped. He took the pink hair comb out of his hair and kissed it remembering the day that he had given it to Angelica. He touched the wooden carving around his neck and then brought it to his lips and kissed it. It was the last thing that Mateo had given him before he died. He removed the chain and sat it on the dresser. He didn't want the pouch or the wooden carving to get wet. He stopped at the mirror as he walked to the shower. His dark hair was long and peppered with white. Had he remained human, he would have been totally gray by the time he was forty- if he lived that long.

He was thin, but not emaciated- wiry was a better word. Even so, women found him attractive. At the thought of women, his cock hardened. It had been more than a week since he had last been with one. As soon as it was dusk, he would go out and look for a willing bed partner. Never in his life had he forced a woman and he wasn't going to start now. He had also never compelled a woman. If he didn't find a willing partner, his hand would have to do until he did.

As he looked at his reflection in the mirror, his hand absently made its way to his erect cock and touched it. He took a breath and encircled it with his hand and began to pump slowly up and down bringing the skin over the head and pulling it back again. Suddenly, he stopped and looked back at the bed. The shower, he decided could wait.

He lay on the bed and looked at his erect cock for several seconds before taking it back into his hand. He smeared the sticky clear fluid that ran from the tip over and around the head and shaft. He closed his eyes and imagined that Angelica was with him. That it was her hand pleasuring him instead of his own. With his free hand he pinched his nipples as he softly murmured her name. The hand on his cock moved faster as its grip tightened. He moaned each time the skin of his cock covered the head and then was pulled back down. His hips arched off the bed as he stroked even faster and harder. He came with a shout and a moan. His seed covered his hand and belly, but he didn't care. He lay there for several minutes until he caught his breath before finally going into the shower.

He sighed as the hot water ran over his body washing away the dirt, grime and semen from his body. He used the hotel's shampoo and soap washing until his salt and peppered, mid- back length hair squeaked. When he was done, he dried off with the thin, rough towels that the hotel provided and lay back on the bed. For once, he closed his eyes and the visions of the past didn't appear.

He opened his eyes just as the sun was setting and looked toward the draped window. Someone was approaching his bike. He lay not moving for several seconds and waited. A moment later, he heard loud cursing.

"What the fuck!"

The would be thief was not to be deterred. A minute later, Reese heard a pain filled howl and a string of curses. He chuckled as he got off the bed and peeked out of the window. The thief was walking away in search of easier pickings. He chuckled again as he closed the drapes. His stomach rumbled reminding him that he needed to feed.

After he dressed, he booted his laptop and logged onto a website only known to his kind. He needed to know if there was a place where he could purchase blood if he couldn't find a willing female. To his surprise and pleasure, there was a place not more than forty miles from where he was staying. As with the chess website, he used a fake name and address to log in. The debit card he used wouldn't be traced back to him if anyone began looking for him. Once again he was grateful that he had turned Dante. He turned the laptop off, warded the room and left in search of a bed partner.

Fortunately for him, it was a weekend night. The bars would be full, increasing his chances of finding someone. He bypassed the first two bars that he saw opting to go further away from the hotel. He saw a third bar, parked his bike, walked into the bar and quickly walked out. Something didn't feel right to him although he couldn't say what it was.

The fourth bar was owned by wolves so he bypassed it knowing that he wouldn't be welcome. It wasn't until he got to the fifth bar did he stop. He parked his bike, warded it and walked in. He looked around the dimly lit room for a table or seat in the corner. Seeing none, he decided to wait until one became available.

"It sure is packed in here," a voice said from behind him.

Reese looked to see who had spoken, but didn't respond. All he wanted was a beer that he couldn't drink and a woman and the speaker wasn't a woman.

"I haven't seen you here before," the man said.

When Reese didn't answer, the man continued talking. Reese recognized the man for what he was- someone who was hoping to con a stranger into providing him with drinks for the night.

"It's not unusual for strangers to share a table when the bar is full-"

"Excuse me," Reese said politely, "but I prefer to drink alone. Perhaps you can find someone else to share a table with."

The man shrugged his shoulders and turned to the people behind him.

"Foreigners," he grumbled and then began his pitch about sharing a table.

Reese tuned the man out and kept his eyes peeled on one table in particular. It was in a far corner where he would be partially hidden. Finally after an hour, the couple who had been at the table left. Reese made his way to the table and stopped when he realized that someone was behind him. He turned around to see the man that had been behind him.

"I told you that I drink alone," Reese said his tone cool.

"Yeah, I heard you; but-"

Reese didn't give the man a chance to finish. He walked past him and out of the door. He jumped on his bike and took off. The next bar was a strip club located about ten miles from the last bar. The loud music coming from the bar made his ears ring, but here at least the other patrons would be watching the dancers and he would be left alone. He dulled the sounds of the music, warded his bike and walked in. Unlike the previous bar, there were plenty of corner tables. Most of the men were sitting up front close to the stage where they had a good view and could tuck dollar bills into the bras and G-strings of the dancers.

He noticed with some disgust that many of the men wore wedding bands. He had to wonder what kind of man would be in a place like this and not at home with his family. Thoughts of his own family came to mind as he watched the male patrons vie for the attention of the dancer on stage.

Their lives hadn't been easy and sometimes there hadn't been enough food to eat, but they loved each other. He remembered the stories that Angelica made up to entertain the children before bedtime. There was always the conflict between good and evil and in her stories, the good always won. The thing was that he believed that just as much as the children had. What happened during the sickness destroyed that belief. What happened to him had almost destroyed him, but now he used it to his advantage.

Reese took a seat way in the back of the room and watched the dancers with a hardening cock. He felt no guilt. He had no wife or family waiting for him. He had been sitting in the corner for several minutes before a woman came to his table.

"What can I get you?" she asked in a bored tone of voice.

Reese looked at her for a second before replying. She was no raving beauty, but she was pretty with soft brown eyes and full lips. He ordered a beer knowing that he wouldn't drink it; he had lost the ability to drink alcohol as well.

"Will that be it?" She asked impatiently.

"What else are you offering?" Reese asked looking up at her the suggestion in his voice obvious.

The question caught her attention. Instead of being insulted, she looked flattered and blushed. She fingered the loose hair that hung from the side of her face and smiled. The smile transformed her from pretty to beautiful.

"What's your name?" Reese asked smiling up at her.

"Chris" she replied.

"You are a very attractive woman, are you attached?"

"No-are you?"

"No and I haven't been for a long time," Reese replied.

It was now time for honesty. Reese could tell that she was interested and what happened next was up to her.

"Chris, I'm not going to lie to you," he said. "I'm looking for no more than a bed partner for the night. It has been a long time for me and judging by your reaction to me; it's been a while for you too. After tonight you will never see me again."

"You're talking about a one night stand," Chris said looking around to see who was watching. "Do you have a name?"

"Ben," Reese replied choosing from the list of many names that he had just for occasions like this.

He could see the indecision in her eyes, but said nothing. The choice had to be hers.

"You aren't a nut job are you?" she asked after a few seconds.

"I assure you that I am not a nut job. I am just a traveler in need of female companionship."

He could have sweetened the deal by offering money, but he had never paid for sex and he wasn't going to start. If she said no, he would go to the blood bank, buy a couple of units and go back to the hotel.

"I get off in two hours, meet me out back."

Reese smiled and nodded at her. Luck had been with him. He shifted in his seat trying to rearrange his erection. It was going to be a long two hours.

***

Paolo Rossi walked around his spacious Daytona Beach condo sipping on red blood laced wine. He was as thin as ever and his personality hadn't changed. He still thought that he was the most important being on the face of the earth. Unlike Reese, he had embraced technology and depended on it to keep him out of harm's way. He ignored the warnings of the others about keeping his name. He was proud of his name and refused to give it up.

"But Paolo," Alberto said, "You must change your name. There are those who search for us."

"Alberto, you cluck like a chicken," Paolo told him. "Stop worrying and enjoy life."

Paolo heard about Alberto's death about twenty-five years after it happened from one of the ones who had left Messenia with him. Running into the man/vampire had been completely coincidental, but Paolo considered it a happy coincidence.

"How did he die?" He asked.

"I cannot swear to it, but I believe that it was one of our kind," Edward Martin who was born Antonio Martinelli said.

"What makes you think that?" Paolo asked. "It could have been one of his male lovers. You know that he had an affinity for human males."

"That is true, but-"

"Was he staked?" Paolo interrupted.

"No- he was tortured before he was beheaded," Edward replied. "No human could do that without help."

"Unless they were hunters and they caught him unawares," Paolo replied.

"Whoever or whatever killed him shouldn't have been able to get close to him."

"Which confirms my theory about hunters," Paolo replied. "They travel in packs do they not? Alberto's guards were simply caught with their britches down."

"Then why were there no human bodies found? You and I both know that it's almost impossible to catch one of us off-guard. Even if that happened, there should have been human casualties."

"Then he had a traitor in his midst and any human casualties were taken care of." Paolo said. "How is it that you know so much about it?"

"I keep track of things since no one else seems to care-Paolo- do you ever think about those days and what we did?"

Paolo gave Edward a level stare before replying.

"No I don't because it was survival. It was either we did what we had to do or we starved. And no, I don't regret it and I would do it again if I had to."

"You would choose to become one of these creatures again?" Edward asked somewhat shocked.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers