Reevaluating a Life and a Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TCct
TCct
552 Followers

In my mind, if she wasn't cheating and we divorced I would happily split all of our assets but if she was cheating ...well that was different. I had to figure out how to protect this money. She would not be rewarded for betrayal and dishonesty. I also, had to figure how to gain control of our joint accounts, and sell our Dallas home (it was in my name only but she loved it) and try to retain our country property. I loved that place, we had planned to retire there and I didn't want to give it to her or have to sell it. Of course if it looked like I couldn't save it for myself I would force its sale before I would allow her to take it! I had paid for it, furnished it and maintained it for 10 years now. She simply wasn't entitled to it as far as I was concerned. If I had to I would give her the house in Dallas. I wanted to dump it just because she loved it so much but I would forego that pleasure if it meant I could keep my country home.

This was going to take time and I wasn't sure that she wasn't going to simply have ME served someday soon so I got to work immediately.

The first thing I had to do was see a lawyer. One of my old college buddies was a corporate lawyer here in Dallas. I called him and asked him to meet with me and he readily agreed. We met at a roadhouse near his office that evening and over dinner and a couple of beers I explained my situation and asked for a referral to a family law attorney as well as his personal and legal thoughts on my situation.

His legal advice was sobering. Basically, I was fucked.

If I divorced her there was no way to protect any of my assets from her. No legal means at any rate. And while Texas still had a healthy good-ol-boy network that frowned on cheating wives No Fault meant I might get a 50/50 split with a small alimony payment to Amy. No matter who did what, if she was cheating on me than, no harm, no foul. Give her half of everything you have and let her move her boyfriend in to your house while you pay her alimony.

He advised me to, from a legal standpoint where it impacted the status of my marriage, do nothing. I merely blinked at him. He smiled and said, "don't divorce her, change the equation, find out if she's cheating and if she is fuck her, fuck her boyfriend and split with whatever you can take with you. Let her pony up for a divorce and try to recover anything you take with you."

He did refer me to a "shark of a lawyer" specialized in family law - she was the only lawyer he would be afraid of if he and his wife were to divorce.

Plan B it was.

Yup, the gravy train was over for Amy.

She continued to avoid me and I let her. I didn't ask about her schedule or weekends or our sex life or lack of intimacy anymore and she seemed to take that as a victory. As if I had simply accepted the new situation. I was now spending most of my time at our country home and rarely saw her. That seemed to please her.

My new divorce lawyer met with me and helped me change the beneficiaries on my will and insurance policies etc. She also suggested I hire a private investigator because as she said, "Texas may be no-fault but there ain't nothing like a little visual carnal evidence to nudge a negotiation in the right direction." I agreed. She recommended an ex-cop who ran an agency she had used for some time with much success and had her AA contact him to schedule an appointment. He saw me that afternoon and I paid for the deluxe package and had our entire life wired for sound and video.

Within days they knew the 'who' and the 'when' and how long and were working on getting the video evidence my lawyer thought might help me if it came to divorce.

A week later I sat reviewing the video evidence.

I was more devastated than I thought I would be and even Plan B faded from my thoughts.

The sex didn't strike me as anything special; he was not any bettered endowed than I am or in better shape. He didn't have any better techniques or even get her off most of the time. She didn't do anything with him that she hadn't done with me but her paramour took every opportunity to run me down verbally and she participated in that enthusiastically even suggesting they fuck in my bed next time, which they did. She didn't ask him to wear a condom and was trying to figure out a way to give me a creampie. Since I hadn't expressed any interest in sex with her for a while they discussed how to overcome that. It was him who suggested cutting me off in the first place but now the thought of my eating her pussy after he had fucked her really had him turned on; and Amy too for that matter.

I didn't know this woman and wondered if I ever truly had.

I felt empty.

Knowing your spouse is cheating and seeing your spouse cheat are quite different animals.

I had no fight left in me.

I had the video evidence sealed and gave it to my lawyer for safe keeping with instructions that it be given to my daughter in the event of my death. I prepaid Sarah's college tuition through graduation from our joint savings account and then liquidated my investment account. I would live on what I had from my investment account and it would last me for years without being frugal. And now our joint savings account was severally depleted.

Two weeks later, I looked around the house one last time, sighed and made peace with my decision.

I left my keys, cell phone and wallet on the desk in our foyer where I always left them. I took off my wedding ring and dropped it on the pillow of what was my side of the bed. Let her wonder about that. Then I left. I didn't speak with anyone, I didn't leave any letters.

I walked out the front door without even bothering to close it, walked around the corner, got in my "new" pickup truck and drove away.

Two weeks later a 40-something married man and father of 3 was mugged and savagely beaten coming out of a Motel 6 (what a cheap prick!). He would walk again, not for a while and even then with a pronounced limp. A month after the mugging his wife received a Fedex package with video showing her husband fucking a woman who looked to be in her early 50's. I understand that a year later they were divorced and he was broke.

After I left, I drove aimlessly for 3 days. I didn't really have a plan. I ended up stopping in a small town for lunch one day and decided I'd stay for a while. I found a small community college offering classes in welding and enrolled. Why not? After 12 months I managed to find work welding for an auto body shop...I only had a year of welding classes so I couldn't get a real welding gig but found lots of people willing to hire a guy for cash since it was a lot cheaper than a certified welder and most welders weren't interested in the little jobs I was taking.

I enjoyed my work there for another 4 months before deciding it was time to move on.

Over the next 2 years I drove around the country, stopping in small towns every now and then to get laid and weld something. I was enjoying myself for the first time in years.

I had hated my job in Dallas. The money was fantastic and even though I was a natural and excelled at it I found it difficult to get up every morning to face another day of it.

I did it for my family.

Amy expected it and Sarah deserved it.

Amy loved the money and it meant that she could play the saint working for a not-for-profit being paid peanuts to 'help' other people. In reality the organization she worked for was mostly staffed by wives of rich businessmen who wanted something to do and to be seen doing it. All of their fund raising events were covered by the local who's-who rag and the dresses the staff wore cost more than most of their patrons earned in a year of hard work. It was pathetic and most of the money raised went to fund the next charity event.

Mostly they helped themselves feel better about themselves.

Meanwhile, I busted my nut in a job I hated because I loved my family and that was what was expected of me.

When I left, I decided to only ever do things for myself from that point on.

I had sex with more than a few women over those three years. I enjoyed myself and hoped honestly that they did as well but I was in it for me. I was not going to settle down and if they became too clingy or difficult, I simply cut them loose. I wanted to get laid, not find a friend or soul mate.

I haven't looked back since and don't intend to. I don't know what became of Amy, the house or the 50 acres in the country and I don't care. She chose her path in life and if she's happy with her decision then I can live with that. I do secretly hope the bitch is miserable and broke but I won't go out of my way to make it happen. I would like to see my daughter again someday but only if she can promise not to let Amy know. So far she is having a difficult time making that promise.

I keep hoping.

****

"As I understand it, Robbie. My friend is happy now. He left a cheating slut and a miserable job behind and doesn't give his bitch of a wife a spit of thought. Why would he go back? So he can pay for her to fuck him over and let her make him miserable again? That just don't make no sense to me. He's happy, healthy and wealthy in all the areas that matter.

His wife and his marriage to her made him miserable. When he finally woke up and gave up he realized the only two good things that came out of it were his daughter and eventually his freedom.

He realized finally that he was the only one in the marriage really -- his wife brought the pussy and nothing else. Do you know he told me that after he left and sampled a few other women he came to realize that even the pussy she brought wasn't all that good. He knew, in retrospect, that she never, not once, brought her A-game to the marriage.

She played him for 24 fucking years. That just don't sound like anything worth staying for...OR going back to.

Hey, Kev, how about a couple more beers here?

He told me he felt his wife was a card-carrying narcissist and so he figured the cruelest thing he could do to her is pay no attention to her. He didn't want her to see his pain so she could feed on it and feel like she mattered because of it.

Indifference was the key, that would kill her but how could he be around her and be indifferent?

He decided if he just left everything he would be telling her not only was he indifferent about HER but about their entire life together. He figured it might take years but she would eventually falter and fail and in that he would win."

Robbie sighed, nodded "You're an interesting character, Bill and that's a good story. Where's your buddy these days?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "'who the fuck knows, Robbie. Getting laid and welding something somewhere. Definitely not working his ass off for an ungrateful, cheating whore. My bet is he's probably in Wisconsin. He told me he always wanted to see Wisconsin. Where ever he is I'm sure he's as happy as a pig in shit and not looking to change anything.

Say, why doesn't your friend Mrs. Watkins just file for divorce under abandonment? Wouldn't it give her the control of the marital assets she seems to want so badly? Seems to me an easy fix to her problem and then you could stop looking for this Chas guy and pissing off complete strangers in the process."

"There are no longer any assets to gain control of, Bill. She tried to file under abondonement but because she tried to have he declared dead first by the time she got around to filing she had lost the house, the country property and her job."

"Ya don't say? What happened and why you still looking for this guy?"

"Well, she ran out of money, she couldn't afford the properties on her salary and because she couldn't sell them both properties went into foreclosure. The house was bought by an older, retired couple and the country estate by a company called CWW LLC, they are some kind of metal arts consulting company. Mrs. Watkins lost her job when it was discovered she was having an affair with a married employee."

"Wow, she she sure does have a twitchy twat don't she, Robbie?"

He nodded "Well, I sure am sorry I wasted your time, Bill but I did almost enjoy meeting you. " He fished 40 bucks out of his wallet, threw it on the table, rose and extended his hand to me. "No hard feelings?"

"None", I said, "but you should be more careful who you upset in future. You're lucky I'm such a patient guy!"

He laughed as he turned to go. He took about 6 steps before stopping and without turning he asked

"Bill?"

"Yes?"

"For what it's worth, Amy still loves him. She's sorry and had hoped to get him back. She is depressed, drinks too much and is not doing well."

"Women like her don't really know what love is, Robbie. They love themselves and they love the things other people provide for them. They are users and are incapable of thinking of others. They are greedy and ugly and deserve any misery they bring on themselves through their abuse of others. If she was sorry she wouldn't keep fucking other men. She is sorry only that she is not being provided for, that people might know the truth about her. She is sorry she got caught and that the money has dried up. If she were truly sorry, she might consider the feelings of her daughter and the fact that she is suffering without a relationship with her father. She might consider what she has put her husband through and leave him alone. She doesn't deserve him but she won't acknowledge that. In her warped, sick little world, she is the center of the universe and reality, responsibility, love, respect and honesty only apply if they suit her purposes. He and his daughter deserve better don't you think?"

He slowly turned to face me,

"Chas?"

"Yes, Bob?"

"Wisconsin gets cold in the winter, but I do know that Sarah loves it there. Maybe CWW LLC should relocate their office to Racine."

"Thank you, Bob. They just might. They just might."

TCct
TCct
552 Followers
12