Regrets - Darcy's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,677 Followers

My mum and dad said goodnight to me and said they would see me the next day. Rhett came back in and sat in the chair. He talked to one of the nurses who gave me some pain relievers and I was back off to sleep. When I awoke it was morning, there was Rhett sleeping in the chair.

"Have you been here all night?" I asked him.

He nodded his head and said, "This way I can tell everyone I slept with you again." I know I showed a faint smile, but that's the way he used to make me feel.

I told him not to make me laugh because it hurt to much.

He said he had to leave and go check on the kids, but he would be back later. I honestly thought he was going to kiss me but he didn't. I know I would have let him.

Being in the hospital and wondering if you're going to live or die sure changes your perspective. I knew what he had done to me was wrong, I mean really wrong. He kept asking my forgiveness for a second chance. I loved him but I just didn't know.

I felt better that day and had a few more visitors. I even had a couple of male friends come by and see how I was doing. They were just that - male friends. I look back and saw all the affairs I could have had but sex was more to me than a quick fuck. It was love and commitment. I honestly couldn't sleep with just anyone. I guess I was one of those apples in the top of the tree. I would give my all to the right man and there was only one man I have ever felt that way about and I divorced him for cheating on me.

When Rhett came back, Mum was already here. Jeff, my friend, had stopped by to see me. I had asked Mum to call him and let him know I wouldn't be going out Saturday. It was a bit of an uncomfortable situation when he kissed me lightly on the lips. Rhett was there and I know it must have bothered him. Mum asked Rhett to accompany her to the cafeteria and he went. It made it a lot easier to talk to Jeff.

He asked me if I thought we could ever be more than just friends? His feelings for me were getting stronger. I liked this man, maybe even loved him but more like a friend, not a lover. If I could just get my mind off of Rhett, maybe I could learn to love Jeff. I just didn't know.

I told him I needed a little more time. I would talk to him after the holidays. Right then I had to get well and focus on my daughters. He said he understood and leaned over and kissed me on the lips. It felt nice but there was no tingle. I used to always get a tingle when Rhett kissed me. Maybe I just got older and was thinking like a teenager. I let Jeff kiss me one more time before he left.

A few minutes later Mum and Rhett returned. I could see Rhett felt a little worried. He should be. After what he did, he was lucky we still communicated at all. He told me he made all the calls that I had asked him to make and all my appointments were taken care of. He was a bit jittery and said he had to leave.

"Darcy, I told Mom I would pick up the girls. The doctors say you will be getting out tomorrow and Mum said she is taking you home. If you need me for anything, please call me. I'll be there in a jiffy."

"Thank you, Rhett," I said. "Thank you for being there for me and the girls."

"Can I kiss you goodbye?" he asked.

"I'm probably too weak to fight you off."

He leaned over and kissed me. It was a very gentle warm loving kiss. "Thank you, Darcy," he said as he turned and walked out the door.

I felt the tingle. I looked over at Mum and she could see it in my face. Rhett still did it for me. I said a little prayer. "God, help me out here. I sure could use some guidance right now."

For the next few days, Rhett came over every day after he got off work. He cooked dinner for me and the girls. He washed our clothes and cleaned the house, did our grocery shopping but took the kids along so I could get some needed rest. He did everything he could to help me out. After seeing the kids to bed, he asked me if I needed anything else. He always said goodnight and went home. He never touched me or tried to kiss me.

He took the following week as vacation time so he could help me out. He and the girls decorated our house for the holidays. I had my Christmas shopping done but he saw that everything got wrapped. I put things in boxes and he had the girls wrapping them. I had to laugh when the girls found out they wrapped their own presents. It was so nice having him around. Each night he would head for home and be back the next morning.

He asked a favor of me. He wanted to know if the kids and I would have Christmas dinner with his family. He told me how his mom loved and missed seeing me and the girls. She was a wonderful woman, so I told Rhett that I needed to talk to my mum first. I would let him know. It would be the first time in four years that we would have Christmas dinner together. I was wondering if I was doing the right thing. After all he did cheat on me. Damn, was he really a changed person?

Christmas Eve arrived and all the decorations were up and the presents were wrapped. Rhett showed up at the house. I had invited him over. After all he had done for us in the last few weeks and being there for us, he didn't need to be alone on Christmas Eve. I know that three weeks does not change a person, but it was the holidays and he was my girls' father. I know they liked having him around. Hell, I liked having him around but tried not to overly show it.

"I talked to Mum and she said for you to come over tonight and celebrate Christmas Eve with us. It's not right spending it alone when you have family. Call your mom and tell her to set three extra plates for tomorrow and to make extra noodles." He had tears in his eyes as he walked to the phone.

He called his mom, "Mom, Darcy said to set three extra plates for dinner tomorrow and you will probably have to make extra noodles." Rhett's Mom asked to speak to me.

"Yes, Mom, we love you too... Merry Christmas to you too Mom, and tell Dad we love and miss him also."

We went to my parents' house. Rhett was a little nervous about going in. My mom greeted us and dad said hello to Rhett. My sisters and brother thanked him for helping me out the past few weeks. I always kept in touch with my family and let them know that it seemed that Rhett had been changing.. I watched Rhett's actions. He was really trying. He wasn't the pushy person he once was. He talked nicely to everyone and kept a low profile.

I was in the bedroom helping Mum when she said to me. "Honey, I know it's none of my business but Rhett still loves you. He told me so himself."

"I know, Mum, I know. It's just that I'm not sure what to do. It's the holiday season and all. I love him but don't know what to do. I don't want to make the same mistake twice in taking him back."

I saw my dad walking out the front porch. He smoked a pipe and only smoked it outside. I went out and he was sitting in his chair. I sat on the porch swing and told him I needed to talk to him.

"What is it, Honey? It's about Rhett, isn't it?"

"Yes, Dad, I'm not sure what to do. You see, I still love him but hate what he did to our family. I know the girls love him too. He says he has changed, Dad. What do you think?"

"Honey, no one can make that decision for you. How do you feel in your heart? It usually doesn't lie. Let me tell you about a friend of mine. He was in the service and when he came home, his wife approached him and told him she had an affair. She told him that she couldn't live a lie and not tell him."

"What did he do, Dad?"

"He felt in his heart that she was telling him the truth. He had to decide whether to leave her or try and forgive the woman he loved and the mother of his two kids at the time. He asked her if she would be true to him the rest of her days? She said, 'YES! It was a gigantic error I made and I promise that I will be the best wife a man could have.' "

"Did she keep her promise, Dad?"

"Yes, she did and they are one of the happiest couples that I know. In their case the second chance worked. Does that mean it will work for you and Rhett? Only your heart and God knows for sure."

"Thank you, Daddy. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Darcy, and I hope you can solve your problem."

It was getting late and we all said our goodbyes. We left and Rhett took the girls and me home.

"Do you want to come in for a Christmas Eve beer?" I asked Rhett

"I'd love to," he replied.

The girls started getting ready for bed. "Good night, Dad. See you in the morning. Be here by seven or we'll call you." They hugged their dad and kissed him goodnight.

The one thing we did as a family was invite Rhett over to watch the kids open presents. After that he would go his way and we would go ours. This year we were going to his parents' for dinner; it was a start.

The girls went to bed and Brett was sitting on the couch when I offered him a beer. He was still a good looking man but he did look like he might have matured.

"Rhett, thank you for helping with the kids and helping me with Christmas this year."

"Darcy, don't thank me for doing what I'm supposed to do and want to do. I know you don't want to hear it, but I love you."

"Rhett, please not now."

"Honey, I have to say it. I love you, I always have and always will. I did some really stupid things and am paying for it dearly. I want you to know that I was weak-willed and wrong."

"Rhett..."

"Please let me get it all out. I was a kid that had to hit bottom and see what I lost before that stupid light came on in my head. I can't change the past. God, I wish I could. Maybe I was just too immature, but by losing you, I grew up."

I stared at him. I wasn't sure what to say. He finished his beer and started to get up.

I don't know why I said it, but I did. "Rhett, it's stupid for you to drive a half mile and get up in a few hours and come back. Do you want to sleep on the couch? Then you'll be here in the morning. Besides you might see Santa Claus. He comes tonight, you know."

He was dumbfounded. After all, according to our agreement he wasn't to stay at the house. I went and got him a pillow and a blanket. I turned off all the lights except the lights from the tree. I said, "Goodnight," and went to take a shower.

I might have been making a big mistake but I put on a red silk and lace negligee that he had bought for me four years ago. I walked up to him lying on the couch and said, "Kiss me, Rhett, kiss me now." He kissed me and then kissed me again and again. Each time I felt the sparks. I was feeling tingly all over.

"What's the matter, Honey? Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm not sure what to do. I miss you so much and want you to make love to me. Right now I don't know if I'm doing the right thing." I had tears in my eyes but I was trying to follow my heart. God, I hoped I was doing the right thing. I wanted him so much.

"I love you, Darcy, I want you to trust me but I don't deserve your trust. I will promise you that I will do everything in my power to make you happy. I need that second chance to prove my love for you. Only you can grant it to me."

I didn't say a word but took his hand and guided him through the hallway and into my bedroom. The only light was from a nightlight that I kept on. We closed the door and I slipped off my negligee.

He was kissing me and rubbing my body. It was like receiving a massage. He got up and got between my legs and buried his face between my thighs. At first I wanted to stop him but it felt so good. It was the first time that I had experienced oral sex.

He buried his face into my pussy, sucking, licking, tonguing, and kissing, whatever it took to make me come. I was bucking while holding onto his head and I felt my climax approaching. I came within minutes. I felt my juices squirting all over his face as I moaned to high heaven. I did everything I could not to scream out. I even put a pillow over my face.

"Rhett, why did you do that? You never did that before."

"Honey, I have never done this to any woman ever. But I love you so much and I can't believe you taste so good."

He then guided his cock into my wet pussy. I squealed at his first entrance.

"God, it's been so long," I whispered.

We made love three times that night.

--------------------------------------

On Christmas morning, I woke up and there was Rhett staring at me.

"You were suppose to go back on the couch. What if the girls see you?"

"Too late," he said as our daughters came running into my room.

They didn't seem surprised, they must have seen us while we were sleeping. "Merry Christmas, Mom. Merry Christmas, Dad. Hurry up and get dressed. Santa's been here and we have a lot of presents to open." They ran out of the room as we both got up and got dressed.

It was a wonderful morning, watching the girls opening their presents and Rhett was almost as excited as the girls. After we finished opening our gifts, the girls were taking their presents to their room when I handed a small present to Rhett.

"What is this? Another present?" he asked.

I tried to explain to him, "Rhett, I gave it a lot of thought since my surgery. I want you in our lives. I'll take you back but there are conditions."

"Anything, Darcy, I'll do whatever it takes."

I told him, "For starters, you can't ask me anything about my personal life since our divorce and I won't ask you about yours. We can have mutual friends but Alice is not allowed back over here since she got that full body massage she always wanted." I really didn't have anything to hide but he didn't have to know that. I just wanted to make him wonder a little.

"You know about that..."

"Also, you have to read this book." I quickly opened it.

"The Lorena Bobbit Story." For those readers who haven't heard of her, she cut off her husband's dick with a knife.

I straight out told him, "Yes, I want you to know that, if you ever cheat on me again, what I will do to you will be much worse. Are you willing to take the gamble?"

He told me, "Darcy, I love you and you've given me a second chance. Of course I'll take it." Then he kissed me and I felt the tingles going through my body.

We were eating when the phone rang. It was Jeff. I tried to be honest with him and at the same time I was looking at Rhett.

"Jeff, I'm sorry. I'm not going to be dating anymore. I'm going to work on my marriage and make my family whole again... Thank you for being a good friend... right... okay... and Happy New Year to you also... bye."

The girls were looking at me when I got off the phone. Britt asked me, "Mom, is Dad coming home to live with us?"

"Yes, it kind of looks that way."

I remember her saying, "Boy, this is already a great Christmas and it just started. Welcome home, Dad." I think we all had tears in our eyes.

When we told Rhett's parents at dinner, his mom started bawling. She made us all cry.

After dinner we went over to my parents' house. Mum was also a very happy lady.

What Rhett didn't know was that I overheard my dad talking to him. It made me really proud of my dad. I guess I was still his little girl. He was a quiet man but he always meant what he said.

"Rhett, I love you like a son, but you hurt my little girl once. She is giving you a second chance. Don't fuck it up. If you hurt her again, you will have to deal with me. Everyone deserves a second chance, but you won't get a third. Welcome back to the family, Son!"

I almost laughed when I heard Rhett's reply. "Thank you, Sir, and I realize what I lost. Believe me, I won't mess it up again."

In the days that followed, Rhett moved back in. He did ask me how soon before we could get married.

"I want to wait till March 31, our original anniversary. I don't want to have to remember two dates."

So that was the date we set. It gave us three months to get ready and plan a wedding/anniversary party.

Life has been great since Rhett moved back in. He was keeping his promise and was helping me with the housekeeping and gave us a lot more time for our bedroom activities. Some time we just had a quicky when we could work one in. My favorites were the ones where we cuddled, hugged and kissed and then made love. He didn't say fantasy things to me any more. It was all about us now. The way it should be.

I asked Brett if he wanted to go anywhere for New Year's Eve.

"I would prefer to just stay home and celebrate with you and the girls," he said. " We could play games and maybe rent a movie. Shortly after mid-night I want to take you to bed and start the year off right by making love to you."

I told him that it was fine with me. "I would love that too." So that's exactly what we did. After the girls went to sleep, Rhett and I were going to try to do an all-nighter. If we didn't make it, who cares; it sure would be fun trying.

We enjoyed our life and our family. We spent time together. Rhett didn't go out with the boys anymore. He said he preferred to spend it with me and the girls. I know that he had turned over a new leaf. My dad started treating him more like a son. Thinking back, Rhett never did tell me about the talk with dad. As long as he kept his promise, I didn't care.

In March we rented a little hall and all our relatives and close friends were back to see us get married again.

After the wedding and at the hall I pulled Rhett aside and gave him another little present. He opened it to find that it was a cell phone.

"Honey, I have a cell phone," he said being a little surprised.

I explained why this phone was so special. "If you ever get an urge and you are afraid you can't handle it, there is a number you can call. You see, Bobbit one is our home phone and Bobbit two is my cell phone. You call it and I will be there to get you out of trouble. I'm really trying to help you here," I explained.

He smiled at me and told me how much he loved me and thanked me again for the second chance. "Honey, you look so beautiful in that dress. I'm a very lucky man to have you."

I told him, "Good thing we didn't get married in September then."

"Why's that, Darcy?"

"Because I would be blown up like a balloon by then, your son Brett should be here somewhere around the last week of September or the first week of October," I smiled with the big news.

"When did this happen?" he asked me.

"It was probably from that almost all-nighter on New Year's Eve since our son Brett will be born around September 30th and no, no one else knows. I thought the baby's father should be the first to know."

There was a lot of skeptics out there who didn't think I should have taken him back. I pondered it over and over again. I truly loved the man but hated his actions. I truly believe that getting the divorce was the right thing to do. It forced Rhett to face reality and make some real choices. I do believe him when he said he is a changed and now mature man.

As for me, I think that I had the inflamed appendix for a reason. It was God's way of telling me to slow down and digest what was happening to me. It gave me a chance to watch and see the changes in Rhett. To observe him helping out and trying to change. If I hadn't gone in the hospital, I wouldn't have seen any of this.

Epilogue:

On October 2, our little Brett was born. My husband and my mother were in the birthing room to see the miracle take place. My mom said that Rhett almost passed out but he was one proud father when he saw his son. He had promised me that he would take a much more active part in our kids' lives and he was going to be there for the birth of his son.

A little side note: Life at home was now hectic but great. One day when Rhett came in from work he walked in while I was changing little Brett. "My God, Honey, how can something so cute smell so bad?" He was gagging from the ca-ca diaper. He covered his mouth and walked out of the room.

After I changed Brett I brought him out and handed him to his daddy. "Well, son, you smell much better," he said as he held his little boy.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,677 Followers