Rehabilitation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry man, but you cant get involved with him. If something happened to him, could you honestly handle that again?" Thomas asked. Mick shook his head silently.

"So we agree then. You cant get involved with this new guy. What's his name anyway?" Thomas asked and the two began walking again.

"Zosimos, just Zo for short." Mick smiled.

"Why do you always pick the ones with the weird names?" Thomas laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zo watched the larger man leave. He was ashamed, now his only friend in the world knew he was a sex slave. If they could even really be called friends. He hardly knew Mick. Zo tried his best to get comfortable then fell asleep. He had erotic dreams about Mick and nightmares about Theo.

Zo awoke the next day and saw Mick wandering around the room. Making changes to the thermostat and doing other various things. There was a tray of food on a chair and Zo felt his stomach cramping in hunger. But he knew better then to ask for food, so he stayed silent.

Soon, Mick noticed the smaller man watching him and smiled.

"Good morning, sunshine." Mick smiled. Zo sat up in bed, pleased that he had most of his muscle control back.

"Good morning, sir." Zo whispered and kept his eyes to the ground.

"Hey, remember what we talked about. You're not my slave and I'm not your master. You don't have to call me sir and you can look at me." Mick used a finger to tilt Zo's chin up.

"Yes, sir." Zo replied, completely ignoring what Mick had said. Mick chuckled and sighed. He knew Zo wouldn't ask for food. He also knew that the small man must be starving.

"Here, I'm sure your hungry." He picked up the tray and brought it over to the bed. Zo said nothing but his eyes widened and his stomach growled.

"Before I give you this you have to do something for me." Mick said. Zo looked up at him in fear.

'I should have known he would want me. Everyone does.' He thought to himself.

"ask." Mick said. Zo cocked his head to the side like a confused dog.

"Excuse me, sir?" He whispered.

"Ask for food. I have rehabilitated many slaves before, Zo. I know you are scared to ask for food, and I need to fix that. So, when your hungry. You need to ask. From now on I wont bring you food if you don't ask ok?" Mick said. Zo stared at him silently before clearing his throat.

"May I have some food, please? Sir." He looked uncomfortable and scared, asking the simple question. Mick smiled and gave him a bowl of soup.

"You're stomach wont be used to having food regularly, so its mostly going to be liquids for now, but we will progress to bigger stuff. Have you ever had a hamburger?" Mick asked. Zo shook his head no while he pushed spoonfuls of steaming soup into his mouth.

"You're in for a real treat." Mick laughed. He picked up a napkin off the tray and Zo saw it had something in it. Mick unwrapped the napkin and pulled out two white circles.

"Have you ever had a cookie, Zo?" Mick asked. Zo loved it when he said his name, if he were a cat he would be purring like crazy just at the sound of Mick's smooth voice. He shook his head quietly and looked at the food Mick held in his hands.

"Here. I know you shouldn't have anything to hard on your stomach yet, but what is a cookie gonna hurt?" Mick smiled and broke off a small piece of one of the cookies. He gave it to Zo and Zo sniffed it before slowly putting it in his mouth. His eyes widened at the sudden sweetness of the treat. He reached for more of the cookie and Mick gave it to him gladly. He watch as the smaller man savored the treat and his icy Honey golden eyes looked up at him for more when he was finished.

"You shouldn't have anymore right now. But I will bring you something else tomorrow, okay?" Mick asked. Zo nodded his head and began eating his soup again. He wasn't used to having such flavorful food, but he knew he liked it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a week after his rescue,Zo was walking around the facilities. There were many other slaves there. Most were to weak or injured to walk around but he did meet a few others who were well enough to speak. Many were in the same place he was. Hurt, no master, no friends, in a strange new world. Sometimes he saw that slaves were put on auction again or some were given a small amount of money and sent on their way to live in the real world. Zo feared the day he would be sold again, or be put out on the streets.

Mick visited him every day. Sometimes they would just sit and talk, well Mick did most of the talking, or they would just sit in silence. Zo found out that Mick wasn't married, all he really had was his work. And Zo knew that he loved what he did. Sometimes when Mick would talk about past slaves that he helped he would start to cry in remembrance of them. Everyday with dinner he would bring Zo a new treat. Sometimes it would be a cookie, or a piece of especially sweet fruit. Once he brought him some ice cream, and another time he brought him a slice of cake. Zo was beginning to gain weight and he was just slightly below the normal weight now.

Zo was feeling much better and was now able to walk around without to much pain, Although he still had a heavy limp. His body was still covered in various cuts and bruises though. Everyday Mick would check his wounds to make sure they were healing alright. He treated Zo with such care that sometimes at night Zo would cry, just because he missed the love he got when Mick was with him.

"Hey, there you are. Hard to find you now that you wander so much." Mick walked up behind Zo, surprising him. Zo smiled and hugged Mick tight. Mick returned the hug just as tight.

"Can I have some food, sir?" Zo we getting used to asking for what he wanted now.

"Of course, its already in your room." Mick smiled and nodded his head towards Zo's room.

Zo crawled onto his bed and picked up the sandwich off the tray, he had adjusted to solid foods now and enjoyed food more then anything else. Mick picked up his own sandwich and began eating with Zo. They stayed silent, Zo had his eyes closed savoring the flavorful food. It amazed Mick every time how something so simple as a sandwich could bring such joy.

"Zo, we should talk about what is going to happen to you after you finish healing." Mick said and put his sandwich down. Zo opened his eyes and swallowed the bite he was chewing. He didn't put his sandwich down but just stared at Mick with his wide Honey golden eyes.

"I don't want you to be scared, Zo. If you do get sold again we will make sure you get a good master, who will treat you right. And if you don't..." Mick didn't have an answer for that.

"But I have to be honest with you, because of your leg its not likely you will be sold again. The scar from your surgery makes you.... Not likely to be bought as a sex slave. And your limp means you wont be able to do manual labor." Mick couldn't think of a nice way to tell Zo he was to damaged to be of any use to anyone. Zo swallowed and looked down and his leg. He put down his sandwich.

"Come on, Zo. Eat, you need your strength still." Mick pushed the sandwich towards him.

"I'm not hungry anymore, sir." Zo whispered. Mick sighed.

"I know this is a lot to take in, but I promise, things will work out." Mick gave him a reassuring smile and put his hand on his knee. Zo gave a weak smile in return but felt comforted by the gesture.

"I promise I wont let anything bad happen to you, Zo."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zo tossed and turned in his bad as the dark nightmare haunted him. His master was ruthlessly beating him again, as he had many times before. He couldn't see his face in the shadows but he could clearly see the whip; and hear it crack against his flesh. He screamed and begged for help but all that he could see was Theo's corpse laying on the other side of the room. There was nothing he could do to help himself and no one around to help him. His master laughed and came into the light, holding his long thick whip. That's when Zo saw that it wasn't his master, but Mick, holding the frightening whip.

He screamed in fright and bolted to a sitting position.

"Hey hey hey, calm down, Zo. It's Mick, you're okay." Mick held him as he cried, he could feel the large scars that crossed his back from his cruel master. Zo held onto him tightly and buried his face in Mick's neck. After awhile the tears started to subside and he wiped them away as he pulled himself away from Mick.

"You okay? It was just a nightmare." Mick said and stroked his hair. Zo nodded and looked down at his bed.

"What are you still doing here, sir?" Zo asked quietly. It was two a.m. And Mick should have been home hours ago.

"I had some paper work to finish up, here." Mick said, and handed him a glass of water. Zo sipped it carefully before putting it down and hugging Mick again.

Mick loved the feeling of the smaller man against his chest. He squeezed him tight and stroked his back lovingly. He wanted more then anything to kiss the top of his head but knew that that would be crossing the invisible line he had set for himself.

" It's not uncommon for people in your situation to have nightmares. They will go away with time." Mick said. Zo nodded weakly and laid back down, curling up on his side.

"Will you stay with me, sir?" He whispered, almost hoping Mick wouldn't hear him. Mick hesitated for a moment.

"Sure." He said finally. He curled up around Zo and felt the smaller man snuggle back into his chest. He stroked his hair until the small man was snoring softly. Soon after, Mick followed him into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mick woke up and saw that Zo was huddled in his arms. Both hands were on Mick's chest and his face was buried in Mick's neck, similar to the night before. Mick's arms were wrapped around him tightly, protecting him from any unseen danger. Zo snored softy and Mick sighed. He loved the feeling of holding the other man. He missed the intimacy two lovers shared.

'He isn't you're lover!' he screamed to himself mentally. He moved away just enough so he could see Zo's sleeping face and sighed again. He wanted nothing more then to kiss those soft pink lips that were open slightly. Before he could stop himself he leaned down and stole a gentle kiss from the pink lips. He licked gently at the lips but went no further before he pulled back. Zo sighed in his sleep and a small smile crossed his lips. Mick wished that they could share a kiss, while Zo was at least awake. He scowled and stood up. Zo stirred from his sleep and his eyes opened to reveal the Honey golden eyes. He smiled when he saw Mick looking down at him. He rolled onto his back and stretched before sitting up.

"Good morning, sir." He chirped. That was one thing Mick could never understand, Zo loved mornings like a fish loved water.

"Morning." Mick gave a small smile, which was broken by a yawn. He rubbed the back of his neck and cursed at the stiffness. "I need coffee." He growled and began shuffling towards the door.

"What is Coffee, sir?" Zo cocked his head to the side. Mick loved the puppy-like gesture.

"You don't need it, you like mornings already." Mick laughed.

"Coffee makes you like mornings? I didn't know food could make you do something..." Zo pondered.

"It doesn't make you like mornings, it just helps ease the awfulness of mornings." Mick slipped his shoes on.

"What awfulness?" Zo cocked his head the other way.

"You wouldn't understand." Mick laughed. Zo looked confused before he smiled and laughed with Mick.

'Jesus, he can even make me like mornings. That's incredible in itself.' Mick thought to himself.

"Stay here, I'll bring you some breakfast." Mick said. "I have a surprise for you." He said as he was closing the door.

Zo waited patiently for a few moment before he picked up the pillow Mick had been sleeping on and held it to his face, inhaling deeply. He sighed audibly at the intoxicating scent of Mick's shampoo and cologne. It was still warm from where he had been sleeping and he rolled over to lay in the warm spot. As soon as he rolled into the spot he was surrounded by Mick's scent. He sighed and purred in contentment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mick put several different kinds of donuts on the tray before walking out of the cafeteria.

"Arent those the same clothes you were wearing yesterday?" Thomas walked up from behind him.

"Uh, yeah. I was here all night." Mick said, he tried to walk away before Thomas could ask more questions. He didn't succeed.

"You didn't have THAT much paper work. Whats up?" Thomas followed him down the hall.

"I stayed the night with Zo." Mick blurted out before he could stop himself. Thomas stopped walking and turned Mick to face him.

"Dude..."

"I know!" Mick broke down. He leaned against the wall, still holding a tray of food.

"Did you two..."

"No! God no, we just slept. He's so adorable when he sleeps..." Mick muttered the last part to himself.

"Remember Rhombin!" Thomas shook his shoulders. Mick tried to keep all of the donuts on the tray.

"I know alright! But he isn't like Rhom. He is happy. He doesn't show any signs!" Mick shouted.

"Neither did Rhombin." Thomas said quietly. Mick sighed.

"So what? I cant love anyone ever again just because I might get hurt? I cant live alone forever, I just cant." Mick sighed.

"I know man, but come on. He's another slave, he came from an abusive master, He probably wont be sold again. He even looks like Rhombin!" Thomas threw his arms up at the last part.

"No he doesn't." Mick muttered, like a small child.

"He has green eyes just like Rhom." Thomas said.

"Zo's eyes are golden." Mick smiled.

"That's exactly what I'm talking about Mick, You already memorized the guys eye color. You cant put yourself through this again. Maybe you don't remember what you were like after Rhom, but I do. You wouldn't come to work, you wouldn't eat, you would just spend all day in bed, even though you couldn't sleep." Thomas said.

"I know!" Mick shouted. "But being alone is killing me just as much." Mick whispered. The two stood silently together before Mick walked off.

"Zo is waiting for me." He mumbled as he walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zo put down the pillow when he heard the door open. Mick stepped in with many golden brown looking things with different colored stuff on top.

"What are those?" Zo asked.

"Theyre called Donuts. They're very sweet, like cookies." Mick said as he sat down on the bed.

"But cookies are for after dinner." Zo's brow wrinkled.

"Yes, but donuts are for breakfast." Mick laughed.

"Cookies for breakfast?" Zo turned his head to the side.

"No, donuts for breakfast, cookies for after dinner." Mick laughed harder.

"I'm confused."

"Me too. Lets just eat" Mick chuckled. He handed Zo a chocolate covered doughnut with sprinkles. He watched Zo take the first bite and laughed as his eyes widened and he quickly shoved the rest of it in his mouth.

"This makes mornings even better." Zo smiled after he finished chewing.

"Yeah, right. Why do you like mornings so much anyway?" Mick asked as he took a bite of a jelly filled doughnut.

"Cuz it means I survived another day. Just take it day by day you know?" Zo smiled. Mick felt sadness weigh his heart down at the thought of Zo worrying about surviving. But was glad he was looking on the bright side.

"Yeah, so you like them?" He gestured to the doughnuts. Zo smiled and shoved another half a doughnut into his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zo continued to heal and soon there was no sign that he ever had such a horrible master, other then the scars that could not be fixed. He still had a limp and his leg often hurt, but he hardly ever complained about it. Sometimes he would get tired and start sweating and Mick would make him sit down, but he never asked to stop what they were doing to rest.

"I have a surprise for you, Zo." Mick poked his head inside the room. Zo walked over to the bed and sat down. He closed his eyes and swung his left leg like a small child. It was something Mick had taught him. When you get a surprise you're supposed to close your eyes until the other person says you can open them. He waited patiently until Mick said to open them.

"It's a cane. It will help your leg. Like this." Mick demonstrated how to use the cane and Zo watched intently. When Mick handed him the cane he practiced a few times around the room.

"Better?" Mick asked. Zo nodded and smiled.

"Thank you,sir." He wrapped his arms around Mick's neck and stood on his tip toes. Mick was much taller, Zo only came up to just below his chin.

"You're welcome." Mick smiled. The two stared at each other silently until Zo reached up and kissed Mick on the lips. He pulled away and smiled widely. He let go of Mick and practiced walking with the cane some more. Mick felt the breath run out of him and sat on the bed. He had a dumb smile on his face and his lips tingled where Zo had pressed his soft pink ones to Mick's.

Mick watched him practice in the hall way outside Zo's room. Zo was excited, he was able to walk longer and farther without having to stop. Mick laughed and chased him down the hall. When he reached him he would pin him against the wall and tickle him. Several other rehabilitators were working with their slaves and would smile as the two came down the hall. They were having fun until Thomas pulled on the back of Mick's shirt, pushing him against the wall.

"Maybe you don't care what happens to you, but I do! You cant let yourself get hurt again, Mick!" Thomas shouted. Zo stared at the two larger men, frightened.

"Shut the fuck up and get off of me." Mick growled and pushed Thomas away. Thomas turned and pointed at Zo.

"Get the fuck out of here, leave Mick alone. You're only hurting him." He growled. Mick pushed him against the opposite wall and held his shirt in tight fists.

"Dont you fucking talk to him like that!" He growled. Zo cowered in fear until a young woman put her hands on his shoulders.

"Come on, sweetie. Lets get you back to your room." She smiled warmly. She pulled him into his room and stayed with him while the two larger men argued.

"Have you totally forgotten Rhombin?" Thomas shouted.

"You're really starting to sound like a broken record." Mick growled and walked back towards Zo's room.

"I'm hoping if I say it enough it will get through that thick head of yours!" Thomas pulled him back to him.

"I just want to be happy man, what is your problem!?" Mick yelled back.

"I'm your friend Mick and I want to protect you, but I cant do that if you go chasing after every god damn slut you rescue!" Thomas was silenced by Mick punching him in the jaw. He fell back towards the wall where Mick landed a few more blows before he stopped.

"Don't ever call him that again. Understood?" He asked. "Understood!" He shouted when Thomas said nothing. Thomas nodded his head and Mick stepped away to find Zo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for keeping an eye on him, Kate." He gave a weak smile to the woman who had pulled Zo away.

"Its no trouble, he's a sweetheart. But get your shit together, Mick." She growled. She gave a smile to Zo before leaving. Zo sat on the bed with his knees pulled to his chest and his arms wrapped around them.

"Hey, sweet thing." Mick smiled and sat down next to him.

"I don't want to hurt you." Zo whispered.

"You're not. Don't listen to Thomas. He's an ass." Mick growled.

"But..."

"If you were hurting me why would I keep coming back to see you huh? And bring you treats?" Mick smiled. Zo gave a weak smile back and wiped his tears away.

"Why did he say I was hurting you then?" Zo asked. Mick sighed.

"Because I have feelings for you, Zo. Feelings more then just being friends." Mick said.

"Oh.... How does that hurt you?" Zo asked.

"A few years ago I fell in love. With another slave I rescued. His name was Rhombin. He was a lot like you, I guess. His master beat him so bad he went blind. He couldn't be a slave anymore so they sent him out to the real world. He couldn't handle it." Mick sighed. "He killed himself, Zo."