Remember... Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mr. Raven?" she said in confusion before her eyes found the carriage on the street, a short ways away. "Is that...?" Her voice barely containing a hopeful trembling.

When she finally saw Lena and Mari help Ellisa and Amanda out from the carriage, she turned back to Mark, wide eyed. "You... you found them!" She exclaimed. "Everyone! Wake up! Our lady is back!" She shouted into the house before running out to the street.

Mark followed Falalie and her companions who ran out of the house back to the carriage. He stood aside to give them some time to themselves. He smiled as he saw them holding each other in their arms as they walked back to the house together, their happiness and relief evident in their smiles and voices.

"So, Mark," Lena said quietly. She stood by him with folded arms, watching the happy group as well, "We need to talk."

"Yeah Lena?"

"You're not really just a messenger in the palace, are you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm a messenger of sorts."

Lena frowned and looked at Mari, who stood there awkwardly, looking guilty. "Hmm. I see," she said after a long moment. "Is this why you know Miss Izer here?"

The sorceress shook her head in protest, "No, no! I really did meet them... him... Mark... before I met Andrew."

"You don't have to explain," Lena shrugged. "I know when things are above my pay grade."

Mark smiled. "Sorry we can't say more, and I really wish this wasn't the case, but I need you to be discrete about this."

"You don't have to worry about that," she laughed. "This isn't even on the list of the top ten things that I should be discrete about in the palace."

"Mr. Raven," A voice suddenly appeared from nearby, startling both Lena and Mari. It was the raven haired elf named Kera. "Captain Banks, Miss Mari, my lady wishes to speak to you."

Mark smirked as they followed Kera back inside the mansion, watching her move more quickly and quietly than he'd expect from a household chef. Perhaps she was one of the ones following him and Amanda out from her house on that day Amanda was taken? He suspended his musings as they stepped inside.

Ella and Vin stood by Amanda, who was sitting on the couch wrapped in Mari's robe and a blanket, looking obviously fatigued. However, when Lena, Mark and Mari stepped into the room, her face brightened. "Hey," she greeted them with a small wave.

Mark couldn't help but smile at her. "You should be getting some rest, Amanda."

"Yeah, you've been through a lot." Lena added.

The elf nodded. "I know, but before that I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. If you hadn't shown up when you did, I don't want to imagine what they would've done to me; or especially what they would have kept doing to Ellisa. I don't know how I will ever repay you, all of you, for this, but I swear by Aria's light that I will find a way."

Lena sat down next to Amanda and took one of her hands. "You're welcome, dear. Just get well soon. When you're feeling up to it, we'll continue our lessons."

"Yeah, once you feel ready, we can finally start our lessons," Mari smiled as she sat and took Amanda's other hand. "Seeing what you did to that warehouse door, I bet I can teach you to be an awesome wizard."

Finally, Mark spoke, "Well, I'm not as selfless as these two. I'm going to want a fancy dinner, at least. And flowers. And chocolate. Elven chocolate from Luminare."

"Mark!" Mari narrowed her eyes.

"What? It's the second time I've done this, you know!"

Amanda laughed as Lena stood up, shaking her head. She narrowed her eyes at him, and kicked him in the shin.

"Ow!"

"Oh shut up, Mark. Don't be a baby," she sighed. "I need to go back to the palace, and Amanda, you need to get some rest."

Amanda nodded. "Thank you again, Lena."

After Vin had seen the royal guard captain out, Mari stood up too. "It's getting really late for me as well, actually. I still have classes tomorrow... or rather, later today. Mark, do you want me tojumpyou back home?"

"Yeah, sure," Mark said as he held out his hand.

"Wait!"

They both turned to Amanda, who held out her hand to stop them.

"Mark, um..." she said quietly. "Can you stay with me tonight?"

She was met with several raised eyebrows. "I mean..." she stammered, "I mean I just want to sleep with... I just don't want to be alone tonight!"

Mark looked from Amanda to her guardians, who exchanged wide-eyed glances before nodding reluctantly. He breathed a sigh of relief. "Of course I'll stay with you."

---

Despite the late hour, Amanda insisted that they share a bath together. The warm water was both relaxing and comforting to the pair as they gently bathed each other. Mark took a washcloth and carefully cleaned his lover. Starting from her face and working his way down, he knew this was not a time to be sensual - there would be time for that later - and so only offered gentle kisses to comfort her as he washed her. Amanda reciprocated his care, cleaning away dirt and blood stains that marked his skin. Before long, they were lying in bed together.

Mark yawned. Previously energized by the night's events, the bath and the knowledge of Amanda's safety seemed to have completely drained away the tension and excitement, along with the nervous energy that came with it. Amanda fared no better. Despite her best efforts, she just could not keep her eyes open.

"I don't wanna sleep yet..." she mumbled. "I want to feel you hold me longer."

"You can do that when you wake up," Mark smiled as he gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"Mmm..." she wanted to protest, but she was too sleepy to complain. Instead, she buried her face into his shoulders and gave in to the night.