Remembering Valentine’s Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sophist801
sophist801
265 Followers

"Can we at least stay friends?" Do we, as human beings ever learn!? It wasn't possible for the two of us to be "friends." The damage was too great. Friends still love each other but there is a degree of acceptance that transcends pain, mistakes and heartache. Lois would never be my friend but I would always love her. No, I could love Lois, this was unconditional, but friendship and marriage were not, well, necessary.

"Lois, as I said, I am grateful you came into my life and I do, with all my heart, love you. The love just isn't going to erase what happened and isn't going to restore the confidence that goes with friendship. I have spent the last year figuring out what I want and need in my life. I really am sorry, Lois." There was no need to be vindictive or point fingers.

"I don't like it, Frank. God help me for what I did because I never loved anyone like I love you. You are such a kind, good man and I pray you will one day find it in your heart to let me back in." With that she reached into her purse and pulled out the long box that held what I knew were the pearls. "I couldn't leave these at the curb. Please save them for someone special, someone who you can be friends with."

I thought it a little odd that the pearls would come back to me on Valentine's Day. Lois now understood what the pearls had meant, at least what they meant for me.

With a look of resigned sadness, Lois stood up, kissed me on the cheek and left me sitting at the bar of the 4th Street Grill. February 14 would never be the same but I did enjoy the rest of my pork loin. My craving shifted! I now wanted a cup of real coffee (not the sissy stuff served at the AA meeting) and a slice of home baked New York cheese cake.

sophist801
sophist801
265 Followers
12