Remembrance of Forever: Teaser

Story Info
Teaser for Part 2 of the city of darkness.
874 words
3
11.1k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

I made I exit the clock tower, and start to walk down the dark street. I walk for a while then I notice I'm down old familiar buildings. I look up at this run-down building. Walking inside, looking at the dust and cobwebs. I enter the elevator and go to the sixth floor. There's this strange music playing somewhere.

I exit the elevator, and go left down the hall to come to the door that has a 9 on it. I get out my key, unlock the door and go inside. The music is playing louder in here. I look at all the stuff and see there's no dust on anything the place is completely clean.

"I haven't came here for 20 years, yet everything looks like it did back then."

I walk into the bedroom and close the door. I walk to the end table and pick up a solid gold case. I sit on the bed and open it up and pick out my ring and put it on my ring finger. I pick out her ring and i kiss it and put it back.

Phone ringing.

I put the gold case back on the end table and I lay down on the bed.

Phone ringing.

Thinking back to Earth.

Phone ringing.

"Hello?" a woman answers. "It's for you, it's James."

I take the phone from her, "Hey, James, what do you need?"

"We need to talk," James says, "Could you get here right now."

"Ok, be right there," I hang up the phone and go to the closest to get my bag. "I got to go, there's something wrong at the lab"

"I know," she says.

"I'll be back tomorrow," I kiss her and I leave.

Chapter 2

When I get there I see explosions. A secret base 500 miles west of Fargo and there's explosions giving it away. I hate them kid scientists, they never know how to do things right, it's the same way Area 51 was exposed.

"Hello, sir, I.D.?" the guard says.

"Here," I give him my card and thumbprint.

"Thank you, sir," he says opening the gate.

"Hey, could you get somebody to get them jackasses back underground?" I ask him.

"Yes, sir, I'll get right on it" he says.

I drive on for bout another 2 miles before going into the garage, I park the my truck, and James come by and picks me up in a transport.

"What was all of them doing in up there?" i yell at him.

He sighs and says "They are trying to figure out the right mixture for the fuel, they're doing it on models."

That's a great idea, testing on a model. Burning plastic, cardboard wings, little napalm fields where they have fell.

"How many of them damn things have burned?" i ask.

"Bout 83," James said.

"Well there went 33 billion," I say madly. "Go with plan B then"

"Yes, Sir." James said when stopping the transport.

"Sir, could you come with me" Colonel Ares says. "The problem is with the fusion generator. It becomes overheated way to fast."

"Let's see it," I say.

We get in the elevator and go down 100s of floors to the deepest part of the base. After bout 4 minutes of going down the elevator stops at the floor.

I follow the Colonel into the control room then i walk into the main room to look at the machine, "Is there fresh air coming into the unit?" I ask.

"Yes, its a mixture to match regular air," some scientist said.

"Ok, let's try it," I say. Everyone but 3 scientist and me leave to go inside the control room. "Are we recording? Ok. We are going to test the fusion generator."

"Ready," the first scientist says while turning the key.

"Ready," the second scientist says while turning his key.

"Ready," the third scientist says while turning his key.

"Start it," I say, the 3 scientist press a button next to all of them. "Ready the computer for what's happening in the generator."

Boom.

Chapter 3

"What the hell was that?" I yell.

"It just turned off," the third scientist said.

"With that loud of a noise," I yell at him, "You're fired, get him out of here and put someone else in here, now!" And he was forced out of the facility. "Let's see," said while I was looking at the computer. "It was going to fast, we need to slow it down," After 2 hours of adjustments we were ready to go again.

"Ready," the first scientist says while turning the key.

"Ready," the second scientist says while turning his key.

"Ready," the new scientist says while turning his key.

"Start it," I say again.

"It's working," the new scientist said.

BOOM!

I was throw back and my head hit the steel wall. An electromagnetic pulse can erase disks and stop time. I have no idea how an EMP could of happened. But after a while I got up and walked out of the room.

* * * * *

This is only the teaser for the 2nd part of the Of Forever Novel

Please give feedback to me at the email addrezss in my author profile.