Remembrance of Things Past Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,732 Followers

Her father had agreed to come into town and meet the Sheriff, as well as Shannon's mate, Cookie. Ewan sat in the front of the buckboard, shaking his head as she prattled on. Were ye like that when we met, Claire?

If I recall, Ewan, ye took me as yer mate near the loch, without me father's permission. And we had only me mother's pleas to protect us when we returned to me pack. So, no, I was never like that. But I'm glad she has the chance. Claire smiled lovingly at her mate of two hundred and fifty years. She couldn't have hoped for a better life than he had given her. And they had raised their cubs to be fine, healthy adults. The oldest three girls were mated and lived far away. Maybe Shannon would stay with the pack with her Cookie. For the boys, she had no doubts that they would be a handful for their future mates.

As for Elsbeth, Claire looked behind her at her daughter, laughing and joking with her little sister. She worried so about her. She acted as if it didn't bother her that she hadn't yet found her mate. Claire was bothered by her behavior, though: she flirted with the males shamelessly. The only good thing was that, until she found her mate, she couldn't become pregnant. She just prayed her daughter would be circumspect. Ewan did not tolerate the promiscuity that was so common among unmated Weres. In other packs it was whole-heartedly accepted, but not in this one.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The Sheriff smiled broadly as his new deputies walked into the jail. He was surprised when he saw another man and three women trailing after them. Carr's father was something of a mythic figure in the area. He was known to be a loner who kept his family away from the townsfolk. Larry had been happy to meet Carr and Cole, and ecstatic when their father agreed to his idea of them becoming deputies, but he'd never imagined he'd be meeting the old man himself. At first glance, Ewan Baxter didn't appear to be old at all. He didn't look old enough to be the father of seven grown children. And his wife, well, Larry was careful not to gaze too long at the stunning woman on the arm of this local legend.

"It's very nice to meet you both, Mr. and Mrs. Baxter." He bowed formally and smiled again.

"Aye, tis nice ta meet ye, Sherriff. I hope yer idea for this deputyin' will work tae both of our advantages. I just wanted tae make yer acquaintance since my lads will be at yer beck and call. And now we're off tae meet with our youngest daughter's beau. She's taken a liking to this gunsmith of yers, and I want to be sure he's right for me daughter." Ewan nodded to the Sheriff and led his wife out of the building. Shannon followed closely behind.

But one figure stayed behind with Carr and Cole.

"And who might this little filly be?" Larry tipped his hat and gave the girl his most charming smile.

Carr looked a little uncomfortable as he saw the look his sister gave his new boss. He cleared his throat and made the introductions. "This is my sister, Elsbeth. Elsbeth, this is Sheriff Larry Knife."

Elsbeth blushed a bright pink and smiled as she tried to look away. Her wolf had no interest in this human, but Elsbeth thought there was something intriguing about the man. She glanced back and saw him looking straight at her, almost right through her. He had an appreciative look on his face that made her think she must be naked. But she knew she was well-clothed; she had purposely dressed as her brother had described the women in the town. "It's very nice to meet you, Sheriff. My brothers are excited to have a chance to leave the ranch and do real work."

Carr rolled his eyes. What was she up to? He could tell this wasn't her mate. She didn't have that feral look that Shannon had any time she caught the scent of her soon-to-be mate. "Yes, there's no work to be done at the ranch. The horses tame themselves. We just sit back and watch."

Cole laughed at the look their older sister shot the next Baxter alpha.

Elsbeth swiveled her head around and hissed, "Oh, the both of you belong in a barn!" She turned back to Larry and gave him her most coquettish smile. "I look forward to seeing you again soon, Sheriff."

Larry grinned as he gently took her hand. "I look forward to that as well, Miss Elsbeth. A lovely name for a lovely girl." He brought her hand to his lips and pressed them to her skin, his eyes never leaving hers. They were the most amazingly blue eyes he'd ever seen. He knew he shouldn't be acting this way towards the sister of his new deputies, but there was just something about her that drew him in. She was just the type of woman he was normally attracted to, straightforward, strong-minded, and pleasing to look at. He'd have to watch himself around her. He had a feeling she could easily draw him into her web. The question would be, once drawn in, would he be able to escape? Would he want to?

Larry watched her appreciatively from behind as she returned to the wagon where her sister and mother waited. Nice round ass, wide hips, just right for... Dammit! He'd have to try to keep control around her. He shook his head and walked back to the office where his new deputies were awaiting his instructions. This might be harder than he thought.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Where'd your brothers go, Miss Shannon?" Cookie turned a circle looking for Carr and Cole. They had been practicing shooting again, and they'd progressed to doing their target practice from horseback. Cookie had been mightily impressed with their riding skills. They'd never used saddles before but took to it like the guns, like they'd been born to 'em. And their horses were the most broke he'd ever seen, but still with spirit. Nothing spooked those horses, which was more than he could say for his own and the other horses in town. They'd all been hoppin' more than a jackrabbit runnin' from a coyote. The Sheriff had asked Cookie to accompany his new deputies to hunt the cougars that they thought were likely coming too close to town.

Shannon walked slowly towards her mate and took a deep breath. "Cookie, I asked them to leave us alone. They won't be back today."

Cookie whirled around, his eyes a little wild. "Miss Shannon, it ain't proper fer us to be alone for too long. A couple minutes to get water was one thing. But not coming back? Well, people are gonna talk iffin' they find out. And if yer Pa finds out, he just might come after me with a shotgun!"

Shannon's laugh was full of love for her male. He was so worried about her reputation. After today, she didn't think he'd be so worried. "Cookie, there's something I need to show you. But first..." She stood in front of him, on her tip toes, and pressed her lips to his, her hands on his shoulders steadying herself. She smiled as he blushed. "Cookie, do you love me?"

"Well, sure, Miss Shannon. We've seen each other almost every day the last couple weeks. And when I don't see ya, I pine somethin' awful. I wish we could be together all the time." Cookie couldn't help himself; something about Shannon made his blood feel like it was on fire. He could barely look at her without wanting to kiss her and... well, do things he'd never thought he'd be able to do with a woman. "But yer Pa, he don't like me much."

"Don't worry about Papa. He likes you just fine. And he'll like you more once we're... married." Shannon had almost said mated, but stopped herself in time.

Cookie stopped in his tracks. "Married? Not that I don't want to, mind you. But, married? We ain't even talked about that yet." The big man's head was in a whirl. He'd had it in the back of his mind, but figured it'd be after a proper courtship, like four or five years. At least, that's the way he remembered it from his days in Iowa.

"There's things about me you need to know, Cookie. Things that might change the way you feel about me. But once you know, if you still love me, then we have to ma... marry right away." She almost slipped again. It was so hard to talk to him in human terms.

"Golly, Miss Shannon, there ain't nothing that could make me stop loving you." Cookie wrapped his arms around her slim form and hugged her tightly to his chest. He felt her head burrowing into his shoulder as he stroked her soft, gilt-colored hair and marveled again at how it was the exact same color as that wolf he'd seen. "No matter what you tell me, I'll never leave, never." And with that he tilted her chin up and kissed her with a force he'd never known before. This was a deep kiss, the kind that came from deep need and love, with a simmering lust just underneath.

"Oh, Cookie. When you kiss me like that I can barely think straight." Shannon sighed and laid her head on his chest, wishing she didn't have to ruin the mood right now. But her mother had told her there was no need to wait. The sooner she told him, the sooner they could mate. And her wolf had been driving her and her entire family crazy. She ran under the moon every night, howling at her misery at being separated from her mate. She had to tell him, now.

She reluctantly pushed herself away but held onto his hands, squeezing them with a strength that surprised the gunsmith. Shannon looked up into the face she loved so much, and bit her lip.

"What is it? Just get it out. It can't be all that bad, now can it?" Cookie tried to reassure her with a smile.

"Do you remember the wolves you saw at the creek that night you went hunting with your two friends?" Shannon started to tremble and held his hands even tighter.

"Well, sure I do. But I never told you 'bout that. How did you know? Heck, I never told anyone." Cookie wondered how she could have possibly found out. "Is your Pa upset about that? I know now it's his land, but we didn't know then. I can tell him for ya iffin' you want."

Shannon smiled. "No, Cookie, he's not upset anymore. He got over it. But the reason I know is that I was there."

"You were? Where were you? I didn't see no one around. I thought we had the high ground. Where were you hiding?"

"I wasn't hiding. The wolf you were aiming at... it was me, me and Elsbeth. I can change into a wolf; we both can. The whole family can." Shannon waited for him to say something, anything."

Cookie was stunned, but couldn't move. A wolf? That was impossible! "Now stop that, Miss Shannon. No need to make fun like that."

"I'm not, Cookie. It's true. And I'll prove it to you." She let go of his hands and backed slowly away. Her fingers had just started at the buttons of her dress when Cookie finally moved.

"What are ya doing? Stop that!" Cookies hands shot out to grab her arms and still her movements.

"Cookie, I have to prove to you that I'm telling the truth. And I don't have another dress with me, so I've got to take this one off. I don't want to scare you, but I can't lie to you. Cookie, I love you, and I want you to be with me forever. I want to have your... children." She'd almost said cubs. "Let me do this, please?"

The big man stood stock still for a minute. "Alright, Miss Shannon, but I'll turn around. You tell me when I can turn around again." Cookie slowly turned his back. He could hear the rustle of the fabric and tried to still his heart. He thought it was about to beat out of his chest. This couldn't be happening.

"Alright, Cookie. Count to five and then turn around."

"One – two – three – four – five." On five, Cookie reluctantly turned and was speechless. There before him sat the gilt-furred wolf with the bright blue eyes. Those were the eyes that had watched him that night at the creek. Those were Shannon's eyes.

"Oh my God. It can't be. It just can't be." Cookie backed up slowly towards his horse, ready to run.

The little blond wolf whimpered and laid down, her head between her paws. She had frightened him, and he was going to run. Her ears were flat and her tail tucked between her legs. She had hoped he would understand. She loved him so much. She watched him back away from her and a single tear fell.

Cookie stopped, not sure what he should do. "Miss Shannon, is that really you?" He almost fainted when the wolf slowly nodded its delicate head. He stepped forward just one step and hunkered down on one knee. "Really?" He tried to look into those blue eyes, to assure himself that it really was his Shannon.

The wolf slunk along the ground, barely lifting her body off the ground as she moved, finally inches from the man she loved more than life. She pushed her nose at his hand, resting on his raised knee. Her tongue lapped at the salty skin.

His other hand slowly raised and touched the incredibly soft fur on the top of her head. She laid her head on his knee and watched him closely as his hand began to stroke her fur. "It is you, isn't it?" He watched in wonder again as her head moved in assent.

"Hellfire, girl, you really scared me. Guess I'm gonna have to get used to this, huh?" He smiled and ruffled her fur a little. "But would you change back fer me and put yer dress back on?"

The little wolf nodded her head again and waited, staring at him.

Cookie watched her for a few seconds, not sure what she was waiting for. "Oh, dumb me. Lemme turn around, then ya can get dressed." He turned, wondering how long it would be before she was human again.

"Thank you, Cookie. It won't take but a minute to dress. I hope you don't treat me any differently now." Shannon chattered non-stop as she donned her clothing, more out of nervousness than anything else. "Alright, you can turn around again."

She was just finishing the last few buttons under her throat as he turned. She smiled, but his face was a mask. Her smile faded.

"I guess I just need to think about this for a while, Miss Shannon. Hope ya understand. This is kinda new for me. Maybe I should go ahead and leave now. I'll be back tomorrow to hunt cougars with the boys. I'll see ya then." Cookie came towards her, gave her a half-hearted hug and quickly mounted his horse. "I just got to think is all." He spurred his horse and left the girl in a cloud of dust.

Shannon watched him gallop away as tears streamed down her face.

Don't ye worry, my girl. He'll be back for ye. He loves ye as much as ye love him.

Oh Mama, I hope you're right! I'm on my way home.

Shannon mounted her horse, her tears falling onto the horse's mane. "King, what will I do if he doesn't come back?" The horse tossed his head and whinnied. The big dun horse could sense her agitation and moved as smoothly as he could during the journey home. He may not have known what she was saying, but he always knew what she was feeling.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A lone wolf howled to the moon in the rocks high above the horse corrals. Her golden fur glistened in the moonlight.

"I dinnae think I can take this for long. How long until ye let me drag this 'Cookie' back to the ranch for her?" Ewan's heart was breaking for his daughter. There was nothing worse for a wolf than losing their mate, even if they hadn't mated yet. If Cookie didn't come back, she would die of sorrow. Less than a day and she was frantic.

"Carr will talk with him tomorrow. It will all be well, my love." Claire's hand stroked her beloved's forearm, not stopping when she heard that familiar intake of breath.

"And ye dinnae think he'll tell the other humans about us?"

"No, I don't. He loves her. He'll keep our secret. Now come to bed." Claire brushed her long blond hair, the same color as Shannon's. She slipped off her robe and shifted to a lovely, blue-eyed wolf. Her tail flagged behind her as she waved it enticingly at her wonderful, strong, handsome mate.

Ewan grinned. "Ye've always been able to make me forget about me troubles, haven't ye, me lass?" She never ceased to amaze him at how she always knew what to do, what he needed. He let his own clothes drop to the floor, ignoring the little yip of consternation she gave him for not putting them in their place. Women.

The brown wolf with the emerald green eyes pushed open the door of their room and led his lovely mate to the outdoors. She was right; he needed a late night run with the love of his life. As soon as they were out the cabin door they broke into a ground-covering run. She bumped against his shoulder as they ran. Once they had found their way to their favorite meadow, they stopped, facing each other, chests heaving, catching their breath.

This was much easier two hundred and fifty years ago. I think I'm gettin' old, Claire.

Never, my love, never.

The blond wolf dropped to her elbows in a playful stance, waiting for him to follow her lead. But she could see her mate was in no mood for play. He wanted his mate, now! She immediately turned her haunches towards him, lifting her tail in response to his questing nose. She whimpered as his tongue explored her folds, drinking in the fluids he found dripping there already.

Even after all these years, yer always ready for me.

Even after all these years, I love ye as I always have, Ewan.

The big wolf's cock grew quickly, along with his need for his mate's depths. It seemed it had been ages since they'd been alone. Mating during a hunt was a rite. This was purely for their own pleasure, and his mate pleased him more than he ever could have imagined. He lifted himself to cover her and pushed his cock into her sweet channel, marveling at the tight feeling of her as he began to plunge deeply. His front legs wrapped around her ribs, and he listened to her heart pounding in her chest.

Claire loved this feeling of being filled by her mate. She didn't hear the chirping of the crickets or the screeching of the owls as they flew past. All she could hear was his breathing in her ear. She couldn't feel the ground under her feet, but she felt every bit of his body that touched hers. Even her fur seemed to feel him. Suddenly, she could feel his urgency, and knew his knot had grown. She waited a moment, and then grunted as the bulb forced its way into her body.

Ewan's instincts were strong as he felt his knot seated within his mate. He began to vigorously thrust, over and over, his movement curtailed by their joining, his knot insuring his seed would not escape. He knew the time was close and pulled himself farther up her body, biting deeply into her neck, feeling her hot blood gush into his mouth as his cock shot steams of semen deep inside his willing she-wolf.

Claire howled her pleasure as she felt his teeth sink into her flesh, her orgasm crashing down on her. She felt the hot flow entering her, her body squeezing more out of his cock, rhythmically pumping him for more.

The chocolate wolf let go of his mate's neck and howled his own pleasure at the moon. He pulled her to the ground with him, waiting for his knot to shrink. This was the time he savored, tied to her, unable to move. This was the only pleasure he took for himself. All else was for the pack. But this time with his precious Claire was for the two of them, and them alone.

Claire lay in his embrace, her heart quieting, her breathing becoming still. She closed her eyes and smiled to herself, enjoying this feeling of Ewan lying against her back. They had both shifted back to human form, and his hand was slowly sliding up and down her thigh as his tongue lapped at the rapidly healing bite wound in her neck.

The lone wolf heard the howls of her parents in the distance and breathed a heavy sigh. I hope that will be Cookie and me someday. Oh please, Cookie, please come back to me.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Cookie tossed and turned, his dreams full of Shannon and the blond wolf. In the dream she kept changing back and forth, as he'd lean forward to kiss Shannon and kiss the wolf instead. His every thought was of her. Could he live without her? And if he couldn't, could he live with her? She talked about having children. Would they be like him? Or would they be wolf cubs? There was so much to think about.

lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,732 Followers