Ren - Shades of Grey Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers

So it had finally come to pass, she was about to face some of the ones she had feared while she had been abducted. Janey took a deep breath and glanced at her mother before taking several shaky steps towards the entrance of the station.

Marina moved to walk beside Janey as she entered the building and Adam guided them through the maze of corridors. He paused outside a closed door and glanced back at Janey with a worried frown as he opened it.

As the door opened Janey realised she was about to come face to face with Hawk, face to face with the truth of the memories of all she had endured at his hands.

"I can't do this!" Janey exclaimed as she backed away from the open door that she was watching terrified.

"You've come this far, you can't back out now." Adam said compassionately as he caught her and pulled her against his chest.

Janey buried her face against his chest so she didn't have to see the horror that awaited her in the room. She found herself being forced into the room as Adam walked forwards forcing her to walk backwards.

"I don't want to do this! I really don't want to do this!" Janey protested as she backed into the room. She struggled to get free of Adam's arms so she could flee the room.

Marina watched with her heart in her throat as she caught sight of her daughter's terrified face. She was just about to tell Adam to let Janey go when one of the men in the room got to his feet, his eyes on Adam and Janey.

"Well if it aint Blondie! Hey there Blondie!"

Janey froze in Adam's arms as the voice reached her. Ren! Ren was here! Then that meant if Hawk was there then there would be no way he could hurt her she realised as memories of Ren protecting her flooded back. Slowly she turned around to face the room unmindful of her tear streaked face. Her gaze darted around the room as she searched for the dreaded face.

Marina watched as Janey scanned each face and slowly relaxed, finaly she moved forward into the room several steps and Janey followed. Marina sat down in a chair indicated by one of the men in suits and she patted the seat beside her. As she watched Janey sit down she was aware that the blonde man who had spoken had not taken his eyes from her daughter.

Ren indicated a tray with cups, a large tea pot, milk and sugar. "Shall I play mother?" he asked as he picked up the teapot with ease and began to pour several cups of tea.

"My name's Gabriel Renford," Ren said with a quick glance towards Janey and her mother when none of the lawyers or officers present went to make introductions. He added sugar and milk to a cup of tea just the way he knew Janey liked it, gave it a quick stir and placed the cup on the table in front of her.

"There's no need for introductions." Adam said as he sat down beside Janey and took hold of her free hand.

"That rather large bloke is Brad Stanton, the guy over by the window is Brent Winters. He," Ren said as he handed Matty a cup of tea, "..is Andrew Matthews, Matty. This guy in the suit is Graeme Walsh, beside him is Ken Burke. The rest are police officers and so on." Ren said with a pleasant smile towards Marina and Janey.

Janey sat silently between Adam and her mother, she was mentally fitting the full names with those she knew the four men by.

Marina noticed Janey calming down more as Gabriel Renford spoke, he kept his voice low and soothing and made no quick moves. She also noticed that Adam almost bristled at the man and wondered at the depth of the animosity he displayed towards him.

"Hey Sky, your hair looks cute that way." Matty said with his usual friendly smile.

There was silence for a few moments then Graeme Walsh cleared his throat noisily, "Miss Wilkinson, the young lady's name is Miss Wilkinson."

Matty blushed brightly and looked away uncomfortably.

Janey glanced at Matty, then at Graeme Walsh and back at Matty. Matty who had been friendly towards her, sure he had flirted with her at times but it had never been more than just harmless flirting that Hawk had never taken seriously.

"It's okay, " Janey said startling herself, " I don't mind if they call me Sky."

"They can use your real name." Adam growled beside her.

Janey glanced at him uncomfortably; she couldn't understand why he was annoyed with her.

Ren watched the by play between Janey and the cop beside her. "Hell! Doesn't the guy realise Sky thinks his anger is directed at her?" Ren thought with a frown.

"Greg Hawkings introduced Miss Wilkinson as Sky to us, she might be able to tell us why he didn't use her proper name." Ren said quietly.

Janey glanced at Adam nervously but he was glowering at Ren, no longer showing any sign of anger towards her.

"Greg Hawkings? You mean Hawk?" Janey asked softly, hesitantly.

Ren gave a nod and an encouraging smile.

"He asked himself what he'd call me, I told him my name but he ignored me and said he'd call me Sky. Because of the colour of my eyes," Janey said faintly after a few moments as she remembered what had happened.

"Miss Wilkinson, did you know Greg Hawkings before he abducted you?" Graeme Walsh asked levelly.

Janey opened her mouth to say no but all the pain and humiliation Hawk had subjected her to for uttering the word flooded back and she turned her face away helplessly.

"Miss Wilkinson? Can you answer me." Graeme asked firmly.

Marina watched the emotions flickering across Janey's face. Fear, humiliation, pain, horror, until finally she couldn't stand to watch the mental torture she knew Janey must be going through.

"Ask my daughter some other question! Can't you see that one is tearing her up inside?" Marina demanded angrily as she put a protective arm around Janey's shoulders.

Ren gave a faint start and glanced across at Brad, he had thought Marina was Sky's older sister certainly not her mother as she didn't look old enough to have a teenage daughter.

Brad raised his eyebrows as he met Ren's gaze, he too had made the same assumption.

"Mrs Wilkinson, if you are going to interfere in this meeting I will be forced to ask to have you removed." Graeme Walsh said firmly.

"Mum!" Janey gasped as she pulled her hand free from Adam and grabbed her mother's hand in both hers.

"There will be no need for such drastic measures Mr Walsh. Mrs Wilkinson, let me explain. We have been advised that your daughter has been conditioned not to say the word no. Now I won't go into details but suffice to say she was tortured if she said the word, now she can not make herself say it even though she knows she is safe." The police prosecutor explained gently.

Marina looked at Janey shocked, gently she pulled one hand free to lift and cup the side of Janey's face. "Darling, remember no matter what you say or do can make me or your father love you less." She whispered to her daughter.

Janey raised tear-filled eyes to her mother's in acknowledgement for a few moments then lowered her face once more.

Ren watched Sky's mother whisper something to her and saw the wordless response, he saw her mother lift her head regally and look towards Graeme and the police prosecutor.

"Janey is ready to answer more questions now. Is it possible to phrase questions so she doesn't have to say no? Ask how or when or something?" Marina asked firmly.

Ren couldn't help but feel admiration for this woman who was so bravely and wisely helping her daughter face the memories that clearly still terrified her. It was easy to see where Sky had gotten both her beauty and spirit from.

"When did you first meet Greg Hawkings? The man you know as Hawk?" Graeme asked, he also had had the idea of framing the questions differently but had not been too sure of how which was why he had suggested the meeting today.

Janey glanced at him uncertainly for a second then looked away, she remained silent for a few long moments then took an audible deep breath.

"It was late, after dark, when my sister and I used the shower block at the caravan park in Coffs Harbour. Caro finished first and ran ahead to the caravan while I showered. When I left the shower block I was grabbed from behind, I couldn't scream, whoever it was had a hand over my mouth and I was dragged through the bush to a motorbike with a sidecar. I was forced into the sidecar with one man while another got on the bike and drove us some distance to a cabin in the middle of nowhere. I was taken inside and a light was turned on, there was two men. They said their names were Jake and Hawk..." Janey fell silent clearly struggling with her memories.

"Can you remember the date of the day you were abducted?" The police prosecutor asked gently.

"It was December 30th, two days after my birthday." Janey whispered.

"How old are you?" The police prosecutor asked.

"Eighteen... I turned eighteen," Janey whispered barely audible.

Marina could do nothing but hold Janey's hand as the police prosecutor and occasionally Graeme Walsh asked question after question. She watched helplessly as Janey shook and trembled and dissolved into tears as she told of how her virginity was brutally stolen from her.

Ren, Brad, Brent and Matty watched and listened silently as the story of what Janey endured in the day and a half before they had arrived at the cabin unfolded. Matty who was soft hearted had tears in his eyes as he listened and Brent silently wished for a shot at Hawk so he could belt some decency into him. Brad glanced at Ren several times to see how he was taking the horror story and finally as he heard how Sky had been forced to remain in the vehicle while they had been in town Brad stood up from where he had been sitting and slammed his fist down onto the table violently.

"Damn that fucking bastard to hell and back!" Brad roared in anger. A startled gasp made him look at Sky and her mother. Her mother was watching him with wide startled, wary eyes but Sky was sitting silently in her chair. He could see the tremors that racked her body, her shaking hands and her colourless face.

"There will be no more outbursts like that from any of you!" The police prosecutor commanded loudly.

Janey screamed as she jerked her hands free and clasped them over her ears in an attempt to shut out the angry noise. She was dimly aware of her mother and Adam talking to her from either side of her but it was finally Ren's soft voice from across the table she focused on when he began to talk to her gently.

"Sky, you'll be okay Little One, you'll be okay," Ren said reassuringly and watched as she lifted her head searching desperately for his eyes, " you're among friends here, even if Brad is pissed off, he's pissed off FOR you, not at you."

Marina watched as Janey slowly calmed under the influence of the blonde man across the table, it was hard to equate this kind and gentle man as one who had stood by while her daughter had endured at the hands of her abductors.

"I can't offer to protect you but I can say I will sit right here and offer my support if you need it." Ren said softly.

Marina watched as Janey gave a faint nod and her mouth moved soundlessly for several seconds until she managed to form words.

"But you did offer to protect me Ren, when I really needed it... and you done your best to protect me...I know that now." Janey's words were barely audible.

Marina studied Ren with new eyes. This was the Ren Janey sometimes woke screaming for in the night! Marina didn't even want to think about the horrors that caused those screams of fear as she called his name but had the horrible feeling she would be hearing all about it at this meeting.

* * * * *

Janey sat with her parents behind the police prosecutor instead of sitting at the desk beside him. She was trembling visibly as she sat on the bench and glanced around the courtroom nervously.

It was the first morning of the trail for her case and already she was visibly exhausted and strained.

Everyone stood as the judge entered the courtroom and sat at his bench, suddenly there was movement as proceedings started and two men were ushered in to sit with their lawyer on the other side of the court.

"Who are they?" Jim whispered.

"The one on the left is Greg Hawkings, the one on the right Jacob Lantry. They are the two charged with abducting Janey." Robby said from the row behind them.

Janey gave a startled gasp as she jerked in fright at the sound of her brother's voice.

"Sorry Janey, didn't mean to scare you." Robby said as he placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

Janey glanced back over her shoulder to see Robby and Adam seated behind her, nervously she looked away and glanced over towards where she knew Hawk and Jake were now seated. Janey froze as her eyes met the icy cold blue gaze of Hawk. She sat almost paralysed as he slowly swept his gaze over her body before meeting her eyes once more with a knowing leer.

"...Janey...Janey..." Her mother's voice and the persistent firm patting on her hand pulled Janey's almost hypnotised stare away from Hawk.

Jerking back to reality from the fear filled past Janey tore her gaze from Hawks and looked down at her own feet as she shuddered and shaked.

"I don't think I can do this, I don't think I can do this," Janey started muttering over and over to herself as she wrapped her arms across her stomach and began to rock slightly in her seat. She was dimly aware of her father wrapping an arm around her and pulling her firmly against his side to stop her rocking. She heard the whispered enquiry from the police prosecutor in front of her and she managed to lift her head to glance around. Her eyes made contact with the gentle gaze of the grey haired man behind the large bench in the front of the room and she felt her face burn as humiliation coloured it brightly.

Janey bowed her head as she felt tears fill her eyes; this ordeal was going to harder than she had ever imagined it would be. It would probably even be harder than living the events had been.

Voices ebbed and flowed around her as the trail got under way. With her emotions finally under control Janey slowly raised her head and glanced at the scene before her. The police prosecutor was walking the floor in front of the Judge talking about how the case would be proved with both physical evidence and testimony. When he sat down one of the lawyers who were sitting with Hawk and Jake got to his feet and began talking.

Janey tensed in her seat as the woman described the case as the vindictive actions of an ex-lover. Janey darted a startled glance at Hawk to find him watching her closely, she became aware of a hand on her shoulder and she glanced over her shoulder to find it was Adam offering his support.

Adam squeezed Janey's shoulder gently to let her know he was on her side, he felt her tense slightly and glanced the way she was looking. He saw that Greg Hawkings was watching the byplay between him and Janey with a sneer and when he raised met the other man's gaze across the room Hawkings raised one eyebrow before turning away with a smirk.

Janey sat motionlessly through the morning's session of court and when lunch break was called she was so stiff from sitting still so long she was barely able to move.

Marina led her daughter out of the courthouse to the family car and stopped to glance at her husband, "What are we going to do for lunch?" she asked.

"We can grab something from one of the take-away shops and eat in the park just down the road," Robby said as he came over to stand beside his mother and Janey. "would that suit you Janey?"

Janey shrugged and stood there staring down at her feet.

"Why don't I take Janey to the park so we can pick a nice spot while someone goes get lunch?" Adam asked quietly.

* * * * *

Janey lay on her side watching the tv set in the motel room. Adam had decided to get a motel for the weekend in the town of Lismore where the court case was being heard. The motel was on the outskirts of town only a kilometre from a man made lake.

The sound of the door being opened made Janey look over her shoulder uneasily but it was just Adam returning from a quick trip to the vending machine near the office.

"Okay, I got essential supplies. Chocolate milk, coke, chocolate, chips and beer." Adam announced.

Janey sat up and reached for a packet of chips eagerly, she had been barely able to eat during the last previous day while she had attended court and now she was ravenous.

"I wish we had pizza or something, I'm starving!" Janey said tearing the packet open and reaching for a handful of chips.

"We could do a run into town and I can get us something to eat." Adam offered.

Janey considered this for a moment, she really didn't want to go anywhere but her hunger won out. Hurriedly she folded the packet shut, slid her legs off the edge of the bed and got to her feet.

Adam led the way out of the room locking it securely behind them, at the car Janey settled herself in the passenger seat and forced a smile as he climbed behind the wheel.

"Pizza? Hamburgers? Chicken? Fish and chips?" Adam recited as he eased the car out onto the highway.

"What about Chinese-takeaway?" Janey asked hopefully.

"Chinese it is then," Adam agreed happy to have Janey interested in anything other than laying around miserably.

At the Chinese restaurant Janey was quick to follow him from the car as Adam got out to go and order their food. He slid an arm around her waist and opened the door of the restaurant, he felt Janey tense as they entered the shop and he looked around to see what had disturbed her.

'Tanaya looked from Matty and Brent where they had stopped on their way out of the restaurant to the couple in the doorway. She recognised the pretty blonde from the several times she had seen her since the day at the Brisbane police station when Ren and Brad had turned themselves in.

"We got every right to come here just the same as anyone else!" 'Tanaya said as she approached the couple.

Adam felt Janey press closer to his side as the exotic looking beauty approached. He glanced at Janey then at the two men behind the woman.

"I'm not saying you're not allowed here. I just hope you don't go upsetting Janey." Adam said with a pointed glance toward Janey who was wringing her hands nervously.

"We're just on our way out." Brent said gruffly as he walked past them followed by Matty.

'Tanaya hesitated for several seconds as she eyed Janey who was clearly very nervous, " I hope you're coping with everything that's going down okay." 'Tanaya said quietly before walking past Adam without a glance at him.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers
12