Ren - Shades of Grey Ch. 13 Extended

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers

Brent and Matty got to their feet and stood before the Judge and Janey could see Matty moving nervously.

The Judge sat silently watching the two men for a few long moments before clearing his throat noisily, "I see you two claim to have had no knowledge that Miss Wilkinson was being held against her will," the Judge noted.

"No ... Your Honour. As far as we knew she was Hawk's girlfriend," Brent said quietly.

"You are pleading guilty but under extenuating circumstances; that you were unaware of the true situation. I find you guilty and sentence you both to a two year good behaviour bond plus two hundred hours of community service each." The Judge said as he made a note on the piece of paper and placed it aside.

"That's not fair!" Janey exclaimed with shock, "They never did a thing!"

The Judge lifted his head to study Janey for a second.

"That would appear so. When you were struck, they did nothing. When you were raped of a night and begged for mercy, they did nothing. When you tried to escape and were dragged back only to be lashed with a belt and then raped within full sight of all those present, they did nothing." The Judge turned his attention back to Brent and Matty, "Domestic violence is against the law and yet when you witnessed it you looked the other way."

The Judge took an angry breath as he paused to glare at the two men through narrowed eyes for several moments. When he spoke once again his voice had taken on a hard tone. "As far as I am concerned, to fail to report a crime is to condone it! By doing nothing you are just as guilty of committing the crime in my eyes! Be thankful you're not spending time behind bars!"

Janey watched as the two men resumed their seats before turning to look over her shoulder at her mother horrified. Marina met her daughter's eyes with compassion and reached out to lay a hand over Janey's hand where it sat on the back of her seat.

"Bradley Stanton," The Judge read from a paper in front of him.

"Oh god! What is he going to do to Brad?" Janey thought frantically as she turned her head to watch Brad get to his feet.

"Mr Stanton you are a trained Paramedic are you not?" The Judge demanded.

"Yes Your Honour, I am." Brad said quietly.

"Did you ever render medical assistance to Miss Wilkinson?" The Judge demanded harshly.

"No Your Honour. If I had tried to help her, Hawk would have used it as a chance to do worse next time," Brad said in a strong voice.

Janey realised that whatever his punishment he would face it without complaint. She felt her tears start to fall on the inside where they would not shame him.

"I do not want a long winded answer! Excuses don't wash in my courtroom! Answer either Yes, or No. " The Judge snapped tightly as if he was fast losing patience.

"Yes, Your Honour."

"Did you implant a contraceptive device upon request by Mr Hawkings?"

"Yes, Your Honour."

"Did you co hearse Miss Wilkinson into having sex with you?" The Judges voice had taken on a sharp edge to it.

Brad glanced at Janey for a second, regret clear on his face. "Yes, Your Honour."

"By both your own admission and in your statement you heard the way Mr Hawkings treated Miss Wilkinson and yet you gave her no choice but to have sex with you, not once but twice!" The Judge seemed to struggle to control his outrage as he shuffled papers on his desk, sorted through them and began to make notes on one.

"I am showing you the same amount of leniency as the amount of compassion you showed the victim, none! I sentence you to two years jail, with not less then twelve months to be served. On release you shall have a two-year Good Behaviour bond placed on you. Let's see if some time to contemplate your behaviour has results. Sit down! I am sick of looking at you!"

Janey bowed her head and squeezed her eyes shut tight as her tears threatened to overflow. "It's not fair! Brad was gentle with me! If he hadn't taken the time to show me it could bring pleasure I don't think I would have survived what happened to me afterwards. At least I knew it could be something to enjoy!" Janey thought painfully.

"Gabriel Renford!"

Janey looked up as the Judge called Ren's name and he got to his feet. "I'm sorry Ren, so sorry. If not for you ... you sent me home and this is how I repay you?"

"Were you aware that Miss Wilkinson was with Mr Hawkings against her will?" The Judge asked levelly.

"Hawkings said as much but I didn't believe him." Ren admitted.

"So you were told she had been ... what was the word? ... oh yeah, snatched. But you didn't believe it? Was she happy?" The Judge asked.

"She had a bruise on her face and seemed scared," Ren admitted.

"Why didn't you do something then?" Janey wondered silently.

"And you admit to having sex with Miss Wilkinson, what once? Twice?" The Judge asked.

"That's a dirty word for something that was so beautiful," Janey thought as misery tightened her chest.

"Four times."

The Judge was silent as he watched Ren for a few moments but Ren refused to look down or look away. "And while you were having sex with her did she do or say anything?"

"Sky kept ... I mean Janey, she kept saying she just wanted to go home," Ren admitted.

"So you knew Miss Wilkinson was there against her will. And you had sex with her against her will; when all she wanted to do was go home." The Judge stated.

Ren hesitated a moment, "Yes Your Honour." He admitted.

The Judge began making notes on the paper before him. "I find that you were aware of the fact Miss Wilkinson had been abducted..."

"I didn't believe Hawkings at first. He was always talking things up into more than they were to make him look more of a man than he was. He was a braggart." Ren stated firmly.

"Oh so you only decided he was telling the truth later?" The Judge asked as he looked up with seeming interest.

"Several days later," Ren confirmed.

"Before you had carnal knowledge of Miss Wilkinson?"

Ren remained silent not answering, after a few moments the Judge continued seemingly not needing an answer from Ren.

"I see here you also admit to having purchased Miss Wilkinson from Mr Hawkings," The Judge said ominously quiet.

"Hawkings wanted to get rid of her. If I hadn't given him the money I don't know what he would have done with her." Ren said tightly.

" 'Buying' Miss Wilkinson provided you with access to her when ever you chose." The Judge said evenly. "You could do what you liked when you liked,"

"It wasn't like that," Ren said between gritted teeth.

"No it wasn't like that, he never pushed me past where I felt comfortable with what he was doing," Janey realised as she looked down at her hands for a second. "Why do I have to realise this now?"

"But you did have intercourse with her after the fact, when she would have believed she had no recourse except to let you do what you wanted." The Judge stated looking at the paper in front of him.

Ren remained silent but was unable to stop himself glancing towards Janey where she sat looking at him with a pained expression on her face.

He could only wonder "Was that what she thought? Is that how she felt?"

Ren turned his head so that he faced the Judge once more. He remembered how she had resisted him at first before finally giving in.

"And once you 'bought' Miss Wilkinson did you immediately make plans to return her to her family?" The Judge asked with what sounded like mild interest.

"No Your Honour." Ren said after a few minutes hesitation then finished off his thoughts silently "I wanted to give her time to heal mentally and physically; so she could go back with her head held high and not feel shame for what was done to her."

"I find you guilty of all charges. Not only did you leave a young woman at the mercy of a man who you knew had kidnapped her you later had sex with her undoubtedly against her will. And when you had the means to get her home to her parents you failed to do this immediately." The Judge said levelly as he looked at Ren. " And what was Miss Wilkinson to think yesterday when you turned up at the hospital while Mr Hawkings was running around goodness only knew where? You do remember me issuing an order that you were not to approach Miss Wilkinson or contact her in anyway?"

"I only thought to..." Ren began tightly.

"Thought? You thought? It occurs to me that you did not think at all!" The Judge snapped dryly. "For breaking the court issued order ... I sentence you to twelve months imprisonment. For aiding and abetting after the fact of abduction I sentence you to three years imprisonment with no less than eighteen months to be served. You admit to the fact of being aware the victim had been abducted and yet at no time did you try to right the circumstances. Hence I declare that these sentences will be served one AFTER the other so you have more time to consider your actions. On release a two-year Good Behaviour Bond shall be place on you."

Janey watched in stunned silence as the Judge finished writing on the paper in front of him, she got to her feet shakily and cleared her throat. "But they were my friends! They helped me!" Janey protested in a faint voice.

The Judge turned his head to look at Janey compassionately.

"Young Lady, I hope you get counselling to help you recover from your ordeal. I also note that you made contact with them while they were under a court order not to approach or contact you. Do you have any idea of the danger you placed yourself and your unborn child in?" He paused while he took in the sight of her standing there before him.

"I also need to address the matter of paternity don't I; I am issuing court orders for the taking of DNA samples from all those you have named as having had intercourse with you. Hopefully DNA testing will tell you the identity of the father of your child."

The Judge paused as he turned his head to look at the men where they sat; he shook his head and moved his pen between his fingers. "I am also making a court order that maintenance be paid by the natural father. And I order that he gives up all paternal rights to the child. There will be no access, no visitation rights and no contact. Any and all contact is to be at the sole discretion of the mother. It is with my experience as a Judge that I feel none of the men present have the slightest to offer a child."

Janey almost collapsed onto her seat as she sat down. Dimly she heard the Judge saying the case was finished and the charges against the other defendants would be heard in two days. Numbly Janey turned her head and watched as police moved over to where Brad and Ren had stood; she watched as handcuffs were placed on their wrists.

" You seem to think making a statement and admitting your transgressions will automatically save you. While your statements have helped the case tremendously, they in no way make up for the fact that both of you failed to act and help the victim. I believe that while you intended to help the victim by making the statements you also made the statements to save your own hide. I took this conclusion into account while sentencing and though I did not impose the maximum penalty neither of you have gotten off lightly either." The Judge said levelly as he looked at Ren and Brad.

Janey glanced towards the Judge, a cold feeling growing within her. Woodenly she stumbled to her feet and turned towards her parents blindly.

Some thing deep inside her ached and burnt for Brad and Ren, they didn't deserve this. Sure, they had made mistakes but they were only human after all!

Unable to fight everyone else's opinion Janey allowed her chin to lower and the tears to seep from beneath her lashes. Unable to cope with the situation her mind shut itself to any further thoughts and her body switched to autopilot.

She was unaware of the police prosecutor gently guiding her through the small gateway into the public gallery where her parents waited.

The sound of footsteps on the thick carpeting roused her for a few moments and she tried to turn for a last glimpse of Ren and Brad but her father had his arm around her shoulders and he began guiding her towards the exit door.

The sun outside was bright and Janey ducked her head as the sun glared into her eyes. She managed to walk down the steps before her legs threatened to buckle under her and she was forced to sit on the bottom step. She was aware of Adam and her brothers crowding around and even noticed Caro with them but she was unable to focus on the conversation.

A sick feeling started to grow in her stomach and she realised with some alarm that she going to be ill. She managed to get to her feet as she looked around frantically for somewhere to be sick.

Marina saw Janey's colourless face and realised immediately what was wrong. She guided her over to a garbage can and stood by as her daughter was violently sick. When she was finally finished she handed Janey a tissue and waited while Janey caught her breath.

"I want to go home," Janey said hoarsely as she looked at her mother.

Marina turned to look at Adam, "Are you working today?" she asked.

"No, I got this week off to be with Janey," Adam said as he came up beside Janey and gently placed a hand in the small of her back.

"Don't touch me, I don't want you to touch me. I want Ren." Janey thought miserably as she flinched beneath his hand.

"I think it best if Janey went home now and you bought her back on Thursday morning," Marina said.

"That sounds like an excellent idea," Adam said as he looked at Janey for a moment.

Janey found herself led gently out to Adam's car and gently urged into the front seat. She leant her head back against the headrest and closed her eyes as tiredness overwhelmed her.

"The fucking little bitch! I hate her! I really hate her!"

Janey opened her eyes and looked towards the courthouse as she heard 'Tanaya shouting. She could see her standing with Brent and Matty and Brent had her by the upper arm as she struggled to get free. Janey had no doubt that 'Tanaya would come to the car and give her a piece of her mind if she got the chance. Adam seemed to think so as well as he quickly closed her door and moved around the car to get in the drivers seat.

Suddenly Janey wished 'Tanaya had been able to reach the car. Janey wanted to tell her how sorry she was that Ren and Brad were being put in jail.

* * * * *

Janey sat on the back steps of her parent's house; she had a light throw rug wrapped around her shoulders. She heard the door behind her open and footsteps sound as someone moved onto the veranda behind her.

"I should have known I would find you out here," James said quietly as he sat on the step beside his sister. "I don't think you've said two words since we got home."

"I've got nothing to say," Janey glanced at her brother for an instant before looking out across the lawn once more.

"I don't know if there is anything I can do or say, Blonde One," James said softly.

"Don't call me that! Don't call me that ever again!" Janey snapped tearfully.

"Once the next court case is over where do you go from there?" James asked.

Janey shrugged without saying anything.

"Are you going to go to counselling like the old man is saying you should?" James asked quietly.

"If I refuse to go they'll say it's because ... my thoughts were twisted by... " Janey looked down at her hands, tears threatened to flow but she fought them back. "If I don't go they'll always be harping on about it."

"Mum wouldn't harp on about it," James tried to reassure her gently.

"But Adam would," Janey said in an almost whisper.

"You're happy with Adam?" James asked softly.

"Happy? What is happy? I'm not unhappy with him but ... I'm not sure about anything anymore. Not sure of what I want only what I don't want." Janey said quietly. "And I don't want Adam touching me anymore, but I don't know if I am strong enough to do it alone yet,"

"Are you sure you should be with Adam? Is that what's right for you?" James asked quietly, "Is that what you want?"

"He makes me feel safe. He has this strength about him," Janey said quietly.

James regarded his sister silently, "Is feeling safe enough for you? Or do you want more? I get the feeling you found something else you want more somewhere you can't go back to,"

"Mum's dishing up steamed pudding and hot custard," James said trying to distract his sister from whatever thoughts may be drifting through her mind.

"I'm not really hungry," Janey said quietly.

James couldn't help but notice she seemed to want to be left to sit there silently.

"Okay then. I'm heading back inside but if you want to go somewhere or to the beach but don't want Adam with you, let me know." James said as he got to his feet. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was something greatly wrong with the relationship between the two of them.

Janey looked at him startled. It wasn't she didn't want Adam's company. Just that his company was...tiring and she was so tired as it was.

James headed back inside. He knew everyone was worried about Janey after the strain of the day at court but they were all giving her some space. Adam looked at him hopefully when he walked into the main lounge room but James could do nothing more than shake his head.

"How is Janey?" Adam asked.

"She just wants to be left alone at the moment. Probably feeling a bit shell shocked to look at her." James said

Adam glanced out the way James had come from but made no move to go out there. When everyone had arrived back at the house from Lismore Janey had made it clear she wanted to be left to her own devices.

"Rob, do you think Janey would like to go out on a date? We missed doing those type of things in our relationship," Adam said turning to his friend.

"Yeah, she might like that." Robby said after a moments thought.

"I'll go see what she says," Adam muttered and headed for the back veranda.

He found Janey standing by the back fence looking out towards the ocean where the breeze was coming from.

"Hey beautiful, enjoying the sun are you?" Adam asked as he walked up to her.

"I can smell the salt in the air. The last of the summer's warmth is around today." Janey said faintly. She wished he would go away and leave her be.

Adam turned into the slight breeze and took a deep breath; he could smell the tang of sea that Janey had been talking about. He turned back to her with a slightly sheepish expression on his face.

"I was wondering if maybe you would like to go out with me on a date. We could go catch a movie, go for a walk on the beach or even go for ice cream. What ever you feel comfortable with." Adam said solemnly.

Janey turned her head to look at him startled by his remark.

"That is if I got things right and you're interested in maybe going out with me." Adam said quietly.

Janey blinked at him startled for several seconds before the warm tide of embarrassment washed over her face; she looked away as she tried to absorb what was happening.

"Are you asking me out?" Janey finally asked after a few embarrassed moments.

"Yeah," Adam grinned when she glanced his way. "I was hoping that after what happened the other night maybe we could start over, take things slowly this time..."

Feeling slightly flustered and Janey brushed her fringe back out of her eyes as she darted another glance his way. "I'd like that," she said with a soft smile.

"What would you like to do and possibly when?" Adam asked, "Since it's our first date you can have the choice of where we go and what we do."

"How about a walk along the beach? I'll have to be home for tea." Janey said and then smiled shyly, "Maybe you'd like to stay for tea?"

Adam smiled, Janey seemed happy to treat it as if it was the start of their relationship. Maybe he could give Janey the fun of young romance like she deserved.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers