Replacement Therapy Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,589 Followers

"Do what you have to do, Aaron. I know how much you were hurting when she took the boys from you. You do what you have to do. We'll cover for you."

"Thanks. Considering what you've already done for me when I was in hospital and recovering, I know I'm asking a lot. I really appreciate it."

He smiled an easy smile, one of his trademarks. "You just look after your boys. That's what's important here."

I left work a bit early to get home and talk to Meg and Yolanda. Luckily, they were both there when I arrived.

"Ladies, we need to talk. I've got a challenge and I need your help."

I spilled out the story of the phone call and Georgia's concerns. I told them I'd be picking them up at the airport that evening, but I wasn't sure where I would have them stay.

"Oh for Pete's sake, Aaron," Meg snapped. "They'll stay here with you, of course. We can have them double bunk until you get things settled."

"I was hoping you'd say that. In the meantime, I need to get another pair of beds from my storage unit. May I borrow the truck, please, Yolanda."

"Not without me as a helper," she grinned.

In less than an hour, we had picked up the bed frames, box springs, and mattresses and arrived back at the house. I would get the boys to help me move the mattresses and box springs upstairs. I could handle the rest myself. My mind was racing as I looked forward to seeing my sons for the first time in nearly three years.

"May I come with you to the airport?" Yolanda asked.

"Of course. You're going to be their step-mother. I want them to love you just as I do."

She smiled and gave me a nice, sweet kiss.

We left for the airport at six-fifteen. The flight was expected to be on time the last I had looked on the website. We made the arrival area just as their plane had landed and waited almost fifteen minutes before the first passengers began to trickle in. I saw the boys first, and waved to them. It took a couple of moments before they saw me and enthusiastically waved back.

I saw Georgia next, and she gave me a modest wave of acknowledgement. She looked haggard and drawn, older than I remembered her. Their luggage arrived and they piled it onto a cart and moved to the exit. I greeted the boys on my knees, hugging them tightly.

"Hi Terry ... Matt. Great to see you. How are you? Okay?" I couldn't think of anything else to say as my eyes began to water.

"Hi Dad," they said, almost in unison. "It's great to be back home," Terry added.

That hit me. They still considered this their home. That was a big lift to my spirits. I hadn't lost them.

"Hello, Georgia. Glad you were able to make it okay."

"Yes. You arranged everything perfectly. Thank you again."

I turned to Yolanda, who had been nearby, but a couple of steps away, allowing the boys and me, as well as Georgia, some room.

"Yolanda, I'd like you to meet my sons, Terry ... and Matt. Boys, this is Yolanda Michaels, my fiancée."

I caught the look of surprise on Georgia's face. I was hoping I would shock her, and it looked like I succeeded.

"Yolanda, this is Georgia Saunders, my ex-wife." They shook hands politely. I didn't detect any ill feeling in their greeting.

"Georgia, is your friend meeting you here at the airport?" I asked.

"No, I haven't been able to get hold of her."

I was about to turn to Yolanda when I heard her say, "Come with us then. We'll find a place for you."

I took one look at her and saw that she was serious. I put my animosity aside for a while and nodded. I didn't know where that place would be, but knowing my fiancée and her mother, there'd be a solution. In the meantime, the boys were champing at the bit to get going.

It wasn't much more than a half hour from the airport to our home, and the boys were full of questions. Where were we living now? Who was going to be there with them? Were there any other kids in the neighborhood? And so on.

Yolanda fielded the questions very well, I thought. The answers were pretty generic, but flicking my eyes to the rear view mirror, I could see my sons were pretty excited about what they would discover. Georgia, on the other hand, was quiet and spent most of her time looking out the window at the scenery, apparently lost in her thoughts.

When we arrived at the house, the boys were full of "awesome" and "cool" comments. Georgia, however, seemed to be in shock.

"Is this where you're living?" she asked in amazement.

"Yes. It's Yolanda's mother's house. It's been in the family for a hundred years. It's also a heritage house, with quite a storied history."

Georgia was clearly impressed. "Very elegant, Aaron. You've come up in the world."

I was about to make a smart-assed remark when I bit my tongue and refrained. I saw the look from Yolanda and knew I'd done the right thing.

Meg met us at the door and the introductions were made as I was hauling the suitcases in from the car. Considering how little time they had to pack, they managed to bring a lot of stuff. Just as well, I supposed.

While we were gone, Meg had called the two young men down the street to help with the mattress and box spring, and by the time we had arrived, the bed was set up and made. I got my exercise bringing the suitcases upstairs while the women worked out the logistics of who would sleep where.

"Meg ... where do you want me to put Georgia's bag?"

"Oh ... put it in DeDe's room. I've got an old camp cot in the storage barn that we can set up for Kirk, and we'll move his bed into DeDe's room for Georgia."

"Yeah ... sure." I wasn't enthusiastic about it, but I had to admit, it solved a short-term problem. I had no idea how long we would be putting up with my ex-wife, but it looked like it wasn't presenting any problem for Meg, so I just went with the flow.

There was something else on my mind, as well. What about Leonard and his dubious business connections? Were they likely to show up here looking for him? Was having Georgia here putting the rest of the family in danger? And just what the hell was her husband up to that he needed tainted money in the first place?

Time enough for that in the morning. First thing was to get the boys settled. Their bodies would still be operating two hours ahead, and I was sure they would be tired from the stress and strain of bailing out of Chicago quickly. Tomorrow, I would talk to the boys and Georgia separately. I wanted some straight answers and I was more confident I would get those from Terry and Matt than from their mother.

I was lying in bed later that evening, my mind racing at ninety-miles-an-hour when I felt Yolanda's arm pull me to her.

"Relax, Aaron. You're wound up tighter than a clock spring. It's not a big deal. We'll figure out what to do about Georgia and your sons. Just leave it to Mom and me."

I could visualize her grinning at me in the dark. I clasped her hand in mine, a silent thank-you for her being there. I was in a much happier place with her, and Georgia being here only served to remind me just how much better off I was.

To be concluded...

Editing by ErikThread and DaveT with my thanks for their thoroughness and helpful suggestions. Any errors are mine.

coaster2
coaster2
2,589 Followers
12