Requiem

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh..."

"Since we're neighbors, we'll... We will see each other around, wont we?" I asked earnestly. I truly wanted to know what she wanted. It could've been my emotions playing tricks on me, my brain-induced mirages of subliminal messaging in absolutely everything I see on a daily note... but I felt the tension that I always felt whenever Veronica and I would start our sessions. That vibration that thrummed and lingered, on and on and on like a heartbeat was palpable. I looked into her eyes again and noted to myself that they had indeed darkened: we were both aroused. The only thing that made sense to me at that moment, or I at least convinced myself to believe was that the pent up anger I had stored for Veronica, saving it for a prime moment such as what just occurred – Veronica felt as well, only with passion and longing. Pent-up longing to kiss someone. To nurture them. And it was also then, looking at her like that under the street lamp, the snowflakes falling from her rosy cheeks, and those that failed melted or dispersed into steam, it was then I realized underneath all the anger I had, passion and longing lingered there as well. They were both cousins down in that darkness, as people as a whole are all brothers and sisters in death, once they got there.

I remembered to breathe. Keeping my gaze on the woman in my sights, I walked towards her. Her eyes followed, nervously trailing after me, so many emotions flickering over her features. I inched towards her, my boots climbing the paved steps till they rested a step below her own. I could feel her heartbeat, palpitating at an alarming rate. Still, her composure and posture endured.

"I love you, Veronica."

And, I leaned in and kissed her on the lips.

She didn't flinch. She didn't hit me. She didn't cringe or back away. She just stood there; her eyes unclosed still looking at my own. My eyes were shut, my heart hammering in my chest. But I could feel her eyes on me. I could feel her lips on my own and I told myself to not move my lips. No matter how much I ached to. I felt hot air fall from her nose onto my lips and opened my eyes halfway. Green eyes met my hazel ones. Time stood still again, the snow moving like molasses. It was then I felt her lips move and I felt something wet and warm. Her lips closed over my own and her tongue mingled, prying my mouth apart. Her eyes glinted as the heat of our mouths intertwined and I sucked her tongue in. Her moan made my eyes roll and shut, and then we were kissing fiercely, our lips smacking, our tongues searching. The snow falling around us cocooned our bodies as we continued to kiss. I felt her hands in my hair, dragging and pulling. I crossed my arms around and over her neck and we continued like this for how long I do not know. The streets grew quiet, the traffic long dispersed and gone, there was not another living soul except us.

The stillness of the air brought us back to reality, and I felt my lips part from hers with a sweet, soft, audible smack.

"Babygirl..." Veronica began to say, fingering my lip with her thumb, caressing the half of my face with the rest of her hand and fingers.

"Goodnight, Vonnisweet." I breathed onto her lips, faintly touching them as I spoke.

I turned and walked down the back alleyway towards the BMW Billy parked beside the Italian take-out restaurant I ordered from whenever I grew tired of the long lines at the seafood market. He managed to get the cheese, crackers, and champagne in one fell swoop and tossed me my keys before I left the gallery after my second Gin and Tonic only thirty minutes ago, but now it felt like hours. I kept walking, my whole body alive and warm. My lips were tingling; red and plump from their workout with Vonni's own lips.

That was our first kiss. That magical kiss.

I heard the door to the gallery part and close, the muted sounds of the alleyway and street interrupted by the ruckus inside the building. Closing my eyes once more, I exhaled, realizing too late in was a sigh in the making. I fumbled with my keys. The cars emergency lights flashed ten yards away, the interior lights dawning on like a morning sunrise. I grasped my hand around the handle, opened the door and seated myself in the driver's seat, closing the door once buckled. The ignition chimed on after inserting the fob and a crisp note of a violin pierced the silence of the ambiance of my sedan. Putting the car in reverse, I turned my head, grasping the passenger seat with my right hand, driving and maneuvering with my left. As the tires brought me further and further away from the gallery and closer to the intersection, only one thought kept floating around my mind. Insistent, like a bug. Like a busy bee.

She kissed me.


I would like to thank the community of Literotica for allowing me to post this story, as I've been wanting to for awhile now! This is the first part of a long installment that I suspect will last till a part III or IV at the most. I will be posting part II of Requiem soon, once I am finished writing the bonus chapters of some other characters vital to the story.

If you have any questions, please feel free to comment and leave feedback. I look forward to bringing you more in the upcoming days. ^^-TA_S