Rescued At Sea - Lesbian Fairytale

Story Info
A fairytale about a princess getting rescued by a mermaid.
4.1k words
4.06
6.2k
9
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Within a magical forest known as Eldon; it was woods owned by a leprechaun.

During the night of a full moon, strange events started to take place as a warship was led towards a parade of rocks. It soon ended with a mighty crash as no-one other than an elven female was stranded on the lonesome isle ahead... unconscious. The isle seemed ghostly, like it had a past; it had a strange feeling to it. The full moon was known to cause crazy happenings, or at least that was what they believed. With being only an elven princess on-board a longship, she must have escaped the crew.

Iridescent scales flashed in the dim light of the water, something moving curiously close to the ship wreck. Whatever it was, it moved fluidly through the sea, quick and graceful. Ripple appeared near the isle, a dark and damp head popping up above the water. This creature moved closer, cautious, keeping an eye out for any movement. She found none, but still swam closer while avoiding the debris from the ship. Nearing the rocks, her light green eyes fell on a body nearby on the isle. With a quick movement, she was about to dart away and flee but stopped herself. They were not moving at all. Were they dead? Swimming closer, carefully hoisting her slender body, she reached a hand out and touched the girl. Cringing, she prepared to flee again but the girl remained unresponsive. Feeling like it was safe; the mermaid began to examine the girl. Lifting her damp, slightly dirt spiked hair, she discovered pointy ears. Not a human?

Not at all human, rather she shared the appearance to one like most humanoid creatures. She appeared to be a rather petite woman, an elf from the forest. She was stranded on an isle that was surrounded by the vast ocean, so it was only mandatory for strange creatures to be lurking about. The girl remained as stiff as a rock, just like the one beside her. However, with this creature prying over her lifeless form, the girl's body flinched somewhat... though stopped.

The mermaid cringed, tensing when her body gave a little twitch. Since the movements ceased not long after, she remained where she was, inspecting the elf girl further. There was a fascination with her legs however. The mermaid touched her calf, lifting it gently, inspecting the way it bent at the knee. Something glittery caught her eye and the curious creature moved her attention to her neck. Reaching for it, she inspected the trinket, the way it sparkled in the moonlight. It appeared to be an engagement necklace that consisted of a pink tourmaline and diamond brooch. Letting go of it, the mermaid's curious gaze landed on the girl's face. Leaning in really close, she peered at the elf's features. Her delicate nose and lashes, and then the shape of her cheekbones. She was pretty.

Just at that moment, eyelids slowly fluttered wide, although the elf's vision was blurry for a few ticks. She raised her arms, beginning to rub her eyes with both her dirty hands, soon witnessing what appeared to be a... mermaid. The woman gulped at the sight, remained speechless as she could only hear her heart thump out of place, but her legs felt pained when she attempted to move. For her own safety she wanted to flee from the area, though the pain kept holding her back. Sluggishly, she hoisted her torso, palms planted in the sand as she kept her nervous stare fixed on the ocean creature before her. The elven girl felt a mixture of emotions; fear, and yet excitement. Such a magnificent view, and yet startling. She had heard many tales of evil mermaids drowning sailors after they gained whatever they desired, and one thought had her worried that this mermaid could possibly eat her.

Strangely, her response to the situation was fairly different to her own current muse.

"Do you... know of any healing rituals, or know how to cure wounds?"

The girl asked, squinting at the pain she felt.

Recoiling quickly from the elf when her eyes shot open, the mermaid swam behind a rock close by. It was the scariest moment of her life but she just sat there, paralysed as the elf girl began to move.

It seemed like they stared at each other for several long moments. When the elf girl looked away, the mermaid darted back into the water. This way she could easily escape if there was danger, but she still loitered, her head and eyes above the water. Continuing to study the girl, she finally rose up a little further from the water to answer.

"I know your speak."

As for the healing of the girl's wounds, the mermaid could do something about it but she decided to do something else instead. Sinking below the water's surface, she disappeared from view inside the murky water. Swimming down towards the sea floor, she looked for some of the sea aloe that grew there. Returning to the elf, she cautiously held the slimy plant out to her. Arm outstretched in a cautious manner, as if the other woman was going to bite her or something.

Eyeing the plant curiously, the woman had never seen a plant such as this before. With caution, the elven woman leaned in to gently pinch the plant from the mermaid's grasp; all whilst keeping a careful stare locked on the ocean creature. Wary she was, albeit the mermaid seemed... kind... to her, by helping her with her pain.

"Do I eat this, or do I rub it on my wounds?" The elf questioned, despite her natural instinct advised her to eat it. "Thank you, I guess. I'm Alekhya."

Alekhya flashed a friendly smile to the mermaid.

When the elf took the plant, the mermaid pulled her hand away quickly. Her gaze never left the girl, even when she sank lower into the water so only half of her head was visible. To the mermaid, the elven girl seemed to be just as wary of her as she was. Bobbing up out of the water a little more, she patted her arm in answer to the girl's question.

"It goes on the skin."

Tilting her head, the mermaid was somewhat unsettled by the smile. She knew a lot of creatures used it as a threatening display, seeing teeth was an especially bad thing if one lived underwater.

"I'm Lunara."

The mermaid gave her name to the elf girl, still somewhat cautious about her.

"Why are you here?"

Beginning to press the plant down onto the visible wounds on her leg, Alekhya just nodded to the mermaid's words. She eyed the mermaid every now and then, keeping her gaze fixed on the creature during the moment she treated her wounds.

"Why am I here?" Alekhya repeated the mermaid's query as if to be questioning it. "My ship crashed here, that's why I'm here." Alekhya stated.

Of course, there was a reason as to why she eloped on a longship, but Alekhya was hesitating to confess the deeper reasons to the mermaid. But then again, the mermaid was merely an ocean creature; Alekhya never knew if whether or not she would understand the reason why.

"I'm here... because I wanted to save my life... but I didn't know a storm was coming. I didn't even care about the storm, I just wanted to go..." Alekhya shrugged as she finished, she almost muttered her words as she spoke.

Alekhya treated her cuts, Lunara eyed her legs curiously. They looked like they would be horrible for swimming. No wonder so many humans and humanoid creatures drowned in the waters so often. Looking up as the girl spoke, Lunara gave her a look as if to say it was obvious her ship crashed.

"Why be on the ship then?"

Swimming closer and resting her front against the rocks near the elf. Her body straightened out, her tail skimming the surface of the water. The scales on it were a dark colour but shimmered rainbow hues in the light. Lunara was only able to speak in short, broken sentences but the more she interacted with Alekhya, the more she was beginning to learn to communicate properly.

"You wanted to go, save your life, but only you survived."

Her lime hues moved from her and to the floating debris and wreckage from the ship. The mermaid was beginning to relax around the elf, allowing her attention to wander like that.

"Your legs are strange, but I like them."

Alekhya stretched out her slender legs, wriggling her toes in the procedure. Alekhya was now able to move her legs without feeling a slightest tinge of pain, thanks to the ocean creature. She heeded the mermaid's comment regarding her legs, and giggled in response.

"I take it you've never seen someone like me before, huh?" Alekhya questioned, whilst dabbing the plant onto her shoulder, treating yet another bloodied wound. "I can only imagine that you must have so much freedom, being able to swim and explore the ocean, like birds being able to fly." Alekhya mused as she observed the mermaid for a moment, still wearing such a wide smile along her cherry-pink lips. "But then I have to be grateful for the ability to be able to walk, run, and skip... everything that legs can do."

As for the warship, Alekhya was not so bothered about it; she simply gave a shrug at the sight of the remains. With that, she could feel the wound on her shoulder beginning to heal. This was some magical plant, Alekhya thought.

"They're bound to send a search party out soon enough, and that's when I'll have to really run for it." Alekhya clenched her teeth at the unpleasant thought, though she knew she had to bare it for when that time eventually comes. "I'm not very knowledgeable about ships, as you can possibly tell. It was theirs to begin with; I just... used it to get away." Alekhya admitted.

"Seen plenty like you. None of them alive." Lunara informed her, watching Alekhya dab the plant on her wounds. "Birds?" Lunara looked a little confused about the comparison. Lime coloured eyes moved towards the horizon, the light was fading out and soon darkness would reign.

Alekhya chattered on and the mermaid struggled to follow some meanings to her words. She realized that the land creature liked to babble and make a lot of noise. Being an overly dramatic princess, Alekhya was indeed quite the chatterbox.

"You need to escape?"

Swimming closer, she pulled herself partially up on the rocks.

"Can you swim?"

After the elven woman finished treating her wounds, she had no use for the plant anymore and so thus she left it down beside her.

"I can swim, yes, or at least I think so." Alekhya nodded gently, ending her utter with a gulp. She was unsure if she could swim or not, though she was eager to try if it meant running away from the area... and her captors.

Able to move her limbs with ease, Alekhya slowly crept towards the sea, and felt a cold shiver trail up her spine the moment she touched the seawater with her bare foot. Even though Alekhya knew the ocean was the mermaid's natural habitat, she still wondered how the heck Lunara could even live underwater without freezing to death.

The mermaid watched the girl, amused by her nervous behaviour. With her creeping closer to the water, Lunara moved back to give her room. Alekhya seemed uncomfortable with the water and she realized that the water was probably cold to her.

"Cold?" Lunara asked the girl, swimming closer again. "Here, come."

She would have to help Alekhya travel further from this place. Most likely as quickly as she could so the elf girl did not catch hypothermia. In fact, she probably would not even be able to swim in the frigid water; her muscles might refuse to work.

"I'll help you."

Reaching a green hand up to Alekhya, the mermaid offered to aid her. The night was far from over and it would get even colder soon. It would be deadly for them both if they did not hurry.

Floating over to the mermaid, her body gliding through the water, Alekhya extended out a hand and soon greeted Lunara's hand with a firm grasp. She could feel the cold aqua already begin to operate on her body, though she managed to tolerate the temperature at this minute. As she was approaching Lunara, she could feel her feet hesitating to leave the rock's surface beneath the water. Alekhya shuddered at the mere thought of possibly drowning, especially seeing as she was never all too experienced with swimming in the seas.

"Thank you..."

Alekhya muttered, though her voice sounded unnaturally loud. In fact, their entire conversation sounded just as loud, but never sending echoes here and there other than the paddles in the seawater. They were in a quiet area after all, and the time of day also played a role in it.

Finally gripping onto the mermaid's hand now, Alekhya somewhat gulped in response to the touch, the feel of her hand. Never had she once touched a creature in the ocean, not even a common fish, so this was a new experience for her as a whole. Her hand felt weird, but Alekhya never really cared.

"Let's just go... anywhere... anywhere far from here..."

The mermaid cringed at the loud voice, closing one eye and shrinking back a little. This land creature was proving to be very obnoxious.

Why did her curiosity have to--

Alekhya took her hand and her heart thudded hard in her chest. The skin was so warm and soft; it took her completely by surprise. It felt so pleasant. Blood rushed into her cheeks, blushing for the first time in her life.

"Yes..." Lunara's voice sounded guarded and wary. "Let's go."

Carefully she began to swim, leading the elf with their joined hands.

"I have an idea." Lunara paused in the water, glancing back at the elf. "Hold your breath." Lunara advised, all whilst pointing to her own lips before continuing. "I'll swim you to a new island."

If she held the other girl close and carried her through the water, they could get to the new destination fairly quickly.

Just by the mere sound of those words, Alekhya was somewhat worried about this idea that automatically sprung in the mermaid's mind. She wondered where in the sea the mermaid was planning to take her, and whether Alekhya was destined to breathe her last or not. Perhaps that was just a worry, and nothing to fear. If anything, Alekhya was definitely up for a journey beneath the water, especially since it would also mean fleeing further away from the tribe.

Alekhya quickly nodded in response to the mermaid's words, her teeth slowly beginning to chatter due to the icy seawater operating her almost bare body. She only had a dress on, after all, rather skimpy by appearance. She never wore anything snug, or even a swimsuit which would be ideal right now.

"Where... is this new island?" Alekhya eventually spoke, asking her question in between breaths.

Gripping onto the mermaid's hand even tighter than before, despite the foreign feel. It was not every day one would hold a mermaid's hand, and Alekhya found it difficult to believe she had even met a creature of the ocean. It was all too strange to be real, but then this world held many mysteries anyway. Alekhya still wondered if whether or not she was currently in la-la-land, if she had even woke up from the coma.

Turns out it was far too soon; the crew were already searching the seas.

The heavens cast a ghastly shadow over the woodland of Eldon, soon beginning to cascade with hailstones at the mere clap of thunder. The tides were high in the sea, which were accompanied by heavy waves and even whirlpools. It seemed like the time has dawned for the crew's search to begin and thus dominate the night for as long as they wished. Crew members raided every other cave they came across, finding nothing but a dead end. They were searching for Alekhya, the princess of the crew, albeit they were down on luck so far. Torches lit up the longship as flashlights were searching in every direction, lighting up the sea path.

While Lunara took up a quest to evacuate Alekhya and herself from the region, Lunara's sisters decided to rid the Vikings from the mermaid kingdom. Oh, they were ready! Many mermaids glided through the water's surface, circling one of the only ships that entered the province. The show began when one sprung from below, immediately snatching a member from the vessel before diving back into the deep sea. There were a swarm of mermaids beginning to tear the wood to shreds, seizing any human they could find along the way. The water surrounding the longship later formed into a bloody mess. A few of the crew members fought back, one slashing a nearby mermaid's tail with an axe.

It was just fortunate that Lunara discovered an underwater tunnel in order to flee from the commotion above, and so thus she chanced it with hope there would be a safer area on the other side. She could hear the calls of her sisters in the upper story of the ocean, but she knew they were tough enough to eliminate the crew on their own. Her sisters were far from weak. For now, Lunara had to protect Alekhya; she promised to keep her out of harm's way. As they entered the gloomy tunnel, a band of jellyfish shot out within seconds, thus giving Lunara the impression that there were merely small ocean creatures dwelling within these crooks. Perhaps they were hiding from predators. Alekhya was frightened somewhat, despite she felt safe in Lunara's strong arms.

Will they follow?

Alekhya pondered, the only worry dominating her poor mind. The sea was endless and Alekhya already knew the crew was never exceptionally talented at exploring beneath the water...

Out of the blue, a mysterious woman materialized upon a rocky isle as she now rose her arms, making the attempt to use her power in order to control the Viking warship. A dark, expanding orb lit up between her palms as a violet web enclosed the dark globe. The orb almost resembles a black hole, though a mirrored image of the longship shone within the centre. All her remaining energy was stored as an overdrive, like as if she was already waiting for this moment to occur.

The longship rotated in the direction of the strange woman, as screams warned the many mermaids to elude from the area. The mere sound of her sisters' calls caused Lunara to pause for a moment, as she casted a fleeting glance over her shoulder in the process. Not only was the sky cascading hailstones, but the clouds were merging with the seawater and thus creating one hell of a tornado on the sea. Lunara was somewhat startled, though she knew exactly what sirens were capable of. As Lunara averted her stare to the tunnel once more, she witnessed a vortex beginning to develop in the centre. With that, she knew she had to swim fast!

Crew members were tumbling off the edge of the ship and diving into the water below while some remained seated, even though they knew what was bound to happen. The woman ahead appeared to be rather captivating as her long black robe danced with the airstream; it was just unfortunate that she was evidently a cold-blooded killer. Despite all mermaids had to withdraw from the area, there was at least one that leapt up from the water's surface purely to snag a visible crew member from the longship yet again. After all, dinner had to be served beneath the water.

Just when the ship neared the parade of rocks, the woman immediately vanished and there was no sign of her anywhere. The vessel soon ended with a mighty crash, and lives either drowned or were left unconscious on the rocks. Vikings knew never to enter the mermaid kingdom, regardless of their reasoning. Mermaids were fatal to them. The minute the ship crashed, it later burst into a blinding light that left behind a piece of jewellery that was known as a sorcery amulet; it was a stone attached to a thin chain... a necklace. However, it merely sunk into the water where it was quickly taken by a curious mermaid. She found the jewellery insanely beautiful. Perhaps it belonged to the princess of the ship? Well, the former princess.

Lunara helped Alekhya out of the sea, especially seeing as Alekhya was exhausted from this day's adventure. Alekhya was crippled for sure. As she reached the land, she immediately collapsed onto her back while Lunara followed behind, and the mermaid took full advantage of this moment and rested her head onto Alekhya's chest. She listened to the elven girl's heartbeat with awe; dazzled by the mere sound and vibration. Lunara somewhat hoped the morning would arrive slowly, purely due to this one precious moment.

12