Return of The Slender Man Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I tend to doubt that, sir." I said. "He took his shot, and that was that. He left the kids where they could easily be spotted, instead of in the house where it wouldn't have been as easy to detect them. And he got his faceless head busted open... well, I think he did..."

"I'm not the one you're going to have to explain things to." said Moynahan. "There will be a Board of Inquiry on Monday and the Council meeting on Tuesday. Captain Ross insisted on you being put in for a Purple Order and the Star of Gallantry, so I did... but I'll tell you right now that the Sheriff did not endorse it as he passed it along, and many on the Council are deeply skeptical of just what happened..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I had pored over every piece of video that had been recorded, be it from drones or dash-cams or other devices. All were the same: whenever the Slender Man came into the picture, things got fuzzy and staticky. Some Police dashcams remained clear, but were aimed where they did not show Slender Man nor my fight with him.

All ended with that brilliant white-hot flash of light as my crowbar came down upon Slender's head. I could not tell in any video if I had damaged him. And of course... no video showed where the body went, alive or dead, or un-dead as the case may be.

Then I read every Police report... including my own... and was somewhat amazed at how closely they agreed. People never see things the same way at accidents or crime scenes; the trick was to figure out what was real amongst all the 'noise'. But this time, it almost seemed as if the reports were choreographed, though I knew they were not (due to my own being one of the reports that matched all the others).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Patricia Ridley was released from the Hospital." said Cindy as she sat in my office with me a few minutes after the Chief left. "She got much better as soon as she heard Zack had been found and was okay. The doctors have informed her that Zack needs to continue to be checked out and interviewed. Dr. Yates said that Zack's answers in his first interview were very strange at best, and almost frightening at worst. Nothing you and I didn't know already, of course." I nodded.

"The other kids seem to be okay, and will be checked out once or twice more, but Dr. Yates anticipates no further problems with them." said Cindy. "They're watching Alton Taylor, Rachel Fourier, and Marie Pressman closely, as this is the second time they've been abducted. But the kids seem to be handling it fairly well."

"What about Bart Tomlin?" I asked.

Cindy grimaced. "He's still in the Hospital. He still raves whenever he wakes up. Physically, he's fine. We told him Tommy had been rescued, we showed him video of Tommy being put in the ambulance, then Tommy's videotaped statement to Dr. Yates. Didn't do a bit of good. The doctors are not sure they want Tommy seeing his father like that just yet, so they haven't taken him to see Bart."

"What will happen to Tommy?" I asked.

"DFACS was called this morning." Cindy replied. "They expressed huge reservations about allowing Tommy's mother to have custody of him. His mother is not acting like she wants custody of him, and the man she's living with now is not the most savory of characters. Fortunately, Bart has a sister who lives in Hamilton County, and she is going to take Tommy in."

"Good." I said, very relieved to hear that for Tommy's sake. "Any injuries, besides my back and your hand burn?"

"Harumph." Cindy said, holding up her hand, still red where she'd picked up the crowbar. "That's not a burn, that's a suntan." I chuckled. Cindy went on: "And word is that the Council is very divided on whether you were actually injured or not. What does it take to get you a Purple Order? They fought like hell against your last one."

"And I don't object." I said. "I'm not trying to break Teresa's records, and I don't really want anyone else doing so, either."

"For the sake of the Force and what those awards mean," Cindy said, "you should get one if you deserve it. And I saw you lying there on the ground, then trying to walk at the Hospital. You deserve one, and a Star at worst, another MOV at best."

"MOV is not going to happen." I said. "Last time, I was shot before rescuing the kids, then the building blew up on me. You, Teresa, and Roy Easley incurred severe injuries when you got yours. This time?" I just shrugged, holding out my hands...

Part 20 - Plots and Pussy

"He did it again!" said the beautiful Priya Ajmani happily as she met with State Senator Katherine Woodburn in Woodburn's office at her home. "The Iron Crowbar rescued all the kidnapped children."

"Yes, that is very good." said Katherine. "And the Iron Crowbar was not too badly damaged, either. I'm assuming he can still get it up, and fuck your sweet little pussy with that iron hard cock of his."

"And your sweet pussy, too." Priya said, giving it right back to Katherine. The older woman smiled.

"What is the Media saying about the perp getting away?" Katherine asked.

"Not much." said Priya. "Almost everyone was affected by the lightning strike, either blinded or felt the electricity of it. The kids in the woods were shielded by the trees, but didn't see anything. So we're giving Commander Troy and the Police a pass on that one, unless the kidnapper shows up again or another child disappears."

"That's okay." said Katherine. "Commander Troy is about to be hip-deep in a world of shit, as it is.

"The Mullen probe?" asked Priya.

Katherine nodded. "And 'probe' is the right word... Mullen is going to shove it so far up the Iron Crowbar's ass he won't be able to walk normally again."

"Do you really want the Iron Crowbar taken down?" Priya asked. "He's done more to make this County safe than anyone else."

"As soon as we have control of the Governorship, the State Legislature, and the SBI again," Katherine said, "then the Iron Crowbar can go about his business solving crimes in this County. Until then... he needs to know his place and step out of our way..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It had not taken Dean Allen very long to set up an apartment for himself in Westphalia. He had accessed his late daddy's money, which had been sitting there drawing interest for several years now. The index funds some of that money had been in were doing well, as well.

Chaplain Steven Ikea was sitting in the living room, listening with disgust and contempt to the moans of the woman in the bedroom. She was a tramp, a cheap whore, and Dean Allen was vigorously fucking her with his modest size. He'd already come once into the rubber he was wearing. The prison had been minimum security, but he still had not had any pussy while incarcerated there.

Once out, however, he found that State Senator Richard Langdon had sent him a 'gift', this babe with metallic red hair, a great pair of legs, and a mouth that sucked cock like she could suck a golf ball through a garden hose. He'd also made a distinct point to offer Ikea a prostitute, but Ikea arrogantly declined.

"Oh yeah," gasped Allen as he fucked the prostitute hard and deep, the loud *CHOCK!* *CHOCK!* *CHOCK!* of the slaps of flesh on flesh carrying through the flimsy walls of the apartment and to the ears of the Rev. Ikea. The girl was pulling her legs back and lifting them, giving Allen better access to her pussy. He took advantage, driving into her harder and deeper with relentless thrusts.

He felt his nut rising again, and while he wanted to prolong this fuck, he knew he needed to blow his wad and get back to business. He pressed harder into the girl, driving his hips forward and back as the painful ecstasy in his loins demanded release... then finally burst into a wet explosion of more semen into the tip of the well-used condom.

"UHH!!" Allen gasped as the pulses rocked his body. He grunted and groaned as the last of his semen was drained from his balls, then collapsed on the girl in a sweaty, panting heap.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The girl came out of the bedroom, dressed, as Dean put his clothes on. She came up to the chair Ikea was sitting in, lifted her right leg and set her high-heel-booted foot on the armrest, and said "Sure you don't want a piece of heaven, honey?"

"Do you know the Lord?" Ikea replied sourly, looking up at her. It was a line that worked very well to redirect her attention. She smirked at him.

"You don't know what you're missin', little man." she said, a play on the fact that Ikea was actually tall and not a small man in stature at all... though between the legs, not so much.

After the girl left, Dean came out of the bedroom. "That was good, I needed that." he said. "So, what's next?"

"We're going to your home County." said Ikea. "You have a meeting tonight with State Senator Katherine Woodburn, your father's successor, as well as a few local friends. She is an integral part of our plans to regain control of the SBI... which is a prerequisite for destroying the Iron Crowbar and Captain Croyle..."

Part 21 - Inquiries and Inquisitions

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Fox Two News!" shouted the lovely redheaded reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, April 23d. "Fox Two News has learned that the Board of Inquiry investigating the rescue of the kidnapped children in what is being called the 'Slender Man' Case will take place this morning at 10:00am. The Board is tasked with ascertaining exactly what happened at Point Hollow Friday night, and making recommendations to the Council about possible awards and citations."

"In other news," Bettina said, "Sources tell Fox Two News that Town & County Solicitor Miriam Walters is considering entering the District Attorney race! She will have to do this before noon, May 7th, the day before the primaries, but in reality would need declare by May 4th, to give other candidates time to file for the Solicitor position."

"And in State news," continued Bettina, "Legislators of both Parties eagerly await the beginning of State Independent Counsel Robert Mullen's probe into Governor Val Jared's alleged abuse of power and coverups. Asked for a timetable for bringing Commander Donald Troy in for questioning, Mr. Mullen says that he will begin issuing subpoenas for documents and witnesses within a few weeks. He also says that his probe should move along swiftly if he receives cooperation from the witnesses he calls..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Gimme twenty dollars... gimme twenty dollars... gimme twenty dollars... gimme twenty dollars..."

That is what greeted me when I walked into MCD just before 7:00am, courtesy of Detective Joanne Warner and her computer speakers. Everyone laughed as I shook my head sadly and availed myself of some good Navy coffee, courtesy of Detective Jerome Davis.

Then came the Bettina broadcast. After it was done, Cindy said "Wow, they're already trying to bury the story. What gives with that? They just don't want to give Commander Troy and the Police any credit?"

"They don't know what to make of it." said Teresa. "Neither do I, for that matter."

"No, I think Captain Ross is right." said Teddy Parker. "That was a 'give Commander Troy no credit' press report... and followed by a slanted report suggesting that Commander Troy won't cooperate with the State Independent Counsel."

"Their idea of 'cooperation'," said Cindy, "is for Commander Troy to immolate himself so they can get rid of him."

"All right, guys," I said, "let's just not talk about the Independent State Counsel anymore. It is what it is, and it will be what it will be. In the meantime, get ready for the Police Boxing Matches. My email for signing up will go out to-day."

"Can Slender Man enter the Police Boxing Matches, sir?" asked Sergeant Rudistan with great joviality. "Then again, he needs practice after the way you beat him down silly Friday night." There was a general acclaim.

"Sure, he can enter." I said. "And be arrested on the spot. In the meantime, you guys better start wondering where your spots in the brackets will be. And rumor has it that the guy making the brackets can be bribed with jelly doughnuts."

"And here they arrrrrrre." said Chief Moynahan, bringing in two boxes. I pulled rank and went first, getting one each of the raspberry and boysenberry filled doughnuts. The rest disappeared faster than the Slender Man had vanished...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This Board of Inquiry is convened." said Mr. Silas, the Chair, at 10:00am sharp. With him were the usual Board suspects, Mr. Fitzgerald and Mr. Finneran. I sat at the defense table, as the official subject of the Inquiry.

Many of the Police Officers at the scene were brought to the stand to testify, and clarify questions regarding their Police reports. They all stuck to their stories, and trick questions by Finneran could not compel them to change their stories.

Then Cindy was brought up, and Mr. Fitzgerald asked her about her burns from the hot crowbar. Cindy said she had no idea why the crowbar was so hot, and made it clear she was just speculating when she suggested that the Iron Crowbar was holding it when the burst of light erupted on the videos.

Then Teresa Croyle was brought up, and Mr. Finneran, who hated Police as badly as Malinda Adams and Maxine Watts, grilled her. "Why were you at that scene, Captain Croyle?"

"I was leading the SpecOps unit," said Teresa, "which went in and got the children out of the woods while Commander Troy was engaging the Slender Man in personal combat."

"That's my point." said Finneran. "The SpecOps unit has a full Lieutenant that can lead them, is that not right?"

"Lieutenant Hewitt is the leader of the SpecOps team." said Teresa.

"Making your presence there obsolete and unnecessary, is that not right?" persisted Finneran.

"That is not correct." said Teresa. "I also was in charge of all the Uniformed Officers at the scene, from setting up the perimeter to coordinating the evacuation of the children, to protecting the CSIs afterwards."

"How'd that perimeter work?" snarled Finneran. "The perp got away."

"Yes, he did." said Teresa. "I take responsibility for that, in not getting the perimeter completely around the property."

"Yes, and you should be held responsible for that serious breach." said Finneran. "But back to the point of my question... why were you there at all? Does Commander Troy not get it that you have six Purple Orders, and getting another one will likely end your Police career?"

"That is speculation on your part, and I don't accept your premises." said Teresa.

Last to be questioned was me, sitting at the 'defense' table. "Commander," said Finneran, "I've brought this up many times and will continue to do so: why was Captain Croyle at the scene?"

"Because it was and is her job to be there." I said. "And before you continue that useless line of questioning, Mr. Finneran, I'll tell you what I've told you before: it's my job to direct Captain Croyle's actions, not yours, and I'll heed my own counsel and continue to ignore yours completely."

"Is there any need to get hostile, Commander?" asked Mr. Silas, trying to convey a warning in a subtle way. 'Subtle', Your Iron Crowbar is not.

"Yes, Mr. Silas." I said. "As long as Finneran continues to insult my Captain, who earned each of those Purple Orders she's received, and as long as he continues to 'not get it' that I don't respect his opinion, however often it's repeated, concerning Captain Croyle's deployment to the field, then yes, I am going to continue to openly challenge his false assertions."

"Oh boy." Silas muttered under his breath, but where the microphone still picked it up. "Okay, Commander, here's where we have some problems: you engaged this Enemy in personal combat, distracting him so that Captain Croyle's team could evacuate the children to safety. That's the good part. Then we have the reports that lightning struck you in the back, burned through two pieces of very good Police armor, burned into the skin of your back... but you're otherwise not injured. Care to explain that?"

"I have no explanation for the things beyond my control, such as lightning strikes." I said. "Beyond attacking the Suspect, I am not clear on what exactly happened, either."

"Why did you attack the Suspect?" asked Finneran.

"Because he was between me and the children." I said.

"Why not have your Officers do it?" Finneran snarled.

"Because they were rescuing the children." I said. "Oh... and because Captain Croyle took the safety of the children into consideration first, which is what she should've done, and had those Officers go for them instead of the Suspect."

"Keep showing your ass and trolling me if you like." snarled Finneran, who then raised his voice and said clearly: "I'm asking because one day... and one day very soon... Captain Croyle might be 'Commander Croyle', and taking your place after you're indicted and suspended." Gasps filled the room at that shot.

"My reply is the same as Captain Croyle's earlier." I said with Rudistan-'ish' joviality. "I don't accept the premise of your statement."

"Okay, this is getting us absolutely nowhere." said Silas. "Commander, do you have any idea at all where the Suspect might've gone?"

"No sir." I said. "If I did, I'd be there arresting him instead of sitting here... or I'd be telling the FBI where to find him."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 3:30pm, Cindy, myself, and Teresa were called into the Chief's office. We were admitted formally by his secretary, which was my first clue. My second was observing the Chief's face as he sat behind his desk as we walked in.

I came up to the desk and came to attention. Teresa, seeing my action, did the same. Cindy was about to grab one of the chairs, but a slight wave of my hand stopped her.

"Ahhhh," said Chief Moynahan, "the Commander saved you, Captain Ross. He saved you. I have not invited you to sit down. This part of the meeting is the formal reprimand part, what is known in the Cavalry as your 'asschewing'." Cindy quickly came to attention.

"I just got out of a mee-ting with Mr. Silas of the Board of Inquiry and Sheriff Allgood." said the Chief. "The gist of it is that while I believe you, Commander Troy, will be Police Commander here much longer than Allgood will be Sheriff, you guys cannot continue to... what was that word... 'troll' Mr. Finneran at Boards of Inquiry. Mr. Silas even tried to give you a pretty direct warning, Commander, and you did not take heed of it."

"Folks," continued the Chief, "Mr. Finneran is definitely a jerk and hostile to Police, and especially hostile to Police Officers that have achieved some great things with this Police Force. However, he does have political support in this County, namely Malinda Adams and Kelly Carnes on the Council; and Councilman Reginald B.F. Lewis genuinely believes that Finneran has the interests of the black community that comprises Mr. Lewis's constituents. Mr. Silas was very unhappy at the exchanges that occurred today, and while he will do what he can to rein in Mr. Finneran, he and the Sheriff fully expect me to rein you in. So... no more crap. Act correctly and respectfully at Boards of Inquiry as if you were a witness before a Jury. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir!" came a small chorus.

"Okay, have a seat." said Moynahan. We did so. "The Council meets tomorrow night. Is there anything you want me to tell them?"

"Yes sir." I said.

"What's that?" asked the Chief.

"I need a new girdle, sir." I said with a straight face. Cindy and Teresa tried to hold back, but failed; they broke out laughing. It became contagious, and quickly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

There was another 'Board of Inquiry', so to speak. On Tuesday afternoon, April 24th, a large contingent of young people filled the lobby of Police Headquarters. They were all from England, and were 'Slender Man' hobbyists. And they wanted to interview me and others about the sightings of the week before.