Return To Pleasant Street Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,333 Followers

Betsey tried to blot the reality of what was happening from her mind. How had this happened? Why had it happened? Was there something wrong with her?

"Ah!" Mark moaned, his hips beginning to rock fervently. "Uh! Uh! Uh!"

Betsey felt Mr. Lewis's frantic motions, then a flood of his hot juices began spewing from his cock, splattering on the floor. She kept stroking him until nothing more came out then, finally, she released him.

Mark, finished, pulled a handkerchief out of his suit, wiped off his cock, then stuffed it back into his pants, and zipped them up. He walked around to his chair and sat down.

Betsey, still kneeling on the floor in front of his desk, felt tears welling up in her eyes. This had to be the worst day of her life.

Then the intercom on Mark's desk buzzed. He picked it up. "Mr. Lewis," he said. "Yes, we're almost done. I'll send her out." He looked at Betsey. "There are a couple of girls waiting to go on break," he said, "why don't you get yourself cleaned up and get out there?"

"O...K," Betsey replied weakly.

Mark sat at his desk, watching Betsey re-arrange her clothes, smiling. Now, more than ever, he wanted to fuck her. "What...what time do you get off work today?" he asked.

"Uh...five," Betsey replied without thinking.

"I'll meet you outside and we'll have dinner," he said. "You better get going, or the other girls will be angry with you."

"Ah...OK," Betsey said. She went to the lady's room, got cleaned up as best she could, then went out and relieved one of the girls who was scheduled to go on break.

III.

Bill Ingalls, Betsey's next door neighbor from Pleasant Street, stopped in at the store where she worked to pick up some things for his house. Bill was a widower. His wife had been killed in a car crash over ten years before and since his kids were grown, he lived alone. He worked for the Sheriff's Department and was head of the department's two-person Arson Investigation Division.

Bill liked Betsey a lot, although he didn't have the same feelings for her husband, who he thought was pretty much of a jerk. After picking up what he needed, Bill purposely got in line at the counter where Betsey was working at the register. Although Bill wouldn't admit it, especially to himself, he had a crush on his attractive neighbor, and had for some time.

Betsey was working, barely aware of what was going on around her because of the turmoil in her mind. Fortunately, the electronic scanners made what she was doing almost mindless. She found it hard to believe what had happened to her in the past twenty-four hours. Her husband had left her and she'd been sexually harassed--sexually assaulted, actually--by her boss.

As she started toting up the items the next customer had placed on the counter, someone said, "Hi, Betsey." She looked up. It was her neighbor, Bill Ingalls.

"Ah...hi, Bill," she said.

Bill looked at the young woman carefully. His years in law enforcement made him a good observer of people, but he didn't need those well-hone skills to see something had Betsey very upset.

"Betsey, are you all right?" he asked.

Before Betsey could answer, one of the supervisors came over. "You can take your lunch break after this customer," she said.

When the supervisor walked away, Betsey looked at Bill. "I...I...there are some things going on..." she stammered.

"Want to have lunch with me?" Bill asked.

"I...I guess so," Betsey said. She liked Bill, and felt close to him. She and her neighbor talked a lot when they were doing yard work.

Bill took her to a small restaurant near the store. It was full, but they did find seats at a table off in one corner. A waitress came and took her order.

"So what's going on?" Bill asked. His voice was deep, but surprisingly soft, warm, and gentle, something that was a constant source of surprise to Betsey.

"Ah...well...," Betsey replied. She felt herself choking up. "Today...today has really been a sucky day."

Bill's brow furrowed. "Oh?" he said. "In what way?"

Betsey took a deep breath, looked at him, and said, "Well, for starters, Ray left me this morning."

"I see," Bill said, nodding, "That is a pretty sucky way to have a day start. Can I assume it got worse?"

"It...it did," Betsey said. "Believe me, it did."

"Are you going to tell me about it?" Bill asked.

"I...I'm not sure I should bother you with my troubles," Betsey said. "it isn't really fair of me."

"I don't mind," Bill replied. "My kids don't have any compunctions about doing it, nor do any of my other friends."

Betsey smiled weakly at him. "Well..." she wasn't sure Bill would think very much of her if he knew what she'd done with the boss. "My...my boss is...well...he's...he's putting pressure on me to...," she stammered.

"I have a feeling you may be talking about sexual harrassment here," Bill said. "That is illegal in this day and age. I'd advise you to report this guy. My guess is, his company will take steps to stop it."

"But...but I don't know...," Betsey said. "With Ray gone, I really need the job. If...if he'd just stop..."

"Well," Bill said, "I still think you ought to call the company's regional office and report this guy."

"I...I'll think abou it," Betsey said. "And thank you for having lunch with me. And...and for being my friend."

"No problem, glad to be of service," Bill said. "I guess I better get back to work."

"Me, too," Betsey said.

Bill drove her back to the store. Just as she was about to get out of the car he said, "Betsey?"

"What, Bill?" she asked.

"Well, with Ray being gone and all, I was thinking, maybe, you know, you might want some company this evening. Would you like to have dinner with me?" he asked.

Betsey was delighted by Bill's request, and tickled by the fact that he blushed bright red when he asked. "Uh...sure, I'd love that," she told him. She knew she was supposed to meet Mark after work, but she made up her mind she'd tell him that she had no intention of doing anything with him any more, and that if he kept pressuring her, she'd report him to company headquarters.

"Great," Bill said. "What time do you get off work?"

"Five," Betsey replied.

"I'll be waiting right here at five," he told her. He watched Betsey walk into the store, then headed off to finish up some interviews related to a case he was working on. After finishing them, he had to go to the supermarket, get something for dinner, then go home and make sure the place was cleaned up.

Bill raced through the interviews, then signed off with his dispatcher and headed home to clean up and begin dinner.

Back at the store, Betsey found it difficult keeping her mind on work. She was surprised how excited she was about going to Bill's house for dinner. "It really is nice to have good friends like him," she mused as she worked. "And he's such a sweet man. It must have been terrible for him when his

wife died."

Getting things at his house done took longer than Bill planned, then traffic was heavier than he anticipated, which meant he got to the store to pick up Betsey later than he intended. He hoped Betsey didn't think he'd stood her up. She already had enough bad things happen to her today.

When Betsey walked out of the store, she didn't see Bill, but Mark was there, sitting in his car, gesturing to her, a smug a grin on his face. She couldn't believe he really expected her to be glad to see him, and to be looking forward to a coerced evening with him.

When Betsey didn't come over, Mark started his car and drove to where she stood. "Hey, come on, let's get going," he said. "Get in."

"Mr. Lewis, I...I'm not going with you tonight," Betsey replied. "I...I can't do that." She hoped she'd be able to get rid of Mr. Lewis before Bill showed up.

"What are you talking about Betsey?" Mark said. "I thought we had an understanding."

"I'm not going out with you tonight, Mr. Lewis," Betsey said.

Bill pulled into the parking lot, headed toward the entrance to the mall, and spotted Betsey. She was standing next to a car, talking to the man inside, apparently having a heated discussion with him. Betsey saw him, smiled nervously, and waved.

Bill pulled up behind the car.

"Who the hell are you looking at?" Mark demanded, turning to look. He saw what looked like an unmarked police car with an older man in it stopped behind his car and was a bit puzzled.

Had Betsey been stupid enough to try calling the cops on him? She was going to be looking for a job if she had.

"I'm not sure that's any of your business," Betsey said. "I've got to go." She started walking toward Bill's car.

Mark was angry. "You're going to be sorry if you don't get your ass in my car!" he yelled, as Betsey walked away from him.

Bill watched Betsey walk toward him and realized she looked upset. He opened the door, and got out of his car. "Is that the man you told me about at lunch?" he asked.

"Ah...yes," Betsey replied. She wasn't sure she should have told Bill what Mr. Lewis had done. He looked angry.

"Why don' t you get in the car?" Bill said, "I'll be with you in a second." He started toward Mark's car.

"What...what are you going to do?" Betsey asked. She didn't want a scene here in front of the store.

"I'm going to have a chat with your boss," Bill said. "Don't worry, I'll be reasonable."

Betsey walked back to Bill's car, opened the door, and slid in. Her heart pounded as she watched Bill walk to Mr. Lewis's car and bend over.

"You Mark Lewis?" Bill asked, looking down at Mark.

Mark looked up at the big man standing next to his car. "Yeah, who the hell are you?" he snapped.

Bill reached in his pocket, pulled out his badge case, and flipped it open. "I'm Captain Bill Ingalls, Arson Investigation Division, Sheriff's department," he said. "You and I need to talk, Mr. Lewis."

Mark was stunned. This guy was a cop! "About...about what?" he stammered.

"About how you're going to let the young lady you were just talking to alone," Bill said.

"What she and I do, that's none of your business," Mark blustered.

"Ah, but it is my business," Bill said, "because I'm making it my business. She's a friend of mine, and I'm going to be very, very upset if you don't let her alone."

"You think I'm scared of you?" Mark asked.

Bill smiled, a cold smile. "Perhaps you ought to be," he said. "Do you think your district manager will be happy if your store starts getting cited for every fire code violation I can find? I bet, right now, I can go inside there and find a lot of violations I can write expensive citations for."

"Why are you doing this?" Mark asked. He knew his boss would have a shit fit if the store started getting fines. He might even get transferred, or even fired.

"I'm doing this because Betsey won't turn you in for being a total jerk and a creep," Bill said. "I'd much rather see you get fired for sexual harassment, but she doesn't want that. I want you to let her alone, though, do you understand?"

"Ah...yeah...I...I understand," Mark replied. Had Betsey told this guy everything?

"I'm glad," Bill said, smiling. "One more thing, Mr. Lewis, before you go home to your wife and children..." He paused to let that sink in. "I helped the State Patrol arson team on a case

involving one of your other stores a few years ago and I know your regional manager. He seems to think he owes me a favor. If I ever find out you're bothering Betsey again, he and I are going to have a chat, and you'll be history. Have a good day, Mr. Lewis." He put his badge back in his pocket, turned, and walked back to his car, where Betsey was waiting for him.

"What did you say to him?" Betsey asked when Bill slid into the car.

Bill smiled at her. "I had to explain some things about fire code violations to him," he said. He put the car in gear and started for the parking lot exit. "I'm sure Mr. Lewis won't be bothering you any more."

"What...what did you say to him?" Betsey asked.

"It isn't that important," Bill replied as he braked for a traffic light. "All that matters is that he's off your back."

"I...I don't know how to thank you," Betsey said, feeling a great sense of relief. "What did you make me for dinner?"

Bill looked over at her and grinned. "You'll find out when we get to my place," he said. The light turned green and he started out again.

It didn't take long for them to reach Bill's house. He parked in front of his garage, got out, went around, and opened the door for Betsey. She got out of the car, glanced sadly at her house, then accompanied Bill inside. He was a little surprised when he realized his chest was a little tight, and his heart was pounding.

When they arrived in Bill's kitchen, the stood there, looking at each other nervously. Bill

realized he felt nervous, almost giddy. When was the last time he felt this way? It was a very long time ago. "I haven't felt like this since I was a pimple-faced kid," he mused. "What the heck is going on?"

Bill had the table set, and the meal, a meatloaf and vegetables, was ready, so they sat down at the dining room table to eat.

Betsey discovered Bill was an excellent cook and ate ravenously. She couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten that much. When they finished, she smiled at him. "You are an incredibly good cook," she said. "I feel like I'm going to bust."

Bill blushed. "I guess I learned a little cooking for myself for twelve years," he said.

"Your wife has been dead for twelve years?" Betsey asked.

"Exactly twelve years next week," Bill replied. "We'd been married ten years."

"Haven't you ever thought about remarrying?" Betsey asked.

"I never found anyone I wanted to marry after Liz was killed," he said. "I guess I was afraid. Our marriage was really special and...I guess I wasn't sure I'd ever find anyone I could care about that much."

"Losing your wife must have been terrible," Betsey commented. She felt tremendous rush of sympathy for Bill. He obviously loved his wife very much. She was still young, and had a lot of life to live. Maybe her problems weren't so bad, after all.

"It was tough, but I guess I coped," Bill said. "The job helped a lot. I was able to keep busy so there wasn't a whole lot of time to feel sorry for myself."

"I can't picture you moping around, feeling sorry for yourself," Betsey said. "You seem so

strong, so sure of yourself."

"Having the kids helped," Bill said. "As long as they were around, I guess it was like part of Liz was still there. The kids and I were a pretty good support system."

Betsey looked at him. "It just seems criminal that a sweet man like you should be alone," she said. "You'd make some lucky woman a good husband, I think."

When he heard Betsey's comment, Bill felt a rush of delight and didn't understand why. Why was he thinking about her like that? She wasn't too much older than his kids. He was being an old fool, he told himself.

They finally got up and started to do the dishes, and talked some more, discovering they enjoyed each other's company. It seemed as if they were doing things in slow motion, as if they were trying to prolong their evening together.

"Why...why did you do what you did today? Help me with Mr. Lewis, I mean?" Betsey asked at one point.

Bill's face reddened and he shrugged. "I don't know," he replied.

"You don't know?" Betsey said. "Do you normally go around helping people who are in trouble?"

Bill looked at her and smiled. "Just you," he said softly.

Betsey felt her face get hot. "Oh," she murmured.

The dishes were finished, and it was time for Betsey to leave. "I...I really enjoyed tonight," she said. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Bill said.

On impulse, Betsey leaned over and kissed him.

At the same time, Bill turned toward her, and the kiss, intended for his cheek, wound up landing on his lips instead. What Betsey intended as a kiss of "thank you" turned into something totally different.

Their lips remained joined and Betsey felt Bill's strong hand touch her cheek gently. Her arms slid around his neck, and she experienced a depth of sensation she hadn't felt in a long time.

Finally, the kiss ended. Bill knew he didn't want her to leave. "Betsey..." he said softly. "Don't go home...not yet. Please."

Betsey, thrilled, slid her arms around him and hugged him, feeling his hard body against hers. It was a totally pleasant sensation, one she wanted more of.

"I...I didn't want to leave," she whispered. She felt Bill's strong arms wrap around her and pressed her head against his chest. She could hear his heart pounding.

"Do...do you know what might...happen if...if you stay?" he asked softly.

Betsey looked up at him. "Yes, I...I do," she murmured.

Once again, his lips covered hers, and wonderful heat filled both of them and Betsey felt fires of passion bursting to life deep inside her.

Betsey hadn't felt like this in a long, long time. When the kiss ended, they leaned back and looked at each other.

"What...what's happening to us?" Betsey whispered.

"I 'm not sure," Bill said, "but I think it's fantastic." He scooped her up in his arms and started toward the stairway.

Betsey let her head lay on his shoulder. She'd never felt this safe, this secure, in her whole life.

Bill carried Betsey upstairs, to the master bedroom, and laid her on the bed. Then he stood next to the bed, his chest heaving, looking down at her.

"Bill...I...I want you," Betsey said.

"I want you, too," Bill replied. He sat down next to her on the bed.

Betsey sat up and felt him unzipping her dress. It was the second time a man had tone that today, but this time it felt marvelous! When her dress was open, he began caressing her neck and shoulders, then he pushed the dress down. She felt his fingers trembling as the moved lightly over her skin, around to her back. Then he undid the clasp of her bra, which dropped from her, leaving her breasts bared to his view and touch.

Bill gasped as he looked at her. "My God, Betsey, you're so beautiful!" he exclaimed, then he lowered his face and lips to her chest and began kissing her breasts tenderly.

Shock-waves of delight made Betsey tremble. His touch was so light, so gentle, and so wonderful, she at first thought she was going to come, just from having her breasts and nipples kissed. Bill was big and strong, but his caresses were incredibly light and delightful!

"Oh! God!" she moaned. "That's wonderful! That's so wonderful!" His lips traveled from one nipple to the other nipple and thrills continued to race through her.

Then, slowly, his lips moved downward, over her chest, onto her flat belly. He finished pushing her dress down over her hips and Betsey arched her back to make it easy for him. She did the same when he removed her panty-hose and panties.

"Oh, God, Bill!" she crooned, when his hands began trailing lightly up and down her lean legs. "You're making me feel so fantastic!" Her body quaking with need. And, she realized, it was Bill she wanted, not just anyone! His caresses and kisses were softer and gentler than any she'd experienced. She couldn't recall the last time she was this turned on! "Take me! Oh, Bill, please take me!" she moaned, her hips twisting and turning.

Bill's body, long denied loving, was on fire. He couldn't recall when he'd wanted a woman as badly as he wanted Betsey. He stood up, stripped his clothes off, then lay down on top of her, and felt the tip of his erection slide between the hot, well-lubricated lips of her vagina. The shaft parted, then slid into her pulsing, tight opening.

Shock-waves of joy boomed through Betsey as, slowly, Bill's swollen shaft sank into her. "Yes! Oh, Bill, yes!" she moaned. "Oh, God! I need you! I need you so much!"

Bill's need was too great for him to hold off as long as he would have liked. His hips began moving, driving his penis into Betsey.

D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,333 Followers