Reunited

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Turn the photo over."

Dropping the letter on the table, she picked up the photo, turning it over.

All she said was, "Jesus Christ, Jason," while she just stared into my eyes.

"What do I do Sam?"

"You don't know what to do? You have a sister, a sister you did not know existed. You have a family. I know your father was wrong for what he did, but the way he explains everything in this letter, he was sorry."

"How do I know this isn't some scam? You read about this every day in the newspapers."

Leaning forward, she took both of my hands in hers and advised me. "What have you got to lose. You can both have a DNA test, to see if you're related." Picking up the photo, she looks at it again. "Comparing this picture and the photographs you have of your mum, I would say you are related."

"If she rejects me?"

Frowning her eyebrows, letting go of my hands, while crossing them over her chest, she replied, "These are all excuses not to meet her. Look I know you are scared, she is probably more scared than you." Getting up, she came up to my side of the table, taking my head in her hands. "What's the worst thing that can happen? She tells you, she doesn't want to be part of your life. Which I doubt she will say that."

Embracing her, I squeeze her tight. "Thank you for listening to me Sam."

I made us another cup of tea, with our beverages we went to the living room, relaxing on the couch. Grabbing the remote, I asked her, "Fancy watching an episode or two before I go home."

"Sure," Sam responded

On moving here, I subscribed to Netflix. When Samantha and I got to know each other, I gave her my login and password to watch some mini-series when the children were asleep. We started watching a popular series together. After watching an episode, we would have a little discussion about the series. Pressing play, we waited for the episode to start, Samantha getting comfortable, in her favourite position, with her head on my shoulder.

The show started, but my mind was in London, thinking of what I read in the letter. Running different scenarios in my mind about the next time I go to meet my sister. The closing scores started when I came out of my daydream. Looking down Samantha was fast asleep. Slowly getting up, I went and got her quilt off her bed, covering her with it. Kissing her on the forehead, I then made my way back to my flat.

Getting up early the next day, I had decided what I was going to do. I will go to meet my sister. By nine, I was out of my apartment to run a few errands I had. By midday, I had everything finished. Putting in my army bag a change of clothes, I was ready to go.

Grabbing my notepad, I wrote a quick note for Samantha. 'Thank you for being there when I needed someone to talk to'. Writing a cheque for £1000, I put it in an envelope with Samantha written on the outside. I placed it beside the watering can.

Ringing the doorbell a few seconds later I hear a young voice. "Who is it?" It was Tina.

"How many times have I told you not to go near the front door when the bell rings?" It was Samantha giving the little one some wise advice.

Opening the door, Tina ran grabbing my leg with William grabbing my other leg, copying whatever his older sister did. Samantha is standing behind them, her eyes all moist.

"You've made up your mind, to meet your sister."

"Yes."

"Hey, don't you forget about us." Turning her head to hide the tears running down her cheeks.

Gesturing the children to let me go, I walk up to her, wiping the tears with my finger. Holding up a set of keys. "This set is for you."

"What are those for?"

"Keys to my flat. If you can water my plants for me every couple of days, till I come back?

Embracing me, she hugged me. "Take as long as you like, don't worry about your flat, I'll look after it."

Saying our goodbyes, I started to make my way to the car. Driving out of the Tower Block car park, once the road was clear, I put my foot down. It was a two-hour drive to my destination. I wanted to get there as soon as possible.

Chapter 3

It was almost five in the afternoon when I got into London, with the directions of my TomTom. I found myself parked across the street from Robert Clark's office. Sitting there, just watching the entrance.

I wasn't there for more than twenty minutes when a black Bentley parked outside the solicitors. In the front seats were the two bodyguards I saw a few days ago walking out of Mr Clark's office. The back seat windows of the car were tinted black. I was unable to see inside. But I had an idea who might be the passenger.

Both bodyguards got out of the car simultaneously. One going to the entrance of the solicitors, while the other opened the back door of the Bentley. As I suspected, it was Designer Suit. He started straightening his jacket while looking to his left and right. Once he was ready, he began making his way into the solicitors. The bodyguard who opened the door for him, following him closely. The other staying outside, standing there with his hands crossed, like a bouncer at a nightclub.

A few minutes later, Randolph appeared, still wearing the shoulder sling. Limping up to the bodyguard, they exchanged words. With the guard shaking his head from left to right, he then pushed Randolph on his injured shoulder. Randolph, stepped back, grasping his arm with his other hand. With his head, down he turned and walked away while the bodyguard stood there laughing at the pain he had caused to Randolph.

Getting out of the car, I crossed the road walking towards the Bentley. Stopping in front of the car, I looked down at the number plates. Memorising the number for future reference. I started inspecting the vehicle, examining the bodywork. Like someone would check a car at a dealership. I walked around the car three times, even looking inside at the interior. I wanted to see how much I could push the bodyguard guarding the door to the solicitors. He just stood there like a statue, staring at me, not flinching a muscle.

Walking up to him, I asked. "How much does something like that set you back?"

"You what mate," was his reply.

I wanted to provoke him, something was telling me, the designer suit did not have good intentions in the solicitor's office. I wanted to draw some attention outside, hopefully making the others come out.

"Let me rephrase that for you Cockney, a little slower so you can understand." Taking a defensive position, waiting to see what his reaction would be. Just as I thought, he started coming towards me. Suddenly the door behind him opened, designer suit walked out, going straight to the Bentley. Followed by the other bodyguard, rushing to get to the car before his boss, to open the door for him.

Cockney, stood there in front of me, his face tight. "Just hope I don't see you on the street again, you little prick!" he angrily threatened me. I just stood there grinning at him, not saying a word. With a face as red as a cherry, he got into the Bentley. Starting the car up, he drove off, disappearing around the corner.

When I walked into the solicitors, Mrs Jenkins was putting on her Jacket. Mr Clark was locking his office. Hearing the door, they both looked towards me. On seeing me, Mrs Jenkins smiled, with a sigh of relief on her face. She walked up to me, taking my hand and squeezing it.

"I am so glad you decided to come back."

"Melissa, go home I'll lock up," Mr Clark told her.

Standing outside the solicitors, like two people who don't know each other, wondering what to say next. At the same time, we both try to say something. Stopping, we started laughing together.

Melissa said, "You first."

"Why don't we meet here at the solicitor's tomorrow, we can arrange a meeting with my sister?"

With a radiant face, she responded back. "I have a better idea."

Confused I said. "What Mrs Jenkins?"

"Have you had something to eat? Because I am famished, if you would like to join me, there is a lovely family owned Greek restaurant just down the street? We can have a meal, and I can tell you about your father and sister. And please do not call me Mrs Jenkins, call me Melissa."

That is what we did. We had something to eat, then with our dessert and coffee, Melissa told me everything I needed to know about my family.

"I met your dad ten years ago. He walked into Robert's office inquiring for a solicitor. That week he came to see Robert three times. He told me after we dated, I was the reason he kept coming every other day."

"Did he ever talk about his previous family?"

"It was five years ago. I had just finished work, Jennifer was out with some friends. When I got home, Martin's car was in the driveway. He wasn't downstairs, so I made my way upstairs to our bedroom. Entering the room, he was sitting on our bed. In his hand, a picture of a woman holding a toddler. With tears in his eyes, he said, "It's my son's 18th Birthday today." I was angry, how could he keep such a secret from me. That evening he explained everything to me, how much he loved your mother and you. How he lost his job, which turned him to drinking and eventually becoming an alcoholic and an abusive husband. He was worried, how he was going to support his family. The frustration in not finding a job turned into anger, making him aggressive. I was the first person he had spoken to about what he had done. That is when I felt sad for him, all those years, not having anyone to talk to." She sat there, staring at her plate, I could see her mind was far away, probably thinking of memories long ago.

"What kind of a person was he?"

Looking up, into my eyes she continued, "Your father was a perfect parent to Jennifer. Whatever she wanted, she would get. But he would be very strict with her when he had to. To me, he was an excellent husband." Smiling while taking my hand, she carried on, "He owned a café when we met. It wasn't big. With some savings we had, we got a mortgage and bought a house. With his business and my job, we survived. Jennifer was twelve when your father introduced me to her. At first, it was difficult. We would argue all the time. Eventually, she accepted me."

"What is she like, my sister?"

She just smiled at me before she answered, "She has a bit of a temper. Like a piece of dynamite. Something like what you did two days ago to Randolph. She just explodes, not thinking of the consequences."

"Yes, I wanted to apologise for that, is Randolph ok? I saw his arm in a shoulder sling, and he was limping."

"Oh, he's okay. He still has a little pain in his arm, but he'll survive."

We ordered another coffee while she asked me some questions about myself and my mother. By the end of the evening, we were more comfortable with each other. She reminded me a lot of my mum, maybe that is why my father fell in love with this woman. It was almost eleven when we left the restaurant. Walking down the street, back to the solicitor's office.

"I'm parked just across the street, could I give you a lift back home?" I asked Melissa.

"The bus stop is here." Looking up at the time screen, to see when the next bus will be coming. "My bus should be here in ten minutes."

"Let me give you a lift?" I insisted.

"Don't worry. The bus will be here soon. You've probably had a long day today, driving from Birmingham."

"You're not going to destroy our lovely evening by not letting me take you home."

"OK."

The drive to her house didn't take more than ten minutes. She directed me where to go, telling me to stop outside a semi-detached house. There was a light on the top floor. I just sat there for a few minutes looking at the light, waiting to see some movement.

"Jennifer stayed in tonight. I would ask you to come in, but it's best you meet her tomorrow." Sitting there, she waited for my reaction.

Nodding my head up and down slowly, before I spoke, "I think that's the best thing to do. I will meet you tomorrow at the solicitors."

When I arrived at the hotel, I checked-in. Going straight to my room, unpacking the few things I brought with me. Firing up my laptop, I logged in straight away on my emails. Scanning through my inbox, checking to see if I had anything urgent to read. Finding, John Carter's email address, I sent him an email.

Hi John

Small favour, can you do a check on the number plate below?

LS60BAD.

Jason Ward

John Carter and I served together in the forces. We were part of an elite force. Altogether there was twelve of us. They would send us to top secret missions. Missions that if they went wrong, they couldn't send a rescue team for us. Two years in the elite force was enough for me. Finishing my duty, I wanted out. I wanted the normal life. Four of the others stayed in the army. John and Major Harry got jobs fighting terrorism in the homeland. While the others worked as bodyguards, babysitting tycoons or their kids.

Jumping in the shower, I let the water run on me for a while. Finishing my shower, I was towel drying my hair when the speaker on my laptop beeped, telling me I have an email. Turning the laptop around to see who sent it. "That's quick John" The email flagged as important. Clicking the email, it read.

Hi Jason

It's been a while buddy.

The number plate you sent me. It's registered to a Lawrence Sparks. This guy is your local loan shark and protection racket in North London.

He has a strong influence on the law, having the police on his payroll, even some judges.

If you need anything else, call me, I could do with a bit of action? I'm getting a little overweight behind this office desk.

John Carter

Smiling at the last comment, before shutting down the laptop. Switching off the light, I just lied there in bed, staring at the ceiling. Thinking of how my meeting with my sister will go tomorrow.

Chapter 4

Standing at the entrance of the hotel, I felt the warm morning sun on my face. It was just after eight. I was considering if I should walk or take my car to Mr Clark's office.

"Good morning Mr Ward," It was Daniel the Front Office Manager of the hotel.

When I arrived last night, Daniel was behind the desk. While the young lady was preparing the paperwork for my check-in, he welcomed me back, telling me I had a complimentary night as I left early the last time I was here.

"Good morning Daniel. Do you think the weather will stay like this today? I was wondering if I should walk or take my car?"

"When I looked at the weather forecast, it showed sunny all day," he enthusiastically replied.

Taking off my jacket, I felt the cold breeze go through my sweatshirt and onto my skin. "Daniel, could I leave my coat behind the desk till I come back?"

"Of course, sir," Taking my jacket, he made his way inside.

The walk to the solicitors took longer than I anticipated, this was due to getting lost. I used Google maps on my smartphone, but still made a couple of wrong turns. I could never get used to the sense of direction on these devices. I always seem to go the opposite direction.

It was just after nine when I reached the office. Pressing the buzzer, I waited for a response. No one answered the door. "It looks like I am not the only one who is running late," I thought. Waiting for over thirty minutes for Melissa to come, I decided to go opposite to Starbucks. There I could see the entrance of the office when Melissa comes. Crossing the road, I heard a voice behind me call out my name.

"Jason, Jason, hold up," It was Randolph, running towards me. When he reached me, he stood there out of breath. "Melissa couldn't come, she told me to come and pick you up."

Looking at the shoulder sling on his arm, I said, "I want to apologise for ..."

Stopping me before I can finish my sentence. "Don't worry about it. I should have listened to you the first time when you told me to let you go."

The car he came to pick me up in was a Vauxhall Corsa, if you're not familiar with this vehicle it is a small hatchback. I stood there watching him as he struggled to get into the driver's seat. I guess, I thought, he wouldn't fit in such a small car, a big man like him.

"Are you going to get in or what!" Randolph called out.

Getting into the car myself, I sat there watching him take his arm out of the shoulder sling and resting it on the gear stick, with his other hand grasping the steering wheel tight.

"It's easier to drive like this," while pulling his stomach in, to avoid touching the steering wheel.

"What happened to the Merc?"

"Mr Clark hires that sometimes for clients."

"How comes Melissa couldn't come?"

He carried on driving, not answering my question. The rest of the journey we were both quiet, not a single word spoken. When we got to the café, it was larger than I thought. Two shops as one, it was a restaurant, with modern fittings, not more than a couple of years old.

"Randolph, give me a heads up of what is going on?"

"Last night, after you dropped off Mrs Jenkins, Jennifer was furious with her. Cursing all night, saying you are only here for the business. Once you sell your share, you're going to forget about her." Turning to look at the entrance of the cafe. He then continued. "The atmosphere is not very good in there. When Melissa sent me to pick you up, they started arguing again."

Getting out of the car, we both entered the café, Randolph first. Walking passed the tables, I was scanning the area to see Melissa. There she was, taking an order from some customers. Reaching the counter, I could see the chef over the stove, his back to us. "Could that be my sister in the kitchen?" I said to myself.

All of a sudden, the kitchen door swung open. "Order for table seven is ready!" The tone of the voice was familiar. For a moment, I thought it was my mother. On seeing her for the first time, I knew she was my sister. The walk, the facial expressions, similar to my mum's.

When she saw me, she stopped in her path, dropping the plates she was holding onto the counter. It made a crashing sound, startling everyone in the diner. For some seconds, it was silent. Then her gaze went to Randolph, who was standing next to me.

"Randolph why the hell did you bring him here?" She shouted at him.

Randolph took a step back before answering. "Mrs Jenkins asked me to."

"Well, you can take him back to whatever stone he crawled from under."

A few hours ago, my adrenaline was high with the thought of meeting my sister. But it seems, she doesn't even want to look at me. As she said, "I'll just crawl back under my stone, back in Birmingham." Walking back to the exit, I felt a hand grab my arm. It was Melissa.

"You're not going anywhere until this gets sorted out. Jennifer, you get your ass over here now. Lillian, I need your keys to the flat, please?"

"It's a mess up there Mrs Jenkins," Lillian called out. She was the lady I saw in the kitchen.

Melissa stretched out her hand, with her palm open. "Now, please Lilly!" she demanded.

We left the shop, going upstairs through a side door. Lillian was right. The flat was not tidy. There were magazines scattered on the coffee table, a drying rack with clothes on it by the window.

"I will be back in two minutes, try not to kill each other in that time!" Melissa ordered.

Standing there, I waited to see what Melissa had to say so that I can get out of there and go back home. Jennifer was avoiding eye contact, with her back to me, she was studying a painting on the wall.

Hearing Melissa's footsteps, we both looked towards the entrance of the room. "Ok, you two let's see what we can establish here." Looking at me, she said to me, "You sit there." Pointing at the single couch in the corner of the room. Turning to the double couch behind them. She told Jennifer. "Young lady you sit here with me." With all three of us seated, Melissa continued.

"Let's start with you Jason, what do you have to say?" Melissa asked.