Revelations Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,548 Followers

There's a verse to an old song about Jesse James. It goes something like this:

'The victory goes to the strongest,

and only the strong shall survive,

survival is living the longest,

but nobody gets out alive.'

Yeah, nobody gets out alive.

All that was left was some old jewelry, a few very personal pictures I'd kept, some 'family pictures' around the house, and one or two pictures Vanessa had in her wallet.

I got the two rings she'd bought me; one a nice onyx, the other a handsome garnet. She'd gotten me a nice wristwatch once for Christmas; there were three sets of cuff links, and the special cross she'd bought on our first wedding anniversary. I hated to give up that cross. We'd been so poor then, and I thought we were happy, but it hurt too much to keep it.

I took this shit to a pawn shop on the south side of town and sold it all for a song. I wanted Vanessa to make a final decision about this crap so I put the pawn ticket in the manila envelope just in case she wanted to get it all back and resell it for a better price.

I had kept this stuff in a small jewelry box she'd bought me. I threw the jewelry box out. When she came into the bedroom and saw it was missing she didn't even bother to ask. She just sat on the side of the bed and cried some more. I mean after all, there wasn't anything to talk about anymore was there? I mean damn it; all the warmth I'd once felt for her was gone. I just felt cold and dead.

Well there wasn't much left to do. When I first started my 'clean out' I had gone to a lawyer and I'd made all my 'final special arrangements'

There were still the pictures around the house, but by the time I got to the jewelry Vanessa was afraid to leave the house or leave me alone. She kept following me around like she waiting for me to stuff a knife in my chest. Well not yet.

I had to get a friend to make a bogus call to get her out of the house. While she was gone I took down all the family pictures that had me in them. I cut myself out and put them back. I knew I couldn't get to her wallet easily, but I had managed to get into it the night before while she was asleep. I did the pictures. I had removed the five pictures in her wallet that included me. There were two of us together; one was of us on our wedding day, that one really hurt. I flushed them down the toilet.

I took the manila envelope upstairs and put it in the back of her closet. I figured she wouldn't find it for months, and by then I'd be so long gone as to be unrecognizable. I sat down at my laptop and wrote James and Karen a letter. I certainly wasn't going to write Vanessa anything; she had her dead lover's letter. I printed out two copies, and mailed them the old fashioned way. I knew that would take a couple days; just long enough for me to make my final departure.

I was so unhappy. I knew I was already dead. I just didn't care what I said. All I wanted to do was hurt Vanessa. Like Wolman I was leaving her my posthumous fuck you.

What did I write James and Karen? Well it wasn't real pretty.

Dear James and Karen;

I'd like to address you as my children, but I can't be sure if you're really mine. Ask your mother about that. Maybe you can do a DNA check? Sorry if that sounds cruel; maybe you should ask your mother. Honestly, your lack of interest in the pictures and DVDs may have been proof you already knew I wasn't your real father. I just don't know. By the time you get this I'll be gone. The man you knew as Victor Brown will be dead. Your mother killed him. You can ask her about it. I can't guarantee she'll tell you the truth about how this happened so I've enclosed a DVD of your mother and her 'special' friend that will explain things. Watch it; I'm sure you'll find it educational. I've included copies of some of your mother's emails too. I'm sorry I won't be there for you or for your children, but you'll always have your mother.

I signed it Victor Brown (deceased)

I got all my personal papers, my driver's license, voter's card, credit cards, and passport, and put them in a small folder. I got in my car and drove to my lawyer's.

I had my last days all figured out. After I drove to my lawyer's where I signed the paper to my Lexus over to him with the promise he'd tell Vanessa he'd bought it for a dollar. He gave me the few things I still needed and I left Houston.

I went to the airport, got a ticket, and boarded a plane. As the plane took off I looked down on the city that had been so good to me for so long. I knew I'd miss the place. I looked down and sort of saw where my home once was. I felt a lot of regret, but I felt an odd sense of calm too; I knew my life was just about over.

I took a flight to Miami where I boarded a Royal Caribbean cruise liner that was bound for the Bahamas. The liner had to pass through the Straits of Florida; some of the most treacherous waters in the western Atlantic.

It was late, it was nighttime. I stood on the edge of the deck, nobody else was around. I looked down into the dark forbidding waters of the North Atlantic. I shed a tear. This was where it would all end. I didn't see any other alternative. I walked to the edge of the vessel. I leaned over. This was it! Victor Brown was about to die. It would all be over; the pain, the questions, the misery, all gone. I shed a tear.

Good bye Victor!

I threw all my Victor Brown identity cards over the side.

An Epilogue of sorts:

The next morning the boat docked at the tourist section on Nassau Island. I rented a motorcycle and rode to the main city on the far end of the island. I got out my new passport with my new identity; the identity I told my lawyer I wanted him to develop. I went to the airport, and I bought a one way ticket to Grand Cayman.

I had an old friend who'd divorced his wife and had moved to the Cayman Islands some years before. His name is Jim Cavendish. He's a bartender at one of the hotels. I took the flight to Grand Cayman, and got off the plane. Early on when I knew Victor had to die I'd asked Jim if I could join him in his dream. He said I could.

So Victor Brown was dead. Somewhere out on the Atlantic floated all his identity papers. Vanessa would never know what happened. As far as I was concerned she was dead too. She could fuck anybody she wanted now.

I stepped from the plane a new man in a new world. From this day forward I was Gary Owen. I liked that name; it reminded me of George Armstrong Custer. I'd done it; Victor Brown's Last Stand!

As I walked toward Jim's car there was only one remaining reminder of my past life; seated in the back of Jim's car was my girl, the one truly good thing Vanessa had given me that she could never sully, there she was; my chocolate lab Chelsea wagging her tail.

I really loved that damn dog.

A Postscript: I think I'm still fucked!

I wish I could tell you that's how it all ended; I mean that I settled in with Jim and started a new life. It's just a damn shame; here I am two years older and living in a tropical paradise. I'm happy. I have a beautiful new companion who's a youthful fifty-six. She loves me dearly. Man I'm sixty-two years old and can get it up almost every night. I keep thinking about that Toby Keith song, 'I'm not as good as I once was; but I'm as good once as I ever was!' We have a wonderful 'open' relationship. Life couldn't get any better.

The fly in the ointment you ask? My lawyer with whom I've surreptitiously kept in touch with in Houston emailed me some disquieting news. My 'wife', her two children and her now four grandchildren found out I'm still alive. They've found out where I live. Fuck! They're on their way!

A note to the readers; if there are any.

I don't know what to say. This really isn't my story. We'll have to see whether alex_lover wants us to let you know what happens next. Me, I'd kind of like to find out how the bitch handled my 'death', how she explained the videos to 'her' children, and what she thinks will happen when she finds me here all tanned, toned, and relaxed sipping Margaritas.

If any of you are inclined, please make a comment. I won't improve if I don't get some constructive criticism. The there's Victor, I mean Gary. What do you think he should do when the bitch shows up?

Thanks again to Harryr, and to alex_lover.

carvohi

carvohi
carvohi
2,548 Followers
12