Revenge

Story Info
This is a extremely vicious take on the 'good' guys.
1.6k words
3.74
14.9k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Character List
Azash-The great empire
Elayne-One of the great betrayers, an expert at sword work and magic
Selkor-One of the great betrayers
Ashkante-Last of the great betrayers
Elain-A young girl with great power
Seker-A mysterious boy
Ahok-One of the great heroes

Revenge

Fifteen years ago ten warriors were sent off to combat the demon threat. The armies of the great empire Azash were spent, without regard to cost, to give the heroes a chance to get through. They succeeded. Of those ten who took up the call, only five came back alive. Two were killed before reaching the portal and three of them betrayed the empire and were struck down by the five. The remaining five returned victorious and triumphant. They were applauded and made lords for their great service. The empire flourished and the heroes proved to be fair and just rulers. The empire was at peace, it was wealthy and powerful and none dared to challenge it.

Present day. Outside of the empire everything was how it had been, full of war, death and cruelty. Three especially evil lords gathered together using the names of the betrayers, Ashkante, Elayne and Selkor, to strike fear into the hearts of all who opposed them. They called themselves the Army of the Black Void. Their reign of terror went unopposed for months, the empire refusing to help. The rulers of that land had all been killed by that time. However, rumours began to spread of the one who had killed hundreds of the lord's soldiers alone. In a small village Selkor rode down searching for this 'hero.' "Where is he?" He thundered. The people had no idea what he was talking about, no man had come to their village for weeks and they said as much to him. "Come out, 'hero.' I know you are here." He yelled mockingly as he cut down the villagers in front of him. A single girl walked out of a hut, she was at most fifteen but already beautiful. Long, flowing black hair, piercing blue eyes and skin as perfect as could be. At her side a long sword and on her back a paper wrapped package.

"You called?" Her voice was soft, melodious, and perfect.

"Ha! I called for the hero, not a little girl. Well you look pretty nice. I know the perfect way to treat you. Men take her to my tent; at least this village will not be a total waste. Right men?" They all laughed raucously and mockingly knowing what was going to happen to her.

"You are right about one thing; this will not be a total waste. Remember my name Elain, for it will be the last name you will ever learn. " She drew her long sword that gleamed silver in the fading light of dusk.

"Ha, it seems that this girl thinks she is a swordswoman. She even dared to threaten me. Come on men show her the consequences of messing with the betrayers!" Two men walked over to her, not even bothering to draw their swords.

"Come on little gir....." Was as far as they got.

"Hmm? What's wrong men, get her already." Selkor shouted at them. Blood burst out from both of them and they fell into two halves on the ground. Nobody had even seen her move. "Wh..what was that?" He stuttered then regained control of himself. "Ha, you got lucky girly!" Her sword flickered once, almost faster than the eye could see, severing the horses head and cutting through his sword like butter. "Who, who are you?" He screamed at her frantically trying to back away. She leaned over and whispered something in his ear. "No...no! That's impossible, impossible! Forgive me." He was crying now in terror and in pain.

"No." Her voice was barely above a whisper. Her sword flicked down cutting of both of his arms. He screamed in pain and agony. His men backed away from this display of viciousness. They were battle hardened men, but this was different.

"Help me! Help me!" He screamed looking around for anyone rushing to his aid as blood poured out of the stumps of his arms.

"No one is planning on helping you, you will die alone and abandoned." She cut of his legs next, he was screaming so loud that it was impossible to hear anything. The people of the village looked at her with as much fear as they had looked at the lord. Was this the hero? This was their savoir? She seemed far more vicious and cruel than even the lord had been. "Stop your screaming, can you not see? You are scaring the villagers." She laughed a cruel ringing laugh and with a final flick his head flew off and bounced to the feet of the petrified soldiers. They stared down at the head in horror; their leader had just been cut down by a child. No less than a child, a girl! Whoever killed her would surely be rewarded greatly by Elayne was their though. As one they charged hoping to overwhelm her with numbers and take their fallen masters place. As one they drew their swords. Alone they fought against her. Alone they perished. His sword cut through them as easily she had cut through their limbless master. Their screams soon filled the air, their limbs flew and blood covered the ground. A sea of blood.

"You, you are the hero!" A villager cried. Soon the entire villager was celebrating at the return of their new hero. They tried hard to ignore the scene of carnage before them. Her voice cut through the air, no longer melodious but harsh and cruel.

"Hero?" She laughed mockingly. "Ah how ironic is it that the people begging and hoping for the five 'great'" The sarcasm was evidence in his voice. "heroes to come would call me a hero. A pity that no one here can see the irony." She walked out of the village leaving them questioning what on earth he meant. Weeks passed and words of great massacres of the Black Void army spread far and wide.

"Damn it! That kid is ruining all of our plans Elayne!"

"Be calm Ashkante, Selkor's death just means more land for us." Elayne replied. She was tired of Ashkante's constant moaning. In truth he sickened her. She shuddered almost imperceptibly; they were never the same after that. "Selkor was just overconfident there is no way in hell that she could possibly get in here." The gleaming sword slid through Ashkante's chest and burst out. He looked down not believing what had just happened to him.

"Help me!" He gurgled and slid to the floor. The girl walked around from the other side. Elayne leapt up and drew her sword preparing for the battle with this 'hero.'

"So you are the leader of this Black Sword army. The one, who dares to call herself Elayne..." Her voice was again cruel.

"What do you mean dares to call? I am Elayne herself! I have come back from hell to get revenge on this empire and those who killed me!" Her voice thundered through the room, confident and proud as the words were, there was an air of desperation to them.

"Shut up." Her voice was quiet but the anger in her voice made it sound like a clap of thunder. "I think we both know that you are not Elayne." Her eyes were mocking and full of not hatred. That word was too calm but...cold. Her eyes looked like the eyes of somebody who has seen hell and come back to tell the tale. They were haunted and full of regret and a deep pain that could not be understood.

How could she know? Who was she that she knew that she was a fake! "Wh..what do you mean?" Her confidence shattered she stuttered.

"Do you know what this is? Can you do what you named your army after?" Her sword once gleaming bright and silver dulled. It turned gray then brown and finally black. Then it turned darker than black. It sucked in all the light around it plunging the room into blackness. But the sword, it was still visible a gaping maw into the abyss. "This is the sword of the abyss."

"Impossible" Elayne cried out in terror. "Only one person has ever been able to make that sword!"

"Exactly, I think you know who I am now Elayne. Don't you?" Elayne nodded mutely.

"Yes...I know now. Please forgive me! But why did you not come back earlier! With you at are front we could have finally destroyed the five heroes. Together we would have been unstoppable."

"Why? That is a story in itself. One you will not get to hear unfortunately. You used the names of the betrayers and that I cannot forgive. You tainted their names even more than they already were....No. I am sorry but I must kill you. I will make it quick. You will live on with me and see the heroes die."

"Yes...I am ready. I will live with you in your sword. I will become part of your power." She kneels down and bares her neck.

"I look forward to you travelling with me. First, tell me your name."

"Linia." She whispered and the sword flickered. It struck her neck. There was no flash of blood only an encompassing sphere of darkness. Then silence.

"I am coming for you pathetic heroes!" She swings her sword up pointing it at the ceiling unleashing a blast of darkness consuming the castle and what's left of the army.